LS is the only contents we will received?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Butter.3024

Butter.3024

Ignore PVP, ignore class balance, ignore new modes, you can’t have esport PVP if the PVP right now is boring and broken

No new dungeons, no new classes, no new mechanics, just the same dungeons and same Zerker meta for 2 years

Ignore WvW, WvW right now and 2 years ago are almost exactly the same

Anet you guys ignore all of those contents and in return we get Living Story. Living Story is cool for the first 30 mins, then you realize this is just temporary stuffs and not quality stuffs. It has little depths and doesn’t promote a community, doesn’t promote any depths.

WvW was done right, it is amazing but after 2 years, it gets boring. Same stuffs and nothing new, no rewards for playing WvW

Dungeons community obviously is also a big part of GW2, DnT speedclear tournament reached 1k viewers on twitch few days ago.

PvP you guys try to promote it to be esport so much, but with little class diversity, boring game modes and like 2 balance patches a year, it’s not going anywhere if you guys don’t improve it first

Less LS, more real quality contents please

Posted by: sishbob.3987

sishbob.3987

I just wanted to make another thing clear from the WvW standpoint. People are leaving. WvW is what keeps a lot of people in the game, and ANet’s lack of dedication to WvW has never been more apparent.

- Putting in a WvW Tournament can actually make things WORSE do to people server hopping
- Making the achievements for the meta of said Tournament is horrible as many servers literally need the influx of PvE players helping to give us a chance
- Putting in a new line of Golem Mastery is hollow and we all know it
- The WvW Support pack literally offended some people in the WvW community because of both the lack of support ANet gives WvW and the fact that the items in it had absolutely nothing to do with WvW
- Lack of bug fixes and absolutely no response of the issue of hacks, which has been brought up and ignored dozens if not hundreds of times. I know the PvE guys are having issues with this as well.

When its clear our pleas for some kind of help are ignored, we leave. And honestly, ANet needs new players yeah, but they need to focus on keeping us old players as well.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

I get that people dislike Living Story.
But can’t you at least be truthful when you complain about it?

There have been multiple maps added in sPvP, they have also revamped the whole reward system and added the reward tracks.

WvW have gotten a completely new map with new systems, a completely new progression system which is still added to. Changes to the borderlands maps also happened.

Dungeons: New dungeon was added, and have since been updated with both new rewards, new instances and new systems. They have also added a new path to one the old dungeons and completely revamped another one of them.

Sure, you can dislike the current direction of the game, but completely ignoring stuff just because it doesn’t fit in your argument won’t really help your case.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Kuldebar.1897

Kuldebar.1897

Like a slice of moldy bread to a starving man.

sishbob.3987

There have been multiple maps added in sPvP, they have also revamped the whole reward system and added the reward tracks.

WvW have gotten a completely new map with new systems, a completely new progression system which is still added to. Changes to the borderlands maps also happened.

Dungeons: New dungeon was added, and have since been updated with both new rewards, new instances and new systems. They have also added a new path to one the old dungeons and completely revamped another one of them.

Sure, you can dislike the current direction of the game, but completely ignoring stuff just because it doesn’t fit in your argument won’t really help your case.

Sorry what WvW new map are you talking about? EoTM is not a WvW map anymore, ask ANY single WvW player. EoTM has become a PvE ktrain. It is not possible to defend objectives without being cursed out, and trying to play EoTM like WvW is futile. Not really sure what the progression system you are talking about it, other than the WvW trait thing, but as to that being added to, throwing in Golem mastery is just kind of meh. I mean, its a start, but there needs to be something WAY more substantial. Lastly the changes to the borderlands maps did occur, I will grant you, but in the grand scheme of things that’s not what we want. We want NEW maps, NEW siege, FIXES to bugs and hacks, and more attention from the devs.

Not really sure when the last time you logged into WvW was, but I suggest you check the state of it. If you’ve been playing for a long time, you should be able to hop right back into WvW because its still very much the same.

Also want to say two things. EoTM being added was a long time ago, and adding a progression track for sPvP takes no effort at all. While I will say LS takes effort from a coding standpoint, they need to take a little bit from that and put it into other gamemodes.

lordkrall.7241

EotM was added as a WvW map as requested by the WvW players. Not counting that because you no longer feel that it does what it was suppose to do does not mean it didn’t get added.

People are complaining about stuff being added since release, and yet now things added since release doesn’t count because it was either a long time ago, or you personally don’t like it?

Yes the progression system is the WXP-system, which was, once again, something requested by the WvW-players.

Last time I logged in to WvW was earlier today. I am mainly a WvW player so I try to play it at least more or less daily.

Adding progression tracks did very much take efforts. It required balancing, it required coding the system altogether and so on. So claiming it took no effort is blatant lying.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

The problem is that this a very paltry amount of new content after over 2 years of development. Anybody who doesn’t think so hasn’t played other MMOs.

lordkrall.7241

The problem is that this a very paltry amount of new content after over 2 years of development. Anybody who doesn’t think so hasn’t played other MMOs.

Not if you also add in all the Living story parts.

Lets compare it to WoW for example, a game that requires you to pay monthly. Their last expansion was over two years ago. The next is coming in about a month.
And yet they have released very little content between those two.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

They also removed a map from SPvP. They can add all the maps they want, but when you only have 1 game mode, it’s going to get stale. Compare to other MMOs, and they have multple game modes for their PvP.

EotM doesn’t count, because it’s not a server specific matchup. World versus World means three specific servers fighting, and this isn’t the case for EotM. The progression is good, but overall, it’s meaningless, because there’s no sense of accomplishment or added rewards (the tournaments are temporary, so that doesn’t count either). The changes to borderlands wasn’t good. Instead of fixing the orb glitch, or making underwater more better, they just removed them, and replaced them with a kitten capture&hold gametype. As if players weren’t bored with that from SPvP already.

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

Not if you also add in all the Living story parts.

Lets compare it to WoW for example, a game that requires you to pay monthly. Their last expansion was over two years ago. The next is coming in about a month.
And yet they have released very little content between those two.

Are you serious? MoP had 3 major updates that added new zones, mounts, pets, gear sets, weapons, quests, mobs, reputations, raids, brawler’s guild, openworld bosses, pvp maps, arenas, scenarios, etc.. I could go on, but there’s no point.

I saw these links on reddit earlier, so i’ll just post them here.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Patch_5.1.0
http://www.wowwiki.com/Patch_5.2.0
http://www.wowwiki.com/Patch_5.3.0
http://www.wowwiki.com/Patch_5.4.0

That’s enough content to last until the next expansion. I’m not trying to defend WoW, because they do add content slower than most devs, but they at least release content that people want to do.

lordkrall.7241

Ah, my bad. I was under the impression that the reason everyone was raging so bad about the increased sub-prices for WoW was due to them not actually releasing anything between expansions. Because that was what the complaints sounded like.
But would seem like the complaints were “only” due to having to wait more than a year between updates ^^ (last one seemed to be added in September last year).

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: fireflyry.7023

fireflyry.7023

The maps added were a direct result of the PvP community by and large neglecting any map that entailed water combat. It was a fail mechanic that needed fixing, the maps added as such were not a bonus, they were substitution for a kitten up on release that the majority begged for since day zero.

As for the reward and track system…it’s just a way to grind in a stale format. It’s a substitution in place of actual content. The PvP here is AB in GW1…one of the most casual formats on offer that many laughed at in GW1. I loved it but that doesn’t change the fact it’s a casual format PvP.

When they have to offer PvP grind armor as a reward?Yeah…your PvP kinda sux k.

Great for a month or six but I still say…if this game wants to be taken seriously in PvP it needs GvG. Yet in saying the very combat mechanics GW2 adheres too dictate that has little chance of ever happening. You need the trinity mechanic for that.

PvP in this game is a one hit wonder. That’s cool and all but GvG in it’s prime was AWESOME.

If your having adventurer problems I feel bad for you son, I dodged 99 arrows till my knee took one.

Posted by: Butter.3024

Butter.3024

WvW right now is almost exactly the same as WvW 2 years ago. And no WvW players do EoTM, EoTM is all katana train, up levels and ex frostgorge train

PVP maps they removed one map and add one map. The one map they added is only available in custom game for some god reason

Dungeons has received 0 loves or than bug fixes. The one TA path they added was frustrating for most people and it was a failure since the only reason to do it now is for dungeon master

I’m not saying they completely ignore it, I’m saying they added so little contents over 2 years because they focus all their energy in LS. Not to mention there are like 2 balance patches a year and there are no signs of new classes or new mechanics any time.

They invest so much time in LS imo they should focus back on the good contents that gw2 has to offer. I’m saying this because so many of my friends already quit because of the same stuffs in 2 years and those staying are only for the guild and the community.

sishbob.3987

EotM was added as a WvW map as requested by the WvW players. Not counting that because you no longer feel that it does what it was suppose to do does not mean it didn’t get added.

People are complaining about stuff being added since release, and yet now things added since release doesn’t count because it was either a long time ago, or you personally don’t like it?

Yes the progression system is the WXP-system, which was, once again, something requested by the WvW-players.

Last time I logged in to WvW was earlier today. I am mainly a WvW player so I try to play it at least more or less daily.

Adding progression tracks did very much take efforts. It required balancing, it required coding the system altogether and so on. So claiming it took no effort is blatant lying.

Adding the progression track INITIALLY may have taken effort. Making a new track and adding it to what already exists probably would not take that much. If ANet wanted to smartly code, they would have made it so tracks could be added at any time by inputing variables such as the name, image, rewards, etc so that it would be reusable, and not coding it from scratch.

Though it is quite possible they did not.

I was also just wondering who is the bigger white knight on the forums, you or Vayne? I really have to say you, as Vayne does occasionally admit ANet’s faults and always backs his arguments up. You on the other hand do not.

Posted by: ipan.4356

ipan.4356

GW2 is going nowhere fast.

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

Just want to point out that EotM was a map tested by WvW players and guilds, because WvWers wanted a new map. They also wanted the JP moved into its own instance. They got both.

Its not completely anets fault to see what would become of EotM, the WvWers that tested it are to blame as well.

Fact remains it was a WvW Map first, then changed by the players for function.