LFG tool cooldown

LFG tool cooldown

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

Err your cooldown preventing us from using the lfg to join parties too often is a bit over the top.. by over the top i mean i havent been able to join a party for the last 20mins.

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia

LFG tool cooldown

Posted by: Celtus.8456

Celtus.8456

Yeah that is a bit ridiculous. I understand the design intent must have been to prevent trolls from inserting themselves into random groups on LFG constantly to annoy people. But that cooldown is excessive. Honestly I think the thing should be redesigned by having the LFG interface expanded upon a bit. Include a tab where the advertising group can see incoming requests to join, and they can accept or deny them from there.

The current implementation of barging into a LFG party by inviting yourself feels a bit forced. Yes we don’t want to promote elitism, but I think it can be done without treading too far in that direction.

Josre
Zulu Ox Tactics [zulu]

LFG tool cooldown

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

So this happened on my second inflicted cooldown on joining too frequently to clarify and in the end it took about an hour to get rid of.. definitely over the top in my opinion.

Edit: Actually i think it was the first, i might be thinking of when i got put on a cooldown to advertising too frequently when taxiing.

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia

LFG tool cooldown

Posted by: Slapinator.4196

Slapinator.4196

It’s kinda unfair considering the way some maps are getting full like silverwastes

LFG tool cooldown

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

It’s kinda unfair considering the way some maps are getting full like silverwastes

Your name is awesome xexexexe

TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

LFG tool cooldown

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Mhm, and you don’t even actually have to enter a party to trigger it. You simply need to click the button.

Back when SW was really pumping I did it for a while. Would do the breach then VW and then try to find a new map. Well about 3 times of that and suddenly I was locked out. Ok, whatever I thought I’ll take a little break and come back. Came back, went to join a party clicked it, didn’t get in… no biggy, click next group, again apparently people were faster and I don’t get in… and i’m locked out again.

So whatever, fine that’s it for SW for now, I’ll go do some dungeons, welp, nope can’t join those either. So I just figure what the hell I’ll beat on the random map I get into, if it’s dead I’ll try to force a megaserver swap. After like 30-45 mins my LFG is open again, never had luck with my random rolling of maps (most chest trains which I hated).

So time to try my luck again, see a group at less than 50% but advertising 4/4 towers, cool should be good, and won’t fill up so fast that I never actually make it into the group… or so I thought, boom locked out for another hour.

That was the first time I encountered this system, and god I hope it’s the last.