"LFM Berzerker Wars ONLY!!!"

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Darth Llama.9217

Darth Llama.9217

Let people play how they want.

Amen!

If you don’t like these groups then don’t join them. I don’t care for them either, so I just don’t join those groups.. problem solved.

People need to learn to worry more about what they’re doing and less about what others are doing.

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand Binary, and those who don’t.

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

I think it’s undeniable at this point that both guardians and warriors needs to have their survivability nerfed. Warriors less so but it’s still silly that they can afford to go full zerkers while a thief who does it can expect to get instantly downed in just about every single fight. Where is the balance?

Posted by: haxi.9038

haxi.9038

Full zerker warrior with full ascended gear here!
With the high mobility on my gs, I skip mobs without a problem and Explore the world at amazing speeds.
With permanent Party-wide buffs and beefed up banners, I’m invaluable in any dungeon group. And with great utilities(untraited, but still great) at my disposal, I can adapt to any situation.
When fighting certain bosses where ranged combat is prefferred, I swap out my gs for my trusty rifle with shoots out cars. (Nothing like smashing stuff with trucks but shooting cars at your enemies is still great)
And last but not least…
I
DEFINE
DAMAGE
Serious just roll a warrior for PvE. Rolls over your enemies like a truck and sometimes when the road gets too bumpy, just get a couple of trusty guardians to watch your back and roll on!

(edited by haxi.9038)

haxi.9038

And on a side note, idk why everyone is saying AC is so hard.(yea shouldnt be like that for a lvl 35 dungeon) Rolled over it with 2 guards and 3 warrs. But the NPCs coupled with the fact that you had to walk alot in AC makes it really annoying. No matter how fast we were rolling, we still had to wait for npcs to walk etc and sometimes they even bug out, can see why people complain.

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

Honestly, I have no problems whatsoever with warrior profession but Favoring a profession in LFM than the rest are Problematic. It is Obvious by now the majority of the Community knows what defines an Elitist.
You will Never see LFM Ranger or LFM Engineer , Obviously you know why.

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

(edited by Burnfall.9573)

haxi.9038

Honestly, I have no problems whatsoever with warrior profession but Favoring a profession in LFM than the rest are Problematic. It is Obvious by now the majority of the Community knows what defines an Elitist.

Certain professions are indeed better in certain situations, and usually not just a bit better but better by heaps and bounds. Nothing we can do bout it. But thing is, do you not hope for a guardian to appear when you are in that group with 3 rangers?

Difference between you and me is that while you depend on RNG, I take matters into my own hands. Idk why you call it elitist but I just don’t wanna do charity by bringing in weaker professions/magic find users and in doing so, potentially depriving the guardian in my group of his chance at a much smoother run?
Sorry but I don’t wanna bring in potential burdens to give everyone a 30min run. Rather than carrying them in my party(and make new players think that their profession is good. Cruel much?), I want to help them by encouraging them to re-roll.

Ah looks like someone was unlucky enough to roll both a ranger and a engineer? I feel you man my 1st 80 was a ranger(by far the worse in a dungeon engis and necros are still ok imo). The way things are now certain professions are just really lacking, sad but true. wish it weren’t like that. Most people don’t prefer them in a party, Just that some say it while others don’t.

(edited by haxi.9038)

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

Warriors, only good for one dungeon. Soon to be nerfed.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

Posted by: Star Ace.5207

Star Ace.5207

Certain professions are indeed better in certain situations, and usually not just a bit better but better by heaps and bounds. Nothing we can do bout it. But thing is, do you not hope for a guardian to appear when you are in that group with 3 rangers?

Difference between you and me is that while you depend on RNG, I take matters into my own hands. Idk why you call it elitist but I just don’t wanna do charity by bringing in weaker professions/magic find users and in doing so, potentially depriving the guardian in my group of his chance at a much smoother run?
Sorry but I don’t wanna bring in potential burdens to give everyone a 30min run. Rather than carrying them in my party(and make new players think that their profession is good. Cruel much?), I want to help them by encouraging them to re-roll.

Ah looks like someone was unlucky enough to roll both a ranger and a engineer? I feel you man my 1st 80 was a ranger(by far the worse in a dungeon engis and necros are still ok imo). The way things are now certain professions are just really lacking, sad but true. wish it weren’t like that. Most people don’t prefer them in a party, Just that some say it while others don’t.

Speak for yourself, I would play with any Profession combination, as all Professions in good hands have plenty to give to a party situation, no matter how difficult the Dungeon may be. Your exclusivism (some Professions are better than others") is the only cruelty in here-you just believe the lie that they have an innately inferior character just because it’s not the one you think it’s “more powerful.” Five any Profession (the “bad ones” in your expert appraisal) can do any content played well-they need no “carrying” as you are suggesting.

I have a level 80 Guardian, Mesmer, and Warrior, but I didn’t level them up because they were “powerful”; frankly, I would refuse to join parties with them that would exclude other Professions due to any exclusivist bias.

Posted by: Cero.5132

Cero.5132

I think the problem isn´t with warriors but with bad mob AI.

I wonder… what would happen if mobs wouldn´t just mindlessly stand there but …
melee mobs try to circle you
range mobs try to kite you all the time
mobs evade more

So what would happen if mobs were constantly moving? I bet half the warriors wouldnt be able to land their 100b.
And that´s the point. Warriors are only great at faceroll content and killing stupid-AI-mobs.

Just rework mob AI, don´t let them just stand there!
If I carry on this train of thought CC would also become much more viable… But that´s a whole other topic.

Posted by: nesh.7234

nesh.7234

mobs evade more

So what would happen if mobs were constantly moving? I bet half the warriors wouldnt be able to land their 100b.
And that´s the point. Warriors are only great at faceroll content and killing stupid-AI-mobs.

If I carry on this train of thought CC would also become much more viable… But that´s a whole other topic.

+1
/15chars

EU / Aurora Glade

Posted by: Slither Shade.4782

Slither Shade.4782

For a zerker group to work everyone has to be zerker. With just one zerk warrior in the group yes he is going to be that zerker laying on the ground that we laugh at. But with all zerker members the mobs die before more than one member is downed. Its a train A leaves and train B leaves so where will they meet thing. I dont really know thats just my guess.

Posted by: SneakyErvin.3056

SneakyErvin.3056

I can’t wait for the warrior nerf. It’s going to be entertaining as hell.

Wrong approach. Better to buff all classes that are behind instead of nerfing the warrior to the substandard level. Or they could just make content harder on glasscannon specs.

Let Valkyries guide me to my destiny.

Posted by: Coffeebot.3921

Coffeebot.3921

Wrong approach. Better to buff all classes that are behind instead of nerfing the warrior to the substandard level. Or they could just make content harder on glasscannon specs.

They could make content harder for GC specs… but the glass cannon isn’t the problem, it’s the multiple glass cannons (with high base health) doing their full damage that’s the problem (as small a problem as it is).

Case in point, you can make content so that it drops GC warriors in the same number of hits as a GC thief, but that just addresses a specific and limited area and makes content harder for EVERYONE rather than ‘fixing’ the speed-runnable paths of dungeons.

Fornicate like you’ve never fornicated before.
I am anti-censorship, for it doesn’t make sense to pander to a minority.

Posted by: Ezeriel.9574

Ezeriel.9574

Are warriors great? Sure!
Godmode? nah…
Do they need to be nerfed? No.

Some classes are going to be good at some things.
…and this game doesn’t revolve around COF P1 runs.

The only way to play the engineer is to exploit it.
Playing the engineer “as intended” is simply not viable.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

The problem with buffing everyone, as I’ve said elsewhere, is that the content, already easy would become easier. Just about everything in the game would have to be adjusted if you adjust all the professions.

And if you do that, then you end up with one profession being more powerful/doing more damage than the other professions.

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

The problem with buffing everyone, as I’ve said elsewhere, is that the content, already easy would become easier. Just about everything in the game would have to be adjusted if you adjust all the professions.

And if you do that, then you end up with one profession being more powerful/doing more damage than the other professions.

The problem with buffing all classes to the warrior’s level is not that the content will be trivialized. You are effectively saying that all content is trivial for the warrior and I would argue with that. The warrior is the easiest profession to level and faceroll at many stages of the game. I would argue that to play the game at the highest level player skill is required.

I’m not talking about cof1 when I’m talking about LFM-Warrior. I’m talking about all the other dungeons/paths. Remember in the GW2 trinity we are talking about a zerker warrior. It takes skill to play a warrior in that environment and the content is not trivial for the warrior. Mistakes easily cost death and that’s not what high level dungeoneers are about.

As I’ve said elsewhere, the answer lies in both balancing classes (making all equally successful, contributing comparable sustained DPS, but differently so) and re-thinking combat. One aspect of combat that must change is the maintain of a bleed cap on mobs. This makes a condition damage build irrelevant/redundant in a group. Without a Necro in a group you typically have a lot of bleeds going. Since a condition Necro’s main contribution is DoT around bleeds he not adding much if you are already near the bleed cap. In fact, adding 10 more Necros is not going to add materially to the group given the cap. Damage needs to be managed by player in terms of damage and ticks. That will solve one problem around combat and ‘class’ balance.

Additionally, to move beyond the Guardian/Warrior/Mesmer trinity you need to re-think combat roles. You do not need to resort to the historical trinity, but I think there will be perceived problems with combat (and therefore professions) as long as there are no meaningful combat roles. What’s meaningful? Meaningful means that if I wasn’t there fulfilling my role, the fight would not go as well. The reason I say this is because it’s the way humans go about objectives IRL and in games. To fight it is to fight being human. Simple. I don’t know what the answer is in a uniquely GW context, but I trust that there are many creative people at Anet that can get this sorted.

(edited by Raine.1394)

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

I have every class at 80 except for the thief and I regularly run dungeons. I never hope for a guardian. I play my ranger the most and my guardian the second most. I am never unhappy to have three rangers. The ranger has a lot of problems, limited support options and dead pets being the biggest, but they are nowhere near as bad as all the ignorant hate they get says they are.

Quite often on my ranger I will be one of the only people alive or the only one doing damage throughout an entire fight instead of that zerker warrior or tanky guardian that runs off to heal when they get focused by the boss. I will often res multiple party members and the amount of condition removal and healing from blast finishers that my Healing Spring provides the front line is something only a staff elementalist can come close to (even then Healing Spring is still superior).

The worst players I have ever been partied with were warriors. I’ve also been with mesmers, guardians and elementalists that hit like a wet noodle. I’ve kept aggro of the Imbued Shaman in the volcanic fractal while my pet resed the rest of my party, before they removed WP rushing I was quite often the only person in my party alive to keep the boss aggroed while others resed and ran back.

Depriving a guardian of a smooth run? It is truly disgusting to me that someone thinks a players deserves a better experience than another because they are a certain profession (or that having a ranger means the run won’t be smooth whereas having a guardian means it will be). There are plenty of bad guardians, warriors and mesmers out there. The most important factor in any profession’s performance in a group is not what profession they are but who the player is. The class imbalance (and there is a very real imbalance, I don’t deny that) is not so great that it negates player skill.

haxi.9038

Speak for yourself, I would play with any Profession combination, as all Professions in good hands have plenty to give to a party situation, no matter how difficult the Dungeon may be. Your exclusivism (some Professions are better than others") is the only cruelty in here-you just believe the lie that they have an innately inferior character just because it’s not the one you think it’s “more powerful.” Five any Profession (the “bad ones” in your expert appraisal) can do any content played well-they need no “carrying” as you are suggesting.

I have a level 80 Guardian, Mesmer, and Warrior, but I didn’t level them up because they were “powerful”; frankly, I would refuse to join parties with them that would exclude other Professions due to any exclusivist bias.

I applaud you, saint. And how come you have a level 80 Guardian, Mesmer, and Warrior even though you didn’t level them up? You must be a magician too then.

Posted by: Nappychappy.7046

Nappychappy.7046

Warrior is what ANet wants to balance all other classes with. Wasn’t that the purpose of limiting the skills so they could easily balance the game? If they do nerf the warrior, they will only prove to everyone that they are not only lazy, but incompetent.

You are using 21 of 100 infractions ermm, PMs.

Posted by: Starbird.4029

Starbird.4029

Take a scroll down gw2lfg and take a look. People are running full Berzerker Warrior groups with the occasional Guardian mixed in. It’s ALL they’re running. It’s getting impossible to find a group as a Thief or even an Elementalist. All people want is faceroll damage and some support.

Look, I’m all for the no-holy-trinity thing in this MMO. It’s awesome. If people want to run a group of 5 whatever’s, let them do it… but when balance becomes so bad that all people want is a certain class or two, I’ve got a huge problem.

Can you imagine if, in “that other MMO,” Mages, Priests, Druids, and etc. all became obsolete? I can tell you about how long “that other company” would take to fix that. I don’t say that to rag on the folks at Anet, but to emphasize that this is a game-breaking balance issue. When I say game-breaking, I mean “if this continues then many experienced MMO-players will flee from this game.”

This is my favorite MMO of all time so far, so don’t think I’m just whining. I can tolerate a certain amount of class imbalance because, philosophically difference = imbalance. But it doesn’t have to be broken imbalance.

What do you guys think about this?

You need to slow your kitten roll there bub..

The reason ad’s for groups like that exist, is because of some stupid meta that everyone falls into line with..I’m a warrior, and i’ve run groups that are JUST as fast if not faster than some of the 1mes4war groups.

Although I do love some of the “wahhhh nerf warriors” talk..thats ALWAYS the solution right guys? Whack-a-mole nerfs! Next it’ll be “WAHHH guardians are too unkillable! make them less tanky!”

Naturally nobody wants ‘to the ground’ nerfs on Warriors, but if one class is head-and-shoulders above the others in power, then either that class needs to be adjusted or the other classes need a buff.

Nerfing one class is significantly easier than buffing the rest.

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

Take a scroll down gw2lfg and take a look. People are running full Berzerker Warrior groups with the occasional Guardian mixed in. It’s ALL they’re running. It’s getting impossible to find a group as a Thief or even an Elementalist. All people want is faceroll damage and some support.

Look, I’m all for the no-holy-trinity thing in this MMO. It’s awesome. If people want to run a group of 5 whatever’s, let them do it… but when balance becomes so bad that all people want is a certain class or two, I’ve got a huge problem.

Can you imagine if, in “that other MMO,” Mages, Priests, Druids, and etc. all became obsolete? I can tell you about how long “that other company” would take to fix that. I don’t say that to rag on the folks at Anet, but to emphasize that this is a game-breaking balance issue. When I say game-breaking, I mean “if this continues then many experienced MMO-players will flee from this game.”

This is my favorite MMO of all time so far, so don’t think I’m just whining. I can tolerate a certain amount of class imbalance because, philosophically difference = imbalance. But it doesn’t have to be broken imbalance.

The reason ad’s for groups like that exist, is because of some stupid meta that everyone falls into line with..I’m a warrior, and i’ve run groups that are JUST as fast if not faster than some of the 1mes4war groups.

Although I do love some of the “wahhhh nerf warriors” talk..thats ALWAYS the solution right guys? Whack-a-mole nerfs! Next it’ll be “WAHHH guardians are too unkillable! make them less tanky!”

Naturally nobody wants ‘to the ground’ nerfs on Warriors, but if one class is head-and-shoulders above the others in power, then either that class needs to be adjusted or the other classes need a buff.

I agree, Warriors do need a damage nerf, but they also need a significant survivability buff.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

(edited by Moderator)

haxi.9038

I have every class at 80 except for the thief and I regularly run dungeons. I never hope for a guardian. I play my ranger the most and my guardian the second most. I am never unhappy to have three rangers. The ranger has a lot of problems, limited support options and dead pets being the biggest, but they are nowhere near as bad as all the ignorant hate they get says they are.

Quite often on my ranger I will be one of the only people alive or the only one doing damage throughout an entire fight instead of that zerker warrior or tanky guardian that runs off to heal when they get focused by the boss. I will often res multiple party members and the amount of condition removal and healing from blast finishers that my Healing Spring provides the front line is something only a staff elementalist can come close to (even then Healing Spring is still superior).

The worst players I have ever been partied with were warriors. I’ve also been with mesmers, guardians and elementalists that hit like a wet noodle. I’ve kept aggro of the Imbued Shaman in the volcanic fractal while my pet resed the rest of my party, before they removed WP rushing I was quite often the only person in my party alive to keep the boss aggroed while others resed and ran back.

Depriving a guardian of a smooth run? It is truly disgusting to me that someone thinks a players deserves a better experience than another because they are a certain profession (or that having a ranger means the run won’t be smooth whereas having a guardian means it will be). There are plenty of bad guardians, warriors and mesmers out there. The most important factor in any profession’s performance in a group is not what profession they are but who the player is. The class imbalance (and there is a very real imbalance, I don’t deny that) is not so great that it negates player skill.

Ok no need to brag here but idk why you want to drag your party down by stubbornly using a class that you admit to have a lot of “problems”, relatively speaking, when you have 6 other classes at your disposal. Like you said, it depends more on player skill, doesn’t mean that all guardians are good all rangers are bad etc. But due to class imbalance, a player with a certain class would be more effective than another player of the same skill playing a less suitable class for that particular situation, no? Thing is skill not=magic, you don’t make certain things appear out of thing air. And there are little ways to gauge a player’s skill. I can do a gear check, a profession check, but skill? And what you are doing is like racing in a family car when you are the world champion. Why must you deny your party of a potentially smoother run by doing so? When I see people like you, I politely ask them to switch but if they stubbornly refuse, I’m sorry.

(edited by haxi.9038)

haxi.9038

I agree, Warriors do need a damage nerf, but they also need a SIGNIFICANT SURVIVABILITY BUFF.

Sorry, but that would not be happening.

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

mobs evade more

Centaur archers already kite you, thief pirates do encircle/evade with a poison style. One type of mob (maybe another) try and encircle. Can’t remember which one but I’m forever having to back up when I fight of group of them. Skritt maybe? It’s in the game already, just not widespread.

As for the topic, let people play how they want. People who want to spend a stack of time doing one dungeon run constantly are just doing their thing away from everyone else.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Vayne.8563

Warrior is what ANet wants to balance all other classes with. Wasn’t that the purpose of limiting the skills so they could easily balance the game? If they do nerf the warrior, they will only prove to everyone that they are not only lazy, but incompetent.

In your opinion. It’s your opinion that Anet is lazy. Its your opinion nerfing the warrior would be incompetent. And that’s okay that that’s your opinion.

Others have different opinions. Anet is one of the least lazy companies I’ve come across. There’s a ton of work to do, and they’re doing it.

Where did you hear that Anet wanted to balance other professions around the Warrior btw?

Posted by: Nihilus.3015

Nihilus.3015

Way too many threads about this.

AmateurNet

Posted by: Nappychappy.7046

Nappychappy.7046

In your opinion. It’s your opinion that Anet is lazy. Its your opinion nerfing the warrior would be incompetent. And that’s okay that that’s your opinion.

Others have different opinions. Anet is one of the least lazy companies I’ve come across. There’s a ton of work to do, and they’re doing it.

Where did you hear that Anet wanted to balance other professions around the Warrior btw?

Pretty sure anet said they were happy with where warrior was.

You are using 21 of 100 infractions ermm, PMs.

haxi.9038

Yup. Sorry if I’m wrong but it seems that these guys are getting a little green, no?

Vayne.8563

Before or after the meta game evolved to what it is now? Because that’s what ends up happening a lot of the time. Someone finds a really really ultra efficient speed run, and the run was meant to take longer and Anet ends up fixing it. Sometimes they do that by changing the encounter, as in added skeletons of dhuum to the underworld, sometimes they nerf skills or builds, like perma-sins and ursan.

I think that what Anet said months ago about liking where someone is may or may not be what Anet is thinking about them today.

Posted by: SadieDeAtreia.8912

SadieDeAtreia.8912

Before or after the meta game evolved to what it is now? Because that’s what ends up happening a lot of the time. Someone finds a really really ultra efficient speed run, and the run was meant to take longer and Anet ends up fixing it. Sometimes they do that by changing the encounter, as in added skeletons of dhuum to the underworld, sometimes they nerf skills or builds, like perma-sins and ursan.

I think that what Anet said months ago about liking where someone is may or may not be what Anet is thinking about them today.

…again, seem to be agreeing with you here (o.O)
They change stance on things many, many times without notifying anyone of their intentions.
Also, when looking back at the precursor history it becomes apparent that they sometimes say one thing while doing the other (or nothing, in the case of precursors).

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Now some players pretends that war are OP only in COF1?

How about fractals, ARAH, and any dungeon?

Really when you simply look at the output damage of warriors it takes 0,5 seconds to understand where the issue is.

A class cannot do more than 2X DPS than most other classes expecially since the more you go on the more DPS matters.

If you need some defense then its the time of guardians…

Mesmer are good mostly for portal on cof1…..like thief is good for dredge in fotm….

But there are 2 class atm that are way more than OP in PvE

Guardians and Warriors.
Sad thing its they are the same to ask for “difficult content”.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Vayne.8563

…again, seem to be agreeing with you here (o.O)
They change stance on things many, many times without notifying anyone of their intentions.
Also, when looking back at the precursor history it becomes apparent that they sometimes say one thing while doing the other (or nothing, in the case of precursors).

I guess the question is, when they say something do they intend to follow through, or is Anet lying when they say things.

Part of the problem is Anet isn’t a person. It’s a company. The company has many employees and I’m pretty sure they don’t all agree on everything. So there will be creative differences, arguments about what’s best for the game and all that. When a dev says something, he might well mean what he says.

But reality is when you work on a project, sometimes things do change.4

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

I would say issue is that a class with a build with very poor defense (melee glass-cannon Warrior) can solo dungeons.

Posted by: BadHabitZz.1856

BadHabitZz.1856

Really when you simply look at the output damage of warriors it takes 0,5 seconds to understand where the issue is.

A class cannot do more than 2X DPS than most other classes expecially since the more you go on the more DPS matters.

Mesmer are good mostly for portal on cof1…..like thief is good for dredge in fotm….

Guardians and Warriors.

Dude yesterday ive been fractals with 3 wars and 1 guard and we gotten shaman and we wiped out 3x times because wars just doesnt have enough aoe they were all good players its just not every encounter is designed for 100b….

CoF farm is a joke i cant believe anet dont want this to change….

15 groups looking for zerkers and mesmers…

16 groups that dont care looking for players.

oh i dont mind wars at all if ppl wants to play only with wars iam kinda ok with it my problem is that those 6-9m CoF p1 speed runs. Its just lame that such an boring task is the most efficient way to make gold and lets be honest tokens/gold is the reason 99% does dungeons…My suggestion would be slithly nerf income from CoF p1 and buff income from other dungeons…

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

100b zerk warriors are just noob-friendly which is why you find them in pugs. They also fit in one single speedrun. Personally, I don’t care much about them. They don’t influence other groups much.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Posted by: RoChan.1926

RoChan.1926

This is partially false. I will say that class diversity in a party makes things a heck of a lot smoother than just a set of one class. I’ve run in one of those 4 warriors 1 mesmer and I cannot count the number of times one of them would drop like a fly. As someone who plays Ele/Engi as my mains and mesmer, I have seen my fair share of terrible players and elitists groups but never once was I kicked (even after they broke Engi more than it is) from a party. Even when it was one of those days and I was just TERRIBLE.

The thing that I hate about these threads is that it paints the community as some horrid monster that should be avoided when in truth those ‘baddies’ are so small that the chances of running into them are as often as getting a precursor. The rest of the community is helpful, nice, patient and accepting of many, many classes and have come to the same conclusion: Diversity in classes is much better than having one singular class group as each class has its own merits and brings these things into a group. THAT is the current state of the community not some terribly perceived notion off a website that doesn’t list EVERYONE that uses it.

Again 3 classes of any type IS looking to walk into failure and/or extended length of the dungeons so looking for a little diversity isn’t wrong and shouldn’t be called out as elitists as that is narrow minded and poor perception of game play. Even I have considered to either ask current party members or post when we end up with 3 thieves/mesmers for something else. I’ve even considered doing it myself to jump onto my Engi to just break up the multitude of classes (Ele/Thief are tied to a static group so can’t always bring them).

I can’t help but feel that the problem lies in the player looking at the LFG website than the people who post. I’ve always have been proactive in my LFG posts and avoid the unnecessary ones. I’ve never NOT found a party easily with my “least wanted” class so I can’t help but feel that this is more a whine post then an actual concern because there are things that you can do to dissuade such parties. Just don’t join them and post your own.

Optee Kaal Allusion | The Evil Empire
[TRY][POV]
“Kitten the yaks, so persistent about everything.” -Ebay

Posted by: RoChan.1926

RoChan.1926

Guardians and Warriors.

Dude yesterday ive been fractals with 3 wars and 1 guard and we gotten shaman and we wiped out 3x times because wars just doesnt have enough aoe they were all good players its just not every encounter is designed for 100b….

CoF farm is a joke i cant believe anet dont want this to change….

15 groups looking for zerkers and mesmers…

16 groups that dont care looking for players.

oh i dont mind wars at all if ppl wants to play only with wars iam kinda ok with it my problem is that those 6-9m CoF p1 speed runs. Its just lame that such an boring task is the most efficient way to make gold and lets be honest tokens/gold is the reason 99% does dungeons…My suggestion would be slithly nerf income from CoF p1 and buff income from other dungeons…

If they nerf CoF p1 it’ll just become like AC, a ghost town. AC used to be a contender for CoF p1 but since it’s change everyone has crammed into CoF p1. There are also other dungeons that actually do better and can be done fairly quickly CoE for example and from what I understand HotW p1. I’ve even found TA Up to be faster than CoF p1 and still provide a fairly good income. The perception of the dungeons need to change and the community needs to be educated towards other dungeons. Although I wouldn’t mind a buff in rewards to other dungeons at all. :P

Optee Kaal Allusion | The Evil Empire
[TRY][POV]
“Kitten the yaks, so persistent about everything.” -Ebay

LordByron.8369

funniest post ever..
binding blade + 1hb is the best tactic there XD

You got one of the points where you absolutely want 1HB
Even without guardians 1HB is huge there…..
You simply got an unexperienced party……but seems you don t know fractals yourself so much…..

Possibly in any fractal war is the second best professin after guardian, but whereas you want 1-2 guard, anything from 1 to 4 war is gold.

P.S. i play fractals way too much :| possibly 90% of my gametime so i know almost any tactic/combination

GW2 balance:
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

BadHabitZz.1856

funniest post ever..

You simply got an unexperienced party……but seems you don t know fractals yourself so much…..

Possibly in any fractal war is the second best professin after guardian, but whereas you want 1-2 guard, anything from 1 to 4 war is gold.

P.S. i play fractals way too much :| possibly 90% of my gametime so i know almost any tactic/combination

I wasnt war, i was thief aka last man standing at grawl shaman. Ive done planty of fractals (close to 100 rings in stash, over 150 pristine) but ive never seen GS zerker excel at grawl shaman. My friends is war and he always switching to double axe / rifle build for this i dont know if its better but it always worked out better then with GS and we have done fotm over lvl 50 so i consider both of us as experienced players (atleast in fotm)

(edited by BadHabitZz.1856)

LordByron.8369

mostly because double axe is even more dps…..

Unless guardian use binding blade. one of the oldest tactics ever, but actually its not a difficult boss once you learn how to do it (see exploit AI).

And all you want is Killing elementals fast….
1hb serves the purpose, after all they stacks by themselves even without Binding blade.

Double axe is another DPS weaponset that works well.

And the sad truth is that even war autoattack does more damage than most class best skills….while they don t need to invest in vitality/toughness.

P.S. passed 200 pristines <.< and 100 rings compared to 150 pristines is quite difficult to believe……

GW2 balance:

BadHabitZz.1856

ive said close to that means less then 100 and over 150 because iam really not sure might be close to 200 because i really dont count pristine and fractal relics any more…

(edited by BadHabitZz.1856)

Posted by: Barbelo.5916

Barbelo.5916

Depends on where you wanna go. Thieves and eles aren’t really “in demand” classes but they’re welcome everywhere except in certain COF p1 parties. Both classes have anti-projectile skills so they’re good for FOTM. Thieves are desirable for Sons of Svanir and Dredge fractals.

I’m not sure I still understand why most people want at least 1 heavy armored class in their parties. Any class can take lots of damage, just depends on how they’re built.

IOJ [TRBO]

Vayne.8563

Depends on where you wanna go. Thieves and eles aren’t really “in demand” classes but they’re welcome everywhere except in certain COF p1 parties. Both classes have anti-projectile skills so they’re good for FOTM. Thieves are desirable for Sons of Svanir and Dredge fractals.

I’m not sure I still understand why most people want at least 1 heavy armored class in their parties. Any class can take lots of damage, just depends on how they’re built.

People insist on heavy armor professions because they’re conditioned from other games. My mesmer is as survivable as any warrior I’ve ever met. Not sure I’d quite put my mesmer up against a guardian, but I’m not far off.

haxi.9038

This is partially false. I will say that class diversity in a party makes things a heck of a lot smoother than just a set of one class. I’ve run in one of those 4 warriors 1 mesmer and I cannot count the number of times one of them would drop like a fly. As someone who plays Ele/Engi as my mains and mesmer, I have seen my fair share of terrible players and elitists groups but never once was I kicked (even after they broke Engi more than it is) from a party. Even when it was one of those days and I was just TERRIBLE.

The thing that I hate about these threads is that it paints the community as some horrid monster that should be avoided when in truth those ‘baddies’ are so small that the chances of running into them are as often as getting a precursor. The rest of the community is helpful, nice, patient and accepting of many, many classes and have come to the same conclusion: Diversity in classes is much better than having one singular class group as each class has its own merits and brings these things into a group. THAT is the current state of the community not some terribly perceived notion off a website that doesn’t list EVERYONE that uses it.

Again 3 classes of any type IS looking to walk into failure and/or extended length of the dungeons so looking for a little diversity isn’t wrong and shouldn’t be called out as elitists as that is narrow minded and poor perception of game play. Even I have considered to either ask current party members or post when we end up with 3 thieves/mesmers for something else. I’ve even considered doing it myself to jump onto my Engi to just break up the multitude of classes (Ele/Thief are tied to a static group so can’t always bring them).

I can’t help but feel that the problem lies in the player looking at the LFG website than the people who post. I’ve always have been proactive in my LFG posts and avoid the unnecessary ones. I’ve never NOT found a party easily with my “least wanted” class so I can’t help but feel that this is more a whine post then an actual concern because there are things that you can do to dissuade such parties. Just don’t join them and post your own.

I was just giving a rough example. I do know that 2guard 3warr doesn’t always work. But these 2 classes are more than welcomed for most encounters, no?

(edited by haxi.9038)

LordByron.8369

issue with wars is not (only) the fact they can just ignore vit and toughness.

Its more than their dps is too high.

@vayne, try to compare a zerker mesmer to a zerker war….and cry ._. sometimes i hear some guildmates comparing their autoattacks dmg in dungeons …..i think once you compare it to other profession you don t even need to “discuss” if war are OP or not.

GW2 balance:

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Yeah dang Mesmers doing 100k++ damage with Feedback. And dang Warriors taking 10% less damage (really a life-saver).
And comparing autoattacks of a class relying heavily on minions with a class with zero minions.

What next? Earth is round?

haxi.9038

funniest post ever..

I wasnt war, i was thief aka last man standing at grawl shaman. Ive done planty of fractals (close to 100 rings in stash, over 150 pristine) but ive never seen GS zerker excel at grawl shaman. My friends is war and he always switching to double axe / rifle build for this i dont know if its better but it always worked out better then with GS and we have done fotm over lvl 50 so i consider both of us as experienced players (atleast in fotm)

Honestly gs is not the best option there. But just switch gs to a rifle and get and axe+something for your second set???

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

People insist on heavy armor professions because they’re conditioned from other games. My mesmer is as survivable as any warrior I’ve ever met. Not sure I’d quite put my mesmer up against a guardian, but I’m not far off.

The aspect of the game under discussion has nothing to do with conditioning from other games. It does have to do with the learning that comes from being an experienced gamer. People adapt and notice what works. The warrior profession is simply good at what it does—damage. Is that enough? No; well maybe in cof1; but, elsewhere most groups find an anchor guardian is helpful around managing aggro and positioning mobs. And, the Berzerker warrior we are talking about is squishy as hell in heavy armor. I don’t know if you’ve played one, but it’s rather surprising how fast the large health pool drains when focused. What people in the thread complaining about glass cannon warriors soloing dungeons fail to understand is that players who can do this invested a lot of deaths (theirs or someone else’s) in learning the fights. And, knowing the fights perfectly they are still one mistake away from death. Be careful of what you take away from youtube—I’ve seen people playing every profession doing amazing things. That doesn’t, however, mean that every profession is ‘amazing’ or even OK. The Berzerker warrior fills a combat role in an emergent ‘trinity’ (don’t worry, your Mesmer is included); it is not therefore necessarily a problem in itself. I’ve suggested elsewhere what the actual ‘problem’ is and ways to address it.

(edited by Raine.1394)

Posted by: RageQuit.5687

RageQuit.5687

The aspect of the game under discussion has nothing to do with conditioning from other games. It does have to do with the learning that comes from being an experienced gamer. People adapt and notice what works. The warrior profession is simply good at what it does—damage. Is that enough? No; well maybe in cof1; but, elsewhere most groups find an anchor guardian is helpful around managing aggro and positioning mobs. And, the Berzerker warrior we are talking about is squishy as hell in heavy armor. I don’t know if you’ve played one, but it’s rather surprising how fast the large health pool drains when focused. What people in the thread complaining about glass cannon warriors soloing dungeons fail to understand is that players who can do this invested a lot of deaths (theirs or someone else’s) in learning the fights. And, knowing the fights perfectly they are still one mistake away from death. Be careful of what you take away from youtube—I’ve seen people playing every profession doing amazing things. That doesn’t, however, mean that every profession is ‘amazing’ or even OK. The Berzerker warrior fills a combat role in an emergent ‘trinity’ (don’t worry, your Mesmer is included); it is not therefore necessarily a problem in itself. I’ve suggested elsewhere what the actual ‘problem’ is and ways to address it.

This this this.

I can attest to how shoddy our defences become as zerkers. Consider that with improper dodges and standing around, typical mobs can bring us down to 0 health rapidly. Zerkers are not built for survivability. CoF 1 – The area where you need to kill acolytes – Those mobs can kill you in 3-4 hits (2.4k Armor).

So saying that zerkers are overpowered is unfair. We trade off surivability for huge dps. I think that’s fair.

Posted by: clay.7849

clay.7849

It’s not the warrior that is the problem. Even nerfing the warrior won’t change a thing. Once you learn a dungeon, berserker gear is the absolutely most efficient and best way to clear a dungeon. Warriors just amplify this because of their consistent damage output in PvE.

The bottom line is that, after playing a few dungeons, I absolutely hate going with a group where the damage in that group is geared for anything other than max damage. It just makes content take longer and more boring.

This has nothing to do with players, it has everything to do with how combat and encounters in this game are designed.