LFG message = spam!?

LFG message = spam!?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: illo.5106

illo.5106

Hi,

it’s really annoying, that LFG messages are treated as spam, if you post them too often!

Usually this happens, if you edit your LFG message – e.g. you are looking for special classes and you have to re-edit the message or you have to do a new LFG, because people can’t read and join your group.

Of course you can work around this by letting another group member post it, but it’s unnecessary annoying.

LFG message = spam!?

Posted by: Sandpit.3467

Sandpit.3467

Any reason why you can’t use the LFG tool?

LFG message = spam!?

Posted by: GROMIT.7829

GROMIT.7829

I’m guessing he kicks people out of his party under 8k AP a lot and can’t advertise the party fast enough to repeat it again.

!!!! YOU’RE NOT MY SUPERVISOR !!!!

LFG message = spam!?

illo.5106

Any reason why you can’t use the LFG tool?

You can use it, but you can’t edit the LFG message anymore if you changed it too often. That’s the problem.

I’m guessing he kicks people out of his party under 8k AP a lot and can’t advertise the party fast enough to repeat it again.

Nah, my/our limit isn’t that high.

LFG message = spam!?

Posted by: MrRuin.9740

MrRuin.9740

Hi,

it’s really annoying, that LFG messages are treated as spam, if you post them too often!

And for the rest of us, it’s annoying to see you spam "lfg!’ ‘lfg!’ “lfg!” over and over. I’m glad its under the spam suppression.

LFG message = spam!?

Posted by: hendo.1940

hendo.1940

Hi,

And for the rest of us, it’s annoying to see you spam "lfg!’ ‘lfg!’ “lfg!” over and over. I’m glad its under the spam suppression.

Except it’s only on the actual LFG tool, not on the map chat so if you’re getting annoyed then it’s entirely self imposed and you should try to resist whatever your urge is to go on to whatever instance the OP is advertising for.

Rezardi – [DnT]
Game over, yo.

LFG message = spam!?

Posted by: MrRuin.9740

MrRuin.9740

Hi,

Except it’s only on the actual LFG tool, not on the map chat so if you’re getting annoyed then it’s entirely self imposed and you should try to resist whatever your urge is to go on to whatever instance the OP is advertising for.

I am entirely in the wrong here, though it looks like I’m not the only one who made the mistake.
I thought he had meant spamming “lfg” in the common and map chats, like some people do.

LFG message = spam!?

Posted by: Ravenmoon.5318

Ravenmoon.5318

Given there is a LFG system, yes…such messages are considered SPAM

LFG message = spam!?

illo.5106

I thought he had meant spamming “lfg” in the common and map chats, like some people do.

Nope, if it would be chat spam, I’d understand a spam protection. This way, you just get punished for other players faults (e.g. not reading the description, so you have to repost and can’t properly because of the spam protection).

LFG message = spam!?

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

I’ve got to agree with the OP here.

Also, I really wonder why I get spam-blocked if I go to a place with no players or even NPC’s nearby and preview different pieces of equipment with the help of chatcodes in /say. Or when I ask if someone’s up for toypocalypse like two times in 4 minutes. On the other hand, I’ve seen players spam the same emote like 50 times in one minute in front of the bank in LA, making it impossible to read anything that’s actually written in chat, without getting spam-blocked.

LFG message = spam!?

Posted by: korelg.7862

korelg.7862

what? does people use AP as a skill measure? really?!

LFG message = spam!?

illo.5106

@korelg.7862
Go away and troll somewhere else with your offtopic comments.

LFG message = spam!?

Posted by: korelg.7862

korelg.7862

@korelg.7862
Go away and troll somewhere else with your offtopic comments.

sorry OP, it just took me off guard…

regarding the issue, well yeah that spam filter(?) should be removed or at least increase the range of detection, it also happens that if you join a couple of parties in a short period of time it will block you off, that also should go away

LFG message = spam!?

Posted by: Darkobra.6439

Darkobra.6439

what? does people use AP as a skill measure? really?!

Yeah, the other bads.