Koutalophile

Koutalophile

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Wraithxiv.3618

Wraithxiv.3618

Is the Siege Commander’s Spoon a one time drop?

If so, is it possible to get this spoon before getting the Collectible Spoon Box?
I’m worried I may have gotten this spoon and destroyed it from Inventory before I started the collection.

This is the last spoon I need and it feels like the WvW NPC’s are never going to drop it.

Koutalophile

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

1. Yes, it’s a one time drop. Any future spoons obtained as drops from Fractals, Tequatl, or WvW will be Broken Spoons.
2. No, it’s not possible to get it as a drop before unlocking the collection.

RNG is RNG. The Siege Commander’s Spoon was the last spoon I needed, and it took forever to get it.

Koutalophile

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

The very first game collection, and I still haven’t finished it due to Siege Commander. Of course, I’ve also barely touched WvW other than one futile attempt to go kill some PvE things there reputed to drop the spoon that got too tedious after about 40 minutes.

After a guildie spent months, maybe over a year, of constantly doing fractals and never getting the fractal spoon while we linked our 2 or 3 gained per run just to tease her, I dread the thought of some similar RNG nightmare trying for Siege Commander with the added bonus of the stress of wondering when some other players are going to show up to murder me. Still haven’t even tried for Catmander tag, I’m so not interested in PvP with strangers.

Koutalophile

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

Funny story: I had the WvW spoon drop for my alt accounts, with them barely spending any time there, long before it dropped for my main account. Of course, I could care less about them for the alt accounts.

It dropped eventually, so don’t give up.

[edit] Wait. Is that funny or sad?

Koutalophile

Posted by: Wraithxiv.3618

Wraithxiv.3618

Thanks for the replies.
The RNG isn’t an issue for me, just wanted to make sure I hadn’t fubared the achievement.

@ DeanBB, If that had happened to me, I would have laughed until I cried at the irony, lol.

Koutalophile

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Thanks for the replies.
The RNG isn’t an issue for me, just wanted to make sure I hadn’t fubared the achievement.

You haven’t. The trigger for changing the siege commander’s spoon into broken spoon in drop tables is unlocking it in the collection. Even if it could drop before getting the collection (which, afaik, it can’t), it wouldn’t matter.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Koutalophile

Posted by: WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

it would be nice if anet made this more easy to get like the spoon from the Laurel vendor or the hearts vendor . like we do all the other stuff from these collections

no new system upgrades coming

Koutalophile

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

My first spoon ever. It used to drop like heck in WvW, could get 2-5 a day, loved it. Sold for 10s, was the best/most reliable income we had in WvW for about a year.

I didn’t even know there was something called a “collection” back then, and when I realized, I noticed that i had exactly 1 spoon there, this one. They might have changed the drop rate later when they changed to the broken spoons.

But don’t get me started on that ********** kittening fractal spoon…

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

Koutalophile

Posted by: Rasimir.6239

Rasimir.6239

There’s always one collection piece that is the last one missing and seems to take forever to get. On my 2nd account all I’m missing for this collection is actually the Tequatl one, as I don’t enjoy world bosses at all and really only do them if I happen upon one by accident. Maybe in a couple of years, when I have nothing else to do, I’ll go try to grab that spoon .

Koutalophile

Posted by: JohnnyJHB.7360

JohnnyJHB.7360

Don’t get me started. I have gone from level 0 to 46 in Wvw zerging commanders just to get this spoon. Nothing. I raised a ticket, fearing that I may have deleted it previously or something, but no, Anet confirmed it is just bad rng on my part. I have killed hundreds and hundreds of NPCs and commanders in wvw. And I hate wvw. This collection is from the devil as far as I am concerned. Have spent more time on this than most players would on a legendary weapon. And still nothing. My spirit is broken.