Lack of attainable armor

Lack of attainable armor

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Brimstar.9036

Brimstar.9036

Looks like outfits are the new thing and not armor. I believe this is a very lazy way to make “armor” so instead of giving us the option to mix n’ match we only get outfits now? When’s the last time we had attainable armor (other then ascended) added to the game? Everything has been gem store purchases and leaving me utterly disappointed in the lack of progression in attainable armor skins. I don’t want to pull out my credit card every time a new skin comes along..where’s the fun in that? There is no fun. Sorry for the rant, just sorely disappointed with the “gemstore only” weapons+armor skins attainable. (For the exception of the new ambrite weapons).

Lack of attainable armor

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

When’s the last time we had attainable armor (other then ascended) added to the game?

The following back pieces were the most recently added.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Cultivated_Vine
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mysterious_Vine
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mawdrey

They will be releasing a new PvP set

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/announcing-the-guild-wars-2-global-tournament-series/

Do you have your wardrobe complete. There are a lot of skins there you can mix and match.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

Lack of attainable armor

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

How are you defining gem store items as not “obtainable”? There are options to “pulling out your credit card” to “obtain” them. Your disappointment is something you are entitled to, but don’t misrepresent the facts with your skewed viewpoint of the situation.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Lack of attainable armor

Brimstar.9036

How is my view skewed? Also, all they do is add back pieces and not actual fully interchangeable armor (Example the last set of actual integrating game play armor without just rightfully buying it was ascended). I said the lack of ATTAINABLE armor without having to pull out your credit card to buy them is disappointing me. Yes, you can argue “Oh, just transfer gold to gems~!” No, you know that’s not a real game play option to attain that then gaining gold through the same dungeons we’ve been playing since launch (with the exception of aetherblade and fotm ) or mindless farming. THAT’S not fun and less rewarding! ASCENDED was brought back in December 2013, thats a long time ago.

(edited by Brimstar.9036)

Lack of attainable armor

Posted by: Chameleon Dude.1564

Chameleon Dude.1564

How is grinding for gold to buy armour from an NPC any different to grinding for gold to transfer to gems to buy armour from the gem store?

How is grinding a tedious dungeon several times or grinding away at a stupidly annoying achievement any different to grinding for gold to transfer to gems to buy armour from the gem store?

They are attainable.

Lack of attainable armor

Posted by: Nemitri.8172

Nemitri.8172

All I’m gonna say that this game is going backwards on it’s promise of cosmetics as progression, who in their right mind thought of making rich-detailed, beautiful armor that cannot be MIXED AND MATCHED! seriously all or nothing outfits are the worst idea ever!

Lack of attainable armor

Brimstar.9036

We’ve been lacking armor “rewards” as in dropped armor you don’t have to buy with money nor grind endlessly for a piece at a time. The fact of the matter is whats FUN and REWARDING. Sure, you might think grinding a champ farm over and over days is fun (because its not) to get a piece of armor that cost you 100g for the conversion rate between gold to gems but wouldn’t you rather do a dungeon? That is much more rewarding to do as a party, as gameplay, getting better at something? Some type of progression that you can get dungeon tokens, or a chance to get loot from a boss? Isn’t that what makes MMO’S REWARDING? The loot, the progression and the gameplay doing it? I apologize if I didn’t clarify enough on the first post. We currently lack any of that attainable fun, armor rewards, and same old thing we’ve been doing for almost a year now. I respect your opinions and understand where the beginning message was flawed in emphasizing the word attainable.

Lack of attainable armor

Posted by: Blanger.3162

Blanger.3162

How is grinding for gold to buy armour from an NPC any different to grinding for gold to transfer to gems to buy armour from the gem store?

How is grinding a tedious dungeon several times or grinding away at a stupidly annoying achievement any different to grinding for gold to transfer to gems to buy armour from the gem store?

They are attainable.

Agreed… it’s no different then the grind for every aspect of ascended armors be it materials you farm or buy off the TP, the time gate to create the components used, or the grind to get the gold to purchase exotics to salvage for dark matter, it just takes dedication and time.

There is no instant gratification unless you whip out your charge card and that only lasts till you get your monthly statement.

Lack of attainable armor

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Hmm.

I would like it if the “prize of the month” as put forth by living story contain a randomly chosen armor piece, instead of a backpiece every time. I mean say you make 1 armor piece across the span of one living story chapter and another similarly themed item; and eventually make a whole set.

Also these pieces really should be ascended with pickable stats I say. Exotics are so out.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Lack of attainable armor

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Personally, no…I would not rather do dungeons. Each to their own. =)

Lack of attainable armor

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Oddly enough, the current Anet approach to armor is very similar to that used in GW. When a GW campaign launched, it had X number of armor sets. The only times I remember obtainable in game armor sets being added to GW were those added with new campaigns and with EotN. Since GW2 has not had an expansion or new campaign, the addition of Ascended Armor is a minor deviation from that approach. In GW’s later stages, ANet sold “looks” for cash. In GW2 they sell looks for cash, with the option to purchase gems with gold.

The biggest departure in the cosmetics model between the two games is weapons. GW added weapon skins from time to time in both the base game and the elite instances. GW2 has also added weapon skins to the game, but a significant portion of the new weapon skins are obtained via BL tickets. This was not done in GW, as far as I recall.

Lack of attainable armor

Posted by: Thanatos.2691

Thanatos.2691

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/2dv4ev/update_armor_viewer_bonus_datamined_armor/

I really hope this butterfly armor is put into the game sooner rather than having to wait until an expansion to get more armor to mix-n-match. Sure everything is technically attainable, but I also agree with your dissatisfaction of gemstore costumes rather than armor sets. I feel they do this as a cheap way to make money while doing as little extra work as possible; by this I mean the costumes are an easy way to avoid clipping issues when mixing armor (although some of the costumes even clip on themselves lol).

Either way, it’s good for them and bad for us fashion-lovers who rather enjoy a growing pool of armor designs to mix and match. (I’m excited for the spvp armor )

Golden shackles are still golden.