Legendary Armor?

Legendary Armor?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Warhawk.6083

Warhawk.6083

Yo been waiting for like 2 years now to see some legendary armor lets go people!

Legendary Armor?

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

At least it would give some people something to do. It would also make people with Ascended armor angry, unless that was a type of “precursor”.

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

Legendary Armor?

Warhawk.6083

agreed and what this game could use rn is something to do

Legendary Armor?

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

They hinted at legendary armor being made around a year ago when they made the infamous “second half of 2013” blog post. Also legendary accessories.

And we’re still waiting on that precursor scavenger hunt or whatever form it takes on now…

Basically, we’re probably going to be waiting a long time for any of those things to actually happen.

Legendary Armor?

Posted by: Faux.1937

Faux.1937

Yo been waiting for like 2 years now to see some legendary armor lets go people!

We dont even have precursor craft/gathering, 500 cooking or jewel yet, we arnt ready for Legendary armor.

At least it would give some people something to do. It would also make people with Ascended armor angry, unless that was a type of “precursor”.

Legendary armor would be like legendary weapons, same stats, but you can change you stats at anytime.

Player chose to make ascended armor, it isnt really needed, just like ascended weapons arnt, but ppl still make them weeks before legendaries sometimes.

SAB or RIOT

Legendary Armor?

Posted by: Seven Star Stalker.1740

Seven Star Stalker.1740

I don’t even know how they’d do legendary armor. Are the individual pieces legendaries, or is it a set? Is it made as a set? Or is it piece by piece?

If it’s piece by piece you’d need at least fifteen characters for each Gift of Exploration. And I don’t know anyone that dedicated or with that much free time .-.

I ? Karkas.

Legendary Armor?

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

The gift of exploration may be limited to the weapons Seven Star. We don’t know what the armor and trinkets will require because we don’t know anything about them beyond they were working on it and that we would see a trinket item first.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Legendary Armor?

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

I wonder if people that ask for an armor that costs maybe 15k-20k gold, already have
alle legendary weapons and still sooo much money ?

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Legendary Armor?

Posted by: sean.6058

sean.6058

I wonder if people that ask for an armor that costs maybe 15k-20k gold, already have

And here I can barely hold on to 50g

Legendary Armor?

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

creditcard is strong in this game

Legendary Armor?

Posted by: Asyntyche.4827

Asyntyche.4827

Ascended armor as a precursor could work well. Would allow people to keep any existing ascended (+maybe infusions, but less likely) while using the rest of the material farm as the challenge in obtaining the armor.

Would address some of the complaints about precursor availability regarding legendary weapons, and also open up a route to creation of a second set of legendary weapons further along the line from ascended weapons…

Legendary Armor?

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

Yet another reason I’m convinced that all we’ll be able to see will be blobs of light in the future, instead of character details. ‘Cause apparently in this game you can’t have Legendary anything without obnoxious special effects.

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

Legendary Armor?

Posted by: Trice.4598

Trice.4598

Yet another reason I’m convinced that all we’ll be able to see will be blobs of light in the future, instead of character details. ‘Cause apparently in this game you can’t have Legendary anything without obnoxious special effects.

As much as I like legenary effect, I would like to be able to turn them off, they become very obnoxious after a while, and while many will disagree, I actually prefer the legendary skin over most other, that’s without taking effects into account. I just like the way they look.

Legendary Armor?

Posted by: Umut.5471

Umut.5471

I’m waiting for legendary armors and new legendary weapons too.
We definitely need some new hardcore items or goals to play for.

Legendary Armor?

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Legendary armor would have the same stats as Ascended. Not sure why that would make people with Ascended angry. They can also pursue legendary armor if they choose. I have Ascended armor and I would still pursue Legendary just because of the stat switching.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Legendary Armor?

Posted by: Anmida.4058

Anmida.4058

By rule of Legendaries, a Legendary armor/accessories would be an armor whose stats you can change at will.
That would go against the money sinkage and laurel wastan that ascended items are meant to be, and would remove a lot of the artificial lenght they provide to the minmaxers out there.

In short, given the choice of adding ascended items to the game, it would essentially backfire on Anet to then put legendaries in.

Legendary Armor?

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

I think I’ve missed something…. but what makes people say that Legendary armor stats would be the same as Ascended armor stats?

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

Legendary Armor?

fellyn.5083

By rule of Legendaries, a Legendary armor/accessories would be an armor whose stats you can change at will.
That would go against the money sinkage and laurel wastan that ascended items are meant to be, and would remove a lot of the artificial lenght they provide to the minmaxers out there.

In short, given the choice of adding ascended items to the game, it would essentially backfire on Anet to then put legendaries in.

How do you figure that? They’ve already said they’re adding legendary armors, accessories/trinkets, and new legendary weapons to the game.

It’s really only a question of when and not if. Though at this point it seems like they might be saving them for an expansion that will be out in another 2 years.

I think I’ve missed something…. but what makes people say that Legendary armor stats would be the same as Ascended armor stats?

Because Anet has said that legendary stuff will always be set to highest stat cap and that they (currently) had no plans to add more item tiers past ascended. So that means that legendary stats are the same as ascended.

(edited by fellyn.5083)

Legendary Armor?

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

We definitely need some new hardcore items or goals to pay for.

Fixed

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

Legendary Armor?

Posted by: Anmida.4058

Anmida.4058

How do you figure that? They’ve already said they’re adding legendary armors, accessories/trinkets, and new legendary weapons to the game.

It’s really only a question of when. Though at this point it seems like they might be saving them for an expansion that will be out in another 2 years.

They have also said they had “new and ready to be applied” skins to engineer backpacks and turrets, skills, weapon variety, weapon skills, character skills they would add “every month” and so many other things.
Claims from old manifestos have clearly changed routes given their priorities have completely changed. It is likely they will at some point add such things, much like they will -have- to add new weapons if at least spread the current weapons to more classes if they don’t want the game to implode.
But until the ascended hype has died down and they have fixed the other many things that would need to be fixed, pulling out Legendaries and saying “Hey! Remember those hundreds of gold you spent on making multiple ascended gear?! Useless! Acquire legendaries!” would probably bite them back with another refund spree.
And we all know how the legendary refund went!

Legendary Armor?

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

Ascended armor as a precursor could work well. Would allow people to keep any existing ascended (+maybe infusions, but less likely) while using the rest of the material farm as the challenge in obtaining the armor.

Would address some of the complaints about precursor availability regarding legendary weapons, and also open up a route to creation of a second set of legendary weapons further along the line from ascended weapons…

Being able to change the stats of the armour might be nice.

In regards to the look – instead of “blinding bling” there could be other options.

Moving parts – living perhaps even (think sylvari), day/night change, sounds (perhaps it whispers something in my ear every once in a while?). Perhaps it could charge up with every kill (if you have a full set) for one cosmetic looking attack or offer something on a different cd.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

Legendary Armor?

fellyn.5083

It’s really only a question of when. Though at this point it seems like they might be saving them for an expansion that will be out in another 2 years.

They have also said they had “new and ready to be applied” skins to engineer backpacks and turrets, skills, weapon variety, weapon skills, character skills they would add “every month” and so many other things.
Claims from old manifestos have clearly changed routes given their priorities have completely changed. It is likely they will at some point add such things, much like they will -have- to add new weapons if at least spread the current weapons to more classes if they don’t want the game to implode.
But until the ascended hype has died down and they have fixed the other many things that would need to be fixed, pulling out Legendaries and saying “Hey! Remember those hundreds of gold you spent on making multiple ascended gear?! Useless! Acquire legendaries!” would probably bite them back with another refund spree.
And we all know how the legendary refund went!

Fair points. But if anet were smart they would use ascended armor/weapons/trinkets as
precursors for future legendarys they add to the game. Or at least a version of that system because it’s already created and done with.

That would solve that issue entirely.

Legendary Armor?

Posted by: LostBalloon.6423

LostBalloon.6423

Legendary armor would have the same stats as Ascended. Not sure why that would make people with Ascended angry. They can also pursue legendary armor if they choose. I have Ascended armor and I would still pursue Legendary just because of the stat switching.

And hopefully rune switching :P

Legendary Armor?

Posted by: Nash.2681

Nash.2681

Plz no more legendary stuff unless obtaining sth. legendary needs the player to actually do something legendary (and nope, endless 1-1-1-move on-1-1-1-move on-…. farming ain’t legendary at all).
Being able to obtain the top-tier items of a game by simply buying them (e.g. with gold made by TP flipping) just feels so wrong

XMG U716 (i7 6700, 16GB DDR4@2133Mhz, GTX980m, Samsung 850Evo 250 GB, Seagate SSHD 500GB)

Leader of “Servants of Balance” [SoB], a small guild endemic to the FSP.

Legendary Armor?

Posted by: Allaraina.8614

Allaraina.8614

And hopefully rune switching :P

Yes please.

Also….. more than 1 skin set for each armor weight. There should be several lights, mediums, and heavies to choose from. Some light armor wearers want pants and some of us would love a glowing chiffon gown… or THIS <3

My 18 characters are waiting for outfits from GW1 like Tuxedos! WE GOT DWAYNA! =D
http://asuratime.tumblr.com/

Legendary Armor?

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

with how ugly the ascended armor looks and how so many ppl force better and better gear, i rather see them equalize all armors so even white armor is useful…..they can just as much remove all white armor on lvl 50+ and let armor merchants sell masterwork armor only with how Anet handles armor -_-

Legendary Armor?

Allaraina.8614

Plz no more legendary stuff unless obtaining sth. legendary needs the player to actually do something legendary (and nope, endless 1-1-1-move on-1-1-1-move on-…. farming ain’t legendary at all).
Being able to obtain the top-tier items of a game by simply buying them (e.g. with gold made by TP flipping) just feels so wrong

I want legendary stuff that requires a legendary task to obtain. <3 An epic quest or something like that.

My 18 characters are waiting for outfits from GW1 like Tuxedos! WE GOT DWAYNA! =D

Legendary Armor?

Posted by: Lighthammer.3280

Lighthammer.3280

One and only reason why legendary armors will not happen is Black Lion Trading Post.
You know, once every month or 2 we get new armors for gems. Since gems are expensive for buying them for gold, most people just spit 10-15 € and get it that way. Players “happy”, Anet even happier.
And for as long as Anet has any decent profit from releasing gemstore armors, we will not see any decent ingame armors to obtain.

Simple economy trick. So if you are waiting for legendary armor, don’t hold your breath, it ain’t gonna happen any time soon.

Legendary Armor?

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

One and only reason why legendary armors will not happen is Black Lion Trading Post.
You know, once every month or 2 we get new armors for gems. Since gems are expensive for buying them for gold, most people just spit 10-15 € and get it that way. Players “happy”, Anet even happier.
And for as long as Anet has any decent profit from releasing gemstore armors, we will not see any decent ingame armors to obtain.

Simple economy trick. So if you are waiting for legendary armor, don’t hold your breath, it ain’t gonna happen any time soon.

This doesn’t mean they don’t do like they did with the ascended armor. Make it ugly as sin and then people get for status as well as changeable stats, but buy new skins to cover up the ugliness.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Legendary Armor?

Posted by: VOLTCIEAGE.3029

VOLTCIEAGE.3029

soon every player will look the same , Add legendary armor it is so easy to say , but how is it gona work ? one light armor one medium one heavy ? I think we need option to upgrade our ascended armor to let it switch stats or the easiest option BUILD TEMPLATE=everyone wins

Legendary Armor?

Posted by: Umut.5471

Umut.5471

We definitely need some new hardcore items or goals to pay for.

Fixed

Why do you think we need to pay for these ? I have 5 legendaries and I haven’t paid real money or smth like that for them. I haven’t even farmed PvE, just played WvW and TP frequently and I got good amounts of in-game money.

Legendary Armor?

Warhawk.6083

agreed with we need something to grind toward big time

Legendary Armor?

Posted by: ipan.4356

ipan.4356

Want legendary armor NAO

Legendary Armor?

Posted by: blakdoxa.7520

blakdoxa.7520

I think you all are saying we need new goals to strive for… That aren’t time gated and/or require 250 of several types of t6 (or higher) mats.

Devona’s Rest

Legendary Armor?

Allaraina.8614

I think you all are saying we need new goals to strive for… That aren’t time gated and/or require 250 of several types of t6 (or higher) mats.

Yeah, probably. xD

Legendary Armor?

Posted by: proviticus.4183

proviticus.4183

how about instead of legendary armor having a fixed skin (which will be super lame when we all start looking the same), instead the provide some other visual cue?

Perhaps legendary armors have exclusive dye options, like certain skybox textures similar to what we see with the greatswords? you can apply them to certain areas if you want, but to any skin you apply to your armor (as long as it’s legendary).

Or maybe they don’t change the appearance of your armor at all, but instead create new auras? they could give the player a trailing effects similar to the foefire gs or the legendary gs’s.

I’m just spitballing here. I’m sure there are plenty of ways they could make legendary armor still a status symbol without making it confirming all classes to a single skin.

However, if we just want stat-switching but no visual cues then they might as well just add that functionality to legendary armor, or maybe allow armor to be infused and weapons too, and add that ability to infused equipment.