Lack of grinding kills this game for me

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Apathy.6430

Apathy.6430

Not the “you have no choice but to grind” as seen in other games, but “you have no choice to grind”.

I level a lot of alts in MMOs, and generally, after work, I enjoy just mindlessly killing enemies. I do like that GW2 creates somewhat of a sense of urgency, rushing from event to heart to event…but honestly, some times I’d like to actually be rewarded for just mindlessly killing things.

I’m not asking for it to be a superior way of leveling compared to events and hearts…but as it is, you may as well just log off since the XP from just killing enemies is so small.

Posted by: Rukia.4802

Rukia.4802

This game is pure grind, I think what you mean is the lack of rewards for grinding kills this game for you.

“I find this rain quite pleasant, it feels as though raindrops are blessing our victory”

Posted by: Barabbas.8715

Barabbas.8715

This game is pure grind, I think what you mean is the lack of rewards for grinding kills this game for you.

lol, not it’s not.

Posted by: Apathy.6430

Apathy.6430

This game is pure grind

In the vague sense that every game is grinding, yes.

Posted by: UnderdogSMO.9428

UnderdogSMO.9428

Rukia + “Now you’re just a Guild Wars that I used to know.
I quit this game indefinitely, just here to voice my opinion.” = Hatter

as for the OP can I ask what level you are because frankly if you want to mindlsly Grind there is plany of the ((if you want )) at max level, some time’s i enjoy that as well so i focus on actualy doing my daily in a starter area or some such or just rome around the lower level area’s were there’s not alot of players

((EXP is actualy higher than you would think because ofall the Bonus XP from people not killing the mobs for some time))

is there anything other than exp your intorested in such as a wep you would like to get through Karma or a lagendary

Posted by: Novalight.7568

Novalight.7568

He’s not saying there’s no endgame grind, he’s saying grinding (killing mobs) is a crappy way to level, which is pretty much true, specially alone.

“GW2 takes everything you love about GW1” – M. O’Brien
“We just don’t want players to grind in GW2” – C. Johanson
“The most important thing in any game should be the player” – R. Soesbee

Posted by: Rei.2610

Rei.2610

Seeing 13xp gain is pretty disheartening a lot of the time.

Fastest way I’ve found to level is by doing the daily along with hearts, story and events.

I can’t be bothered to level via crafting or wvw.

I gave up on ever crafting a Legendary. Best decision ever.

Posted by: GummiBear.2756

GummiBear.2756

so apparently people complain about there being too much grind as well as there being too little grind… color me confused…

Posted by: LHound.8964

LHound.8964

Not the “you have no choice but to grind” as seen in other games, but “you have no choice to grind”.

You can grind, just not the same mobs in the same zone. Or you will face DR!

I level a lot of alts in MMOs, and generally, after work, I enjoy just mindlessly killing enemies. I do like that GW2 creates somewhat of a sense of urgency, rushing from event to heart to event…but honestly, some times I’d like to actually be rewarded for just mindlessly killing things.

So do Bots!

I’m not asking for it to be a superior way of leveling compared to events and hearts…but as it is, you may as well just log off since the XP from just killing enemies is so small.

This was created to stop players grinding themselves up to the maximum level, and participate in the events throughout the entire maps! They could give a little more XP honestly with no harm to the desired mechanics. You could use some consumables that increases the xp gain out of mobs death!

—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-
Charr’s need more Love. All is Vain
—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-

Posted by: Iehova.9518

Iehova.9518

Wanna grind? Start the arduous journey towards a legendary. It will suck out your soul, especially if you’re aiming for Sunrise/Twilight/Bifrost.

Posted by: Lwio.7942

Lwio.7942

I’m not up for grinding but I am in favour of progression, how you separate them I don’t know.
The problem with the game is that you progress from level 1 to 80 all the time improving your weapons, stats amour etc. This is great and I enjoyed it. You had a reason to take part in events and do quests. When I reached 80 I had nearly enough gold saved up to buy a full set of exotics, weapons and armour, now I can’t really go any further. You can’t make your character better. You can improve you fighting skills but there really is a limit to this.
pvp and wvwvw doesn’t appeal, nor does running the same dungeons and fractals day after day.
So the game has finished, it’s just the credits have not rolled up, a bug?

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

Anyone that says this game is pure grind has never played a grinding game.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

You can certainly level in Guild Wars 2 killing only mobs/grinding and not doing any Hearts/Events and you can level very very fast doing that, if you consider two “special” features:

Exploration bonus: if a mob hasn’t been killed recently, is in a hard to reach place etc you get a massive experience bonus, more than x3 times the experience you get by killing a mob that rests near a Heart/Event/Vista etc.

Killstreak bonus: if you kill mobs in quick succession you get an experience boost.

The world is huge and there are certainly lots of places that aren’t visited often, places with lots of mobs that can satisfy both conditions I mentioned above.

In other words for players like the OP all you have to do is go out in the world, find a “quiet” place with lots of mobs that nobody touches and as they move around searching for events, you kill those and in a way level up faster than them

If you want to go right outside town, near a wp and farm those mobs and expect to level up fast then no that’s not possible, but there IS a way to level up only with grinding and IT IS very fast.

Posted by: killcannon.2576

killcannon.2576

Yay…yet another thread about how this game isn’t like game x. I think the original poster is looking for Diablo or Torchlight. Go buy them and enjoy. No game can be all things to all people, nor should it be. If you like this game and it has the mechanics that you like, play it. If not…find another one. Seriously…does Call of Duty have forum posters who want more ponies and rainbows?

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

I level a lot of alts in MMOs, and generally, after work, I enjoy just mindlessly killing enemies.

The respawn rate for enemies in GW2 is a lot higher than in most other games. I would think that lends itself well to doing what it is you want to do. Heck, I do that sometimes too. Harathi Hinterlands in the North East is where you want to be. You can kill Centaurs there all the time and even just jump in events if you want. If you don’t want to, you can also just kill Centaurs and they respawn and a ridiculous rate.

/thread.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Gehenna.3625

Gehenna.3625

so apparently people complain about there being too much grind as well as there being too little grind… color me confused…

It’s about when and where.

For endgame there is grind and it’s all to be done in FotM.

But while leveling or just out in any of the zones, there is no grind because of low xp and DR. So just going around the zones killing stuff and enjoying the scenery a bit is discouraged. And why?

It’s like you can do what you want but we only reward you if you do what we want you to do. That’s the difference to me. If the guy wants to just go around killing stuff, clearing a zone or something, why should he not get decent xp and loot? Why can you only get this when you do the hearts?

The grind doesn’t start till you’re level 80 and you kinda want a legendary weapon and feel you need ascended gear before the next gear update comes.

It’s a game forum. The truth is not to be found here.

Posted by: Lankybrit.4598

Lankybrit.4598

Wow. This shows that people will complain about nearly everything. You want to mindlessly kill enemies, OP? GO ahead. Why you want to level up that way though is totally beyond me. Exploration is the GW2 way of doing it. If you want to grind, grind Exploration.

Cheers.

My Life in Tyria: http://lankygw2blog.blogspot.com/
Updated every Monday

Posted by: CrassBippy.4619

CrassBippy.4619

I…. I just can’t….. What?

Bi Furious [Fist] YB

Posted by: dybryd.1358

dybryd.1358

I don’t know why you’re wanting XP. XP is like the lowest-priority reward in the game – getting to 80 is almost effortless.

I also enjoy a quiet grind sometimes when I’m too tired for a dungeon or WvW, and there are many areas (Trionic Lattice, be my lullaby!) that give very decent rewards in fine crafting mats.