Legendary twilight on trading post 9500g

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: SpedalFlux.1520

SpedalFlux.1520

can devs confirm this is possible? legendaries can now be sold? there is one on the trading post for 9500g

Posted by: PowerCat.5738

PowerCat.5738

And 5% of that is 475 gold. Did someone really spend 475 gold to list that?

Or is it a hacker who’s figured out how to send data to the trading post?

Posted by: Awesome.6120

Awesome.6120

that listing fee….

e: powercat

[SFD] – Maguuma

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

The sword is soul bound on use, so technically it can be sold. I see it too. I wish the seller luck in actually finding a buyer.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Posted by: Erasculio.2914

Erasculio.2914

This isn’t new; from the very beginning, Legendaries were soulbound on use. It’s no surprise that they can be sold, when checking rarity in the TP there has always been an “Legendary” option.

“I think that players are starting to mature past the point of wanting to be on that
treadmill, of being in that obvious pattern of every time I catch up you are going to
put another carrot in front of me” – Mike O’Brien right before Ascended weapons

Posted by: leprekan.7248

leprekan.7248

can devs confirm this is possible? legendaries can now be sold? there is one on the trading post for 9500g

That will only cost you about $7,900.00 USD in gem conversions. They have operators standing by to take your orders.

A Yak since headstart. [herm]

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

Makes you wonder how much gold it took just to list it, huh?

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Posted by: Lorana.2468

Lorana.2468

the issue here is, Legendary Weapons cannot be placed on the TP by “normal” means, regardless of how they have always been BoE.

mail is and always was possible, but the TP wasnt.

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Lol, that’s going to be sitting there a long kitten time.

Posted by: Avan.1540

Avan.1540

Listing price is 5% – 475g

20+ Charracters – Charr only player – NA Kaineng
Give Charr armor some more love!
Let us show our spots, stripes, or lack-there-of in style.

Posted by: Lutharr.1035

Lutharr.1035

all he needs to do now is get another account buy a load of cheap gold off a dodgy site and buy it from himself. He ends up with a load of gold laundered.

Go back to WoW. Most overused brainless arguement 2012-2013

Posted by: deherch.3158

deherch.3158

I saw it too.. that listing fee is first thing i calculated.. I am having a hard time believing this guy is legit.. seriously.. to waste 475g in this game.. wtf :\

Posted by: ShaiHulud.7410

ShaiHulud.7410

Guys. Probably Anet has put that on TP. Christmas is coming. A lot o’ rich players out there who would spend 8k USD on cash shop to get a present 4 someone they love.

What do you think? Conspiration? As how Anet is doing things lately with drops, anything is possible.

Posted by: MethodicMockingbird.6520

MethodicMockingbird.6520

The one I see is on there for 750 g

Edit: And there’s none left. 0_0

Posted by: Xolo.3580

Xolo.3580

The more I play GW2 the more I’m against capitalism.

Posted by: Angelus.1042

Angelus.1042

Anet needs money to add more nerfs/Zergs/Destroy sPVP So the smart thing to do is put a Legendary up in hopes someone is dumb enough to max their credit card on gems then convert to gold.

I used my crystal ball for this conclusion.

Posted by: Night Chaser.4321

Night Chaser.4321

when i first created my legendary weeks ago , i tried posting it on TP before I use it ( not soulbound to my character yet) . YEs it was “Soulbound on use” , but it didn’t work, I couldn’t post it on TP
so Anet have “fixed” this on the previous patches ?
OMG what r they thinking ?

Posted by: Dreamer.9072

Dreamer.9072

I don’t think this guy did anything dodgy to get it up, if you select legendary tab you’ll see that The Moot can also now be sold, though no one has put one up. Seems like Anet either made a mistake or are going to make all legendarys sellable

Posted by: Sylv.6514

Sylv.6514

WTF is this Anet? The major prestige items are going to be thrown around and manipulated by the richest farmers and gold buyers just like they were in GW1. You are making the same mistake AGAIN. Major prestige items like legendary weapons should always be soul/account bound. I hope people enjoy the inevitable skyrocket of mat prices.

Posted by: Gele.2048

Gele.2048

dont flame all let the weapon stay there i dont mind the next legendary that will pop up there gona be WAY cheeper then this thac the point so enjoy the ride all the prises will keep on geting down

Posted by: Zeldain.5710

Zeldain.5710

They want people to buy gold. Of course they’re going to allow the sale of legendaries.

Posted by: AeternuS IgniS.4827

AeternuS IgniS.4827

Only a fool would pay for something so overprice!

Posted by: Calloveri.8547

Calloveri.8547

i would buy it if i had the gold.

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

I have like 14g and haven’t bought anything long long time. Is there some kind of gold cheat or something? Like command /gold 20000.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

Posted by: Syktek.7912

Syktek.7912

The more I play GW2 the more I’m against capitalism.

You’d hate EVE Online then. CCP doesn’t mess with the player Economy except for a few certain ‘control’ items that are very, very important to the game community.

Some items are price gauged to the tens billions of ISK (One billion ISK in EVE is worth 32 USD~) and man, it’s painful obtaining them: Unless you did what I did and yarhar fiddle de de being a highsec pirate is so fun to be! Do what you want cause a highsec pirate is freee; you are a highsec pirate.

-

I find this unlikely that there’s actually a item available. People have been managing to throw things on the market that should not be there; this might just be another one of them.

Vesper Dawnshield | Guardian

(edited by Syktek.7912)

Posted by: Lorana.2468

Lorana.2468

Twilight is only worth roughly 1050g last i checked.

if you bought everything that could be bought.
minimum cost of any legendary is 120g for the 2 gifts/icy runestones.
funny enough items like Infinite Light are worth more than any legendary because of the lodestone price.

Posted by: Araushnee.1852

Araushnee.1852

Twilight is only worth roughly 1050g last i checked.

if you bought everything that could be bought.
minimum cost of any legendary is 120g for the 2 gifts/icy runestones.
funny enough items like Infinite Light are worth more than any legendary because of the lodestone price.

I could care less about legendaries, but I love the Infinite Light sword. I was shocked when I realized it would cost me so much. I’ve tried farming lodestones, but I’ve never had a single one drop. I’d settle for another sword that was long, thin, elegant and lady like, but there are like 2 others that are just too plain looking.

I’ve seen people with Bolt before, but never the Infinite Light.

Gamer Gal

Posted by: Chuo.4238

Chuo.4238

I wouldn’t care if it was just a skin.

Since it has waaaay better stats than my exotic sword…well…the line between ingame currency and real money is starting to blur; and the design of the game is encouraging this.

I’m starting to feel very, very uncomfortable with the way this works. Either you spend a LOT of real money, or you grind your kitten off.

Again, if it was just a cool skin, I wouldn’t care. I’d actually spend a few years working towards it.

But this?

This is striking me as being very wrong, folks. I really feel like we’re being herded into that gem shop….

….and there are probably a few crazy people out there with that kind of real money who’ll spend it…and the rest of us are left with a horrendous grind.

I’m starting to wonder if the MMO genre in general is about to go down the dirty economical toilet, and Guild Wars 2 in particular.

Am I not the only one that’s really, really bothered by this? It feels so wrong.

Posted by: ref.8196

ref.8196

They want people to buy gold. Of course they’re going to allow the sale of legendaries.

Yeh, because people are going to spend thousands of dollars to buy a legendary.

Posted by: ref.8196

ref.8196

Since it has waaaay better stats than my exotic sword…well…the line between ingame currency and real money is starting to blur; and the design of the game is encouraging this.

I’m starting to feel very, very uncomfortable with the way this works. Either you spend a LOT of real money, or you grind your kitten off.

Again, if it was just a cool skin, I wouldn’t care. I’d actually spend a few years working towards it.

But this?

This is striking me as being very wrong, folks. I really feel like we’re being herded into that gem shop….

….and there are probably a few crazy people out there with that kind of real money who’ll spend it…and the rest of us are left with a horrendous grind.

I’m starting to wonder if the MMO genre in general is about to go down the dirty economical toilet, and Guild Wars 2 in particular.

Am I not the only one that’s really, really bothered by this? It feels so wrong.

What? Legendaries don’t have much better stats

Posted by: Flyfunner.2093

Flyfunner.2093

If legendaries become tradable, this game will really be pay to win since legendaries will have the best stats always

Posted by: Flyfunner.2093

Flyfunner.2093

But this?

What? Legendaries don’t have much better stats

Once they added ascended weapons, probably around feb or spring, legendaries will get a stat bump too

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

Yeah, but then you’ll just get an ascended weapon, so legendaries still won’t have better stats. Although an ascended will still probably be between 50 and 100 gold =/

Posted by: Alloy.2839

Alloy.2839

Since we are all speculating here, I’ll have a go at it. The 9500g item was actually intended to be listed for 950g. The seller hit an extra 0 and unfortunately had enough gold to cover the listing fee.

Chuo.4238

I do see that the price is now 800g, not 9500g. Still a LOT in terms of real-world money, but not so scary.

Posted by: Linnes.2678

Linnes.2678

Unless you did what I did and yarhar fiddle de de being a highsec pirate is so fun to be! Do what you want cause a highsec pirate is freee; you are a highsec pirate.

highsec pirate master race, and then get zerged and losing everything, I quite literally cried a few times playing EVE out of sadness.

I do see that the price is now 800g, not 9500g. Still a LOT in terms of real-world money, but not so scary.

Honestly I’d pay 800g for it, the extra 400g is worth the time.

Linnes- 80 RNG, Linnes the Lucky- 80 ENG, Linnes the Silver- 80 GRD, Linnes the Gold- 80 WAR

Posted by: Gehenna.3625

Gehenna.3625

Yeah, but then you’ll just get an ascended weapon, so legendaries still won’t have better stats. Although an ascended will still probably be between 50 and 100 gold =/

No, but it will be LEGENDARY!!!!

Because of a special achievement you unlocked called “Legendary buyer of gems”.

It’s a game forum. The truth is not to be found here.

Chuo.4238

I stand corrected. The highest bid is 800g – the item on the TP is actually 9500g. That (if I can do math in public, and using the exchange rate I see now, and assuming it wouldn’t change) would cost someone about $750 USD to buy enough gems to change into enough gold…

Posted by: Gehenna.3625

Gehenna.3625

I remember some time ago there was an auction of some Chinese game that hadn’t actually come out yet. They auctioned some weapons that would be unique in that game. So nobody else would have that exact weapon. They sold for thousands each….

I am thinking that if I hear that some people here already spent hundreds in cash on gems, that this will not be an unlikely thing to have happen.

It’s a game forum. The truth is not to be found here.

Posted by: elderan.2638

elderan.2638

I remember some time ago there was an auction of some Chinese game that hadn’t actually come out yet. They auctioned some weapons that would be unique in that game. So nobody else would have that exact weapon. They sold for thousands each….

I am thinking that if I hear that some people here already spent hundreds in cash on gems, that this will not be an unlikely thing to have happen.

Yet tons of people have Twilight so it’s not exactly unique.

Posted by: Heinel.6548

Heinel.6548

If legendaries are tradable then all its components ought to be tradable too.

“… but I hate the idea ‘It may not make sense at first’.
I want it to make sense right away, then another sense later. Murkiness =/= quality "
- CCP Abraxis

Posted by: Fortuna.7259

Fortuna.7259

Yeh, because people are going to spend thousands of dollars to buy a legendary.

People already have.

LF2M Max Ascended Only!

Posted by: Jakis.4102

Jakis.4102

Here is a video on the item.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CLhuaV8MeQ

Posted by: Death Reincarnated.3570

Death Reincarnated.3570

LOL someone just offered maximum 800G for it.

(http://www.gw2spidy.com/type/18?sort_min_sale_unit_price=desc)

Lets just wit and see if more lengedaries turn up on the TP…

Proud member of Legion of Honour XIII

Do not click this link!

(edited by Death Reincarnated.3570)

Posted by: Sythus.2396

Sythus.2396

How does someone have 800g oh dear God.. :X

Posted by: Oxstar.7643

Oxstar.7643

Either you spend a LOT of real money, or you grind your kitten off.

“We don’t make grindy games”
Mike Obrien

Posted by: Somiii.5071

Somiii.5071

Well thats a lot of gold. Wish i had it

Posted by: minion.6245

minion.6245

LOL someone just offered maximum 800G for it.

(http://www.gw2spidy.com/type/18?sort_min_sale_unit_price=desc)

Lets just wit and see if more lengedaries turn up on the TP…

Thats cheap.

Im not sure of the matts required for twlight, but I have frostfang and I would ask at least 2,500g for it.

I wanted to make Infinite Light (exotic one hand sword) and you need 250 charged load stones, if you were to buy the load stones from the TP, its like 700-1000g.

I’ve seen Infinite light on the TP for 400g and i didnt jump on it because i was short on gold, but why would anyone one put that much gold and effort into a weapon and sell it that cheap?

Someone is up to something….

Posted by: MethodicMockingbird.6520

MethodicMockingbird.6520

Do you know how many gems that is?

OVER NINE-THOUSAND! 0_0

No, but, seriously, it’s actually around 625k gems if I did my math right. :///

Posted by: nofo.8469

nofo.8469

sweet, time to start flipping legendaries.