King Size Candy Corn Node

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Felahr.9830

Felahr.9830

How many strikes do you get on it compared to the 3 on the regular?

Posted by: SRoode.7318

SRoode.7318

/15 chars…….

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Twice as many. Thus, 20 Candy Corn per day, rather than 10.

Posted by: Roundabout.1752

Roundabout.1752

Wiki says it’s for all players on the account, so visitors don’t get the extra hits?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

They do.

Posted by: Roundabout.1752

Roundabout.1752

Thank you kindly sir

Posted by: Charrbeque.8729

Charrbeque.8729

Twice as many. Thus, 20 Candy Corn per day, rather than 10.

Not exactly. There is no guarantee on how many pieces you get from either node.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Greater_Gift_of_Candy_Corn

This upgrade doubles the output of the candy corn node, giving an additional 6-12 Pieces of Candy Corn per day.

The regular candy corn node gives 6-12 pieces and the upgraded node doubles that. It’s random each day how many pieces you get. The minimum is 12 pieces and the max is 24 when you have the node and upgraded it.

There’s something charming about rangers.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Wiki says it’s for all players on the account, so visitors don’t get the extra hits?

I think it just means the upgrade is not character specific.

So if I buy and use it on my human I can go and mine it on my asura, or any other character on my account, not just the one who unlocked it.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

Hey, thanks for this thread. I had not noticed that the node being sold was an upgrade to the one I bought last year so I had ignored it.
Now I have twice as much to harvest each day. It may even pay for itself eventually hehe.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Hey, thanks for this thread. I had not noticed that the node being sold was an upgrade to the one I bought last year so I had ignored it.
Now I have twice as much to harvest each day. It may even pay for itself eventually hehe.

6000 candy corn in cost. You get roughly 6 per day. So it’ll pay for itself in 34 months. So.. sometime into the third expansion. XD

It might’ve been useful if I didn’t already have the Auric, Quartz, Bloodstone, and Sprocket nodes. I can get my Daily Miner with ease already, so extra candy isn’t so useful for the price.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

DoctorDing.5890

6000 candy corn in cost. You get roughly 6 per day. So it’ll pay for itself in 34 months. So.. sometime into the third expansion. XD

Yeah, the numbers are not quite as bad as you say but it’s not really about profits. I just like having loads of nodes in my home instance and it pleases me to harvest seasonal stuff out of season (you should see my stash of Wintersday gifts). It costs 5000 corn and yields between 6 and 12 extra per day compared with the standard node (so between 12 and 24 in total). The numbers make more sense if you pair up with someone to harvest them but it’s still a long payback.

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

I don’t care about the payback, I just want a complete home instance with all the cats. I’m only 4 nodes away from that.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: decoy.9037

decoy.9037

I don’t care about the payback, I just want a complete home instance with all the cats. I’m only 4 nodes away from that.

How do mining nodes relate to cats at home? And what do these cats get you? Sorry, I’m new(ish) to the game

Endless Soul.5178

How do mining nodes relate to cats at home? And what do these cats get you? Sorry, I’m new(ish) to the game

You can fill your Home Instance with mining nodes. You can also fill your home with cats by finding various Hungry Cats and feeding them various items. The cats don’t really get you anything (yet) other than making your home feel more alive.

I have all the cats, and I’m very close to having all the nodes in my home.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

What nodes are you missing?

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

DoctorDing.5890

This is the thread that just keeps on giving. I didn’t know about the cats either.

Anything else you folks want to teach me about the game I’ve been playing for the last year or so?

Endless Soul.5178

The three new ones (Iron, Flax, Hardwood) and the snow truffle.

NOTE: I’m totally not including the Enchanted Treasure Chest as I’m not sure I’ll ever get that one within my lifetime.

| Claara

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

The three new ones (Iron, Flax, Hardwood) and the snow truffle.

NOTE: I’m totally not including the Enchanted Treasure Chest as I’m not sure I’ll ever get that one within my lifetime.

I am missing the flax node only and I too do not count the treasure chest. I will probably never see it either. I bought a second account when they were 50% off and my very first key I got at lvl 10 in the personal story provided my iron node. I sent it to my main account of course.

I am like you. I want my instance complete. I haven’t gotten the cats yet, but that is my next mission.

I am really hoping they develop our home instances even further. I enjoy going there as it is a place in the game I have some part in developing.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

This is the thread that just keeps on giving. I didn’t know about the cats either.

http://dulfy.net/2016/08/24/gw2-hungry-cats-feeding-guide/ Shortcut for ya.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

DoctorDing.5890

http://dulfy.net/2016/08/24/gw2-hungry-cats-feeding-guide/ Shortcut for ya.

Thanks. By the time I read this reply last night I’d already found the Dulfy guide and fed most of the cats. I’m only missing the non-Ele prof specific ones and the Dry Top one that needs the Geode recipe (I’m saving up Geodes for Amber recipes).

I just didn’t know that feeding cats was a thing so I didn’t know to look for more info.

I hope one of those NPCs is going to deal with all the litter trays…