KongZhong means more to ArenaNet

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Blackjacks.9856

Blackjacks.9856

Interesting read, I think we should all consider it.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/2g003k/ladies_and_gentlemen_of_tyria_i_think_its_high/

“TL;DR: Trading Post and miniatures aside, most of these changes are rotten fetid kitten, I think it’s obvious why they were made, and I don’t expect that any of it has to do with making the Western playerbase any happier. I may finally after 2 years be done with this game. If I want Asian handholding cashgrab grindfests I’ll go back to playing Aion, at least there’s no pretending at being something better than what they are there.”

Posted by: pessimist.7294

pessimist.7294

Anet always claimed that they are better than companies like EA. But in the end they are the same wolf just under a different coat. They already have our money and if they think that the asian market is getting them more money they will simply abandon us.
After all nothing really new.

Posted by: MVP.7961

MVP.7961

They need to understand we have different MMO culture than china.
Just look at Blizzard they didn’t copy what they give to china to their Western players because they understand they don’t have the same culture, just how hard is that to understand?? : /

Posted by: Vlad Morbius.1759

Vlad Morbius.1759

They need to understand we have different MMO culture than china.
Just look at Blizzard they didn’t copy what they give to china to their Western players because they understand they don’t have the same culture, just how hard is that to understand?? : /

Whoa, whoa….I would not be too fast to ever use that as an example, everyone knows that their Pandora expansion was geared towards an Asian theme so that statement holds no water. I and many others left because of that ridiculous expansion and the destruction of the lore it caused so they are in no way the right example to use here.

Vini, Vidi, Vici, Viridis…I came, I saw, I conquered…I got a green??

Posted by: Blackjacks.9856

Blackjacks.9856

It’s so bad right now, it’s almost hard to believe any company can be so utterly inept.

MVP.7961

This have nothing to do with Asian. The ‘panda bear’ for Blizzard were in the game as a race WAY before they deiced to make MoP, they even wanted to give them to the alliance as their new playable race in BC before they change it to draenei.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Whoa, whoa….I would not be too fast to ever use that as an example, everyone knows that their Pandora expansion was geared towards an Asian theme so that statement holds no water. I and many others left because of that ridiculous expansion and the destruction of the lore it caused so they are in no way the right example to use here.

/facepalm

Pandaren have been in Warcraft lore since 2002.
Granted, the back half of that expansion was kinda meh. It was beyond meh if you were Horde. -_-#
The reason why China got a separate release was because there were certain things that required censoring (exposed bones, dead pandas) before it could be allowed.

I don’t know what would be a proper comparison, since I haven’t seen details of the China release anyway. So eh. =P

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

Bandwagon, bandwagon everywhere. I can’t wait to see what the ludicrous outrage is next month.

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

MVP.7961

Here the link Rauderi enjoy but it still don’t show all the changes :p
http://chinagame.178.com/201008/75942001505.html

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Here the link Rauderi enjoy but it still don’t show all the changes :p
http://chinagame.178.com/201008/75942001505.html

I meant from the GW2 Chinese client, but.. thanks for the link.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632