"LSS2" or "The Strain"?

"LSS2" or "The Strain"?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kronicle.4652

Kronicle.4652

I thought it appropriate to ask considering both games are published by NCsoft, where will you be at the beginning of July?

"LSS2" or "The Strain"?

Kronicle.4652

Personally after reaching 50 on my medic, I realized how monotonous the game had become and the bugs/class imbalances really wore me down. I would like to think that my hours will be spent here when lss2 hits.

"LSS2" or "The Strain"?

Posted by: Corpus Christi.2057

Corpus Christi.2057

What is “the Strain”? Can’t seem to find it anywhere on google.

Three 80-lvl Rangers. Why? ‘Cos they’re that cool.

"LSS2" or "The Strain"?

Kronicle.4652

It is Wildstar’s new content in July.

"LSS2" or "The Strain"?

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

I would assume that people hanging around on these forums would be more likely to play content from this game.
But then again, reading these forums might suggest otherwise.

They are however two different kinds of games and would most likely not target the same group of players.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

"LSS2" or "The Strain"?

Kronicle.4652

Touché, but as someone who took a break to try wildstar but consistently stuck around these forums, I must partially disagree. While it is true that the nature of both games varies greatly, the mechanics are actually quite similar which could and probably did attract an audience from GW2.

"LSS2" or "The Strain"?

Posted by: X The Manimal.5293

X The Manimal.5293

It boils down to what it has ALWAYS boiled down to: Which game you like more. I’ve been playing Wildstar this entire month and will be unsubbing for the time being to play LS season 2. Mostly because the cartoony visuals are hurting my eyes. :/ I even took the time to get my eyes checked last weekend and turns out their perfectly healthy. Borderlands 2 hurt my eyes as well but less so. Maybe because of the thick black lines that helped better distinguish the foreground from the background.

"LSS2" or "The Strain"?

Kronicle.4652

It has been a large issue, although I’ve heard changing your FoV from 50 to 70 helps.

"LSS2" or "The Strain"?

Posted by: X The Manimal.5293

X The Manimal.5293

It has been a large issue, although I’ve heard changing your FoV from 50 to 70 helps.

I set it up to 75 using the CustomFov addon and it did allow me to play a bit longer before my eyes were fighting back trying to focus lol. Idk, I’ll try to bump it up to 85-90 tonight see how it goes.

"LSS2" or "The Strain"?

Posted by: Corpus Christi.2057

Corpus Christi.2057

Guess, I’ll try WildStar. Heard it has some quality stuff, and most importantly, that it is more difficult/demanding than GW2, which let’s face it, is rather easy. Ordered it already!^^

Three 80-lvl Rangers. Why? ‘Cos they’re that cool.

"LSS2" or "The Strain"?

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Guess, I’ll try WildStar. Heard it has some quality stuff, and most importantly, that it is more difficult/demanding than GW2, which let’s face it, is rather easy. Ordered it already!^^

To be fair a couple of months or so after GW2s release it was the “hardest thing ever release” as well

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

"LSS2" or "The Strain"?

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

Personally after reaching 50 on my medic, I realized how monotonous the game had become and the bugs/class imbalances really wore me down. I would like to think that my hours will be spent here when lss2 hits.

Because the game is 3 weeks old.

Questing is like any other Non-GW2 MMO…

Class imbalance…people always complain about this. Its in every game. Even this one. Take your pick..pve, pvp…one would say the warrior is OP in PVE with hundred blades, where the thief is OP in PVP with instakill backstabs, etc etc blah blah. Its just noise at this point whatever game youre playing because one person thinks one thing and another thinks something else.

I really laugh at the “questing is monotonous” comment. Granted, GW2 has the best leveling experience Ive seen in a game. But If you dont like GW2’s questing structure, then Wildstar(or any other) is the next best thing. There aren’t many varients aside from MAYBE SWTOR with the personal stories and such.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

"LSS2" or "The Strain"?

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

I would say that you notice things getting difficult around level 17-18, punishing around 30, unforgiving around 40.

If you stand two ticks inside a telegraph, thats half your hp. Dont mess up. There are actual consequences for playing WELL, such as avoiding taking half your health in a matter of 2 seconds and Moments of Opportunity(interrupting casting for double damage)

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

"LSS2" or "The Strain"?

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I would say that you notice things getting difficult around level 17-18, punishing around 30, unforgiving around 40.

If you stand two ticks inside a telegraph, thats half your hp. Dont mess up. There are actual consequences for playing WELL, such as avoiding taking half your health in a matter of 2 seconds and Moments of Opportunity(interrupting casting for double damage)

Give it 6 months. Not even. The game will be nerfed to hell. It happens in every game, because the percentage of player that actually want a challenge aren’t enough to support a game.

No company can afford to keep it tough. That’s why it always changes. Just like it did here.

"LSS2" or "The Strain"?

Posted by: Moderator.6840

Moderator.6840

Hi everyone,

Please keep in mind that this forum is dedicated to Guild Wars 2 and its universe. Therefore, threads about other games are not allowed.

Thank you for your understanding.