Kimmes the Historian, Disabled, Skin Unlocks

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Dakart.9468

Dakart.9468

Hello,

After a couple years way from the game, I recently came back. I’ve been working through the multitude of changes and one thing that’s really annoying me is being unable to access my HoM skins that I spent hundreds of hours working towards in GW1…

Has there been any ETA given on when Kimmes’ ‘show me my legacy’ option will be re-enabled?

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Sorry you’ve been gone for so long, but you need to understand, this problem affects a tiny tiny percentage of people.

For example, I have 50/50 in my hall of monuments and since all those skins have been in my wardrobe for over a year, I never have to go to the hall of monuments again.

There’s no eta on it, and there’s almost never an ETA on anything else either. Sorry it sucks so much for you though.

Posted by: BillFreist

BillFreist

Gameplay Programmer

Last I checked, the fix was being tested against everyone’s account that was affected by the issue. The fix isn’t something that we can rush out in a hotfix, it’s really complicated and really risky. Sorry about the inconvenience.

-Bill

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Thanks for the update Bill!

Posted by: Rose Solane.1027

Rose Solane.1027

Thanks Bill. The good thing is that you are working on a fix. A lot of players seem to think that you don’t. Probably because in a previous response it was said that this issue was really complicated. A lot of players assumed you did not have the resources to work on a fix as you are working on HoT. Just a few minutes ago I read a comment saying this on Reddit. Good to know that isn’t true and you are working on it.

Piken Square, The descendants of Gwen

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

People think that anet is not working on things because of how they simply don’t work on a lot of things that they claim to be working on. But i guess this is too major to be not fixed. Yay.

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

The only worrying fact is that since it’s risky and complicated we can’t expect this to be fixed anytime soon.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: Conski Deshan.2057

Conski Deshan.2057

Still better that they take their time with it, the process is going to delete skins from a lot of accounts, If they rush it and mess up people could lose their entire wardrobes and figuring out what unlocks people had short of a rollback would be a nightmare.

[RoF] and [BL] guild leader
11x level 80’s 80+ Titles 2600+ skins , still a long way to go.

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

Still better that they take their time with it, the process is going to delete skins from a lot of accounts, If they rush it and mess up people could lose their entire wardrobes and figuring out what unlocks people had short of a rollback would be a nightmare.

Yeah, that’s true.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: Cyvil.1605

Cyvil.1605

…the fix was being tested against everyone’s account …
-Bill

For me, this is very encouraging. They are not just working on a fix, they have a fix that is being tested. If testing in mass, they should be very close to a resolution.

Posted by: bain of man.6857

bain of man.6857

umm no, it’s not, the HoM was down when the bug happened to begin with, why i dont know, but those that got gwamm never got any skins.

Posted by: Conski Deshan.2057

Conski Deshan.2057

umm no, it’s not, the HoM was down when the bug happened to begin with, why i dont know, but those that got gwamm never got any skins.

I was under the impression that a few had managed to get in, either way, the same applies for deleting titles/achievement, if they mess up it could wipe other titles /achievements. So care must be taken.

[RoF] and [BL] guild leader
11x level 80’s 80+ Titles 2600+ skins , still a long way to go.

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

…the fix was being tested against everyone’s account …
-Bill

For me, this is very encouraging. They are not just working on a fix, they have a fix that is being tested. If testing in mass, they should be very close to a resolution.

They have said they have a fix. QA Lead stated a fix was on the way and would be relatively soon ‘to much fanfare’, Gaile just recently said that they were researching every aspect of the fix (to which some seemed to think that meant they were researching how to fix…). Bill just went into a specific that many people didn’t get. And soon you are going to have other people complaining about what he said -_-

People think that anet is not working on things because of how they simply don’t work on a lot of things that they claim to be working on. But i guess this is too major to be not fixed. Yay.

Just because people don’t see that they are working on something doesn’t mean they aren’t working on it. There are a lot of reasons why something that is being worked on wouldn’t see the light of day for at least a long time, doesn’t mean they weren’t working on it, just means those things weren’t released or weren’t released quickly.

(edited by Lunacy Solacio.6514)

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

I am quite certain that HoM was TAKEN DOWN when the bug happened in order to stop people from getting the items.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Amelia Brigita.3940

Amelia Brigita.3940

Question out of curiosity…I recently wanted to try the Gnarled Walking Staff, which I had used very briefly within the first few months of GW2 launch, but had not used in a very very long time. I assumed it would be unlocked in my wardrobe, but it’s not. Why would this be? I have the heritage and assorted armor pieces and other bits, but not this staff?

Amelia Syleste / Amelia Robles / Abra Cadavher
Moderator – /r/guildwarsdyejob
Get your fashion fix.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Unless you had the staff in on your character (or account-bound in the inventory) it would not unlock. It only unlocked account-bounds stuff you had at that point, not stuff you had in the past.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

I am quite certain that HoM was TAKEN DOWN when the bug happened in order to stop people from getting the items.

Actually both right. HoM was bugged in the same release that caused the issues (going to HoM would cause a crash). They quickly disabled the stone while looking into what was causing it to crash, about the same time learned of the other issue. They later disabled the merchant and re-enabled the stone.

Posted by: Passareca.8062

Passareca.8062

Hm I just went to gw1 tryed to get heritage armor(I did the beta test for the credits and I have 11) and the npc doesnt present the line for me to buy it.
Is it still bugged?

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

Please dont bump a topic so old. Heritage Armor you buy at the HoM in GW2. You should have a HoM portal stone in your inventory. Use it. If you dont have one, you’ll have to go talk to an npc to get another one. Cant remember the npc though. A wiki search will tell you.