LS3 Maps Enemy NPC Scaling

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Grimegg.1297

Grimegg.1297

I do apologize beforehand if there was already a topic of a sort, which I did not found, or if there is something I do not completely understand about the issue, tho I do believe I do understand it enough.

Certain enemies in LS3 maps are extremely overscaled for that little amount of players sometimes around them.
I’ll give an example of the issue I had today with that:
Siren’s Landing – the event for the Fountainhead. We were 3 players there, I am a good 99% sure there wasn’t anyone around. But despite us being only 3, 2 Elite Veteran Magma Elementals spawned and dunno how many random mobs/normal Veteran Magma Elementals. The Elite ones specifically had an SUPREME amount of HP and their damage, when it hits (pretty much like the staff 2 of ele as ability, an aoe magma circle on the ground), does nearly enough to down you right away, unless u are some good tank or so. Took us nearly 20 mins to finish the event, more or less cuz of these elites.
I do heard that on some of the other LS3 maps there were Bloodstone champions that were way too overscaled aswell.
I do hope this issue gets noted, especially for world content – random grouping doesnt always consist of skilled-great-build players, and even if it does – with that scaling doing certain events is just tedious.

Posted by: FrostDraco.8306

FrostDraco.8306

Then get a better build and learn to deal with the encounters? The fountain head event becomes super easy if someone activates Balthazars durge on the group, as it makes you immune to burning. If you are not building damage, you are gonna have a bad time. I can finish most if not all of these events with 2-3 players without much issue. So if you are dying instantly, it because you are not negating damage, but just eating it.

There is Elite, Veteran, Champion, Legendary, And normal. There is no crossover .veteran elite or elite veteran’.

The only thing overtuned i can think of is the break bars at the leggy wyverns in Draconis Mons. Which are barely breakable no matter what you do.

(edited by FrostDraco.8306)

Posted by: bobsort.4097

bobsort.4097

FrostDeaco, the Siren’s landing was an example. most maps including LS3 have this issue, such as toxic something in gendaran field or kessex hills. if a group of players just pass the area, the whole event scales up and spawns elites and even champs and others doing the event having hard time.

Another example would be overlapping leyline runner event which overlapped the toxic event in gendaran. people chasing the leyline mob, passed the area and 3 of us had to deal with 7 elites which outcome is clear.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Then get a better build and learn to deal with the encounters?

Sure, that’s one option. Abandoning the encounter and going looking for a better scaled one is another. In future, when the map population will start to decrease even further, which one most players will choose, i wonder?

Making open world events almost noone will want to do is not a good design.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November