LFG dungeons?

LFG dungeons?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Egrimm Van Horstmann.7921

Egrimm Van Horstmann.7921

Frankly the LFG system for dungeons is the worst I’ve ever seen in a game. Groups can get merged when some want an experienced run and others don’t have much knowledge of the dungeon. So you wind up in a group of impatient people expecting you to know dungeons or thought it was a more forgiving group. And basically it’s a terrible experience for all involved. This system is the absolute worst I’ve ever had the displeasure to deal with. If Anet can’t be bothered to fix the problems can they at least allow dungeons to scale down to small even one person groups. I’ve only been able to run the dungeon I want gear from three times and it’s not getting any better. Even if I could only get 20 tokens vs the 100 I normally get I would be happy running it multiple times without it being nothing more than a massive headache for content that isn’t even current anymore. It’s no surprise that nobody’s running dungeons regularly.

LFG dungeons?

Posted by: cdnmouse.3406

cdnmouse.3406

In the LFG do you not have the option to add a title to your listing? So you say “Exp party” or “New Players” or “Story” ect…

If you join a party with a group title that doesn’t suite you needs, then if you get any flak for it, it is kind of your fault.

i am fairly new to the game, and have joined many LGF dungeons groups, and I just look for the ones that have the appropriate titles. If no title, I don’t join.

LFG dungeons?

Posted by: Silvatar.5379

Silvatar.5379

I am confused as to what the problem is. Groups only merge if someone in the party chooses to merge them. If the others in the party do not want to merge they can leave to make their own group or you can kick them. If you only want to run with exp people, state so in the LFG. If you only want a run with relaxed, chill people, just say that everyone is welcome in the LFG.

In other words, the problem is not with the system but with how people are using it. Just state in the LFG what type of people you want to run with. And if someone crashes your party with different expectations than what was advertised, kick them.

The reason why so few people run dungeons is that the content is old and the rewards are not as attractive as other options.

LFG dungeons?

The tags in LFG don’t allow groups to choose which kind of run their looking for. And the option to Merge doesn’t give anyone notice of what the groups tag is that you’re merging with. It makes LFG less coop cohesive. If it’s a speed run vs a more casual or explorative run there is no distinction on the merge. LFG can create a hostile environment if this isn’t reigned in. You can’t out level material, so there is no quote easy mode for those interested in the backstory or just the skins of gear in older content. It would be beneficial to allot material to scale vs the group size to give more readily access to this part of the game.

LFG dungeons?

Posted by: Westenev.5289

Westenev.5289

I’ll pass on a bit of advice a friend gave me awhile ago. When posting an lfg, spice it up with something simple. Even adding a simple phrase like “grupsuk” at the end of an lfg will typically stop the ragequitters or silent people from joining.

If you are a ragequitter or silent person, I don’t know what improves your experience.

Personally, I don’t think dungeons are elitest or popular enough to be thrown into teirs. Anet dividing the community won’t fix dungeons – all they can do is make them more appealing to play via rewards or updates (which they won’t, given their shift towards fractals). Beyond this, I think it’s a community problem.

LFG dungeons?

Posted by: Ballistic.2570

Ballistic.2570

Just put ‘pls don’t merge this party with an exp run’ in your LFGs.

LFG dungeons?

Westenev.5289

I not talking about teirs more of if there is less members scale down the health, loot, and damage of mobs by respective (they already do this with certain mobs in open world). It wouldn’t be different modes so much as a way to play content at a pace that’s not so hectic to step into blind. This wouldn’t be for current content, more for older dungeons (if they make new ones). There is a lot of story and architecture (they put a lot of effort into creating) seems like such a shame to not open it up to more players. I remember fondly running old content in a game I played years ago and being able to see the stories, lore, and the architecture really added to the game experience. Some of dungeons have really cool aesthetics that you just don’t get the opportunity to slow down and appreciate.

LFG dungeons?

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Westenev.5289

I not talking about teirs more of if there is less members scale down the health, loot, and damage of mobs by respective (they already do this with certain mobs in open world). It wouldn’t be different modes so much as a way to play content at a pace that’s not so hectic to step into blind. This wouldn’t be for current content, more for older dungeons (if they make new ones). There is a lot of story and architecture (they put a lot of effort into creating) seems like such a shame to not open it up to more players. I remember fondly running old content in a game I played years ago and being able to see the stories, lore, and the architecture really added to the game experience. Some of dungeons have really cool aesthetics that you just don’t get the opportunity to slow down and appreciate.

So make your own LFG saying sight-seeing casual run, we’re going slow to see the content and get people who play like you.

The game doesn’t have to be reprogrammed. People need to take more initiatve.

I do casual fun dungeon runs sometimes, watching all cut scenes, never had a single problem.

LFG dungeons?

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

Basically LFG usage was, and is as follows:

USED ABBREVATIONS IN LFG (Looking For Group)

GENERAL (appicable in all LFG’s for PVE)

Open all people & builds & lvls from minimum lvl to max level allowed.
Exp experienced players only (know the mechanics)
Zerk max (physcial) dmg builds only
Meta Metabuilds only, genrally also meaning present meta comp (1Zerk,1 chrono,1 Druid,2 DPS)
min l35 minimum level
l80 max level requirement
#kAP achievement point requirement (no longer in use and considered offensive)
title or -title name- exaples: Unclean, Eternal required title
food mandatory use of food & utility: no food = kick, using magic find food or low level food tends to get you kicked as well
1st, 1st timer, newb, teaching run new players, with no experience, will watch movies
viper (max) Condi builds only (not advised for dungeons!)
or kick! “Will enforce my rules, so you better take it seriously!”
We have cookies! : We will not be difficult
need #war, #grd, #druid, #ele, #thief, #Msm, #Chr We need a specific class

Sometimes you’ll see language requests, PL, IT or RUS and these refer to languages in this case Polish, Italian and Russian. This has to do with people not familiar with english and thus having problems communicating, This can cause problems with kicks and blocks if you do not respect ’m and it will not be possible to have this altered easily if you cannot speak the languages yourself.

DUNGEONS

AC, Arah, CoF, CoE, CM, HotW, SE, TA Dungeon names (no longer relevant in LFG)
p1,2,3,4 dungeon’s explorable paths (except for TA: FW, UP and/or Aether), any combination possible, nromal ’s are COF 1,2, SE 1,3
nightrun , nighttour (CoF,CoE,SE,TA,AC)
dungeon tour All dungeons, all paths (= very rare nowadays)
full all paths with regard to the dungeon , e.g. “AC Full”
story story mode, e.g. “HotW story”
movies will watch all cutscenes
noskip will kill all mobs
fastrun / speedrun will use as many skips as possible, stacking and so on. Dungeon utility and dungeon (weapon)-set preferred.
(sigil of night and force for nightdungeons or force and slaying sigil for daydungeons.)

FRACTALS

number fractal level
daily tier # (t#’s) all daily fractals form tier
daily rec daily recomended fractals
potions Use of fractal potions required
CM challenge mode.

RAIDS

###LI Minimal amount of Legendary Insights
-no requirement for traininbg
- 25 for low skill req,
- 50 for basic kills,
- 100 for experienced kills,
- 200 for wings and
- 250+ for full runs
(legendary armor is 150 LI)
kp Kill proof (boss tokens, not LI), titles also work, and envoy armor is a sign you finished the 1st 3 wings, legendary armor shows you should have finished all 4 wings. Eternal (title) shows competence in wing 1, challengemode titles/gearboxes suggest ppl know what to do in relevant bosses. Oh and MINI’S AND WEAPONS are -not- KP!

Rules of Conduct:

• ASK a party if they’d mind a join, if you consider it. Be sure you do not join with a group for a different dungeon, tier of fractals or with way higher or lower expectations. Doublecheck before clicking.
  • This does require people to read the LFG, which seems more difficult in the weekends compared to weekdays. failure to comply may or may not result in a kick.
  • Just reading the LFG’s will lower the amount of grief and comments. If I am prepared to make LFG with many requirements it will take longer to fill.
  • Please respect the requirements.
  • To respect fellow players and not join groups not complying with your skill/ level/gear whatever is a matter of courtesy.
  • If someone joins on a class other then the ones specifed in a list, you’ll be asked to swap, or you notify your party you’ll swap on join or ASAP after.
  • If people are trying to get your attention and you do not reply , expect this to result in a kick, in a cooperative game it’s a problem if you do not communicate

I hope this was informing.

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

(edited by PaxTheGreatOne.9472)

LFG dungeons?

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

I am confused as to what the problem is.

The OP explained the problem they have pretty well. Why does it confuse you?

They stated clearly that they are having an issue with party members being able to merge their group with another one, even though one group’s description says “exp only”, the other one’s doesn’t, which leads to newbies being bullied when they don’t live up to expectations.

LFG dungeons?

Posted by: Cyndercat.5120

Cyndercat.5120

The tags in LFG don’t allow groups to choose which kind of run their looking for. And the option to Merge doesn’t give anyone notice of what the groups tag is that you’re merging with. It makes LFG less coop cohesive. If it’s a speed run vs a more casual or explorative run there is no distinction on the merge. LFG can create a hostile environment if this isn’t reigned in. You can’t out level material, so there is no quote easy mode for those interested in the backstory or just the skins of gear in older content. It would be beneficial to allot material to scale vs the group size to give more readily access to this part of the game.

Theyre never going to make dungeons scale as dungeons are dead content as far as ANET is concerned. They will never get updates or development and the only reason they haven’t been removed from the game is the outcry from the community would be too huge.

I think its a resonable suggestion to have official exp or casual tags but it seems abit unnecessary for me. It wouldnt stop people who want to join the wrong group from merging as the game cant read peoples intentions for the run. Personally I find the ability to write your own group description, and kick people who dont follow them enough.

If you issue is you just dont want to play group content then im afraid dungeons arent for you.

LFG dungeons?

Posted by: Westenev.5289

Westenev.5289

Dungeons, as they are, are one of the easiest pieces of content in the game – and are a focal point for new players to meet more experienced players. This allows newbies to ask important questions – like “what is that blue bar under the bosses health guage?”

Why do we want to ruin this by watering it down into open world garbage? Nobody is going to want to learn higher level play from that.

Most of the dungeon community I have met have been positive, and at times quite amusing. Most people are willing to put up with a little inefficiancy, if the person learns from it – isn’t that the guildwars spirit that got us into the game in the first place?

(edited by Westenev.5289)

LFG dungeons?

Ballistic.2570

TA is a daytime dungeon sodium levels rising xD xD xD

LFG dungeons?

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

I am pretty sure

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Twilight_Arbor_

General Tips:

“This dungeon is set to night time, so players can use a Sigil of the Night for bonus damage.”

No salt needed, I do not need to strain my kidneys.

Luckily the sodium didn’t affect my brain =D

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

(edited by PaxTheGreatOne.9472)

LFG dungeons?

Ballistic.2570

I am pretty sure

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Twilight_Arbor_

General Tips:

“This dungeon is set to night time, so players can use a Sigil of the Night for bonus damage.”

No salt needed, I do not need to strain my kidneys.

Luckily the sodium didn’t affect my brain =D

But it’s so bright coughs awkwardly