Koda's Blessing Achievement Aura

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Susanoo.2586

Susanoo.2586

So I just completed the Koda’s Blessing Achievement for the Aura and I have to say it’s rather underwhelming. Firstly it costs about 500-550g to complete – So you would expect something along the lines of a Ghostly infusion seeing as you could buy 2 Ghostly infusions for that price.

Now this Aura was obviously designed with the lighting of the new Map in mind because as soon as it is brought into another map, say Lion’s Arch, it becomes barely visible, Not to mention the fact that it barely shows up on Norn and Charr characters due to the size of it.

People after Auras are in most cases looking for something obnoxious or flashy to show off, I think this item should be amped up abit.

Posted by: Tanner Blackfeather.6509

Tanner Blackfeather.6509

Maybe a stupid question, but does the enrichment give anything more than the visual aura and +15% karma? The text first made me think it gave a permanent Warmth effect (the one from the beacons, not the elixir one).

Posted by: Hank.4839

Hank.4839

@op – Try it with the black undulating refractor on. It really stands out. Though I’m a Human so no idea how it looks on the other races.

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Is the aura, as expected, a knot of fire centered in the middle of the chest? Like occurs around the beacons?

If it really is subdued in southern maps I might be willing to go for it after all on my new character. She’d look good with just a little fire inside her.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Hank.4839

Is the aura, as expected, a knot of fire centered in the middle of the chest? Like occurs around the beacons?

If it really is subdued in southern maps I might be willing to go for it after all on my new character. She’d look good with just a little fire inside her.

Yes, it is.

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

Thanks for the warning. No point in going for a visual perk that’s super-expensive AND hardly visible.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

Adding my agreement here in regards to the disappointment regarding the aura on Charr; I am dismayed to find out the aura is basically hidden in the chest and is barely visible on my Charr.

Could ANet consider adjusting it to be either bigger or move it forward a bit for Charr/Norn?

It’s a neat aura for a flame theme, hate it see it go to waste like this.

Posted by: shadowslayer.7054

shadowslayer.7054

YES!!! Anet please make the aura much more obvious or same as the buff that you get for standing next to a brazier, i feel so cheated working so much and paying so much for it ending up with one that is barely visible :<<<<

Hank.4839

+1 for this. And also, please fix the glitch that I mentioned in my thread here -

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Koda-s-Warmth-Aura-Glitch/first#post6413096

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

Maybe a stupid question, but does the enrichment give anything more than the visual aura and +15% karma? The text first made me think it gave a permanent Warmth effect (the one from the beacons, not the elixir one).

I was wondering the same thing. Does it make the Elixir redundant?

Posted by: Tanner Blackfeather.6509

Tanner Blackfeather.6509

I was wondering the same thing. Does it make the Elixir redundant?

I don’t see anything in the item text that suggests the elixir could be redundant. The elixir doesn’t have anything to do with the Kodan.
If I understand correctly, the aura shares its look with the Warmth buff given by the Kodan fires around the map.

Posted by: Vincent.7452

Vincent.7452

Yes, it is.

If I understand correctly, the aura shares its look with the Warmth buff given by the Kodan fires around the map.

It’s similar but it isn’t quite the exact same thing. The aura is weaker and less visible than the buff. Here’s a comparison: http://imgur.com/a/4sy2a
Top one is the buff and bottom one is the aura. It’s not as obvious on a screenshot but it should give you an idea.

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

I don’t see anything in the item text that suggests the elixir could be redundant. The elixir doesn’t have anything to do with the Kodan.

Oops, my bad — I obviously confused things here. (hangs head in shame)

Hank.4839

Yeah, the buff given in BF is way more obvious than the one given by the trinket. They love to change things up, don’t they?