Kodans as playable race.

Kodans as playable race.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: TokyoGhost.6492

TokyoGhost.6492

Hello there arenanet!

I was thinking, why not make Kodans as future playable race? They are quite cool and they look kitten!

What do you guys think?

I made so much mistakes that I now make mistakes without mistake.

Kodans as playable race.

Posted by: Pleurodesed.7625

Pleurodesed.7625

I’ll tell you what came to my mind.

A different-than-white kodan with two of those blazing daggers, green gaudy armor and holographic wings.

Reurgh…

Kodans as playable race.

Posted by: SonOfJacob.7396

SonOfJacob.7396

People have posted this before. They’ve also asked for Tengu and Quaggans. Frankly, I think the Tengu have the best shot.

(edited by SonOfJacob.7396)

Kodans as playable race.

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

Kodan would be cool, but what about the Largos? They tend to be underwater mostly, but there isn’t any reason they couldn’t be on land. If I remember the personal story right, they DO come out on land.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Kodans as playable race.

Posted by: CMstorm.8679

CMstorm.8679

How about a Squirrel race eh? Squirrels would be the best race in GW2 ever.

Kodans as playable race.

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

Skritt! I’m hit!

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

Kodans as playable race.

Posted by: Oliver.4017

Oliver.4017

Kodan would be bad for playable race because of the lack of customization. I’m not saying it wouldn’t be cool to play a Kodan, but it’s highly unlikely.

Kodans are all polar bears. Have any of you seen a non-white kodan? I haven’t and they all come from the north. Quaggan are also unlikely since they are one of the races that you have to save/work with and in that, skritt, hylek, and grawl are also removed from possible playable races. Tengu and Largos are THE most likely for playable races, and Tengu even more so since they already have a city.

Largos would be nice to play since it would be the first underwater city and underwater combat and mechanics are underused. Those are my 5 cents.

Kodans as playable race.

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Largos would be nice to play since it would be the first underwater city and underwater combat and mechanics are underused. Those are my 5 cents.

Given that they’ve removed underwater combat from SPvP, I don’t think we’ll be seeing much of anything to do with underwater combat for a long time.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Kodans as playable race.

Posted by: Lil Puppy.5216

Lil Puppy.5216

With skills like “Talk down your opponent” and “Peaceful Negotiation”. Perhaps shouts like “Talk softly and carry a big stick”.

While Kodan do carry weapons, it seems to only be a defensive stance as their very nature is non-combat. They would be akin to healing and protection monks in gw1.

Kodans as playable race.

Oliver.4017

Given that they’ve removed underwater combat from SPvP, I don’t think we’ll be seeing much of anything to do with underwater combat for a long time.

As you said, it was only taken from sPvP, and if they add Largos in a new expansion, then there would be some serious updates to how underwater combat works. Imho, I feel underwater combat takes a lot of skill, and is an overlooked aspect of the game. Not to mention it is far more difficult imo. But I see why you would believe that, and I’m not saying you are wrong, I’m just saying I hope that you are XD

Kodans as playable race.

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

Kodans are all polar bears. Have any of you seen a non-white kodan? I haven’t and they all come from the north.

Yeah, because everybody knows GW2 has a very strict lore…

I’m sure if they wanted Kodan as a playable race they could come up with some reason to make them more than just all white.

I personally would love to play Kodan.

Attachments:

Kodans as playable race.

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

With skills like “Talk down your opponent” and “Peaceful Negotiation”. Perhaps shouts like “Talk softly and carry a big stick”.

While Kodan do carry weapons, it seems to only be a defensive stance as their very nature is non-combat. They would be akin to healing and protection monks in gw1.

From the wiki: “However, for races that are openly hostile, such as the dredge, the kodan will make their judgement quickly and violently.”

They are not a peaceful race. They put balance above everything. If they need to fight, they will do it. You can see them fight in Frostgorge all the time.

Kodans as playable race.

Oliver.4017

Kodans are all polar bears. Have any of you seen a non-white kodan? I haven’t and they all come from the north.

Yeah, because everybody knows GW2 has a very strict lore…

I’m sure if they wanted Kodan as a playable race they could come up with some reason to make them more than just all white.

I personally would love to play Kodan.

I would agree with you, except they have already said in the official gw2 wiki “The kodan are a race of intelligent polar bear-like beings from the distant northern lands and seas. They are a highly spiritual race that for centuries has lived in cities built upon, and carved into, icebergs in the arctic seas known as Sanctuaries.”

And gw is very lore based so I am confused by your (I think) sarcastic remark. If you weren’t sarcastic, perfect, I’m with you. They follow lore pretty dang close. And I’m sure if they WANTED to make them playable by all rights they can, but I don’t think they would be that great. Kodans are polar bears. It would make zero to no sense to see other colored polar bears. And I already said, I am all for playing Kodan, they are awesome, but Tengu and Largos are far more likely.

Kodans as playable race.

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

Ever since I had Talon Silverwing in GW1 as a hero, I’ve wanted to play tengu. Then again, having Pyre I also wanted a Charr.

I suppose with Kodan, Anet could create a race specific line who can exclusively use certain two handed weapons so maybe we could have polearms and spears as weapons. As far as I’ve seen (though my memory could have failed me) I’ve not seen a Kodan bearing a shield, except for the one that pops up with Aegis. Imagine playing Kodan and having access to two handed axes, halberds, bills, pikes, spears, staffs as melee weapons. Of course that begs the question as to why Norn don’t have access to those. I can understand Charr not having them, since their physique really doesn’t lend itself well to those swings. I’ve always felt that Charrs carrying hamemrs looked a bit odd.

Kodans as playable race.

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

Kodan remind me of panda’s, just saying…..

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Kodans as playable race.

Posted by: Nightingale.9714

Nightingale.9714

I would love to see ANY new playable race. Especially Kodan, Largos or Tengu.

I also think it’ll never happen. They havent even gotten back to player housing since they mentioned it in pre-release. I dont have much hope here, especially since they said there arent any planned expansions at the moment.

Kodans as playable race.

Posted by: Shakkara.2641

Shakkara.2641

I rather have content that changes how the game plays (new skills, customizable weapon skills, 3rd heavy armor class, etc) than something that costs a lot of work and just gives some new looks. I think a new race is way too much work because they need to make whole new starting area, new story, etc. I would rather have those devs work on new end-game areas and content that everyone can enjoy (For example Cantha and a Kurzick vs Luxon or more quests and story for the three Orders)

Kodans as playable race.

Posted by: Nightingale.9714

Nightingale.9714

I rather have content that changes how the game plays (new skills, customizable weapon skills, 3rd heavy armor class, etc) than something that costs a lot of work and just gives some new looks. I think a new race is way too much work because they need to make whole new starting area, new story, etc. I would rather have those devs work on new end-game areas and content that everyone can enjoy (For example Cantha and a Kurzick vs Luxon or more quests and story for the three Orders)

I want both :o

Kodans as playable race.

Posted by: nGumball.1283

nGumball.1283

Quaggans quaggans <3

Kodans as playable race.

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

The most probable playable race to come will be Tengu simply because they require less armor artwork to be done since they use the some model as the Charr only with a different head, feet and hands but the body/legs are the same and so the armor models can be ported over.

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

Kodans as playable race.

Posted by: MotherKitten.6795

MotherKitten.6795

Hello there arenanet!

I was thinking, why not make Kodans as future playable race? They are quite cool and they look kitten!

What do you guys think?

I’m trying to figure out what kitten was in the original.

The Goderators have ruined this forum for me.

Kodans as playable race.

Posted by: Bragdras.9572

Bragdras.9572

I think kodans are more likely to become an hostile race rather than a playable one, considering their superiority complex and all.