Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

This thread is 2 months old. You necro.

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Safer Saviour.9685

Safer Saviour.9685

At present, the Engineer is falling behind the pack. When it comes to DPS, Warriors and Thieves have them beat. Support? Well, that goes to Elementalists, Guardians and Mesmers. Condition Damage? That one goes to the Necromancers, who are more survivable to boot.

All the classes have issues, but Rangers and Engineers unquestionably need the most love.

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

Posted by: matemaster.2168

matemaster.2168

@OP
some players are stupid what can you do
Yesterday I saw in LA “LF1M fractals no guard”
well what can I say…

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

@OP
some players are stupid what can you do
Yesterday I saw in LA “LF1M fractals no guard”
well what can I say…

I’ve been in a group with 4 guardians and a mesmer. No one took any damage, but it was rather slow on the DPS.

I can understand ‘No X’ requests on that basis alone for every single class out there.

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

Posted by: AmBoSS.7129

AmBoSS.7129

I don’t really know what you people are talking about. I play engineer as my main, and I play a lot of dungeons. I mostly use a bombkit-build in dungeons. It provides healing with each explosion (like 200 HP), nice combofields, confusion, blind, burn and skill 1 crits for 2k…..i don’t think thats so bad, and I definitly don’t feel like burden in dungeons.

Although, I don’t really know what other classes do dps-wise, but to say engineers are useless or unwanted is just untrue.

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

Posted by: Chuo.4238

Chuo.4238

Why don’t you try: “LF4M FotM, Engies Only” ?

Edit: Sorry I’m not trolling or being facetious. It’s honestly what I’d do if I had this problem. I’ve no doubt that a party of engies would do just fine, and it’s ignorant elitism that drives people to refuse a particular class. I’m well into high level fractals, and have had no issues with party members of any class.

Moreover, when people are being unreasonably exclusive, I’ve no desire to play with them. It’s a total drag.

Jeez, my edit is longer than my post…I’ll pipe down now. GL, OP!

(edited by Chuo.4238)

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

Posted by: X The Manimal.5293

X The Manimal.5293

Saw that in Lion’s Arch. Asked if they had one. Got this in response:

“not taking worthless classes. sorry”

See the problem with your so called class balance?

I’m still trying to understand… just… WHAT makes you think that this group of people were the GW2 MASTERS? I mean… you took their opinion as complete fact just because they said so.

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

Posted by: Avatar.1923

i never mind whos in my party.

but if we have 2 or more engis, we usually wipe.

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

I’d have to say, if specced right, the engineer does better condition damage than a necro.

But, as a whole, the engineer is lacking behind just about every class out there. Really does seem to be a broken class. They are not as ‘versatile’ as they are advertised to be. And they are gimped because of this ‘versatility’.

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

Posted by: SneakyErvin.3056

SneakyErvin.3056

I just love threads like this one that bash engis. It shows just how clueless people are.

Engineers probably bring the best control when it comes to boss fights, while at the same time bringing sustained damage, or going down the route of debuffing while doing sustained damage. They also bring decent backup heals for their group, a few k extra health is a life saver when needed.

They have close to 100% control on melee bosses with immobs and cripples.

People love to nag on engis, rangers and necros, even though all three classes are outstanding with the right spec and in the hands of a player that knows how to play them, like with every other class.

Let Valkyries guide me to my destiny.

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

Posted by: TheAngryLuddite.1834

TheAngryLuddite.1834

Class Discrimination is getting to be a really big issue with Fractals – and I say this as a Warrior, where I really don’t have that issue.

That said, an Engi in our group managed to save us from a wipe on the Ascalonian Fractal boss my last run, when the boss was down to 10% health and all of our group died but the Engi. He kited the sucker for five minutes, until he could rez me so I could rez the rest of the group while he continued to kite, and we finished the boss.

No class is worthless in the Fractals, especially if there’s a good player behind them. That said, I think it is perceptively easier to run Fractals with a group composed primarily of heavies. This sucks for other classes, because they have to work twice as hard to not be a scapegoat if the run goes bad.

It would be good to see a change in player attitude or gameplay to address this, but as I’ve said in the other similar threads, I’m not entirely sure how that is to happen.

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Yeah, so? I’ve seen the same thing happen to Elementalists and Necros. We just don’t complain nearly as much as the Engineer community apparently…

I don’t recall any time where the primary source of damage for eles or necros were nerfed by 30%. It’s not like engineers did top tier damage pre-patch.

I’m glad you are happy with mediocrity though, good for you.

I made no statement concerning the power level of any class. People exclude other people based on their own perceptions and biases. In fact I think I’ve seen this happen at least once for every class but the guardian. The point I made, is that you don’t see players of other classes needlessly filling pages and pages of pithy whining as a result of one instance of mistreatment.

Oh yeah, and by the way, try doing some research before making assumptions. My main is an elementalist, a 30% nerf to a single group of skills is nothing compared to the nerfs Elementalist weapon skills received in beta. And you guys just had every single kit buffed up to exotic quality last patch. I think at this point it’s time to ask if there is actually anything the developers can do that you won’t whine about.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

Posted by: Parlourbeatflex.5970

Parlourbeatflex.5970

Checking through gw2lfg……

No post directly calling out engis.

I think what happened was a one time thing, you might see similar stuff pop up from time to time but as this issue is about player perception rather than game mechanics I think its safe to say that balance isnt the ONLY thing causing this.

What i do see is multiple posts saying;

Need dps
War or Guard only
sup guard needed
the list could go on….

as i said, its all about player perception. If a group of players believe they need a warrior to make a perfect setup than i dont see what balancing could be done to stop that.

Also, have you people considered the group might be full of engis already?

I made a group the other day and through PUGing i collected 3 thiefs (including myself)… When i posted lf1m i made sure the person wasnt a thief, just so we could at least attempt some team synergy.

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

One person said a bad thing about a class, therefore the class must be bad! ANet, shame on you for your class balancing!

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

Posted by: Mayhem.5324

Mayhem.5324

I don’t even think its as complicated as most of you are making this out to be. It has nothing to do with nerfed skills, useless classes, dps meters or whatever else.

The OP is complaining about what he was told by 1 person who didn’t want an engineer in his group. If I did that just based on some of the absolutely absurd demands/comments I see in LFG.com I would never play the game, I’d spend all my time making posts like this.

So someone didn’t want your class in his group for whatever reason, whether founded or unfounded. I had someone give me crap, in a group, because I didn’t have at least 15 AR for a FotM 10 run. When I told him 10 AR is more than sufficient for level 10, I was called a noob and removed from the group.

Not a single moment of sleep was lost that night.

You’re gonna run into them.

Get over it and move on.

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

Posted by: TheAngryLuddite.1834

TheAngryLuddite.1834

You’re gonna run into them.

Get over it and move on.

Actually really great advice.

The majority of my runs are pleasant, with pleasant people.

Every now and then you run into someone that just has to be a jerk about everything. Forgetting about it and moving on is the best thing you can do sometimes.

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

Posted by: Somoe.3621

Somoe.3621

So you see one ignorant idiot and use that as proof that Engi’s are broken/UP?

I’m up to FotM lvl 40 and not ONCE have I seen anyone say “No X (Engi’s/Rangers/etc)” or felt like Engi’s in my team were doing poorly and/or holding us back.

Please stop, you’re flat out wrong.

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

Posted by: Rhysati.4932

Rhysati.4932

For gosh sakes people…this thread is over 2 months old. Ignore the necro that summoned it from the grave please.

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

Posted by: SneakyErvin.3056

SneakyErvin.3056

Even if the thread got necroed its still quite an important topic.

Mostly when classes are seen as bad, its because of personal experience, people try them but cant play them, so the class must be bad. When in fact, those classes have a steaper learning curve than others.

Ranger, elementalist, engi and necro mostly.

The thing is, most of the people that stick to those classes all the way up and then beyond 80 are usually pretty darn good at them. Sure you get the few odd bads here and there that power level through crafting or similar and dont have a feel for the class.

Let Valkyries guide me to my destiny.

"LF1M FotM, no engies"

Posted by: Zoey Hellry.7298

Zoey Hellry.7298

Just did AC the other day with 4 Engis and a guard. Mobs and bosses were falling so quickly. We crused through it. The amount of heals, conditions, anb DPS was rediculous. One of the best runs ever.