LA's background music should be changed

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Dawnbreaker.6215

Dawnbreaker.6215

It’s been out for a year now, it’s no longer news, I can’t see why we still need to view the cutscene everytime or why it still has that horrible obnoxious fanfare theme that sounds like it could be a 70’s Superman movie theme.

Keep to your Jeremy Soule style music Anet, it’s great the way it used to be, trying to copy John Williams is an embarassement.

Posted by: Naus the Gobbo.5172

Naus the Gobbo.5172

Or you could accept their new style of music, and simply turn off your sound if you don’t like it.

Jeremy Soule doesn’t work with ArenaNet anymore, so they can only reuse the music that was made many years ago now.

I can’t remember the name of the new composer, but he has done a fantastic work with the music, and I hope he doesn’t go away any time soon.

What we do in life echoes in eternity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6zkT2uZAGA – GW2 – A world of wonder

Posted by: ThomasC.1056

ThomasC.1056

My…

I thought I was the only one to be fed up of that noisy fanfare. I acknowledge the superman thing. I’m really tired of it, and switch sound off when the song goes. Jeremy did amazing things, and so did Maclaine and Lena.
Unfortunately, this one is definitely getting on my nerves. LA has been rebuilt for some times now, and should go back to more peaceful songs !

Or just make it so that this very song doesn’t pop out as the first one when you get in LA. Because it’s such a cause most of the time.

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

You do know you are allowed to change the music in Game to whatever you want right? You can change most of the music playlists.

Posted by: onevstheworld.2419

onevstheworld.2419

ThomasC.1056

That’s an interesting feature I want to give a try. I just have some questions :

• The “ambient” playlist may have some “sub-playlists” ? Because ambient music isn’t the same should you be in Shiverpeaks or Ascalon, Kryta or Maguuma. How to handle that ?
  • Same goes for the “City” playlist, even if I suppose there may be only one city theme, and then it goes to the ambient playlist.

A big issue now : if you use this, you remove every music coming from the game, replaced by your playlist, if I get it correctly. Yet, this thread only deals with the LA’s reconstruction music. Other musics aren’t much of an issue, so it may not be that appropriate.

BlaqueFyre.5678

That’s an interesting feature I want to give a try. I just have some questions :

• The “ambient” playlist may have some “sub-playlists” ? Because ambient music isn’t the same should you be in Shiverpeaks or Ascalon, Kryta or Maguuma. How to handle that ?
  • Same goes for the “City” playlist, even if I suppose there may be only one city theme, and then it goes to the ambient playlist.

A big issue now : if you use this, you remove every music coming from the game, replaced by your playlist, if I get it correctly. Yet, this thread only deals with the LA’s reconstruction music. Other musics aren’t much of an issue, so it may not be that appropriate.

You can fully customize you don’t have to remove everything.

ThomasC.1056

Another issue : I don’t have a music folder next to my “screens” folder :-/

Posted by: Dawnbreaker.6215

Dawnbreaker.6215

Another issue : I don’t have a music folder next to my “screens” folder :-/

You can just create one yourself with no problems.

See I dont want to replace any of GW2’s soundtracks because they are excellent. LA’s introduction theme is the one black sheep in the playlist which is unbearably bad. It’s really unfitting and should be removed.

Posted by: coso.9173

coso.9173

oh I thought the personalized music didn’t work anymore. so I just create a folder next to screen with the appropiate playlists? sounds easy enough!
still for example Lion’s Arch music only sounds in that place, I don’t see a playlist for that….

BlaqueFyre.5678

oh I thought the personalized music didn’t work anymore. so I just create a folder next to screen with the appropiate playlists? sounds easy enough!
still for example Lion’s Arch music only sounds in that place, I don’t see a playlist for that….

It’s an audio file in the playlist for cities……

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

You do know you are allowed to change the music in Game to whatever you want right? You can change most of the music playlists.

Unfortunately the “customized tracklist” feature is really, really lacking.

You can fully customize you don’t have to remove everything.

You can’t. There’s lot of features that the ingame tracklist has, but customized one doesn’t.
For example, you can’t set a specific sound list for a specific zone (like LA). You can only set a shared playlist for all of the cities.

Also, you can only replace an existing playlist. You can’t add to it or disable only specific music. This is a problem when you realize that it’s impossible to completely duplicate the in-game music playlist using the custom tracklist feature. Even if you have all the music files.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Posted by: coso.9173

coso.9173

It’s an audio file in the playlist for cities……

oh, but I don’t have the folder, if I make a new one how do I know where I should put the specifics?
(just in case I’m not the one complaining about the music, just curious)

ThomasC.1056

See I dont want to replace any of GW2’s soundtracks because they are excellent. LA’s introduction theme is the one black sheep in the playlist which is unbearably bad. It’s really unfitting and should be removed.

Just as you said. LA’s rebuilt is the only black sheep. Yet, I don’t seem to be the only one not having that required music folder. So I suppose I make my own, and put my own playlists in it, they’ll override the default music that’s overall really good.

And that’s clearly not what I want. Unfortunately, there don’t seem to be any solution to remove songs from the default playlist, or add your own to the game without overriding the rest, so I must say that’s a feature that I’d enjoy.

Posted by: Kite.2510

Kite.2510

I personally didn’t like JS soundtrack. It sounds a bit to same-y. That however could be because the game has a tendency not to change it’s music when you change areas, so very often inappropriate music plays in inappropriate areas.

I would welcome any new type of music in the game, but even I have to agree the superhero theme sounds a bit out of place.
To be honest the whole waterpark look of the new LA is kind of out of place..

…and don’t be toxic!

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

It’s been out for a year now, it’s no longer news, I can’t see why we still need to view the cutscene everytime or why it still has that horrible obnoxious fanfare theme that sounds like it could be a 70’s Superman movie theme.

The current background music for the city is truly obnoxious. Who needs heroic fanfares 24/7 while roaming a city? It’s a shame that many (newer) area have that issue so that one is forced to completely mute all background music in the game.

Keep to your Jeremy Soule style music Anet, it’s great the way it used to be, trying to copy John Williams is an embarassement.

+1

Jeremy Soule = <3

Posted by: Yolanda Hardass.8045

Yolanda Hardass.8045

This actually makes me think of a game I played may years ago, I now forget which one it was. BUT you could use Winamp in the game and play your own music. Maybe something they can look at in the future, they probably won’t, but hey, a guy can hope

(edited by Yolanda Hardass.8045)