Lack of an LFG Tool Has It's Downside

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

While I know Anet is working on an LFG tool, just earlier someone trolled me by using my name on gw2lfg.com.

Actually it didn’t really go that badly, since I made a couple of friends and got a new guildie out of it…but the point remains, it’s too easy to troll people this way.

While I like gw2lfg.com, I think the LFG tool really needs to come soon enough. Not everyone likes chatting as much as I do.

Anyone think it’s coming in the April patch?

(edited by Vayne.8563)

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I wonder who that could have been?
I don’t think it will be this patch, but, of course, I could be wrong…often am…lol.

Maybe we will all be pleasantly surprised. =)

Vayne.8563

Could have been anyone. I have many “admirers”. lol Actually I didn’t mind it, but I can see how people can.

I mean Anet has said they’re working on it…can it really take that long to make an LFG tool?

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Now, Vayne…You know they have said they are working on a few different things, at different times. Lol.
Perhaps you are right, and it will be this update. We should get the details this week, maybe tomorrow, on what this update will entail. =)

Vayne.8563

I can’t wait. I hope the finale of Flame and Frost is a bit more “meaty” than it has been so far.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I do, as well. I have enjoyed playing and replaying the instances. Decent drops in there, as well. I am also quite curious as to what May will bring; the beginning of another different chapter in our Living Story. Yay!

Vayne.8563

I think this first living story is sort of a test run, looking at what they can do with it later.

Posted by: SadieDeAtreia.8912

SadieDeAtreia.8912

I seem to remember you defending this particular point into oblivion a few weeks ago.
…too late to say I told you so, Vayne? :-P

Not to make light of this. It’s a very real problem and something that needs urgent attention. I get that there’s a lot of stuff on their plates but this one thing should be close to the top of the list, IMO, ofc…

Vayne.8563

I didn’t defend the point. I said, and have said all along, the LFG tool will be in the game when it’s finished. Yes, people can troll others using that site. There are actually many ways in game to troll people too (which I won’t ever post on the forums). They all need to be looked at.

All I’ve ever said was that it will be ready when it’s ready. In this particular case the “trolling” worked to my advantage. I could see why it would annoy some people though.

SadieDeAtreia.8912

So, basically we’re agreeing?

Inculpatus cedo.9234

A LFG tool is not urgent for me, (I would not use it), but I do understand it’s importance to others. I really have no idea, other than the wrap-up of Frost and Flame, what might be coming in this update. It could be not much of anything, other than the end of this chapter of Living Story, since we had the whole April Fool’s Day content (for the month).

I don’t really have a wishlist, I’m pretty much a roll-with-the-punches and oh!-pleasantly-surprised kind of person. =) I haven’t a clue how to make game content or run an MMO, so pretty much what they release seems ok with me.

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

Let’s put the facts together …
1/ on multiple occasion a.net has confirmed to be working on this
2/ in the meanwhile, we do have a functional lfg tool
3/ trolling always happens, trolls will adapt to the official tool, they won’t stop

Personally, I’m very much against wasting resources on something that already exists. For some reason, reinventing the wheel seems to be top priority for most of the community. They can have their way … eventually. Until then, I don’t care in the slightest.

Also, after implementation there will be 10000 threads about why the official tool sucks anyways. You heard it here first.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Vayne.8563

I don’t know if it’s a “very real problem”…I suppose it probably is to someone it bothers. I can say it’s not a very real problems for me, though.

I do think the LFG tool will be out soonish, and I am hoping it’s this month…but not because of what happened to me tonight.

It’ll be just one less thing for me to have to keep telling people to be patient about. lol

SadieDeAtreia.8912

marnick, over 9000 threads!!
I’ll be sure to look out for them.
Meanwhile, back in reality, the ‘tool’ that already exists is not used by anyone. Whereas gw2lfg… well, go look for yourself. Resources wasted? Erm… OK then. Best bring in some more HKO content, hey.

Vayne, err, forgot what I was about to say. So whatever.
Edit: Oh, yes now I remember, you made a thread about why the tool would be nice to have. A whole thread. But not because of anything that happened to you, or anything like that. Just because?
:-)

(edited by SadieDeAtreia.8912)

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

Let’s put the facts together …
1/ on multiple occasion a.net has confirmed to be working on this
2/ in the meanwhile, we do have a functional lfg tool
3/ trolling always happens, trolls will adapt to the official tool, they won’t stop

Personally, I’m very much against wasting resources on something that already exists. For some reason, reinventing the wheel seems to be top priority for most of the community. They can have their way … eventually. Until then, I don’t care in the slightest.

What functional LFG tool are you talking about? I presume you’re not talking about a 3rd-party website that not everyone knows about?

They do need an in-game LFG tool. The lack of one really hurts this game.

Posted by: Mungrul.9358

Mungrul.9358

Pifil, hit “Y” in game. There’s an LFG tool built in to this window, although it’s absolutely awful.

Please note that due to restrictions placed on my account, I am only allowed 1 post per hour.
Therefore I may take some time replying to you.

Vayne.8563

Doesn’t look like the LFG tool is coming out this month after all. And my friend has been at it again, signing me up on gw2lfg.com for dungeons. I’m notoriously hard to troll. I just make friends out of it, and win people over. It’s no sweat of my back at all.

At any rate, this is probably the best guild recruitment tool I’ve seen to date. lol

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

Could have been anyone. I have many “admirers”. lol Actually I didn’t mind it, but I can see how people can.

I mean Anet has said they’re working on it…can it really take that long to make an LFG tool?

It definitely was not me :P Well I’m pretty sure, almost positive. I’d say they should make you register on the site to use it and they could block IP address on violation, but its a free site with very little support so… heres to hoping Anet can push out somethen better ^^

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

Vayne.8563

Whoever’s doing it is inconveniencing complete strangers, in an attempt to troll me. Not much of a troll, since I’ll talk to anyone. One of the guys suggested I make myself invisible, I was like, why would I do that? I like talking to people. lol

Posted by: Nappychappy.7046

Nappychappy.7046

Wasn’t me, I resubbed wow 15.00, xfered servers 25.00, faction switched 30.00 and bought MoP 39.99…

I mean Anet could have had that money, but diminishing returns are a kitten.

You are using 21 of 100 infractions ermm, PMs.

Geotherma.2395

Wasn’t me, I resubbed wow 15.00, xfered servers 25.00, faction switched 30.00 and bought MoP 39.99…

Don’t worry, I spent 5x that much yesterday on the game. For every quitter there is a supporter :P

Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF

Vayne.8563

Actually, I like the DR. Have fun in Pandaland though. There’s more to games than farming.

Posted by: Arisal.9740

Arisal.9740

That does make for one sad panda :-(

Nappychappy.7046

Don’t worry, I spent 5x that much yesterday on the game. For every quitter there is a supporter :P

Yes I know, even 5x times what I spent, still money went to competition and lets not forget about the masses who refuse to spend any money at all on the game other than purchasing it.

Nappychappy.7046

@ Vayne, yeah there is a lot more to games than farming, but ANet doesn’t get it and you don’t get it, but hey continue the oxymoron.

Vayne.8563

Yes I know, even 5x times what I spent, still money went to competition and lets not forget about the masses who refuse to spend any money at all on the game other than purchasing it.

It’s not the competition. It’s another game that has a different audience. I don’t like and wouldn’t play WoW. To me, it’s not competing for you. This game is offering me what I want. That game is offering you what you want.

I guess that’s why some people eat at one restaurant and some people eat at another.

Nappychappy.7046

It’s not the competition. It’s another game that has a different audience. I don’t like and wouldn’t play WoW. To me, it’s not competing for you. This game is offering me what I want. That game is offering you what you want.

I guess that’s why some people eat at one restaurant and some people eat at another.

What’s it like being oblivious?

Vayne.8563

LMAO! I suppose I could ask you the same question.

There are tons of people out there who don’t like WoW. I mean a lot, not just two or three. It’s entirely possible that there are more people who don’t like WoW than like it. WoW appeals to enough people to keep going.

Guild Wars 2 has a similar situation. There are people who don’t like it because it’s not particularly aimed at them. It’s aimed a different audience. If that’s oblivious so be it.

Frankly, I think I’d rather be oblivious that be completely fixated on something as minor as DR.

Geotherma.2395

Whats it like trolling a forum of a game you no longer like/play? You are providing no constructive feedback on this thread and hopefully you will get your free infraction pizza. WoW forums are what that trolling is for, seems you fit well there, have fun.

On the actual topic, I hope that if Anet can’t make the LFG soon that the other website will do some research and maybe prevent this type of thing.

Nappychappy.7046

There are tons of people out there who don’t like WoW. I mean a lot, not just two or three. It’s entirely possible that there are more people who don’t like WoW than like it. WoW appeals to enough people to keep going.

Guild Wars 2 has a similar situation. There are people who don’t like it because it’s not particularly aimed at them. It’s aimed a different audience. If that’s oblivious so be it.

Frankly, I think I’d rather be oblivious that be completely fixated on something as minor as DR.

You could ask me the same thing, but I asked you first, what are going to play the shadowgame now?

It’s funny you say you don’t like WoW but yet you love GW2, is it because WoW is P2P? Is it because GW2 offers you BiS for little to no work?

Really there isn’t to much different between the games.

@ Geotherma.2395

If Anet removed DR’s, I’d still be playing it. I don’t hate gw2, so please, stop trolling me because I no longer play, but still would rather be playing. At any rate, I’ll still check back now and then to see if they removed it.

I’m sure you will be here preaching about how great the game is you never play because 24/7 forum trolling definitely proves that.

(edited by Nappychappy.7046)

Vayne.8563

You could ask me the same thing, but I asked you first, what are going to play the shadowgame now?

It’s funny you say you don’t like WoW but yet you love GW2, is it because WoW is P2P? Is it because GW2 offers you BiS for little to no work?

There’s a TON of difference between the two games, or at least, there was when I played it. I can’t really say about now.

When I played WoW, people would run up and steal your ore nodes while you were fighting. It was stupid and annoying. I don’t have that in Guild Wars 2. When I played WoW, everything felt very static to me. I’d go up to a guy, get a quest from him, stuff wasn’t really happening around me. When I played WoW, the game motivated me to do stuff, but it never motivated my character. WoW doesn’t have a personal story. Every human warrior has the same story. I know you don’t like the personal story in Guild Wars 2, but I did…at least most of it.

Guild Wars 2 doesn’t have people competing for tags on mobs. Hell, I didn’t even like the WoW graphic style. It felt too cartoony for me. I prefer fast travel to flight paths. There’s so many differences between these games.

Oh, and if I never see a game with an elf again, I’ll be very happy.

Geotherma.2395

@ Geotherma.2395

If Anet removed DR’s, I’d still be playing it. I don’t hate gw2, so please, stop trolling me because I no longer play, but still would rather be playing. At any rate, I’ll still check back now and then to see if they removed it.

I’m sure you will be here preaching about how great the game is you never play because 24/7 forum trolling definitely proves that.

Bolded the part where you lost all credibility on these forums.
As for your witty remark see below for foot in mouth

Attachments:

(edited by Geotherma.2395)

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

when did they say they were working on a good LFG tool?
last I heard, their response was: “we have one, go use it”

Geotherma.2395

when did they say they were working on a good LFG tool?
last I heard, their response was: “we have one, go use it”

I’ve been looking all through forums.. I am 100% sure they stated they are working on it but heres what I got so far:

http://velocityeugaming.com/arenanet-takes-another-u-turn/

“We’re investigating and working on improving our group finding tool. While we certainly appreciate the thread, I’m just going to lock and close it seeing as how you’re voting on something we’re already looking into.”

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/VOTE-Do-we-need-party-finder-Yes-No/page/2

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Dungeon-Finder-3/first#post1389965

SadieDeAtreia.8912

Whats it like trolling a forum of a game you no longer like/play?

Anyone who purchased the game is allowed on the forums, at any time, for the lifetime of the game, or, until such time as Arenanet sees fit to change it.
You, and the rest of the Arenanet defence force may not like this, or the opinions of the people who lost their blinders… but no amount of crying, name-calling or condescension will change this. (Edit: yeah, I know, it works both ways…)

I think, you and the rest of Vayne’s world are just a little bit annoyed because you never wanted to admit that a “proper” LFG tool is a more important addition to this game than, lets say HKO style, 8-Bit, limited duration ‘content’…

Vayne.8563

Anyone who purchased the game is allowed on the forums, at any time, for the lifetime of the game, or, until such time as Arenanet sees fit to change it.
You, and the rest of the Arenanet defence force may not like this, or the opinions of the people who lost their blinders… but no amount of crying, name-calling or condescension will change this. (Edit: yeah, I know, it works both ways…)

I think, you and the rest of Vayne’s world are just a little bit annoyed because you never wanted to admit that a “proper” LFG tool is a more important addition to this game than, lets say HKO style, 8-Bit, limited duration ‘content’…

Let’s see. So we like the game and so we have blinders on, but you don’t like the game and so you’re a visionary. I get that. I have another theory however.

We like the game, so we’re having fun. You don’t like the game, and because you don’t like it, you need to feel superior so you put everyone down who does like it.

I don’t have blinders on. The game has faults. But the faults don’t affect my enjoyment of the game. If they affect yours, I feel for you. But the tendency of the haters to continually put down people, call them blind, fan bois, say they have blinders on is just another way of trying to sound superior.

It doesn’t really work.

SadieDeAtreia.8912

Let’s see. So we like the game and so we have blinders on, but you don’t like the game and so you’re a visionary. I get that. I have another theory however.

We like the game, so we’re having fun. You don’t like the game, and because you don’t like it, you need to feel superior so you put everyone down who does like it.

I don’t have blinders on. The game has faults. But the faults don’t affect my enjoyment of the game. If they affect yours, I feel for you. But the tendency of the haters to continually put down people, call them blind, fan bois, say they have blinders on is just another way of trying to sound superior.

It doesn’t really work.

Yup, annoyed. I can tell.

And no, lol, this theory of yours… just no :-)

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

To think that different people have differing opinions. A novel concept, eh?

Vayne.8563

It doesn’t really work.

Yup, annoyed. I can tell.

And no, lol, this theory of yours… just no :-)

I can’t actually think of anyone on this forum that annoys me. I can really only be annoyed by friends and family. Those who disagree with me tend not to annoy me because everything they say is circumspect, including all insults.

SadieDeAtreia.8912

Re-read. I never said it was forum members that annoyed you. But thanks for displaying your absolute mastery of turning a conversation away from the actual point.
Edit: In case you need help…

Posted by: Drew.1865

Drew.1865

While I know Anet is working on an LFG tool, just earlier someone trolled me by using my name on gw2lfg.com.

Actually it didn’t really go that badly, since I made a couple of friends and got a new guildie out of it…but the point remains, it’s too easy to troll people this way.

While I like gw2lfg.com, I think the LFG tool really needs to come soon enough. Not everyone likes chatting as much as I do.

Anyone think it’s coming in the April patch?

Oh so it should be added now because something someone did affected you? I see so you only want improvements when something effects you?

Someone pretending to be another player is a bit disturbing. I guess they must really be bored.

Is GW2 a game or a virtual casino?

Vayne.8563

Re-read. I never said it was forum members that annoyed you. But thanks for displaying your absolute mastery of turning a conversation away from the actual point.
Edit: In case you need help…

And I’ve said all along that a proper LFG tool should be in the game and they’re working on it. I never said it shouldn’t be in the game. Maybe you should actually listen to what’s being said, instead of making it up.

I’m saying lots of games have launched without an LFG tool and then those tools were put in. We know Anet is working on one and when it’s done they’ll put it in. I’m not sure how you can manage to say that I don’t think there should be one in the game. I’m simply saying that repeating in threads over and over that one doesn’t exist isn’t going to get it in the game faster. And particularly I object to people saying things like, in this day and age every game should/must have….when that hasn’t been the case at all.

Misrepresent me all you want, it won’t change what I’ve said.

Geotherma.2395

How so? I have made plenty of threads that reference the need for a LFG tool? I’m not complaining about customers who no longer play using forums. I’m saying when they contribute nothing to the topic or spout off how bad the game is, they might as well just get off the forums. They offer no suggestions or constructive feedback. If they did, people wouldn’t be bashing them in the first place.

Drew.1865

How so? I have made plenty of threads that reference the need for a LFG tool? I’m not complaining about customers who no longer play using forums. I’m saying when they contribute nothing to the topic or spout off how bad the game is, they might as well just get off the forums. They offer no suggestions or constructive feedback. If they did, people wouldn’t be bashing them in the first place.

I agree they should only post if they are going to praise the game and if not why bother it’s not like they paid for the game or anything ;-)

Ursan.7846

I agree they should only post if they are going to praise the game and if not why bother it’s not like they paid for the game or anything ;-)

Because there’s no such thing as a constructive negative feedback, right?

SadieDeAtreia.8912

Because there’s no such thing as a constructive negative feedback, right?

Not when there are members of the Anet defence force around, that’s for sure.

Geotherma.2395

OMGOODNESS! Thats EXACTLY what I said! I’m glad you were listening

http://youtu.be/wCy8MpT45gk

Ursan.7846

Do you think name calling and making fun of other people’s opinions simply because they don’t disagree with you is “constructive feedback?”

SadieDeAtreia.8912

Do you think name calling and making fun of other people’s opinions simply because they don’t disagree with you is “constructive feedback?”

When they don’t disagree with me? Hmm.

Don’t worry. I know what you meant by that.
And no, it’s not name calling or making fun of people’s opinions. I call it as I see it.
You came into the conversation long after the ‘constructive feedback’ ended, btw.

Drew.1865

I’ve never called anyone any names other than a fanboy from time to time but if the shoe fits wear it as they say.