"LF1M FotM, no engies"

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: TsukasaHiiragi.9730

TsukasaHiiragi.9730

Pretty sure that never happened, and it’s just you inventing stuff to make a point.

Unfortunately for you, engis are awesome in PVE and in FOM. And it’s not because of their DPS.

I have a level 80 Eng, and compared to my other 80s…they suck period. They need a major revamp in order to be at least on par with some of the classes out there. And before anyone starts, my eng is full exotic ~ I’ve tried 5 different builds trying to find that one decent build, all more or less in vain. Lets face it, they suck.

protest this travesty of a patch -
Get it taken down -
Do whatever it takes if you care about this game -

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

Posted by: Amos.8760

Amos.8760

I think that was me, my team had 3 engineers, and I didn’t want to waste people’s time.

I call BS on this. There aren’t three engineers in the game.

My turret is so much better at this game than I am.

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

Yeah, so? I’ve seen the same thing happen to Elementalists and Necros. We just don’t complain nearly as much as the Engineer community apparently…

Guess you don’t spend any time at all in those respective forums then

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

Don’t forget our aoe-stealth ability. (almost the same as the theif’s utility, i forgot what’s it called. not shadow refuge though)

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

Posted by: nofo.8469

nofo.8469

@ nofo.8469

I was under the impression that 0 sigils worked before, if the ones I mentioned did,
Then my bad, and indeed this nerf is even worse than what I’ve imagined.

Nah you are right about the sigils, the only sigils that engineers used pre patch were things like bloodlust etc. And that likely won’t change much as they still seem to offer some of the best returns, so it isn’t much of a buff.

The point I was trying to make is engineers have never had any trouble stacking vuln.

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

nofo.8469

Yeah, so? I’ve seen the same thing happen to Elementalists and Necros. We just don’t complain nearly as much as the Engineer community apparently…

I don’t recall any time where the primary source of damage for eles or necros were nerfed by 30%. It’s not like engineers did top tier damage pre-patch.

I’m glad you are happy with mediocrity though, good for you.

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

Posted by: ikiturso.4026

ikiturso.4026

dps is all that matters. U cant knock, seal bosses just dps dps. Eningeers gimmick tricks dont do rats kitten to them outside grenades.

Main reasons for killin trinity is that in the end dps dps. Nothing but dps. Bosses don require skill intrreupts (pistol daze, nade 3).

First in beta engineer pistol 1 was nerfed so hard that in my semi-defensive build it does 300 dmg on auto (weee u gonna diee!!) But I bare with it for shield skills + elixir b. Thus this granted me option to be defensive grenadier. OFcourse goin defensive nades didnt hit that much but I thought when we finaly get the sigils i get some damage bonus (Who ever got in their little brains that sigils add 35% total damage) Grenades are ground targets. U need to move ur mouse and aim and wait them fly. I dint know Anet havent played this game even that little to realize this. Now everything in this class is broken. Last attempts are those silly mgiht stacking but they have been done since august and do u see 25might engis allaround? (its bad way of gaming to focus one boon stackin instead of fightin)

Anet did awfull job with engineer since start. There is no questioning this. Alot of our traits are compeletely useless or even not working!! (like goin to 20 pts to explosives u get land mines when go 25%. These have never worked and if they did why would u enter them? I mean going so deep in one traitline getting nothing out of it!!)

Engineer was supposed to be jack of all trades having versatile builds and skill use. They dont. Whatever kit u choose u have to put all ur traits to support that kit or its plain useless. (well after traiting it still be pretty useless vs other profession dmg) Therefore if u hold for example missthrower and want be effective there is little options in traitlines. juggernaut juggernaut.

The thing is we were the weakest from start and gettin nerfed all patches and gettin absolutely nothin back! Like november patch. All engiis were sweating off from excitment when anet announced around 20 changes to engineer. Nerfed skills and fixes that no one knew about. Then last stand, 14th december. Mood among engiis was at its peak. “This time we shall get the fixes, its been long enough, anet will surely handle this, finally working traitlines and the sigils omg the sigils!” Rest is history.

(edited by ikiturso.4026)

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

Posted by: projectcedric.6951

projectcedric.6951

Whiners will whine.

Its not like you are only allowed one character slot, EVER – and you chose to be an engineer. You don’t like the class, you think its poorly balanced, so don’t play it. You have 5 character slots and don’t tell me you created 5 engineers and has already leveled them all to 80.

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

projectcedric.6951

dps is all that matters. U cant knock, seal bosses just dps dps. Eningeers gimmick tricks dont do rats kitten to them outside grenades.

Bosses are not all that matters in this game. There are a thousand and one things to do that dont require ever fighting a boss. Nor having exceptional dps.

This kind of mentality is of absolutely conventional mmorpg. Its so last decade.

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

Posted by: Isslair.4908

Isslair.4908

I’m really tired of clueless people saying that utility makes up for dps.

In pvp – yes, maybe.

But in dungeons it’s all about DPS. Every class have their own utilities and survival solutions. There is no need in game for a support class. All that is needed is quick killing of stuff.

So a class with low dps is not viable.

Well, I don’t say that engi is the worst or the useless. But he now really needs some buffs to other skills to compensate for grenades. Otherwise they are not welcome in any decent party.

PUGs who want to clear fotm 1 for three hours are welcome to invite any class they want.

Bosses are not all that matters in this game.

It is in dungeons.

No one cares how you kill mobs during leveling.
But when you join a party for dungeon run, you’re expected to have max perfomance so you won’t waste people’s time by spending several minutes to kill just one mob.

Dungeons are all about boss fights. Most mobs are skippable. And in boss fight only raw DPS matters.

I don’t understand why people can’t see it.

EU Aurora Glade

(edited by Isslair.4908)

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

ok now all of you saying engis are good try WvW for at least 4 hours.

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

projectcedric.6951

It is in dungeons.

But when you join a party for dungeon run, you’re expected to have max perfomance so you won’t waste people’s time by spending several minutes to kill just one mob.

Dungeons are all about boss fights. Most mobs are skippable. And in boss fight only raw DPS matters.

So don’t bring an Engin to dungeons. Same thing. It’s not like you only have one character and the only thing you ever do in this game is run dungeons. If yes, then that’s your problem.

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

Rezzet.3614

So don’t bring an Engin to dungeons. Same thing. It’s not like you only have one character and the only thing you ever do in this game is run dungeons. If yes, then that’s your problem.

this is precisely the problem we dint buy the game to be told we had 8 classes to choose but had only 1 or 2 options if i wanted to enjoy the game.

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

ikiturso.4026

In pvp – yes, maybe.

But in dungeons it’s all about DPS. Every class have their own utilities and survival solutions. There is no need in game for a support class. All that is needed is quick killing of stuff.

Well, I don’t say that engi is the worst or the useless. But he now really needs some buffs to other skills to compensate for grenades. Otherwise they are not welcome in any decent party.

PUGs who want to clear fotm 1 for three hours are welcome to invite any class they want.

It is in dungeons.

Agreed! and one posted “its so last season” lol gw2 dungeon build is 100% dps orientated. People, name one boss where dps doesn’t count the most? It’s not last season its there and living well.

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

this is precisely the problem we dint buy the game to be told we had 8 classes to choose but had only 1 or 2 options if i wanted to enjoy the game.

Exactly the point, when does making this class weaker then the rest with horrible cast times, misses, and problems with skills carrying thru or hitting the enemy, when has that ever given anyone more options and then to spend all this time on a part of the combat that almost no one uses, underwater, is just stupid. What about the 99% of our other fights that happen on land? FT/EG/Torch STILL misses and it’s going on 4 months now. REALLY? seriously? but the underwater net was the priority huh?

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

ikiturso.4026

It is in dungeons.

Good trolling. Might as well delete engineer from profession list.

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

Posted by: Razarei.2809

Razarei.2809

Wow. Some people in this thread went full r*****.

L2P, seriously.

Elementalist – Blárp, Razarei, 55HPMonk, Need More Defense
Revenant – Master Blárp [Desolation]

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

Rezzet.3614

Wow. Some people in this thread went full r*****.

L2P, seriously.

you havent even played engineer yourself to be making statements.

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

Posted by: plasmacutter.2709

plasmacutter.2709

Pretty sure that never happened, and it’s just you inventing stuff to make a point.

Unfortunately for you, engis are awesome in PVE and in FOM. And it’s not because of their DPS.

I’m willing to bet you play a Warrior, Theif, or Mesmer.

LOL & mesmer in pve..

I play a pve mesmer and have to build for status effects on clone death, because there’s only a 30% chance the clones live until a shatter.

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I just have trouble reconciling:

" … we want to avoid “whack-a-mole” style balance. HUGH increases and HUGE decreases lead to meta instability, and thusly, we try to make multiple small tweaks rather than putting in massive changes that we have to later correct."

and

“Grenades: We didn’t want to totally take away the power of this kit, but when it is able to proc sigil abilities, it becomes very strong due to its powerful AOE nature. So we’ve toned down this kit a little due to the sigils now working on engineer kits.”

with:

““Grenade” skill now does 30% less damage to balance against using sigils.”

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

Isslair.4908

LOL & mesmer in pve..

I play a pve mesmer and have to build for status effects on clone death, because there’s only a 30% chance the clones live until a shatter.

Yeah, and some people in war forums say that warriors suck in gw2.

Yet we all know how it is. >_>

EU Aurora Glade

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

projectcedric.6951

You cant use Engineer and enjoy the game?

That’s not the point that seems to be going around. As far as I can tell, the only thing that’s true right now is that you cant use Engineer and do well IN DUNGEONS AND BOSS FIGHTS.

With regards to having another option of a class and having fun with it, now that depends on a person, don’t it? If your idea of fun in playing this game is running dungeons and battling bosses all day, then again, that’s your problem. Mainly because 1.) those are not the only things the game is offering you to do and 2.) Engineer is not the only class you can play.

If anybody combine playing Engineer and strictly dungeon/boss gameplay, and then complains, then there’s something wrong with them, no?

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

projectcedric.6951

Good trolling. Might as well delete engineer from profession list.

Why?

I’d rather have 8 classes in a game I paid 60 dollars for than 7. Even if one of them is under-balanced.

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

Posted by: Sephollos.4829

Sephollos.4829

You cant use Engineer and enjoy the game?

That’s not the point that seems to be going around. As far as I can tell, the only thing that’s true right now is that you cant use Engineer and do well IN DUNGEONS AND BOSS FIGHTS.

With regards to having another option of a class and having fun with it, now that depends on a person, don’t it? If your idea of fun in playing this game is running dungeons and battling bosses all day, then again, that’s your problem. Mainly because 1.) those are not the only things the game is offering you to do and 2.) Engineer is not the only class you can play.

If anybody combine playing Engineer and strictly dungeon/boss gameplay, and then complains, then there’s something wrong with them, no?

You forgot about WvW…engineers don’t have much of a role there either. I personally like my engineer for sPVP though, I think that’s one area we’re pretty good at! But considering those 3 things are the 3 main things to do at lv80, thats 2/3 of the game that the class is struggling with! I don’t think engineer is terribly broken, it’s just that from what I’ve seen, we’re pretty far behind some other classes in many areas.

And “make another class” isn’t exactly the best option. I love the idea of the engineer class, I just wish that it was better executed in practice. Not to mention, I don’t get a ton of play time so leveling up more classes isn’t really an option, even if I had the desire to.

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

projectcedric.6951

You forgot about WvW…engineers don’t have much of a role there either. I personally like my engineer for sPVP though, I think that’s one area we’re pretty good at! But considering those 3 things are the 3 main things to do at lv80, thats 2/3 of the game that the class is struggling with! I don’t think engineer is terribly broken, it’s just that from what I’ve seen, we’re pretty far behind some other classes in many areas.

And “make another class” isn’t exactly the best option. I love the idea of the engineer class, I just wish that it was better executed in practice. Not to mention, I don’t get a ton of play time so leveling up more classes isn’t really an option, even if I had the desire to.

At level 80 on two characters, the percentage breakdown on my gameplay is around the following:

15% – completing world map
30% – max leveling all crafting professions
30% – doing all possible ways to gain gold/karma/high end materials in preparation to craft legendary items (this can be done in many other ways aside from dungeons and bosses)
10% – WvW
10% – sPvP
5% – Dungeons

I’m not saying that this the way that everybody should play, nor am I saying that it is the most effective in trying to get end-game gears and gold (of that’s the general aim). But as you can see, applicable only to me, I don’t care for for WvW, sPvP, and Dungeons much. And more importantly, I am saying that it is POSSIBLE TO DO OTHER THINGS other than those three after 80.

It all now depends on player preference. Nobody will be stopping you if you just want to focus on dungeoneering, WvW, and sPvP after 80. But if people kitten about a class that performs poorly in those three, and say that they were given 7 instead of the promised 8 classes just because their standard of “fun” is “ZOMG owning every boss and player with dps”… then first, they clearly bought the wrong game and didn’t understand the expectations for the game. Secondly, they clearly chose the wrong class with the Engineer.

(If anybody wants to do dungeons so much and do JUST that, they should play something like Shin Megami Tensei Imagine. The whole mmorpg is about dungeon runs only. I play this game (simultaneously) and that’s why I’m not interested at all with GW2 dungeon. They could have done without it and its still worth 60 bucks of my money)

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Funny how many of the people who’s mains are other classes coming into Engineer posts and claiming everything is perfectly fine. Of course it is for you, you play a warrior now right? yeah….nice try.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

Posted by: JMadFour.9730

JMadFour.9730

so…basically, all the Engineer is/was good for is/was switching to the Grenade kit and pressing 1 over and over again?

is that what you are telling me?

Serious question, because I am leveling an Engineer right now. But I guess is 100% of the class is absolutely, 100% useless outside of a single solitary skill in one kit….then whats the point of leveling one, even without the 30% nerf to Grenade 1 damage.

guess I’ll go back to looking for another class to play. One-button spamming is no fun. I understand that some of you enjoyed the “spam 1 grenade repeatedly” gameplay before it was nerfed, but it just sounds ridiculously boring.

“Quaggan is about to foo up your day.” – Romperoo

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

projectcedric.6951

Funny how many of the people who’s mains are other classes coming into Engineer posts and claiming everything is perfectly fine. Of course it is for you, you play a warrior now right? yeah….nice try.

So?

Kinda the point, isn’t it? If you think it sucks so badly, why main it? Shift to another prof.

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

Isslair.4908

The point is all professions should have equal perfomance in all aspects of the game.

That’s why we don’t have trinity in GW2. OH WAIT.

EU Aurora Glade

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

i have seen “no useless eles” multiple times so i won’t be surprised if what’s TC is saying was true

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

Posted by: Amra.6028

Amra.6028

Saw that in Lion’s Arch. Asked if they had one. Got this in response:

“not taking worthless classes. sorry”

See the problem with your so called class balance?

Not the balance. Ppl cant into brains. I’ve never even cared to play nade engineer for a longer time, I always got along pretty fine. WoW elitist hipster kids just cant but replay youtube guides, ignore those people to rid this game of a pest it does not need and all will be fine.

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

nofo.8469

so…basically, all the Engineer is/was good for is/was switching to the Grenade kit and pressing 1 over and over again?

Serious question, because I am leveling an Engineer right now. But I guess is 100% of the class is absolutely, 100% useless outside of a single solitary skill in one kit….then whats the point of leveling one, even without the 30% nerf to Grenade 1 damage.

guess I’ll go back to looking for another class to play. One-button spamming is no fun. I understand that some of you enjoyed the “spam 1 grenade repeatedly” gameplay before it was nerfed, but it just sounds ridiculously boring.

It’s not 100% useless outside of grenade kit, but basically if you want(ed) to do decent dps as an engineer grenade kit was mandatory, as was the grenadier trait.

Now this is a problem with the class, and I agree with nerfing grenade kit but to give engineers no other options and nerf their only viable option is all sorts of stupid development.

If you don’t like grenades the engineer class is still ok for things outside of progression content assuming you are fine with sub-par and being mostly there for CC and a few fields. Note engineer is still fine in SPvP due to knockbacks being so valuable for point defense.

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

I’d rather take 5 Engineers through fractals then any other group composition + Ranger.

Seems people are a bit upset that grenades were finally toned down.

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

nofo.8469

I’d rather take 5 Engineers through fractals then any other group composition + Ranger.

Seems people are a bit upset that grenades were finally toned down.

Run high fractals with 5 engineers then get back to me on that.

But yes, no kitten engineers are angry our only source of remotely competitive dps got beaten to death with the nerf bat.

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

In pvp – yes, maybe.

It is in dungeons.

You know, staying alive in boss fights matter too. With no tanks and healers, if you’re all specced as full DPS (as you’ve said, only dps matter), your party is gonna get steamrolled more often than a balanced party would.

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

Isslair.4908

Imagine warriors without GS, thieves without daggers and shortbow, eles without staff.

Still better than engi.

You know, staying alive in boss fights matter too. With no tanks and healers, if you’re all specced as full DPS (as you’ve said, only dps matter), your party is gonna get steamrolled more often than a balanced party would.

Don’t even start.

I saw far to many “healer elementalists” with 200-a-tick regen. Like it would help against one-shot.

And yes, dps helps surviving the fight more.
There are enough skills that give you a nice save in tight spot and everyone can dodge (or can they?). This and kiting is more than enough for a defence.

EU Aurora Glade

(edited by Isslair.4908)

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

Posted by: Oxstar.7643

Oxstar.7643

Wow this made me rofl
Engineesr are insanely useful and is anything but worthless in a fight, and I have a lot of rearend-kicking behind me in both PvE and PvP to prove it.
I’m sorry, but whoever called Engineer “Worthless” is a blockhead with no intelligence whatsoever. I don’t even know where to being.
Outstanding aoe healing.
Creates free retaliation combo fields.
Aoe slows and bleeds.
15-20 secs of immobilize.
Can aoe might a team.
Smoke screens and aoe confusion.
The list goes on. And anybody who says that dps is the most important factor in endgame is HOPELESSLY stuck in WoW mentality and should uninstall this game.
I don’t care if it takes 5 or 10 mins to down a boss so long as it dies.
And with no heals and just squishy players you will most likely die.

“Outstanding AoE healing”

that was pathetic and got nerfed.

“Creates free retaliation combo fields”

Elemenatlist has more blast finishers.

“AoE slows and bleeds”

like what? Box of Nails? That terrible ability that the Thief gets to use on dodge instead of wasting a second to cast?

“15-20 secs of immobilize”

With what? Net turret’s toolbelt, Net turret, net shot? and why should a class have to hold another class in place for 15-20 seconds just to be able to attack without getting kittensmacked?

“Can AoE might a team”

Elementalist would REALLY like a word with you about AoE Might. Shout warriors too.

“Smoke Screens and AoE confusion”

You mean the nerfed Smoke bomb? You mean Concussion bomb? You mean the skills that actually require you to go into MELEE RANGE (when the bomb kit only really works with a glass cannon build?)

You seem to be stuck on the assumption Engineers want DPS when in fact they just want to do something that another class can do 4x as good. I dont want to do everything but have to do it at 10% the efficiency. Thats just kittening stupid

All of what I said was true prior to the godawful Engineer nerfs. As for the elixir gun, there is STILL no other class that can permanently provide area retaliation on a spot.

Smoke bomb has it’s uses, for example you can combo it with tranqualizer dart to weaken the foe while reducing the hits he gets on you.

The immobilize consists of net shot>net attack>net turret>overcharged net>net turret>net shot and if need be end with an overcharged shot.

As for the box of nails it’s meant mainly as an escape tool and does the job well. I get out alive in PvE and PvP many time by putting them behind me and run.

But yes, engineer is not what it used to be at all. I wouldn’t call it worthless though.

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

nofo.8469

Wow this made me rofl
Engineesr are insanely useful and is anything but worthless in a fight, and I have a lot of rearend-kicking behind me in both PvE and PvP to prove it.
I’m sorry, but whoever called Engineer “Worthless” is a blockhead with no intelligence whatsoever. I don’t even know where to being.
Outstanding aoe healing.
Aoe slows and bleeds.
Can aoe might a team.
The list goes on. And anybody who says that dps is the most important factor in endgame is HOPELESSLY stuck in WoW mentality and should uninstall this game.

“AoE slows and bleeds”

like what? Box of Nails? That terrible ability that the Thief gets to use on dodge instead of wasting a second to cast?

With what? Net turret’s toolbelt, Net turret, net shot? and why should a class have to hold another class in place for 15-20 seconds just to be able to attack without getting kittensmacked?

“Can AoE might a team”

Elementalist would REALLY like a word with you about AoE Might. Shout warriors too.

You mean the nerfed Smoke bomb? You mean Concussion bomb? You mean the skills that actually require you to go into MELEE RANGE (when the bomb kit only really works with a glass cannon build?)

You seem to be stuck on the assumption Engineers want DPS when in fact they just want to do something that another class can do 4x as good. I dont want to do everything but have to do it at 10% the efficiency. Thats just kittening stupid

All of what I said was true prior to the godawful Engineer nerfs. As for the elixir gun, there is STILL no other class that can permanently provide area retaliation on a spot.

Smoke bomb has it’s uses, for example you can combo it with tranqualizer dart to weaken the foe while reducing the hits he gets on you.

The immobilize consists of net shot>net attack>net turret>overcharged net>net turret>net shot and if need be end with an overcharged shot.

As for the box of nails it’s meant mainly as an escape tool and does the job well. I get out alive in PvE and PvP many time by putting them behind me and run.

But yes, engineer is not what it used to be at all. I wouldn’t call it worthless though.

It’s not worthless, but the point of this thread is whether or not refusing to take this class for progression content is warranted or not.

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

Oxstar.7643

Wow this made me rofl
Outstanding aoe healing.
Aoe slows and bleeds.
Can aoe might a team.

“AoE slows and bleeds”

“Can AoE might a team”

It’s not worthless, but the point of this thread is whether or not refusing to take this class for progression content is warranted or not.

Idk.
Considering how much self might engineers can stack now… I do good dmg in PvE with my flamethrower.

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

nofo.8469

Wow this made me rofl
Outstanding aoe healing.
Aoe slows and bleeds.
Can aoe might a team.

“AoE slows and bleeds”

“Can AoE might a team”

Idk.
Considering how much self might engineers can stack now… I do good dmg in PvE with my flamethrower.

Might or no might, flamethrower does pretty bad DPS.

Engineers have always been able to stack might fairly well.

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

Oxstar.7643

Wow this made me rofl
Outstanding aoe healing.
Aoe slows and bleeds.
Can aoe might a team.

“AoE slows and bleeds”

“Can AoE might a team”

Idk.

sheug I don’t have any parsers, but nobody complained.

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

Oxstar.7643

Wow this made me rofl
Outstanding aoe healing.
Aoe slows and bleeds.
Can aoe might a team.

“AoE slows and bleeds”

“Can AoE might a team”

Idk.

shrug I don’t have any parsers, but nobody complained.

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

Posted by: Xae.7204

Xae.7204

All Kits were nerfed between 30% and 75%. They just listed grenades specifically. But things like Flamethrower got a 50% nerf and the Heal on Elixir Kit was nerfed by 75%.

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

Posted by: Xae.7204

Xae.7204

Wow this made me rofl
Outstanding aoe healing.
Aoe slows and bleeds.
Can aoe might a team.

“AoE slows and bleeds”

“Can AoE might a team”

Idk.

How many stacks of might does it take to counter the 200+ Stats lost by not getting weapon stats?

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

Posted by: Jay.3284

Jay.3284

Engineers are still not as bad as Rangers

Dungeon Master 8/8 | Fractal 50
80Rng – 80Wa – 80Thief – 80Grd – 80Ele – 80Engi – 80Necro

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

Isslair.4908

Noone has any parsers. That’s why no one complains. GW2 need some dps-meters, so people could see all the difference between professions.

But really, do you like to be carried?

EU Aurora Glade

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

Amra.6028

Noone has any parsers. That’s why no one complains. GW2 need some dps-meters, so people could see all the difference between professions.

The game needs an instant ignore for elitism and dps meter fusterclucks. It works or it doesn’t, if it doesn’t it’s your fault, no one elses.

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

Posted by: LordNat.4963

LordNat.4963

The game needs an instant ignore for elitism and dps meter fusterclucks. It works or it doesn’t, if it doesn’t it’s your fault, no one elses.

This is the problem of not having real data to work with. Without meters then we can’t work up spreadsheets and such to show class performance. For all you know you might be doing 75% less damage then your average warrior but just not know it as we have no data points to work with.

A game that hides that kind of data leads to more elitism not less.

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

Isslair.4908

Why so anxious?
Feeling threatened already?

EU Aurora Glade

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

Amra.6028

This is the problem of not having real data to work with. Without meters then we can’t work up spreadsheets and such to show class performance. For all you know you might be doing 75% less damage then your average warrior but just not know it as we have no data points to work with.

A game that hides that kind of data leads to more elitism not less.

Not really. If I see this data, it’s about 3% DPS if you get kicked or not.
Just see games that have it and you know how people handle such situations. No one is going to improve. Just google builds and repeat what you see on youtube.
In what way is this going to improve anything for anyone?
I don’t know if I do less damage than someone else. I know I can do an encounter, so I did my share. If you want DPS meters to rule out any buff/debuff builds, go ahead, play WoW.