LFG tool coming soon!!!!

LFG tool coming soon!!!!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: No Walking.6349

No Walking.6349

Data miners, gotta love them LFG tool will be coming soon, along with a new PvP map called Skyhammer and lots of other goodies. Check it out.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/05/29/guild-wars-2-data-mining-finds-evidence-of-lfg-tool/

LFG tool coming soon!!!!

Posted by: ShinraGuardian.8053

ShinraGuardian.8053

probably just found the current really really bad LFG tool thats already in game.

Dragonbrand
Elementalist
The Dragonfly Effect [Phi]

LFG tool coming soon!!!!

No Walking.6349

Considering there isn’t a LFG tool at all….I doubt it lol.

LFG tool coming soon!!!!

Posted by: ShinraGuardian.8053

ShinraGuardian.8053

There is. You have to set your online status to “LFG” then if someone hits Y (or whatever their friends list hotkey is) and then click the Looking for Group tab, you see the list fo people in your zone “LFG”.

Only problem is, it doesn’t tell you for what, and I’m not even sure its entirely zone wide, probably within a certain range.

Dragonbrand
Elementalist
The Dragonfly Effect [Phi]

LFG tool coming soon!!!!

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

Considering there isn’t a LFG tool at all….I doubt it lol.

There technically is actually, it is just not like most other MMO’s. But they said they were working on a better one, and this could be it. Kind of wish things wouldn’t be datamined though, I like surprises. And sometimes they see things that won’t be ready for weeks, months, years.. and get hopes up for nothing. I feel like dataminers in MMO’s are like those kids who sneak downstairs on Christmas and open up all the presents and get grounded the next day. Except these guys don’t get grounded.

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

LFG tool coming soon!!!!

No Walking.6349

They aren’t doing anything wrong. MMO companies keep their players in the dark about everything anyways. They wait to release new features until the time of year that they can make a profit, things like that.

LFG tool coming soon!!!!

Geotherma.2395

They aren’t doing anything wrong. MMO companies keep their players in the dark about everything anyways. They wait to release new features until the time of year that they can make a profit, things like that.

I didn’t say they were doing anything wrong, I just feel like it ruins the surprise. In this instance you can’t even avoid finding out because everyone will talk about it or it is in the title. We need spoilers :P

Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF

LFG tool coming soon!!!!

Posted by: Excursion.9752

Excursion.9752

| 80 (Guardian) Rusty Tooth | 80 (Warrior) Razer Tooth | 80 (Ranger) Eir Stegallkin |
| 80 (Mesmer) Brook Envision | 80 (Thief) Kuro Rin |

LFG tool coming soon!!!!

No Walking.6349

LFG tool coming soon!!!!

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

I was wondering how they were going to swing that with Wildstar coming out with all of the tools GW2 should have already. I watched the video on youtube about the datamined UI elements with all the fixins on Wildstar basically everything we expected in GW2 will be in Wildstar at launch.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

LFG tool coming soon!!!!

No Walking.6349

I was wondering how they were going to swing that with Wildstar coming out with all of the tools GW2 should have already. I watched the video on youtube about the datamined UI elements with all the fixins on Wildstar basically everything we expected in GW2 will be in Wildstar at launch.

They say that about every MMO that comes out ever, lots of promises and hopes before launch. Same happened with GW2.

LFG tool coming soon!!!!

Geotherma.2395

They say that about every MMO that comes out ever, lots of promises and hopes before launch. Same happened with GW2.

I have hope that after Wildstar releases it will be a good time to work on or finish the expansion for GW2.

LFG tool coming soon!!!!

No Walking.6349

I have hope that after Wildstar releases it will be a good time to work on or finish the expansion for GW2.

Or move onto TESO lol.

LFG tool coming soon!!!!

Geotherma.2395

Or move onto TESO lol.

Nah :P I won’t probably ever leave GW2 as long as they don’t get too bad. I mean after all it is free. I will play teso, and definitely sub to FFXIV with high hopes lol. But no point in leaving a game I already paid for unless it has sent me to the very depths of my soul and then nuked it.. like some games.. ::aion:: cough-cough.

LFG tool coming soon!!!!

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

probably just found the current really really bad LFG tool thats already in game.

No, this one has reference to looking for specific dungeons and such. The current one is just a blue flag that shows up next to your name.

This is definitely not the same thing.

LFG tool coming soon!!!!

Posted by: Parlourbeatflex.5970

Parlourbeatflex.5970

Well, another kittening set of RNG skins is annoying. Hopefully there will be ways within game to acquire them BUT i doubt that at this point.

LFG tool sounds great, really dont know why it hasnt been released thus far, as the non hotjoin lfg concept is something that was talked about a lot in the beta – The exact functions being stuff fans suggested years ago. But hey, better late than never i guess.

Skyhammer sounds really interesting, however time will tell whether the secondary objective will just become a boring sideshow with no meta game at all.

I for one have been eyeing up a few MMOs that could now potentially replace GW2 as my main. Wildstar looks amazing, however Im unsure as to certain traditional mechanics will play now I have been pretty spoilt by gw2s take on trading and bank storage, just to name a few of the little things that dont put useless restriction on you as a player.
Firefall is also looking like the twitch MMO to keep your eyes and TESO is shaping a lot better than I predicted it too. Removal of gear restrictions and cooldowns is a breath of fresh air, especially when that system is replaced by a real elder scrolls mechanic. Health, stamina and magicka. Thank god WoW and its traditions are slowly dying, were beginning to see the true modern era of MMOs.
And then theres archeage… Haha a fleeting dream that seems too good to be true and most likely is. Especially if the west never sees it.

What im saying is where as I’d never delete GW2 from my HD, and I would most likely buy every expansion it releases… its in trouble of being sidelined by something that delivers a lot more, a lot better. I guess time will tell.

LFG tool coming soon!!!!

Posted by: Cameirus.8407

Cameirus.8407

If its not a proper fully fledged automated LFG then they may aswell not bother. As people can just use GW2lfg.com

I want an LFG on par with WoW, Rift, Swtor, NWO and many other MMOs. For GW2 not to have such a basic tool is appalling.