LS Season 2 Confirmed to be Perm Content

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

Posted by: Hopeless.5403

Hopeless.5403

Permanent content or aka “older content” is usually a ghost town with most games, so why waste resources keeping things players usually don’t go back to?

Posted by: Corpus Christi.2057

Corpus Christi.2057

Ye, the same was said of LS Season 1, and includes e.g. Tower of Madness or destroyed LA, and as we know it’s nothing close to what people understand by "permanent content, like new explorable zones, maps, classes, skill sets, races etc. etc.

Three 80-lvl Rangers. Why? ‘Cos they’re that cool.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Sigh. I don’t suppose the naysayers will believe a word of it.

Still, the part about an expansion’s worth of content sitting ready to go is promising. =)

Posted by: Skan.5301

Skan.5301

I’m quite certain that ANet’s definition of permanant is vastly different than that of the player’s definition is.

This also goes for words and phrases like “expansion’s worth, soon, working as intended, exciting, new content” to name a few.

Still, the part about an expansion’s worth of content sitting ready to go is promising. =)

Remember the expansion’s worth of content we were supposed to get during January of 2013? Because I don’t remember getting it. Most of the non disillusioned are still waiting on it.

“Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.”
– Euripides

(edited by Skan.5301)

Xae Isareth.1364

I don’t think they ever said LS 1 will be permenant. They said the effects of the events will be lasting, which is true. I dont think the effects of an event counts as the ‘meat of it’ in any sense of the word.

Old content doesn’t mean dead content, at least not in GW2. We’re still running vanilla dungeons (ironically, Aetherpath and fractals are less run). It’s all about balancing the rewards right. If they made the battle of LA an UW-esque feature adjusted to 12 people, I’d still run it for the skins, cores and other drops.

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

They are fixing “Error attempting to sell”?

OH SWEET JESUS THANK YOU

Xae Isareth.1364

I don’t trust that ‘expansion worth of content’ either, but I have enough faith in Anet that the ‘meat of the content’ being not temporary to be what people expect ‘meat of the content’ to mean.

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Permanent content or aka “older content” is usually a ghost town with most games, so why waste resources keeping things players usually don’t go back to?

I agree with your point but most mmorpgs do not have the megasurver system so they can add these things in with out making them “ghost towns” after the game moves on. I think this will become a new normal for mmorpgs.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: DragonWhimsy.6489

DragonWhimsy.6489

I’m quite certain that ANet’s definition of permanant is vastly different than that of the player’s definition is.

This also goes for words and phrases like “expansion’s worth, soon, working as intended, exciting, new content” to name a few.

Remember the expansion’s worth of content we were supposed to get during January of 2013? Because I don’t remember getting it. Most of the non disillusioned are still waiting on it.

Actually that remark was meant to say “an expansions worth of features”. They corrected it soon after but no one noticed. Corrections are never noticed.

Now we wonder why they don’t tell us anything. That’s why. Players who are just knowledgeable enough to repeat these things on blogs and forums more than a year after, but too ignorant to know the full context.

I feel like we’re going to be in the dark from now on because of the forum/blog ragers. It’s really unfortunate.

Posted by: CptAurellian.9537

CptAurellian.9537

Yeah, they already talked about this back in 2012. Somehow I must have missed it since then, as all the “content” that has been added to GW2 in the meantime would barely have been enough for a single content patch in WoW, not to mention an entire expansion.

Warning! This post may contain traces of irony, sarcasm and peanuts.

There is no loyalty without betrayal. -Ann Smiley

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

They said that last year, too.. we know how that went.

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

OH SWEET JESUS THANK YOU

you just made my year! where is this, I MUST FIND THE SOURCE!

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

OH SWEET JESUS THANK YOU

you just made my year! where is this, I MUST FIND THE SOURCE!

http://i.imgur.com/9WzwG45.jpg

Mystic.5934

and just like that guy on reddit, I care about that more than whether LS2 content is permanent or not.
Seriously, some things stand out in patch notes as I read them. If that is ever in there, I’ll just stop reading, leave work without a word, go and test it, then shout from the rooftop, then maybe read the rest of the notes if I remember.
Anet: never underestimate QOL upgrades

(edited by Mystic.5934)

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

OMG! People were complaining constantly about wanting permanent content out of the LS, and when ANet says that the new LS content will be mostly permanent, these same compainers start nay saying before they even get the new stuff. Unbelievable.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

They said that about season one too, you know.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Mystic.5934

:*( near as I can tell, nothing in the notes about fixing ‘error attempting to sell’

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

No.

Making content players can’t go back to is the waste.

Audio recorded to play just for a short time. Models made to appear just just for a short time. Maps made to appear just just for a short time. Stories written to be lived just just for a short time. Items coded to be acquirable just for a short time…

THAT is the waste.

Making content players can go anytime after release is never a waste. New players, wiki editors, players who like to do everything with all of their characters, roleplayers, completionists looking to get full sets of rewards… those are just examples of players that may want to go back there and check things out. And why should the content be removed preventing them from doing so?

And “old content” becomes a ghost town not because of new stuff added, but because of new areas being higher level and having better rewards.
GW2 uses incomparable rewards and level scaling, so you always have reasons to go to many places, from regional drops to map completion.

Or would you rather get only massive zergs and everyone is stuck in the same spot doing the same thing? No. No. No.

Permanent is better.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Posted by: Zhaneel.9208

Zhaneel.9208

Yes the permanent content will be nice for a change. Let’s just hope it is well made content.

Posted by: Darkobra.6439

Darkobra.6439

I’m sure it is! It’s been ready to go since before season 1!

Posted by: Zlociutki.9165

Zlociutki.9165

Pernament as the Moa racing was in LA. IF AN say it’s going to be pernament it’s nothing good for players.

Xae Isareth.1364

OMG! People were complaining constantly about wanting permanent content out of the LS, and when ANet says that the new LS content will be mostly permanent, these same compainers start nay saying before they even get the new stuff. Unbelievable.

You must be new to the internet :V

Posted by: Devata.6589

Devata.6589

So no temporary activities with temporary achievement list (the achievement-history list will stop to grow) and temporary rewards linked to it coming with temporary available cash-shop items?

It would be a nice improvement, a little late as many people asked for that since the beginning of LS1 but we will see.

Still it would not solve most problems that come with the cash-shop but it would be a good improvement for sure.

What I am afraid of with the LS S2 is that basically everything stays the same but they also throw in a few new maps and maybe a new race and then say “you see it’s now permanent”, No you then did throw some permanent stuff in during the LS but the LS is still mainly temporary giving you the feeling to do it now or lose out forever.

I guess we will see at the first LS S2 patch. I still rather just have expansions I have to pay for and then getting rid of the cash-shop to fund things.

Devata.6589

Most people are mainly doubtful because Colin in fact said similar things for S1, just after the beginning when complains started rolling in and then again half way S1 (after more complains) but it did not happen. So now people are doubtful if it will happen. Sure some new maps will be thrown in but will the LS really become permanent? I do hope so (for as if they continue with the LS anyway) but we will see.

Posted by: Destai.9603

Destai.9603

Seeing is believing.

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

Most people are mainly doubtful because Colin in fact said similar things for S1, just after the beginning when complains started rolling in and then again half way S1 (after more complains) but it did not happen. So now people are doubtful if it will happen. Sure some new maps will be thrown in but will the LS really become permanent? I do hope so (for as if they continue with the LS anyway) but we will see.

Well, since this is a whole new season, why don’t we give them a chance before we start griping? I understand what they said last year, but that is last year and a completely different story line. Some of the content from LS story has no reason to be permanent content. How could the marionette be permanent content? Some of the LS1 story I wouldn’t want as permanent content. I just say, lets see how things go with the new season before we start in with the hate.

You must be new to the internet :V

I know, right? +1 for you. Loved that comment. I guess the vitriol and fickleness of people just boggles my mind even though I shouldn’t be surprised when it happens.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

=)

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Let’s hope the permanent content in S2 is better than Southsun Cove.

Devata.6589

Well, since this is a whole new season, why don’t we give them a chance before we start griping? I understand what they said last year, but that is last year and a completely different story line. Some of the content from LS story has no reason to be permanent content. How could the marionette be permanent content? Some of the LS1 story I wouldn’t want as permanent content. I just say, lets see how things go with the new season before we start in with the hate.

Well I am willing to see but it’s not like people did not wait. They promised to do things different many times. But we will see. I hope it did change.

About some stuff having to be temporary with the marionette example.

It’s ArenaNet who makes the story. Yeah in the current story it would not make any sense if it was permanent (as with most of the LS stuff) but they could have written the story a little different making it completely normal it would stay.

Here is my pool example again.
When they build a pool near your house (irl) you first see the building stage and then when it’s done you can go there to swim

Now in a game you can build the story mainly about the building stage. You help to build, there are achievements and rewards for helping to build. Thats all temporary and then when it’s there thats is all the activities and achievements and rewards in gone. (GW2 story’s where mainly destroying things but that to the side)

However they could have also just adding in some NPC workers and you would see them building. No real activities (or not much, maybe you can help but there should be no achievements or rewards that people feel they need to do) no achievements and no rewards but you did see the world change. Then when the pool is there make activities like who can swim the fastest and so on and link achievements and rewards to that. That can stay forever. So for a changing world it’s not to have all this temporary content. Only come cosmetic change (the building phase) is temporary. Pretty much the opposite of what they do now.

This is what I have been suggesting like since LS1 started.