Lack of events and an, interesting economy

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: EthanLightheart.9168

EthanLightheart.9168

It takes a lot until I complain about a game not giving me much motivation to play. But finally also me have reached this point.

The most disturbing lack lies in the lack of new goals. Th eliving episode items are only good for ascended accessoires. Once u have it already from fractals or from there, the grind is over and there’s nothing left to play for.

Other than that there is also a big frustrating development in all markets. All items drop in price, except from a few. T6 materials aren’t used much lately so they drop heavily.
Also, there is no good way to make gold. Only the lame lootbags containing nothing until u finally maybe have a jackpot.
Finally, legendary armor gets postponed for an eternity…..
This is disturbing me lately.

Anyone else feeling similar?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I’m not much for acquiring the Ascended Trinkets/Gear, but there’s other things on offer I do like. Thus, plenty for me to do.

Maybe take a break if you feel unmotivated?

Good luck.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I can’t agree at all. The game I play is nothing like the game described by the OP.

The most disturbing lack lies in the lack of new goals.

Each new story has added about 10-30 achievements, some hidden.

Th eliving episode items are only good for ascended accessoires. Once u have it already from fractals or from there, the grind is over and there’s nothing left to play for.

The game was designed to avoid that kind of grind. We have never been asked to keep grinding past exotic, except for fractals (and perhaps raids). Are you asking for ANet to introduce gear grind?

This game leaves us to find our own goals, not to depend on the game. Aside from that, the game offers plenty of things to do: collections, achievements, stories on different toons, map completion, fashion wars — it’s up to you.

Other than that there is also a big frustrating development in all markets. All items drop in price, except from a few. T6 materials aren’t used much lately so they drop heavily.

Sounds as if you’re looking in the wrong places. I just made a ton in rares/ectos/exotics, that increased in price after the AB/Meta nerf and there’s always money to be made from mid-tier mats converted to ascended mats, especially jeweled. There are always niche markets as well, as with each update someone describes xyz food or gear as being important.

Also, there is no good way to make gold. Only the lame lootbags containing nothing until u finally maybe have a jackpot.

There are 2-3 posts in these very forums and on reddit (not to mention various stickied posts and google search) showing all sorts of ways to make gold.

The vast majority of the value isn’t from getting a single item, it’s from selling the contents of those “lame lootbags” (especially after opening them on an L53 toon and then salvaging).

Tell us what you like to do the most and I’m reasonably sure that people here can offer half dozen or more suggestions on how to slightly change your habits to be more remunerative.

Finally, legendary armor gets postponed for an eternity…..

Yeah, that’s fair. I’m sure it’s better that it was postponed than that they do a poor job on it, it’s still frustrating. That said, are you saying you have all your provisioner tokens and completed all the other collections?

This is disturbing me lately.

You might want to rethink that.

Anyone else feeling similar?

I’m sure there are, because that happens for everything in life, including MMOs, jobs, relationships, whatever — people get used to the status quo and want something new. That isn’t an indictment of the game (or whatever); it’s a comment about human nature and our yearning for the new, the exotic.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

(edited by Illconceived Was Na.9781)