Kudos on the new music tracks

in Audio

Posted by: alwinp.2791

alwinp.2791

No idea when they got added, I don’t play that much with sound enabled.
I heard some new songs in Dry Top, I really like them.

Kudos to adding some new music for a change

in Audio

Posted by: Uhaen.9876

Uhaen.9876

There was a whole update on it:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/video-the-living-soundtrack/

I’d actually turned my own sound on. The score fit unbelievably well with the scenery to complete immersion.

in Audio

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

They’ve added the tracks to their soundcloud

https://soundcloud.com/arenanet/sets/guild-wars-2-season-2-ep-1

in Audio

Posted by: dkspins.4670

dkspins.4670

The music is the best thing the new LS has going for it!

7k hr, 13k AP, 16 char, all classes 80 Sadly, 3.5k hr. Ranger

in Audio

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Aww, the new tracks can’t be downloaded. Will that be changed soon?

in Audio

Posted by: Mega Messiah.1734

Mega Messiah.1734

http://www.sounddrain.com/

Put the Soundcloud URL there and, if it takes you to a black screen with a player, right click to Save As and put it in whatever folder you will.

Nice way of getting the musikittenil they, presumably, add a download link.

“73 + 22 = 100!” – Nexus

in Audio

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

The new soundtrack is indeed fantastic. I loved logging in to Dry Top after the patch and letting the music keep going as I went back to Lion’s Arch. It gave me flashbacks to FF XII’s wonderful desert roaming soundtrack.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

in Audio

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

new soundtrack? weird i didn’t hear any

in Audio

Posted by: La Goanna.8142

La Goanna.8142

I agree. The new music is excellent and does a great job of capturing the feel of being in a wide, harsh but majestic open landscape – yet also a sense of eerie, foreboding tension as if you’re really not supposed to be there.
They really nailed the atmosphere with these tracks. “The Fall of The Zephyrites” has been stuck in my head for a while now; meanwhile I found most of Jeremy’s Soule’s music for the vanilla soundtrack to be rather forgettable and even irritating over long periods of play time.

I don’t think I’ll be muting the music volume any time soon if the tracks for future Living Story installments installments continue to be on par with what we’ve heard in this new zone.

(edited by La Goanna.8142)

in Audio

Posted by: RoyHarmon.5398

RoyHarmon.5398

I certainly hope so. I was writing up a negative review for the “SoundLoader” app (downloads SoundCloud tracks on Android if the artist offers the option) because it was giving me some crap about “the artist has not made this track available to download, sorry!” or some such nonsense. It was clearly a fundamental flaw that rendered the whole program unusably buggy, and I thought, “You know, I’m absolutely, 100% certain that these tracks are available to download, but just so I don’t look like an idiot, I should really double-check on my desktop.” Sure enough, the option isn’t there.

Glad I checked. I don’t know why anyone would want to put them on SoundCloud but not enable downloading, but maybe there’s a reason I haven’t thought of.

Now my only complaint with the app is that there are WAY too many ads… Open the program, BAM! a full-screen advertisement. Open the settings and BAM! another full-screen advertisement. Change a setting, and BAM! another full-screen advertisement.

“It is the stupidest children who are the most childish
and the stupidest grown-ups who are the most grown-up.”
- C. S. Lewis

(edited by RoyHarmon.5398)

in Audio

Zaxares.5419

All past Living Story soundtracks have been made downloadable before. Perhaps Maclaime simply hasn’t gotten around to doing it yet.

in Audio

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

I get angry when the new Drytop theme doesn’t play for me when I log in to WvW. It’s just gorgeous.

in Audio

Posted by: Kyrel.8942

Kyrel.8942

This sounds amazing. Can’t wait to hear this in context in game.

https://soundcloud.com/arenanet/mystery-music

in Audio

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

I also am disappointed that we can’t download them. Hopefully someone can change that I really like the new tracks and would like to listen to them offline.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in Audio

Zaxares.5419

It’s possible that because these tracks were recorded with a live orchestra, they also hold part of the rights to the track and they haven’t given permission for Maclaine to make it publicly downloadable.

In the meantime, that Sounddrain website provides a workaround if you want a copy to listen to without having internet access.

in Audio

Posted by: RoyHarmon.5398

RoyHarmon.5398

It’s possible that because these tracks were recorded with a live orchestra, they also hold part of the rights to the track and they haven’t given permission for Maclaine to make it publicly downloadable.

In the meantime, that Sounddrain website provides a workaround if you want a copy to listen to without having internet access.

Seems to me like the kind of thing that should have been in a contract. But hey, I’m just a guy who wants to download some music, so what do I know?

“It is the stupidest children who are the most childish
and the stupidest grown-ups who are the most grown-up.”
- C. S. Lewis