Kudos to the weapon design teams

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Latinkuro.9420

Latinkuro.9420

Most people, (me included) mostly come to the forums to complain about stuff.

I think it’s about time I (and some others) start complementing a.net
for the awesome weapon skins introduced as of late to the game
1st the dragon jade weapon skins and now
the zenith skins can I say OMG both sets are insanely amazing !

I have actually stopped my legendary quest as of right now !
the reason is simple, the ROI for legendaries is not good (6+ months to get one)
and these new skins show that a.net can and will put out outrageously gorgeous skins from time to time, that do not require me to grind for 6 months in order to get them.

Great job A.net
awesome !

Keep them coming, I will catch them all, (cough) I mean I will collect them all

Posted by: Neve.7134

Neve.7134

Yeah, I never was a Legendary weapon fan, just the Bifrost was the nicer to me but once I saw Zenith staff I was like.. “No honey, no way I’ll spend 1 second of my life farming for that Bifrost” I simply think Zenith Staff >>>> Bifrost and really look better than it on male characters too

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

I was also incredibly impressed by just how good the Zenith weapons look in-game.
Great job Anet

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

I saw the skins, liked them, and proceeded to get sick of it after using it for about an hour.

With that said, they are still pretty snazzy skins.

Posted by: Raire.7983

Raire.7983

Yep, thanks ANet. They are fantastic and I’m looking forward to unlocking more!

Posted by: Torqueblue.1945

Torqueblue.1945

You know what’s really nice about these do-hicky-ma-bobs? The “X-mute stones” are free and infinite. Not to mention I didn’t think they’d have a use, they’re too shiny, BUT my thief loves the Golden Lookin’ Shortbow AND Anet totally saved me the grief of finding a group for the Twilight Arbor Dungeon for the Violet lookin’ shortbow.

PS: Yes I am aware of the LFG website I’m not sorry and I’m glad to ruin your chance of being a “Savior” For the Day.

Scotch and Pills, what could possibly go wrong? – Max Payne

Posted by: Genavelle.9516

Genavelle.9516

Wellllll I’ma still work for my Dreamer..but I do have to say in general the skins in this game are great. Weapons, armor, whatever. Everything has so much detail and there’s so much room for customization and choice. Personally I’m not a big fan of the zenith skins, but whatever it’s all personal choice. Did love those dragon jade skins. Got the longbow cause it looked so awesome and I don’t even use a longbow.

I am a WvW player.
Maguuma Server
Ranger and Necromancer.

Posted by: ProxyDamage.9826

ProxyDamage.9826

I will say this: They have a thankless job. No matter what they do, someone will love it, and someone will hate it. And ANet’s “art” related team is fantastic.

That said, as far as I’m concerned, Dragon Jade weapons sucked dongs for the most part (staff, shield and torch being the exceptions), and the current Zenith weapons are very hit and miss – Bows (both of them) are awesome. Staff is awesome. Greatsword is both good and bad (has it’s place, basically). One handed sword is butt ugly. Hammer is pathetic. Most legendary weapons, with notable exceptions, are so kittening stupid that I wouldn’t wear them if I got them for free, let alone grind for them…

I’m still kitten ed at ANet that the most beautiful sets, particularly the great sword, they’ve ever designed (Sclerite) was delivered in such an atrocious fashion, such as was the Southsun boxes.

That said: “Opinions”.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Thank you ANet. Love the Zenith weapons. The only part I don’t like is having to decide which to get. My Mesmer NEEDS that greatsword but my Ranger has been complaining about his lackluster torch for ages. ;(

Posted by: Genavelle.9516

Genavelle.9516

Thank you ANet. Love the Zenith weapons. The only part I don’t like is having to decide which to get. My Mesmer NEEDS that greatsword but my Ranger has been complaining about his lackluster torch for ages. ;(

Well you get another one like every 2000 points or something.

I am a WvW player.
Maguuma Server
Ranger and Necromancer.

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

yeah aside the ascalonian weapons they are the best skins in game.

That makes the best skins also the easiest to get for once.

Also having a dual wielded weapon with a fractal in one hand and a zenith in the other is awesome.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Well you get another one like every 2000 points or something.

Yah, well I also need the warhorn for my ranger, daggers for my ele, scepter for my Mesmer……

Posted by: Karril Daltaya.4980

Karril Daltaya.4980

I am actually pretty annoyed that I have to choose an armour skin that I dont want at all instead of another weapon which I want more than anything else in this game at 3k. I wish they would just give us the option of choosing armour or a weapon at that point.

Tarnished Coast since Beta, now Banished forever to the Megaservers…

Posted by: Tanef.7284

Tanef.7284

yup. they are amazing.