( LEGENDARY) Duplicated = 25 pts + Title

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Figoli.5910

Figoli.5910

Duplicated = 25 pts + Title… 5 leg = 25pts no title????

Show ppl you have 2 same leg with title? still invalid. I can have 2 axes and 1 dagger and still how i have 2 daggers so… no logic.

Make part of ppl smile and rest just be frustated.

Your argument is invalid.

Posted by: Lestate.5301

Lestate.5301

Would you rather have a fancy new title + 25 AP or another legendary skin? Yeah.

Figoli.5910

thats not the point.

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

That is the entire point. Dublicate one of your Legendaries f you want the title and APs.

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

I think the problem here is that they get more AP by having 2x of the same Legendary than a person that has three different legendaries.

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

That’s compensating for the fact that you no longer have any need to get two of the same legendary. Basically it’s either:

1. You got 2 of the same 1h Legendary before Wardrobe. This compensates you for the effort.
  2. You got 2 of the same 1h Legendary after Wardrobe. This acknowledges that achievement, as getting two of the same Legendary is redundant now.

Figoli.5910

still not fair with ppl who spend LOT OF MONEY and receive same a.pts and no title.

Posted by: HardRider.2980

HardRider.2980

You have more legendaries then the person with 2 .. how is that fair.?
It’s all fair actually.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

still not fair with ppl who spend LOT OF MONEY and receive same a.pts and no title.

So why dont’ you just make 2 of the same legendary. Obviously you dont’ think it is worth it.

If you dont’ think it is worth it to make 2 of the same legendary for a “title”. How is it not fair?

Posted by: Never.8571

Never.8571

My take on it, is that it’s one way for making it up to the people who took the time and effort to acquire two of the same Legendary before the wardrobe was introduced. Before then, the only way to dual wield the same one was to MAKE/buy two of the same weapon.

If you want the title and/or points, maybe you should have to go through the same process they did.

Posted by: Cuddy.6247

Cuddy.6247

It’s not about the number of legendaries, it’s about a small compensation for the wardrobe feature.

There’s a difference between compensating for lost value and a reward – this is a compensation, not a reward.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

If you think the title is worth the effort of making 2 identical legendaries then make 2 identical legendaries and get it.

If you don’t think it’s worth it then make 2 different legendaries (or just 1, or none at all) and don’t get it.

As other people have said the intention is to compensate people who made two identical legendaries before the wardrobe update when that was the only way to dual wield them. That update made one of their legendaries redundant, now at least it has some purpose.

Personally I think it’s a nice move that the title is available to people who make two identical legendaries in future. A lot of developers would probably have just awarded it automatically to people who already had them and left everyone else with no way to get it at all.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

As a holder of five legendaries and the wealth to make five more, I DEMAND recognition from Anet.

I request a plaque in DR in my name, as well as an invitation to Seattle to meet with the game designers so that I can give input on the next legendaries and naming of my choosing. I also request a signed picture of a shirtless Colin as well as Foreman’s services to design and make my wedding cake (Quaggan pls)

I did not make these legendaries because they make my character look good, but because I want recognition that I deserve and I’m the best and better than all them casuals!

Posted by: ParadoX.3124

ParadoX.3124

As a holder of five legendaries and the wealth to make five more, I DEMAND recognition from Anet.

I request a plaque in DR in my name, as well as an invitation to Seattle to meet with the game designers so that I can give input on the next legendaries and naming of my choosing. I also request a signed picture of a shirtless Colin as well as Foreman’s services to design and make my wedding cake (Quaggan pls)

I did not make these legendaries because they make my character look good, but because I want recognition that I deserve and I’m the best and better than all them casuals!

I have as many legendary as you and as money as you and I never looted any precursor from mob when you got 4… You deserve nothing

Kiwil / Alice Brightwood – Augury Rock – VVV

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I have as many legendary as you and as money as you and I never looted any precursor from mob when you got 4… You deserve nothing

He was being sarcastic I believe.

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

I really, genuinely enjoyed this post, and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

Keep on keeping on, Vol.7601!

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

I wasn’t being sarcastic about Colin. I need that pic.

Posted by: Terissimo.6852

Terissimo.6852

3k gold for title and 25 ap THANKS ANET!

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

You do realize you can simply build another of any of those 5 Legendaries and you WILL get the title (if it actually means that much to you). Nobody is stopping you from actually earning the title.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: ParadoX.3124

ParadoX.3124

We all need it

Kiwil / Alice Brightwood – Augury Rock – VVV

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

Vol – congratulations on the wedding! I assume the cake is for you
I also hope the pic is not for her … but who am I to judge.

On topic – underwater legendary’s should get the most points. You know, little incentive.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Man, can’t believe people are having an issue with this. Before wardrobe you had to make two of the same 1h weapon if you wanted “the look”. After wardrobe you only had to make one and then you could duplicate the skin. 100% of people who had a duplicate legendary after the wardrobe would not have made that second had they known a patch would undermine the amount of work/money they invested. They ended up with only 1 legendary skin for twice the cost.

So Anet decided to be charitable and compensate them, not with money, but with AP, a number that honestly means nothing in the long run (as someone with 13k+ AP I can tell you that 25AP means jack-kitten, I can make that in a day), and a title that basically tells people “Woops I made 2 legendaries before wardrobe patch lawlz”.

So here comes the peanut gallery having purchased 5 different legendaries (of which you ended up with 5 different legendary skins) wanting to also get 25AP and a title.

That title and AP is not for you. It’s for the people who felt screwed over by the wardrobe/skin change. You were unaffected, so why should you get compensated. But even knowing that you continue to complain, completely ignoring the fact that you can still get that title and AP. Nobody is restricting you from getting it, but I’m guessing 2000g isn’t worth 25AP and a title to you otherwise you would be OK doing it.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Lady Deedra.3126

Lady Deedra.3126

I rather like the title. I have a couple dual legendaries and at least 1 of every other type. I am glad they made a title for it. I also think there should be a title that advances as you account bound more and more. The Achievement goes up to 5 for account bound and so should a corresponding title. As you progress in pvp you get new titles. Why not make a title that progresses as you account bind more legendaries? I always found it strange that you stop getting AP’s at 5 equipped legendaries. Seems to me that should never stop rewarding.

Skjold Pjod
I am “That” guy you have all heard about.
1,073 precursors forged and counting.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Someone in another thread mentioned a potential, “Entitled” title….+1

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

We all need it

Not me, I’d stand for just a shout out from Steve Blum to a friend of mine.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Please e-mail me a copy of that pic once you get it. In fact, that gives me an idea for the BLTC forums…

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: Korny.3168

Korny.3168

I have 1 question related to this achievement.

How does it work?
Most people made double legendary in order to have Dual 1 handed weapons. (Bolt – Bolt, Inc-Inc, Frostfang-Frostfang)

Soooooooo my question is if I make a 2nd legendary ie. Kamohoali’i Kotaki and get it account bound and talk to NPC will he admit it?

Evelyn Charrborn [dF] – Far Shiverpeaks
Masterful “AP Whore”
~~~ AP – 21 500+ ~~~ Rank – 2900+ ~~~

Posted by: Lady Deedra.3126

Lady Deedra.3126

Has to be 2 of the same legendary. Since they are account bound just take them both to the NPC to get the title. Cant be any 2 Legendarys, has to be 2 of the same.

Skjold Pjod
I am “That” guy you have all heard about.
1,073 precursors forged and counting.

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

25ap+ a stupid title that nobody ever pays attention to=1k gold worth of mats plus hundred of hours farming. Yup definitely Anet’s idea of fair compensation. I’m glad I never bother making 1 yet alone 2 of the same.

Seriously, they invalidated people’s effort, time, and resources invested into creating 2 of the same Legendaries (which I applaud the effort) when they introduced the wardrobe system (which was a very good move btw). They could have at least given you your mats back so that you can use them to craft another legendary of your choice. No title is worth the price of a legendary and the compensation they offer is like a kick in the nards but that’s just my opinion.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

Posted by: Eight Samurai.6840

Eight Samurai.6840

It’s complaints like this that make me crack up!