LA Exterminator + Sharkmaw jump = Rage

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Anomander.9347

Anomander.9347

Question -

As I appear to be incapable of making the jump down the waterfall without dying (having tried this 20-25 times now), and every time I die I have to go back to get the gun, is there any chance Arenanet would be willing to let us keep the gun after a resurrect from other players? It really is maddening having to attempt this over and over and over. I know, I know git gud learn 2 play and all that.

Posted by: Cathbadb.6079

Cathbadb.6079

Did you trait fall damage yet? Also go with a team, include at least one Mesmer. On Sharkmaw, stand between the two middle teeth and slide down. There are walkthru vids on Youtube for SharkMaw Caverns JP and Lion’s Arch Exterminator.

Posted by: joe.7684

joe.7684

I feel your pain. I had to get one of my guild’s mesmers to help with that dreadful jump (I’m not even good at jumping on my main in the first place) and he had to try several times before he could (1) survive and (2) set up a successful portal.

Posted by: Anomander.9347

Anomander.9347

As a warrior, not sure I am seeing a fall damage trait to enable. And I have watched videos and read tips on how to survive the fall. Oh well, guess it’s back to dying and trying it all over again

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

its annoying yes
they removed a rock or something that stopped you from gliding all the way down when you jumped in at the right…

ofc no problem with falldowntrait

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

Posted by: fabd.7026

fabd.7026

Potentially helpful. On my Elementalist with Soldier gear (~2250 Toughness and ~15800 HP with some food) : go in from the left side of the mouth. Jump diagonally to the right side edge of the slope. My character got caught by a spike along the right edge of the fall. She was almost dead. I healed back to 100% HP, and then jumped forward to fall down the rest safely.

Posted by: Mightylink.3816

Mightylink.3816

They changed something this patch, I used to do it every day without fail and now it seems impossible to get in there without mesmer tricks or a revive orb <_<

Mightylink – Norn Necromancer
Mythiclink – Asura Engineer

Posted by: Lil Puppy.5216

Lil Puppy.5216

Use the rocks on the right hand side like a jumping puzzle and use the spikes to catch your fall. I did this on the second run (like the rest of you, I died trying it the old way) and I made it down just fine without traits, health food, etc.

There are way too many spikes and other things in the way to kill you, you have to use the terrain features to your advantage now.

Posted by: telliani.5902

telliani.5902

I did the jump this morning. I went from the low tooth – it’s like a hanging tooth, placed lower than the rest – of the skull after watching a few people jump from the usual spot. And was surprised I made it my first time (usually I just jump after everyone else and they raise me back up again)

Geigi (Queen of the Dredge) – Mesmer
[HOPE] – Hope Remains, Crystal Desert

Posted by: Miss Lana.5276

Miss Lana.5276

Potentially helpful. On my Elementalist with Soldier gear (~2250 Toughness and ~15800 HP with some food) : go in from the left side of the mouth. Jump diagonally to the right side edge of the slope. My character got caught by a spike along the right edge of the fall. She was almost dead. I healed back to 100% HP, and then jumped forward to fall down the rest safely.

Shouldn’t have to change gear for a jumping puzzle. Traits, possibly, but no way should you have to get a complete new set of gear for it!

48 Characters|Necro|Raider|Fractaller|PvPer|Singer
So long Treeface.
“…Kormir? I know not of whom you speak.”

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

Trait fall damage and fall on the right side.

It is possible to do without changing trait, but you need to know where to fall, you do not go all the way done all at once but kinda jump across to the the sticking out rocks.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

(edited by Aedelric.1287)

Posted by: Jephiroth.3197

Jephiroth.3197

You shouldn’t have to change gear at all, just select the fall damage trait and slide down the right side. You’ll get caught on the stalagtites on the way down and end up with about 10% HP. You’ll autoheal back to 100% and you can jump in the middle and slide into the pool of water at the bottom.

Traumahawk: WvW Shout/Seed Sinister Druid
Ashen Mistwalker: WvW Tank/Crit Revenant
Oaken Earthlore: WvW Medi/Bunker Guardian

Posted by: Koomaster.9176

Koomaster.9176

So they did change the puzzle? I thought I was kitten ing, first time trying to go down the gullet, died. I was like, ‘I know it has been a few weeks since I last did this one, but surely I didn’t forget where to fall.’ Second time down I kept hitting rocks and stopping and eventually made it down. I was like, whatever guess I’m rusty, heh.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

That’s not the Karka JP I’m raging over. I think I finally regained feeling in my right hand after last nights fun at Urmaug’s Secret.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Woljnir.7810

Woljnir.7810

I also fell victim to this. I died like 8 times in a row before I got it. I honestly wondered WTF is going on, then someone pointed out they must have added a rock in there. I think I died maybe once on that slide in 2.5 years, and that was a total fluke at that.

Posted by: Nate.3927

Nate.3927

fall damage is a percentage of health i believe, so changing gears does nothing. Just put on the fall damage trait and you’re good to go

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

There is a small rock shortly after you start your glide, aim for that. After that, keep right, you’ll crash again against some spikes, but not hard enough to die. And then you’ll be able to slide down without any problems. It took me a few tries to find the spots again, but once you’ve found it, it’s really handy to remember :p