"LF1M FotM, no engies"

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Vasham.2408

Vasham.2408

Saw that in Lion’s Arch. Asked if they had one. Got this in response:

“not taking worthless classes. sorry”

See the problem with your so called class balance?

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

Posted by: xiv.7136

xiv.7136

Pretty sure that never happened, and it’s just you inventing stuff to make a point.

Unfortunately for you, engis are awesome in PVE and in FOM. And it’s not because of their DPS.

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

Vasham.2408

Pretty sure that never happened, and it’s just you inventing stuff to make a point.

Unfortunately for you, engis are awesome in PVE and in FOM. And it’s not because of their DPS.

I’m willing to bet you play a Warrior, Theif, or Mesmer.

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

Posted by: kitanas.3596

kitanas.3596

then again, maybe that’s why he thought they were worthless

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

Posted by: xiv.7136

xiv.7136

I’m willing to bet you think only dps matters, in a game with no dps meters.

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

Posted by: grumbles.5412

grumbles.5412

Engineers can do as much DPS as the rest of em.. it just requires triggering a few toolbelt skills.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
-Mike Obrien, President of Arenanet

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

Vasham.2408

I’m willing to bet you think only dps matters, in a game with no dps meters.

Still a worthless point. Every class has better support than an Engineer. We only shined because one of our support skills was bugged, and that got “fixed” in the patch too.

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

Posted by: Wallach.7291

Wallach.7291

You’re surprised they nerfed grenade 1? It was way out of line with the rest of the 1 skills in the game. Find it hard to believe people are surprised it got nerfed.

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

You’re surprised they nerfed grenade 1? It was way out of line with the rest of the 1 skills in the game. Find it hard to believe people are surprised it got nerfed.

In the way it caused carpal tunnel, you mean? Cause, you know, it was the only damaging skill of the kit, toolbelt one excluded. You HAD to spam it to do damage (and even then, it was easily avoidable). And it needed a grandmaster trait to be on par on other classes’ weapons. Now it is basically worthless.

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

Posted by: Travail.7390

Travail.7390

I hope you aren’t talking about all the healing the Engineer brings to the table, because they nerfed Super Elixir as well in this patch. It heals for less than half of what it used to, if the reports from players are accurate.

-Travail.

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

Vasham.2408

Just did fotm 12 with 2 engies. Anyone who says any class is worthless has no idea how to play this game and should go back to WoW and should give up.

should go back to WoW

Opinion invalidated due to tired, canned zealot response.

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

Posted by: scabies.3246

scabies.3246

Kind of offtopic: I would like to do a “Elementalists only” dungeon. It sounds like fun. I did one tonight with 2 thieves and 3 elementalists and it was really fun. So much fire! In this scenario only, I can understand the “No Eng” ideology.

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

Posted by: Lutharr.1035

Lutharr.1035

either your lying just to be able to whine about something or the person you saw posting this is clueless. Either way nothing to see.

Ive got a lvl 80 engi in full exo. It feels weaker than my warrior by miles and thought it was the class. Spoke to a friend who was a main engi and turns out Im just rubbish as it. Seems people mistake broken classes for l2p issues.

Go back to WoW. Most overused brainless arguement 2012-2013

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

Posted by: Zappix.7928

Zappix.7928

Saw something similar in LA. FoTM lvl 4 LF everything but Rangers. lol..

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

Posted by: nofo.8469

nofo.8469

Engineers can do as much DPS as the rest of em.. it just requires triggering a few toolbelt skills.

ahahahah.

no.

Play an engineer then play a thief/warrior hell even play a mesmer.

Then get back to me on that.

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

Posted by: DenverRalphy.4185

DenverRalphy.4185

Anybody that advertises “LFG except for <insert any class here>” isn’t worth grouping with.

The only time it may be a reasonable requirement is because the group is already stacked (read, at least 2) in that class. Otherwise, it’s just players who don’t understand the game very well, in which case you wouldn’t want to be in their group to begin with.

Every class in the game is more than suitable.

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

nofo.8469

Anybody that advertises “LFG except for <insert any class here>” isn’t worth grouping with.

The only time it may be a reasonable requirement is because the group is already stacked (read, at least 2) in that class. Otherwise, it’s just players who don’t understand the game very well, in which case you wouldn’t want to be in their group to begin with.

Every class in the game is more than suitable.

I don’t know, if I was trying to progress through a high level fractal why would I risk pugging a class that is sub-par?

The only people that don’t understand the game are the ones that think that having a few support fields and some heals make up for doing 1/4-1/2 the dps of other classes who guess what, likely offer fields and finishers of their own.

If this was CoF or something I wouldn’t care who I invited, but when ANet implemented progression content class balance becomes an important aspect of PvE.

2 of the people that I regularly progress fractals with have geared engineers, want to guess how often they brought them pre-patch?

edit: I understand why ANet nerfed grenades into the ground and I agree 100%, its a horrible kit thats necessary to do any kind of sustained damage as engineer, but to do so without giving the class any alternatives? ahahhaha.

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

I’ve said “LF2M – no Thieves” before but only because we already had 3.

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

I like to have lots of knockback knockdown and stuff like that stuff like the overcharded shot, big ol’ bomb and tons of other stuff. Even good at some champions for example that snow troll in the 80 area where blood drops witho only getting 3 stacks of that boon which makes im immune against crowd control.

That 3 stacks are down fast and net shot always working on him. I like the engineer.

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

Posted by: Kirito.3591

Kirito.3591

Saw that in Lion’s Arch. Asked if they had one. Got this in response:

“not taking worthless classes. sorry”

See the problem with your so called class balance?

Now you know what it feels like to be a Ranger pre 12/14 patch (even with this patch our pve builds could use some love (some more signet and spirit love would be awesome).

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

Once I get my new runes, my 1 heal skill can instantly get 8 stacks of might. on a 20s cd (all of these with traits). I’d say that’s already awesome in its right. If done right, I can reliably get 20-25 stacks of might after a few rotations.

The eng’s dmg spike is on the low end, as my lvl 40+ warrior is already doing 4k on the last hit of hundred blades. (signet warrior). But despite that damage, I still prefer my eng. So much utility, the shield skill alone is awesome. combo fields and finishing them, interrupting opponents, etc.

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Why are you making up things? ;/

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

Posted by: Yaki.9563

Yaki.9563

“LF1M FotM, no mesmers because we have 2 already not because they suck so don’t go whining on the forms ok?”

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

We’re just surprised three grenades don’t do as much damage as 1 bomb. And that it’s STILL a target only attack. It’s useless because it is. You see between that and the tiny explosion radius that’s no larger then my thief’s long sword and the whole long drawn out make a soufflet while waiting for it to land and blow something up along with the nerf that makes two handed swords in other classes look like they are the most dangerous weapons in the universe, yeah it’s imbalanced big time. Saying it’s due to sigils is just ridiculous and insults our intelligence.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

Posted by: Reihert.1509

Reihert.1509

WoW, who wouldnt take an eng?

Have you ever seen a full support eng?

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

Posted by: Xae.7204

Xae.7204

WoW, who wouldnt take an eng?

Have you ever seen a full support eng?

Have you seen one since the patch?

They nerfed Engineer healing by 75%

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

Posted by: Hocofaisan.2593

Hocofaisan.2593

I think that was me, my team had 3 engineers, and I didn’t want to waste people’s time.

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

Posted by: Oxstar.7643

Oxstar.7643

Wow this made me rofl
Engineesr are insanely useful and is anything but worthless in a fight, and I have a lot of rearend-kicking behind me in both PvE and PvP to prove it.
I’m sorry, but whoever called Engineer “Worthless” is a blockhead with no intelligence whatsoever. I don’t even know where to being.
Outstanding aoe healing.
Creates free retaliation combo fields.
Aoe slows and bleeds.
15-20 secs of immobilize.
Can aoe might a team.
Smoke screens and aoe confusion.
The list goes on. And anybody who says that dps is the most important factor in endgame is HOPELESSLY stuck in WoW mentality and should uninstall this game.
I don’t care if it takes 5 or 10 mins to down a boss so long as it dies.
And with no heals and just squishy players you will most likely die.

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

Posted by: Oxstar.7643

Oxstar.7643

I think that was me, my team had 3 engineers, and I didn’t want to waste people’s time.

You had 3 engineers, yet you called the class worthless and didn’t even say “we got three already”?
You sir, are… Not so bright.

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

Posted by: Ricky Rouse.1583

Ricky Rouse.1583

Wow this made me rofl
Engineesr are insanely useful and is anything but worthless in a fight, and I have a lot of rearend-kicking behind me in both PvE and PvP to prove it.
I’m sorry, but whoever called Engineer “Worthless” is a blockhead with no intelligence whatsoever. I don’t even know where to being.
Outstanding aoe healing.
Creates free retaliation combo fields.
Aoe slows and bleeds.
15-20 secs of immobilize.
Can aoe might a team.
Smoke screens and aoe confusion.
The list goes on. And anybody who says that dps is the most important factor in endgame is HOPELESSLY stuck in WoW mentality and should uninstall this game.
I don’t care if it takes 5 or 10 mins to down a boss so long as it dies.
And with no heals and just squishy players you will most likely die.

“Outstanding AoE healing”

that was pathetic and got nerfed.

“Creates free retaliation combo fields”

Elemenatlist has more blast finishers.

“AoE slows and bleeds”

like what? Box of Nails? That terrible ability that the Thief gets to use on dodge instead of wasting a second to cast?

“15-20 secs of immobilize”

With what? Net turret’s toolbelt, Net turret, net shot? and why should a class have to hold another class in place for 15-20 seconds just to be able to attack without getting kittensmacked?

“Can AoE might a team”

Elementalist would REALLY like a word with you about AoE Might. Shout warriors too.

“Smoke Screens and AoE confusion”

You mean the nerfed Smoke bomb? You mean Concussion bomb? You mean the skills that actually require you to go into MELEE RANGE (when the bomb kit only really works with a glass cannon build?)

You seem to be stuck on the assumption Engineers want DPS when in fact they just want to do something that another class can do 4x as good. I dont want to do everything but have to do it at 10% the efficiency. Thats just kittening stupid

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

Just did fotm 12 with 2 engies. Anyone who says any class is worthless has no idea how to play this game and should go back to WoW and should give up.

should go back to WoW

Opinion invalidated due to tired, canned zealot response.

Really? They should go back to WoW because there are no engis in WoW.

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

Posted by: Hocofaisan.2593

Hocofaisan.2593

You had 3 engineers, yet you called the class worthless and didn’t even say “we got three already”?
You sir, are… Not so bright.

Wha?

Oh not that pat, I just advertised LFM, No Engineers this morning, never told anyone the class was worthless in a pm.

Missed that part of the OP.

I am not racist against engineers, some of my best friends are engineers.
I

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

I wouldn’t post an add/shout for no Engi’s but the class definitely wouldn’t be my first choice.

Like others have said, the things engi does well are done BETTER by other classes. With the nerf to Grenades/Super Elixir the disparity is even clearer.

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

Posted by: Alloy.2839

Alloy.2839

OP, I had one player tell me warriors were not really very good in dungeons. I got a kick out of it since he was on the floor when he said it (and I wasn’t). You will find all kinds of people playing, just like in real life. Don’t let it get to you.

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

Posted by: Cocktail.7492

Cocktail.7492

I enjoy playing my engi. He has a flamethrower and drops boxes on peoples heads.

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

Posted by: Ambika.6257

Ambika.6257

It’s funny, I play solo with my Engineer without any problems and rarely die in all the high level content. People saying that because 2 skills were supposedly nerfed are obviously not creative enough to come up with another viable build. I’ve seen all classes described as not up to par because of something being nerfed and it just cracks me up because sometimes, some people just don’t know how to play certain classes. You can’t play an elementalist the same as you’d play an warrior, just like you can’t play a mesmer the same as you’d play a thief. I can tell you there are 2 professions that I just can’t play as effectively as other people. As it stands I have one of each profession with the exception of those two and I rotate between them frequently, always adjusting how I move them around an enemy and what types of skills I enhance and equip them with. If you don’t understand the skills enough to put them together synergistically with a specific weapon you’re going to have problems. For a while I thought my ranger sucked until I switched up my skills and changed my play style, now it’s one of my favorites.

The point is, skills not working for you, do not a bad profession make, only a serious lack of understanding on how to utilize what you have in an efficient manner.

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

either your lying just to be able to whine about something or the person you saw posting this is clueless. Either way nothing to see.

Ive got a lvl 80 engi in full exo. It feels weaker than my warrior by miles and thought it was the class. Spoke to a friend who was a main engi and turns out Im just rubbish as it. Seems people mistake broken classes for l2p issues.

Great, could you share the l2p factors that puts your engi on par with your warrior. I have both and there is really no comparison. Could you help me l2p?

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

Posted by: dybryd.1358

dybryd.1358

Yes, and I was once stuck in a group that remained waiting at 4 members in Lion’s Arch for like a quarter hour (before I jumped ship in annoyance) because they would only accept a “healer” for the last spot.

Encountering dumb people in map chat doesn’t really say anything about the state of the game.

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

Posted by: Blix.7691

Blix.7691

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/Game-Update-Notes-December-14-2012/first#post999247

Engineer

The Engineer is a highly versatile class. While it doesn’t have the long range capabilities of the Ranger, or the melee capabilities of the Warrior or Guardian, they are comfortable at medium ranges in most fights. They have a lot of control, and use their boons to keep themselves (and allies) alive in a fight. They can use different kits based on the situation, but this extreme versatility comes at a cost in damage on their main hand weapons.

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

Posted by: Zakiya.5310

Zakiya.5310

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/Game-Update-Notes-December-14-2012/first#post999247

Engineer

The Engineer is a highly versatile class. While it doesn’t have the long range capabilities of the Ranger, or the melee capabilities of the Warrior or Guardian, they are comfortable at medium ranges in most fights. They have a lot of control, and use their boons to keep themselves (and allies) alive in a fight. They can use different kits based on the situation, but this extreme versatility comes at a cost in damage on their main hand weapons.

Now read the blurb for ele and tell me that engie didn’t just get screwed over a bit.

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

Posted by: dybryd.1358

dybryd.1358

Engineer

Now read the blurb for ele and tell me that engie didn’t just get screwed over a bit.

I thought the same thing, but I think the key to what ANet intends is the “exceptional skill ceiling” of the elementalist. Both classes have versatility, but the Engi will always be pretty good and pretty resilient, while the Ele will have more damage potential when all its abilities are working together in the hands of a skilled player, but be a lot more vulnerable when the synergy isn’t quite right.

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

Posted by: Zakiya.5310

Zakiya.5310

I find my ele easier to play than my engineer. I feel like I have a lot more tools to handle pretty much anything that gets thrown at me. Both require (I’m paraphrasing something I read elsewhere) playing your keyboard like Beethoven. But the payoff with ele is huge, and with my engie it never feels epic. Surviving versus thriving kind of deal. In groups with an ele, you can make a huge difference, and you can tell. My engie is just kind of there, doing a few cool things, but never feels like I’m actually making a difference. Postponing wipes, or helping a boss die a minute faster, but I can’t change a predetermined outcome.
That’s how it feels to me, at least. I love the crap out of support classes, they are always what I gravitate to in games, but why would I bother with engie when I can get a more enjoyable and more productive experience from guardian and ele?

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

Posted by: Lutharr.1035

Lutharr.1035

Great, could you share the l2p factors that puts your engi on par with your warrior. I have both and there is really no comparison. Could you help me l2p?

I didnt say I was any good at engi. If you an re-read maybe you will work that out since I made it quite clear. I have massive l2p issues on it. But as I said just because Im clueless and crap at it dont mean the class then is. But someone I play alongside is more than capable. Maybe not brute DPS wise but in utility he dont seem to have any issues and since he is in the late 20’s in fotm Ill take his word for it over a bunch of forum whiners.

If you want to learn the class properly head over to the engi forums. Im sure they will help you out more.

Go back to WoW. Most overused brainless arguement 2012-2013

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

Posted by: Enigma.8461

Enigma.8461

I feel for Arenanet, the whining will never cease. This generation is hopeless.

Learn to play x10000000000000000

Engineers require some thought, that is the problem with the class.

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

I didnt say I was any good at engi. If you an re-read maybe you will work that out since I made it quite clear. I have massive l2p issues on it. But as I said just because Im clueless and crap at it dont mean the class then is. But someone I play alongside is more than capable. Maybe not brute DPS wise but in utility he dont seem to have any issues and since he is in the late 20’s in fotm Ill take his word for it over a bunch of forum whiners.

If you want to learn the class properly head over to the engi forums. Im sure they will help you out more.

But surely he would have told you something of substance that would lead you to think that you are doing it wrong, while he is doing it right—just the fact that he is present in dungeons at any level says nothing about his skill. What did he say about how he played that led you to think you were rubbish at it? If it’s an l2p issue, then there must be l2p factors involved. What are they? BTW, the engi forums are full of QQ about the post-patch state of the engi so no help there.

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

Posted by: Horheristo.3607

Horheristo.3607

The sigil as matter of fact made engis even more useful in PARTIES, by adding a 3rd way of additional vulnerability.
Combined with +5% C.chance, engis can easily spam the condition and hit the 25 cap.

It does not justify the 30% nerf though, could’ve been 15 – 20%. 30% is a big reduction.

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

Posted by: Brewbeer.8239

Brewbeer.8239

Anyone who thinks engies are underpowered because they got a nerf on grenade damage is not worth partying with. Grenades weren’t even the spec you went with for damage on an engie. If you want damage, you go toolbelt and crit rifle. Grenades are amazing for their huge range, and incredible cc and vulnerability stacking. Not to mention that we got more than enough damage to compensate for it. Sigils, which can be used for great utility and damage, and the incredible Shrapnel buff, and twice as much might from drinking elixirs trait. Engies also retain all their amazing utility, which is easily on par with elementalists.

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

nofo.8469

The sigil as matter of fact made engis even more useful in PARTIES, by adding a 3rd way of additional vulnerability.
Combined with +5% C.chance, engis can easily spam the condition and hit the 25 cap.

It does not justify the 30% nerf though, could’ve been 15 – 20%. 30% is a big reduction.

.. we could do this before?

To the person claiming they are pro at engi because they can solo and not die, good for you, that isn’t the point of the post at all, the point of the post is viability of engineer in endgame content; which has absolutely nothing to do with your post.

As for engineers being awesome in groups because they offer “outstanding” healing etc etc, having awesome knockbacks and because they stomped you in PvP.

Yeah, our healing is kinda balls, knockbacks yes, most of the tougher mobs are immune and trust me, being able to do solid damage is far more important than knocking trash mobs around like a pingpong ball. Engineer is a solid class in PvP because this is actually more important than DPS for the most part.

Fields and finishers? Other classes can do this better while doing good damage.

This class is fine in PvP, having a few support abilities doesn’t compensate for doing kitten dps because guess what this game is more about DPS than any “WoW mentality” since support means very little in this game, and even if support was godly for whatever reason this class does not have more of it than other classes, we have more control which has limited use in dungeons and does not even remotely offset having garbage dps.

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Yeah, so? I’ve seen the same thing happen to Elementalists and Necros. We just don’t complain nearly as much as the Engineer community apparently…

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

Posted by: Horheristo.3607

Horheristo.3607

@ nofo.8469

I was under the impression that 0 sigils worked before, if the ones I mentioned did,
Then my bad, and indeed this nerf is even worse than what I’ve imagined.