[LC] Should enemies flee more?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

You know, one thing that’s always cracked me up in games is how everything is suicidal to the point where they just want you dead. Evil minions make sense, but wild animals you accidentally tap would make a little less.

What would you think if there were more enemies that would be much more shyer to fight and try to disengage if they’re going to die? Would that just be more annoying to chase enemies down?

As another silly thought, why can’t you drive enemies off cliffs?

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

That exists to some extent already, moas. And in LS 3 there have been other mechanics added to the new map foes to improve ai, scatter.

Posted by: Acnologia.6934

Acnologia.6934

THIS!!! i NEED this!!

Posted by: AIZECK.8279

AIZECK.8279

I will like to see more realistic ambush by the AI in the future

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

I’d love to see more intelligent AI’s in general. Wolves calling other nearby wolves into packs (not just the summon spell), lots of yellow mobs just trying to run away instead of trying to fight you etc.

Heck I’d love to even see some natural movements and perhaps even a cyclic migration path for different creature types But yeah that’s not going to happen.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Unless the action actually gives them a chance of surviving it is an entirely pointless action.

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

Fleeing is just annoying in a way as it works now. Mobs usually just flee for a while and then come back to you or just keep you in combat forever if you’re not chasing and finishing them off.

I wouldn’t mind fleeing if they actually would keep on fleeing and get out of combat as soon as they flee.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Mobs are dumb. If their pathing allowed them to go off cliffs, they might do so even when not fighting a character?

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Mobs are dumb. If their pathing allowed them to go off cliffs, they might do so even when not fighting a character?

Maybe they should get gliding too! :p

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

Fleeing is just annoying in a way as it works now. Mobs usually just flee for a while and then come back to you or just keep you in combat forever if you’re not chasing and finishing them off.

I wouldn’t mind fleeing if they actually would keep on fleeing and get out of combat as soon as they flee.

Yeah, that’s exactly my experience with fleeing mobs; you’ve won, you just have to chase down a couple of corrupted wolves or griffons who just ran in opposite directions with a sliver of health each.

It’s tedious and the only thing it does now is prolong fights.

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

If you ever played GW1 then you might remember the “fun” when they introduced mob AI that was smart enough to run from lots of AOE damage. The joy of making a your tank run after a group of enemies in the desert as they forced more mobs to get aggro.

So no. Its not a fun thought. Knocking them off cliffs though, that needed to be in game since day one.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

AI behavior should be more varied and more natural. For some mobs, it should mean to fly or hide after the first attack, and you should chase them (And they probably should be faster than you). For other mobs, it should mean they become extremely agressive, like it is now for almost all creatures. For others it should mean they try to get help or make a last run, or even that they try to make a final, kamikaze attack that really hurt.

The point is: Variety is good.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks