LFG Tool Beta - Is it really out there?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lufe.8160

Lufe.8160

Although I’m quite excited about the new LFG Tool, I haven’t found any guild member, any server member, any internet article, any forum post, any blog, and any video of someone that is actually in the LFG Tool Beta. Since two days have passed since launch, I can’t stop thinking that it hasn’t been released at all.

Anyone with better luck of finding or being a Beta participant?

Posted by: Bismuth.3165

Bismuth.3165

Well, if anyone deserved it should be people who do dungeons a lot and have played this game for a while, yet nobody that I know of got beta access, and I know people who did arah p4 more than 40 times -_-… anywho, assuming just a handful of people got access to the LFG tool I don’t know why anet had to anounce it, why couldn’t they just implement it in the next patch and give everyone access to it.

Jeeha (ele) and Jeeha The Warrior
Is currently emotionally unstable because Breaking Bad is over

Posted by: Zeldain.5710

Zeldain.5710

It’s probably not too smart to “test” a tool without too many folks in the test… not sure what’s up here.

Posted by: Gallrvaghn.4921

Gallrvaghn.4921

I call hoax.

But yeah, don’t know anyone who has access to it or maybe they’re not aware of it unless there’s some sort of in game message to tell you that you got chosen to try out the LFG beta. Who knows.

“The boss you just killed respawns ten minutes
later. It doesn’t care that I’m there.”

Posted by: Daywolf.2630

Daywolf.2630

It’s probably not too smart to “test” a tool without too many folks in the test… not sure what’s up here.

That’s called in-house testing. This is called we don’t have in-house testing beyond rough concept testing.

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Yeah.. it’s a bit suspicious. I’m beginning to think that the LFG tool was simply not ready and they made up this beta excuse as a cover to give themselves more time. (And the let a couple testers into the “beta” so that they’re not outright lying.)

Posted by: Nova Stiker.8396

Nova Stiker.8396

I’ve been playing since closed beta, I have 2 legendary weapons, I don’t know anyone who uses it let alone have it :\

ArenaNet lied about adding features in the update notes before.

(edited by Nova Stiker.8396)

Posted by: Moka.9641

Moka.9641

My theory is that they chose a very low number of testers (like less than 500). They got unlucky and it ended up on inactive accounts/players who are not playing the game anymore.

[AW]- The Holy Engineer

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

One of my guildies has access to it. AFAIK he hasn’t used it yet.

Posted by: Lufe.8160

Lufe.8160

Good to know someone has it! =D

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

Oh great. So they make it for limited players, and leave everyone else out. They should’ve had an opt-in signup for active accounts.

Posted by: eisberg.2379

eisberg.2379

1 of my guildies has it as well, but he hasn’t used it either cause he doesn’t do dungeons anymore.

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

Everyone will have it soon enough. I think that if everything goes well at the end of two weeks everyone will have it.

They did a similar thing with the trading post at launch. (I was actually one of the lucky ones that time.)

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

Posted by: KratosAngel.7289

KratosAngel.7289

Honestly, we still have gw2lfg available and we have waited for over 1 year for this, can’t you just wait an extra couple of days ? Or do you prefer a bugged tool ?
Their approach with this, just as they did with BLTC is very good : more and more ppl will have access to it as it proves working.
If it takes longer, it means that it’s not behaving properly with a “low” number of testers.
Definitely prefer that to a full bugged, useless tool.

Posted by: Daywolf.2630

Daywolf.2630

That sounds random. If that’s the case, probably mostly being tested on banned botter accounts…

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

Well, a LFG tool where 99,9% of the players are not included is kinda useless tbh.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

Posted by: Erick Alastor.3917

Erick Alastor.3917

Dunno why I’m not surprised, lol

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
- Mike Obrien

Posted by: Eurhetemec.9052

Eurhetemec.9052

Well, a LFG tool where 99,9% of the players are not included is kinda useless tbh.

Sure, but staged roll-outs are a very sensible approach. When you’re putting in new functionality or software, you don’t necessarily give it to all users at the same time – you might give it to a few, see how it goes, then to a larger group, then a larger, and so on, until eventually everyone has it.

As noted, they did this before with the TP, too.

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

Sure, but staged roll-outs are a very sensible approach. When you’re putting in new functionality or software, you don’t necessarily give it to all users at the same time – you might give it to a few, see how it goes, then to a larger group, then a larger, and so on, until eventually everyone has it.

As noted, they did this before with the TP, too.

1/ with the TP this was done too and to great success

2/ however as vayne says, if the selection is so small that no one uses it, it might be doa because no one uses it. People ain’t gonna use an empty tool regardless of the user base.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Posted by: Rikishi.7285

Rikishi.7285

Well, if anyone deserved it should be people who do dungeons a lot and have played this game for a while, yet nobody that I know of got beta access, and I know people who did arah p4 more than 40 times -_-… anywho, assuming just a handful of people got access to the LFG tool I don’t know why anet had to anounce it, why couldn’t they just implement it in the next patch and give everyone access to it.

On the contrary, they should have made it (probably did) for people who do not do dungeons that often, because the people like you describe often already have established parties and/or use sites like gw2lfg. This should be aimed at people who do not do dungeons.

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

They are going to give it to the speedrunners..the “cool” guys of GW2. The ’Dulfy’s of the world(not saying shes a speed runner, but shes in Arenanets inner circle it seems).

I logged in last night soley to see if my account had been selected for the LFG beta. Nope. Logged off.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

Must be a robust tool if like 1 player has access, can really test it out. Only need 1 peep to be in a group, yeah.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

Seems like if you are lucky enough to have the LFG beta (which no one I know or have heard of does), then you can find a party amongst the 25 or so people that do have access. /sarcasm

Ridiculous…

Posted by: Vitus Dance.4509

Vitus Dance.4509

Yet another GW2 letdown – why are we so surprised?

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Clearly they planned for it to be released and it’s not quite ready for prime time. You can be disappointed by a schedule overrun if you like, but that’s programming for you.

I’ve seen many launches of entire games pushed back because it took longer to get going than they expected.

I’m not sure how this is different.

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

Clearly they planned for it to be released and it’s not quite ready for prime time. You can be disappointed by a schedule overrun if you like, but that’s programming for you.

I’ve seen many launches of entire games pushed back because it took longer to get going than they expected.

I wouldn’t be disappointed as much if they just said they need some more time to work out the bugs and held the release back because of that. Not this false sense of ‘beta’ release.

Besides…. it’s only been over a year now…. patience is running thin from most on this issue.

gw2lfg.com is still there for me.

Posted by: Eurhetemec.9052

Eurhetemec.9052

Because they hyped the hell out of it, Vayne, and instead of apologising and saying “Actually no lfg for almost everyone…”, they put in a little note about it being only given to some people, which many people missed, and it’s so few people most people don’t even know anyone who has it.

They should NOT have hyped it – yet they were hyping it right up to the day it “went live”.

I’m sure it’ll be in eventually but some communication on this would be relaly good.

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

I’m annoyed that it’s being delayed longer than we were originally told as much as any one else.

But.

People mention the market. But we’re all forgetting how often it was down during the first 2 months. It worked maybe 1 hour a day because 3 million people were all trying to use it at once. Which is the reason why they had to let people have access to it in waves.

I think they are taking that precaution with the LFG early. Instead of just giving it to everyone. And then having it instantly go down because everyone in the game is trying to use it at all at once.

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

It’s understandable they want to push it out slowly and polish things. But a LFG tool is kinda meaningless if not enough people participate on it.

Say 1000 people in BETA.
Half is offline = 500
Half in EU = 250
1/5 need to lfg = 50
1/10 want to play the same dungeon = 5
You can find exactly 5 people for your party lol.

fellyn.5083

It’s understandable they want to push it out slowly and polish things. But a LFG tool is kinda meaningless if not enough people participate on it.

Say 1000 people in BETA.
Half is offline = 500
Half in EU = 250
1/5 need to lfg = 50

I’m fairly certain it’s more than 1000. And it wouldn’t be split between NA and EU like that. That wouldn’t make any sense.

It would be nice if Anet told us their roll out plan numbers though.

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

Couldn’t they have just given it to dungeon masters?

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

fellyn.5083

What purpose would that serve? You do realize that the LFG tool is and can be used for more than just finding parties for dungeons right?

It can be used in wvw or fractals or just for open world events. So why would giving it to people who just run dungeons help anything?

Posted by: timmyf.1490

timmyf.1490

1) Stop assuming you know how many people have access to it and then drawing conclusions from there
2) A slow rollout is better than a full rollout where the tool is completely broken
3) The decision to do a slow rollout is based on the many problems they’ve had in the past, so this should be an example of them learning and doing better, not an example of abject failure

PS ArenaNet look I’m defending you can I have LFG now purtyplease?

Karaoke – Guild Leader – [MEGA] Super Mega Happy Fun Time
www.getunicorned.com / northernshiverpeaks.org

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

What purpose would that serve? You do realize that the LFG tool is and can be used for more than just finding parties for dungeons right?

It can be used in wvw or fractals or just for open world events. So why would giving it to people who just run dungeons help anything?

Because gw2lfg is used mostly by people running dungeons.

Or do you think it’s better now where it’s completely random?

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

Posted by: Joshua.9346

Joshua.9346

It’s great that ArenaNet has such a fantastic relationship with their player base! I’ve never seen such an amazing level of communication between customer and provider!

Afya.5842

Say 1000 people in BETA.
Half is offline = 500
Half in EU = 250
1/5 need to lfg = 50

I’m fairly certain it’s more than 1000. And it wouldn’t be split between NA and EU like that. That wouldn’t make any sense.

I’m half trolling, but I never met a person that is in. Below is more guessing:

According to chinese number, 2.5mil players in a week
/7 = 357142 per day
IF 1/50 is in beta (which I don’t think is too low from observation): 357142/50 = 7142
Still isn’t that many.

I think they have to split EU/NA because of how party system works.

Posted by: Joshua.9346

Joshua.9346

2) A slow rollout is better than a full rollout where the tool is completely broken

Is it? I mean, if we’re talking about a half-competent, well payed company, how many things can a LFG Tool break? I mean, ok, they implement it and it doesn’t work properly at release. As long as it’s not breaking any other parts of the game, who cares? And if they release it and it turns out broken, doesn’t that put more pressure on them to get a long overdue, standard feature up-and-running?

Posted by: Xcom.1926

Xcom.1926

Don’t mind if it is late, but they should let us know the status.

Oh and I don’t buy the “my friend has it” or “my guild mate has it”, unless you have it and can prove it. I don’t believe it.

Posted by: timmyf.1490

timmyf.1490

Below is more guessing:

/7 = 357142 per day
IF 1/50 is in beta (which I don’t think is too low from observation): 357142/50 = 7142
Still isn’t that many.

Just a very simple example of how your guessing is totally pointless:

2,500,000 players per week does not equal 357,142 players per day. It could be 1,000,000 that are on daily, 1,000,000 that play most days, and 500,000 that only log on once a week on weekends.

So even if your completely ridiculous assumption of 1/50 were correct, that could mean 1/50 of 2,000,000 on weekdays. Which would be 40,000.

The point is that you have no clue and guessing is useless. Just be patient and you’ll get LFG too.

Karaoke – Guild Leader – [MEGA] Super Mega Happy Fun Time
www.getunicorned.com / northernshiverpeaks.org

Afya.5842

Below is more guessing:

/7 = 357142 per day
Still isn’t that many.

Just a very simple example of how your guessing is totally pointless:

2,500,000 players per week does not equal 357,142 players per day. It could be 1,000,000 that are on daily, 1,000,000 that play most days, and 500,000 that only log on once a week on weekends.

So even if your completely ridiculous assumption of 1/50 were correct, that could mean 1/50 of 2,000,000 on weekdays. Which would be 40,000.

The point is that you have no clue and guessing is useless. Just be patient and you’ll get LFG too.

Yep, waiting and finding something to post on forum is exactly what I’m doing.

Xcom.1926

Say 1000 people in BETA.
Half is offline = 500
Half in EU = 250
1/5 need to lfg = 50

I’m half trolling, but I never met a person that is in. Below is more guessing:

/7 = 357142 per day
Still isn’t that many.

There is no way the number is that high when so many servers are absolutely desolate like mine (ET)

It was 2.5 million “hits” not players. So if you log into the game 10 times during the week you are counted 10 times. So let us say 200,000 players log into the game 10 times during a week it would be 2 million.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1j6bkv/interesting_figures_about_guild_wars_2_from_the/cbcd8qo

Regardless, as the above poster said, we just can’t divide players by 7 and get a daily number due to duplication.

fellyn.5083

Because gw2lfg is used mostly by people running dungeons.

Or do you think it’s better now where it’s completely random?

So because gw2lfg, a third party website that has nothing to do with or is not run by Anet is used mostly by people who run dungeons the actual in game LFG tool which has more uses than just looking for dungeon groups should only be given to people looking for dungeon groups?

That doesn’t make any sense.

fellyn.5083

Is it? I mean, if we’re talking about a half-competent, well payed company, how many things can a LFG Tool break? I mean, ok, they implement it and it doesn’t work properly at release. As long as it’s not breaking any other parts of the game, who cares? And if they release it and it turns out broken, doesn’t that put more pressure on them to get a long overdue, standard feature up-and-running?

There are lots of things it can break. Like the entire friends list system. Which is connected to just about every other system in the game. And because it’s all cross server..

It’s better this way. We’ve gone more than year without it so a few more weeks won’t hurt anyone.

Posted by: Murderous Clown.9723

Murderous Clown.9723

At some point this evening I was added to the beta. There only seem to be the odd dungeon party on there though.

Jimibabob – Valkyries of Dwayna [VoD]
Piken Square

Posted by: Lafiel.9372

Lafiel.9372

I have it but it’s pretty empty.

Xcom.1926

Can anyone explain why it doesn’t have like a queue system like in sPvP? You solo queue for a dungeon and it puts you in a group?

Posted by: MrRuin.9740

MrRuin.9740

I got added to the beta at some point tonight. Looks very good, I like the set up.
Ofc, its pretty empty due to not everyone having it, but I see some AC groups and a couple people doing map completes. Looks pretty well like an in-game gw2lfg.com
This’ll be very good when everyone has it

Posted by: Lord Azazel.8703

Lord Azazel.8703

I got in tonight also. Just wondering about something.

Is the LFG tool only for your server or does it connect to all the servers in NA or EU ?. So that I could party up with someone from say Tc and someone from Sor ?

Posted by: UrMom.4205

UrMom.4205

got into it tonight, joined a party in wvw, awesome sauce

Team Raven [TR](Dead)
Wu Táng Financial [Táng] – YB

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I got in tonight also. Just wondering about something.

Is the LFG tool only for your server or does it connect to all the servers in NA or EU ?. So that I could party up with someone from say Tc and someone from Sor ?

Any server in your region.

NA can not group with EU and EU can not group with NA, otherwise anything goes.

Same as it’s been since launch. well technically you can group with people cross region, but you’ll get all sorts of crazy error messages when you try and enter the dungeon, none of which will actually tell you that your region is the problem.