Lack of Recognition for Legendary Crafters

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Chamolin.4530

Chamolin.4530

Those of us who put in the work are not well recognized. We have nothing to show we built them and not just bought off the TP. I was expecting some achievement when I crafted my dreamer in the forge. Nothing.

I kept this post short because their is nothing else I need to add.

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

You stuck four items in to a magic toilet and expected an achievement.

Really now?

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Really now?

You do get an achievement, there’s no title tied to the weapon you made though unfortunately.

Those 4 items are hard as **** to get, so why not expect it?

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

Really now?

This made my week

Posted by: kRiza krimos.1637

kRiza krimos.1637

Avatar of Collin Johanson decending upon you tapping you on back and giving you a T-shirt that says " I crafted it"?

Posted by: Spendingallmytime.7249

Spendingallmytime.7249

pops out of cake Congratulations!

Why you bein’ cute?

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

And the “I’m a special little snowflake” mentality of gamers continues…

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

I crafted Incinerator, Bolt and Quip, and I don’t expect a bright spotlight to somehow appear above my head wherever I walk with a big sign that says “APPRECIATE ME!”

They’re just skins.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

Posted by: Cameirus.8407

Cameirus.8407

Really now?

You do get an achievement, there’s no title tied to the weapon you made though unfortunately.

getting the gold to buy a legendary is hard as kitten so why do you expect to get a title/achv for selling the item on the TP?

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Avatar of Collin Johanson decending upon you tapping you on back and giving you a T-shirt that says " I crafted it"?

I want a tight T-Shirt from the Hot Topic in Divinity’s Reach that has a pic of him holding the Incinerator and giving a thumbs up.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Feirlista Xv.1425

Feirlista Xv.1425

Your reward is getting to shot a my little pony at everyone “how cool is that”!!!!!

Opinions are like ______ everyone has one I could
put the correct term in but not everyone has kittens

Posted by: SpyderBite.6274

SpyderBite.6274

Entitlement continues to dominate the MMO genre.

Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock.

Posted by: Lafiel.9372

Lafiel.9372

Lol, what happen to making things for yourself rather than making things to increase your bragging rights.

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

Lol, what happen to making things for yourself rather than making things to increase your bragging rights.

Online gaming happened.

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

Really now?

The achievement is in crafting it. When I finally get all of the ingredients for my Twilight and make it, that’ll be such an overwhelming feeling of relief that getting some paltry achievement point would be the last thing on my mind.

Even then, I lucksacked and got Dusk from a mob so the only achievements I’m really worth getting are “lucky” or “overcame boredom to gather mats for legendary”.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

Posted by: Diviner.7405

Diviner.7405

So many jealous people in this thread. I find it hilarious.

Posted by: Zorby.8236

Zorby.8236

Congratulations on farming your butt off for a skin! Feeling better now?

~This is the internet, my (or your) opinion doesn’t matter~

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

I crafted Incinerator, Bolt and Quip, and I don’t expect a bright spotlight to somehow appear above my head wherever I walk with a big sign that says “APPRECIATE ME!”

They’re just skins.

But you come on the forums to gloat that you have not just 1, but 3? Gotcha.

You could have just said “I crafted mine and don’t feel the need for a big sign”.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

What you crafted is the achievement, so…. yeah

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

Those of us who put in the work are not well recognized. We have nothing to show we built them and not just bought off the TP. I was expecting some achievement when I crafted my dreamer in the forge. Nothing.

title unlocked:
’i’ve never done anything but pve’

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

They’re just skins.

But you come on the forums to gloat that you have not just 1, but 3? Gotcha.

You could have just said “I crafted mine and don’t feel the need for a big sign”.

Not to gloat, but to further emphasise the point that no matter how much effort you’ve put in, it means nothing and you deserve no special treatment for it.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Guys step out of the game for 2 seconds and think to your selves….

A tiny virtual skin i made is so special to me, i’m a god, a actual awesome thing in this world, i’ve ascended.. (no pun intended)

Then come back to reality and move on with your lives please..

Posted by: Erasculio.2914

Erasculio.2914

Those of us who put in the work are not well recognized

You don’t really deserve any recognition. Making a Legendary is not hard. Time consuming, sure, but not hard – if not by the (fastest) aspects of a Legendary that actually require completing the map, doing something in WvW and doing a few dungeons, it’s easy to see that a bot could get a Legendary – it’s perfectly capable of farming mindlessly for a very long time, which is the biggest requirement for a Legendary.

ArenaNet claimed they didn’t want players to grind in the Manifesto, but in the end they have taken the main rewards of the game and made them a prize for grinding. This is one more example of how the MMO mentality – that MMOs are bad games designed as just farming grounds for those addicted to that lifestyle – hurts GW2.

“I think that players are starting to mature past the point of wanting to be on that
treadmill, of being in that obvious pattern of every time I catch up you are going to
put another carrot in front of me” – Mike O’Brien right before Ascended weapons

Posted by: Rhaps.8540

Rhaps.8540

It should come with the title “Basement Dweller”

Seafarer’s Rest – Guild Leader The Deamon Army [TDA]

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

Perhaps the reason you do not get any recognition for crafting the Legendary is because your character does not actually craft it. You provide the materials for it while the Demon does the actual crafting. The title and recognition should go to Zommoros.

Theftwind (HoD)

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

There is a title…..golden…you bought your t6 I’m pretty sure so there you have it. It’s not like you farmed the t6 yourself. (ofc I could be wrong, but I doubt it)

Serenity now~Insanity later

Posted by: rogerwilko.6895

rogerwilko.6895

Those of us who put in the work are not well recognized.

just like real life, hey pal ?

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

how about you get to wear the title “been there done that” with the star (you get both for completing the full world explore) and equip a legendary on the same character? It should be obvious to others that you yourself crafted it.

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

I’m not sure what’s harder, paying 2300 gold or 800$ US, or farm it yourself. They are all pretty hard to be honest.

Posted by: Osi.3504

Osi.3504

A lot of people got their legendary items from the old Karka Event or from getting the precursors extremely cheap during the first month of the game launch. Yet people who own them are labeled as “Basement Dwellers” because they see they cost so much right now. Honestly most people that earn it get it from luck through the forge, a enemy drop, or a easy method in the past and may have way less hours logged then yourself.

Also what this guy is saying from what I read is he wants to be recongized as someone who actual took the time and effort to craft it (via two 400 skills, 300 skill points, 500k-1m karma etc.) vs. someone with a fat wallet who can spend $600 buying one. I can understand that aspect, but of course people in this thread seem too derailed that with all their jealous anger to figure that out….

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

I dotn’ think those skill points or karma is that much a big deal. farming like 2k+ gold is the hard part. It’s probably harder to farm 2k + gold instead to craft one yourself.

And people with fat wallet is what make this game without a subscription fee. Those people are really paying for what other people should be paying.

Posted by: Tyrannus Blade.3408

Tyrannus Blade.3408

How about if when you craft the Legendary the game gives your character the purple “legendary” rank portrait that certain boss mobs have that players can see when they click you.

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

The carecup:
c\_/

It’s empty

insofar achievements are concerned.

Congratulations on your legendary though.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

I made a Corrupted Sword all by myself! Where is my recognition! >:C

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

I made Melandru’s Gaze and got no Credit….

I personally think anyone whose made Wintersbite, Wintersbark or Cragstone deserves more than a Legendary…

Posted by: Imbune.5497

Imbune.5497

A lot of people got their legendary items from the old Karka Event or from getting the precursors extremely cheap during the first month of the game launch. Yet people who own them are labeled as “Basement Dwellers” because they see they cost so much right now. Honestly most people that earn it get it from luck through the forge, a enemy drop, or a easy method in the past and may have way less hours logged then yourself.

Also what this guy is saying from what I read is he wants to be recongized as someone who actual took the time and effort to craft it (via two 400 skills, 300 skill points, 500k-1m karma etc.) vs. someone with a fat wallet who can spend $600 buying one. I can understand that aspect, but of course people in this thread seem too derailed that with all their jealous anger to figure that out….

And yet not one of the crafting requirements you mentioned require any form of skillful gameplay what-so-ever. Literally the only difference, is as stated before, you wasted a-oh I’m sorry, that’s jealous anger, I mean you ‘invested’ an unholy amount of hours. What you missed with your pious ‘holier than thou’ attitude is people realize legendaries are a time sink-and that’s it; what the OP wants is an achievement for sitting around his computer. Also, people realize the immaturity of the OP-it’s obvious he didn’t get the legendary because he innately thought it looked cool or as an ‘investment’ for future tiers of gear-but rather for simply bragging rights and online recognition to feel he has some kind of worth. More and more people are getting legendaries so they aren’t as ‘special’ anymore, feeling the size of his happy place diminishing he desperately seeks out other ways to say ‘hey look at me-I’m not like those guys; I’m awesome!’…and that is just….downright pathetic.

If legendaries were the reward for a series of legendary challenges (solo-so no help), then we can talk about this ‘recognition of awesomeness’ that so many kids seem obsessed over. Kill a particular champ in a legendary arena. Dodge 30 consecutive attacks in a legendary arena. Timed jumping puzzle in a legendary arena. Kill a champ using environmental weapons in a legendary arena. Take no damage for 10s while in melee range in a legendary arena (with a new, universal set of skills, lest a thief simply uses pistol 5)-don’t take these as meaningful suggestions, they’re just to illustrate challenges that utilize gameplay rather than luck and time. You’d still be pathetic for demanding recognition for playing a game for fun (…you people still do that right?) but at least you’ll have a case to say ‘I completed these very difficult tasks that require a solid understanding of game mechanics and dexterity-in addition to the obvious time investment (of course better players will take a shorter time as they won’t fail as much)‘…not ’I spent a lot of time in-game farming’

When free speech ends, tyranny begins.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their proper name.

Posted by: yakuza snowdragon.4639

yakuza snowdragon.4639

Your wasting your time here mate, wallet warriors will just troll the kitten out of you and if Anet gave a rats, Legendarys wouldn’t be for sale in the first place. I’m stuck half way through getting my legendary, cant get to an open balth temple to get my obi shards and still need the gift of magic or what ever it is but at the end of the day legendarys don’t mean jack since they were given price tags. I’m actually considering selling when I’m finally done because they mean so little now. every kid with daddys credit card has 1 or more now.

Posted by: ThePaladin.2140

ThePaladin.2140

I don’t know but this thread yells: I am not noticed or complimented enough in having completed a Legendary. Make them notice me! Make them!

You’ve already completed it! That should give you enough sense of accomplishment for yourself. You don’t need the entire population to kneel and be in awe of your farming skillz.

Posted by: RainbowSyrup.4130

RainbowSyrup.4130

Theres 2 ways to get a legendary

A) farming
B) cash

Neither of them takes skill. I don’t get it. Do you want some kinda title saying ‘’I iz speshul!’’ or ‘’mommy look at me!’’ or something? Did you not get attention as a child?

Do people make legendaries just to brag, or because they actually like em? hmmm..

’’I’m sad hanar can’t wear sweaters’’
-Grunt

(edited by RainbowSyrup.4130)

Posted by: Brutaly.6257

Brutaly.6257

I played the trader for almost 9 months (much more demanding and skillbased than farming mats or visiting every corner of the map since you at least need to use your brain) to “earn” my hammer.

I cant see how crafting a legendary should be an achievement. We are a bunch of players, six of us, that work together to get different crafting mats to craft legendary weapons and sell them on the trader. Is it the crafter that done the job or the guys getting the mats?

Btw i got it because if found it to be very cool looking with my gear.

Posted by: Henge.3907

Henge.3907

We should get a title!

“Legendary Toileter”

Anywho, sarcasm aside. I feel there should be a lot more titles so there’s more diversity among them, and not just the flavor of the month ones.

(edited by Henge.3907)

Posted by: Fror.2163

Fror.2163

@OP:

If you did craft it, like a lot of us, you know you did. Do you really need to listen to those guys that pretend you didn’t?

Often, people say I bought it off the TP. I answer them that I know how I got it, that I’m proud of it and that I don’t care what they think. I usually don’t get an answer to that and we can resume actual play.

Frór (yes, with the accent!)

Posted by: DrixTrix.7168

DrixTrix.7168

yeh i have to admit it would be nice to hve a tittle i have not got one myself and have no interest in getting one, but those who do put the effort in and craft the thing should get some sort of tittle ‘’Twilights Edge, Let the Sunrise, Incinerated’’ etc, it would be nice for those that crafted it i have been in hundreds of parties that flat out go ‘’oh we have a rich boy in the party with a shiny’’ to be honest that’s unfair and derogatory at least the tittle would separate the crafters from the buyers.

Posted by: RainbowSyrup.4130

RainbowSyrup.4130

yeh i have to admit it would be nice to hve a tittle i have not got one myself and have no interest in getting one, but those who do put the effort in and craft the thing should get some sort of tittle ‘’Twilights Edge, Let the Sunrise, Incinerated’’ etc, it would be nice for those that crafted it i have been in hundreds of parties that flat out go ‘’oh we have a rich boy in the party with a shiny’’ to be honest that’s unfair and derogatory at least the tittle would separate the crafters from the buyers.

They get a flashy weapon. Do they need more? No.

Besides. You can buy the mats and still craft it. Its not hard to get 100% world completion, 500 badges of jumping, and 1mil karma.

’’I’m sad hanar can’t wear sweaters’’
-Grunt

Henge.3907

Why all the hate for added aspects to the game. Sounds a lot like jealousy. Does it harm anyone in the game to have more titles?

(edited by Henge.3907)

Posted by: kRiza krimos.1637

kRiza krimos.1637

Those of us who put in the work are not well recognized

You don’t really deserve any recognition. Making a Legendary is not hard. Time consuming, sure, but not hard – if not by the (fastest) aspects of a Legendary that actually require completing the map, doing something in WvW and doing a few dungeons, it’s easy to see that a bot could get a Legendary – it’s perfectly capable of farming mindlessly for a very long time, which is the biggest requirement for a Legendary.

ArenaNet claimed they didn’t want players to grind in the Manifesto, but in the end they have taken the main rewards of the game and made them a prize for grinding. This is one more example of how the MMO mentality – that MMOs are bad games designed as just farming grounds for those addicted to that lifestyle – hurts GW2.

I probably have everything i would need for legendary exept precursor. I even made clovers, as a side-effect of getting t6 mats. I could probably get precursor in time too if i wanted it. Everything i have is obtained by just playing, i never grinded or farmed for any of it.
If i craft legendary now, in what way would it be prize for grinding in my case?

Posted by: Truffler.3684

Truffler.3684

so ppl now want to be openly recognized for having the luck to have a precursor drop for them?

Henge.3907

Why not? It still takes effort in throwing away a lot of gear.

Posted by: Funset.7893

Funset.7893

I think someone who bought a legendary weapon from the TP deserves more recognition than you, because he is obviously putting way more effort into his job and real life, by making a lot of money.

Henge.3907

Solution! Equipping a legendary without the crafting achievement gives you either “Deep pockets” or “Money Bags”