Kill off all the quaggons

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Budman.2934

Budman.2934

like the title says there annoying they can’t do anything and if Darwin had anything to say about them its why aren’t they dead yet

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

Dredge first .

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Well, Darwin’s thing of “survival of the fittest” actually indicates more than just adaptability. The “fittest” as described is who can give the most groin-kerpow and make mucho niños.

So out of the quaggans that are alive, just assume they’re really good in the sack. Or pond. Or wherever quaggans do it.

M: Oo. Oo. Oo. OooOo~
F: OooOo, Oooyeah, Ooyeah, ooo, OOOOOO~

….I may be a little tired and off my meds. :P

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

Lets not kill them all off. I prefer they’re availability for various menu items for the foreseeable future.

Save a salad, eat a quaggan.

SBI

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Any species that is currently alive and in good numbers is doing well evolution wise. The “survival of the fittest” is not a competition only a few can win using only one method: is an ethernal marathon were anyone still moving is a winner, no matter their strategy. A bug over the hat of a runner is as “fittest” as the runner himself.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

(edited by Ardid.7203)

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

OP has their wish: Quaggons have been completely removed from the game.

Quaggans, on the other hand, have survived, so Darwin would be looking to find out why (not calling for their extinction).

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Ariurotl.3718

Ariurotl.3718

Any species that is currently alive and in good numbers is doing well evolution wise. The “survival of the fittest” is not a competition only a few can win using only one method: is an ethernal marathon were anyone still moving is a winner, no matter their strategy. A bug over the hat of a runner is as “fittest” as the runner himself.

They are, however, an endangered species that used to have no natural predators (and therefore not much in the way of natural defenses) until the krait, themselves displaced by Bubbles the Elder Dragon, snowballed into them and started hunting them. It’s actually a neat little invasive species / ecosystem model that I enjoyed (being a former biology teacher myself).

Posted by: Sir Alric.5078

Sir Alric.5078

Quaggans are funny and cute. Let’s kill the Krait instead. Nobody likes kraits, they are ugly, evil, and annoying as hell.

Posted by: Torzini.1523

Torzini.1523

Foo, shame on OP! I love the quaggans, they’re adorable as hell. As a relevant note, they are capable of defending themselves (read: their “rageface” mode where they become all monstrous and toothy), but it’s considered embarrassing in their culture to let themselves slip into it. I recall one quaggan like this in the Pact who tells you that he doesn’t care about that taboo, he just wants to help the quaggans defend their home. And in a few heart quests, you can help train quaggans so they go into ragemode.

If more of the quaggans adopted that mindset, I wager they would do much better against the krait. But as said, it’s kind of a cultural taboo.

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

Quaggans are funny and cute. Let’s kill the Krait instead. Nobody likes kraits, they are ugly, evil, and annoying as hell.

Actually, I like krait. They kill Quaggans. Quaggans are like a race of fat Jar-Jar Binks’, but even worse.

Posted by: Embered.5089

Embered.5089

Quaggans consider their babies to be “treasure” and keep them in deep camoflauged, protected caves. That and their ability to rage makes me think that they’re a capable species.

Posted by: Ishtar.6457

Ishtar.6457

This warning applied to both parties, the quaggan lovers and their haters… ahem .. Don’t let their looks fool you and deff don’t kitten them off, they can rage like they are possessed by some mystical myth dragon “cough .. steve” if you keep taunting them ~wink wink nudge nudge ;>

Posted by: Azaellia.1237

Azaellia.1237

Foo. Quaggan doesn’t like you.
If they kill all the quaggans, I’m starting a revolution. They can do nothing? What about “angry quaggan mode”? What about my little adorable Shashoo being a commander and fighting in DS? They can take care of themselves, and if they can’t for a while, I’m always there to protect them.
Don’t threaten quaggans. Foo and boo. Quaggan will foo up your day for it.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Feed them to the Thing That Should Not Be.
Then start on the Asura.

Well, I don’t want no Short People
Don’t want no Short People
Don’t want no Short People
`Round here.

Posted by: Zephic.3075

Zephic.3075

Quaggan is mad. Quaggan don’t like you. Quaggan RAGE!!!

In all seriousness and to offer a counterpoint example, Shashoo is an incredibly capable quaggan in the story and she takes command of a Pact group during the events on Verdant Brink and leads one of the island defenses during the Mouth of Mordremoth fight. If that isn’t doing something, I don’t know what is.

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

What? No! Let’s start a new guild instead! We’ll call it We Happy Foo! Heh, just kidding. The name will be Quaggan’s Watch, of course. Hoo!

The table is a fable.

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Do we have any evidence life evolves on Tyria? Did the mursaat and seers evolve, or was that just player speculation?

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

Calm quaggans are annoying pieces of skritt (see what I did there) but when it comes to survivability as a species, they have this weird tantrum ability

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Well, Darwin’s thing of “survival of the fittest” actually indicates more than just adaptability. The “fittest” as described is who can give the most groin-kerpow and make mucho niños.

So out of the quaggans that are alive, just assume they’re really good in the sack. Or pond. Or wherever quaggans do it.

M: Oo. Oo. Oo. OooOo~
F: OooOo, Oooyeah, Ooyeah, ooo, OOOOOO~

….I may be a little tired and off my meds. :P

One of the best posts I’ve ever seen on these forums.
+1 good sir, and hopefully many more to come.

For real, though, survival of the fittest just means it can stay alive somehow as a species.

Many see them as cute and defenseless, and thus protect them from threats. All they need to do is pretty much reproduce.

No different than your small dogs of today, really. The breeds are wholly dependent on humans to stay alive, but they do, because they’ve adapted to be cute, cuddly, and loyal friends, with all their shortcomings handled by more capable species.

This is known in biology as symbiosis.

I mean, hell, we’d all be dead without the small bacteria that live in our bum-holes that eat away leftover dung, because our own poop would infect us and kill us without it. The bacteria isn’t exactly amazing on its own, though, and wouldn’t survive in nature.

(edited by DeceiverX.8361)

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

they’ve adapted to be cute, cuddly, and loyal friends, with all their shortcomings handled by more capable species.

No they have NOT. They’ve been bred by humans to be worthless as anything other than human toys. They did not do this as a survival mechanism.

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

I should have been more clear in referencing that Quaggans are what have adapted – they’ve also even culturally surrendered their rage to be more cute and cuddly. That happens for a reason.

For small dogs, we have a symbiotic relationship with them, and as mentioned above, we’re also the gatekeeper. A guy with an ADORABLE puppy is probably going to likely get more conversation with passing ladies talking to him about is puppy than a guy with an angry-looking rottweiler. Or how people who give massive amounts of money to charity are seen in better light by the public, and thus may become more popular and likable. You know where it goes from here. Or perhaps it’s a therapy dog, or one for epilepsy… or a plethora of other reasons. All of them help with the preservation of someone’s suitability to reproduce, one way or another.

It’s not an obvious symbiotic relationship, but it is there.

Posted by: maxwelgm.4315

maxwelgm.4315

People have stopped playing dungeons, but if you took a peek inside the Honor of the Waves dungeon you’d come across some nasty Icebrood Quaggans that will make you think again about them being weak or cute…

Posted by: Zedek.8932

Zedek.8932

Feed them to the Thing That Should Not Be.
Then start on the Asura.

Hah! Try it, Bookah!
(/threaten @)

Quaggans are fine in this matter. To me it feels there is much potential of surviving and defense in their genes than they’re showing. Not sure how far they need to be pushed though. And I am not talking about the Pirinha-faces there…^^

Zedexx, sly Asura Thief/Assassin
and politically highly incorrect. (#Asuracist)
“We [Asura] are the concentrated magnificence!”

Posted by: Vyrulisse.1246

Vyrulisse.1246

You leave the Quaggans alone! They are adorable

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

People have stopped playing dungeons, but if you took a peek inside the Honor of the Waves dungeon you’d come across some nasty Icebrood Quaggans that will make you think again about them being weak or cute…

Those are corruptions and share some of the dragon’s power; they aren’t quaggans any more.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Torzini.1523

Torzini.1523

Those are corruptions and share some of the dragon’s power; they aren’t quaggans any more.

Icebrood quaggans don’t look much different from normal ragemode quaggans. In fact, they look pretty much the same, just icier.