Posted by: imawesome.9425

imawesome.9425

We talking RL or in-game?

In real life plz

Lack of official merchandise- Ideas?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: fireflyry.7023

fireflyry.7023

My local comic store does glass etching and custom adhesive decals for coffee mugs.

I drink beer from a pint glass with Chewbacca’s face on one side and the Rebel symbol on the other. My coffee cup has Vader….but I’m grumpy in the morning.

Pretty sure you could get one custom made pretty easy for you personally, and cheaper than any official merch.

If your having adventurer problems I feel bad for you son, I dodged 99 arrows till my knee took one.

Posted by: Snarftastic.6709

Snarftastic.6709

You know, this might be the first game I want a mug of.

That and Warcraft 3

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

“Am I the only who wants a GW2 mug?”

Yes, you’ll throw it against the wall next time your class is nerfed anyway

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

there were a few statue that were sold out pretty fast but even though obviously wanted never produced again…

also no other marchandise except for 1 plush charr….

They are still available, and have been (although when first released they did sell the present stock out pretty fast).

http://www.amazon.com/Guild-Wars-Rytlock-Brimstone-Figure/dp/B00Q8KJB38

i cant buy that though… it doesnt ship to germany

and anet just needs an official merchandise shop with those statues…
where people can buy those rytlock statues and also shatterer statue and other merchandise stuff like clothes etc

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

Posted by: Raven.1524

Raven.1524

Bring us the merchandise!!! Rawr!!! For some reason I believe the gw2 toaster might not sell as much as a t-shirt.
But a quaggan backpack…… =)

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

25mm scale prepainted plastic miniatures suitable for tabletop play or shelf display.

I’d love to use some of the GW2 beastiary in tabletop games, or just to have some sneaky skelk or harpies on a shelf.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Tshirts, caps, beer bottle openers(dunno how to call it in english :| ), link to steelseries GW2 related stuff, customized HoT paint mechanics keyboard.

… capes!

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Posted by: Sidenti.6035

Sidenti.6035

Pretty much anything Cafepress sells. Merchandising really isn’t that hard – certainly not as difficult as game design.

Slap logos, catchphrases and characters on T-shirts, mugs, keychains and beer glasses. Put said merch on a website. Inform people about said merch through launcher. Profit. -Sid

(Stay away from books though. I picked up a copy of Ghosts on a whim and didn’t finish it. The writing was simply too dramatic. I felt like I was reading a soap opera. My advice would be to avoid releasing any more novels until/unless better writers are found. I realize this statement may cause some anger. There’s nothing I can do about that.)

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

I think a line of Funco Pop figures would be cool.

Posted by: Evga.2471

Evga.2471

Hey, this is great. Can you please keep the good ideas coming!? I’ll ask the team to give this a peek from time to time — we love to hear your thoughts.

So you want to have Ideas now for GW2 Merchandise?
Some brainstorming …

• GW2 T-Shirts/ Sweatshirts/ Hoodies/ Tank Tops
  • GW2 Gaming Mouses/ Mouse Pads
  • GW2 Gaming Keyboards
  • GW2 Headphones
  • GW2 Soundtracks
  • GW2 Plushies (Charr, Quaggans, Gryphons ect.)
  • GW2 Posters/Paintings/Wall Scrolls
  • GW2 Figurines/ Action Figures
  • GW2 Backpacks (Quaggan Style, I’m sure these would sell like hot cakes, I can see already tonns of School Kids running around with them)
  • GW2 Temporary Tattoos (for those that want to show their GW2 Pride even on the skin)
  • GW2 Travel Mug (Coffee Cups ect.)
  • GW2 Card Game
  • GW2 Books (naturally), more are always welcome.
  • GW2 Towels
  • GW2 Bedclothes (for those hardcore people, which want to sleep even in a GW2 stylized bed, includes pillows)
  • GW2 Clocks
  • GW2 Snackback Hats
  • GW2 Rings, Necklaces, and other Stuff of Jewelry
  • GW2 Beanies
  • GW2 Key Chains
  • GW2 Pint Glasses
  • GW2 Costumes
  • GW2 Logo Pins
  • GW2 Smartphone Cases
  • GW2 Cookie Cutters (Profession Symbols ?)
    and alot of more possible thigns xD

This would be awesome then I can have a GW2 themed Halloween and Christmas. ArenaNet needs to do this.

“Am I the only who wants a GW2 mug?”

Yes, you’ll throw it against the wall next time your class is nerfed anyway

What type of mug? If it’s a coffee, beer, or a type of mug you drink from sign me up.

Posted by: Sad Swordfish.9743

Sad Swordfish.9743

I would love to be able to 3D-Print my characters so they would be immortalized:)

The game has such striking art. I think it would be really cool. WoW had a partnership with a company called figurecraft. They scan your character in a 3d model viewer program, and then 3d print it, and do some final touch-ups. Very cool.

There is something special about a figurine, of your character. It yours. There is nothing else like it, and you spend 1000s of hours finding the look and expression for it.

Posted by: zaced.7948

zaced.7948

i want a genetically engineered charr about the size of a house cat. i’d drop some srs bucks for that.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

i want a genetically engineered charr about the size of a house cat. i’d drop some srs bucks for that.

Great now all I can think of is a halloween costume for cats. A really mellow or sedated cat.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: DavidGX.7240

DavidGX.7240

I’d love to have a full color 3D printed statue of my Necromancer.

“Those who go mad are merely thoughtful souls who failed to reach any conclusions.”

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

Mad king head ball with jokes/quotes when it bounces

Posted by: GragorR.9768

GragorR.9768

I know there is a website somewhere you can get your wow character 3d printed and painted. I would pay tons of $$$ if Anet were to develop such a partnership to have my gw2 main printed, and probably a few alts. Would look awesome in my office.

- BG -

Posted by: Ehecatl.9172

Ehecatl.9172

Is there seriously still no quaggan plush toys? At this point Anet is practically refusing our money!

I’d also enjoy more lore novels. There’s some things you just can’t translate through the game and I like to learn more about the world through stories.

I’d totally read a book about Mad King Thorn or the experiences of the Sylvari Firstborn when they first awakened.

Posted by: Witham.5621

Witham.5621

Im missing the novels, i know you cant write a book overnight But its been so long since Sea of sorrows was released.

Any idea if HoT will bring along new stories?

Whith.

Posted by: Sidenti.6035

Sidenti.6035

Im missing the novels, i know you cant write a book overnight But its been so long since Sea of sorrows was released.

Any idea if HoT will bring along new stories?

I’d like to see a short story contest in the Lore section, with the best of the best being selected for an anthology. It would also be nice to see some of those new guild logos that the community designed on shirts.

I’ve always wondered why game companies didn’t do more to take advantage of the creativity their games can attract. Having a clean slate merchwise leaves ANet in prime position to capitalize. -Sid

Posted by: alicatrawz.9567

alicatrawz.9567

i want gw2 WTS shirts tbh.

Even if its non team associated.

Would be cool to have a shirt like that.

gravity is my arch-nemesis.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I just want a t-shirt that says “I’d rather be in Tyria” on the front and Guild Wars 2 on the back…preferably with a great screenshot on the front showing how beautiful Tyria is.

Posted by: Zelfic.1594

Zelfic.1594

What about an improved Rytlock plushie? This time, one that really looks like him. And a Tybalt plushie. And t-shirts with catchy/witty/cool phrases from Rytlock and Zojja, and maybe GW2 memes like “the table” one.

Posted by: Crimson Clouds.4853

Crimson Clouds.4853

http://store.iam8bit.com/collections/guildwars2

Looks like our prayers have been answered!

I hope there’ll be more!

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

I think that was shown during the HoT launch Twitch.

http://www.twitch.tv/aurora_peachy/v/22071510

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Crimson Clouds.4853

Crimson Clouds.4853

I think that was shown during the HoT launch Twitch.

http://www.twitch.tv/aurora_peachy/v/22071510

Aah! I didn’t realise this was news from a while back! I’m just pleased that we can now actually pre-order them- I found the link on the official GW2 page on FB.

I do wonder if the quaggan plushie (and the new merch in general) has anything to do with the culmination of our efforts on this thread, though!

“You’ve been asking for it, so you got it!”

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/shop/iam8bit-presents-guild-wars-2-merchandise/

Posted by: Bensozia.8071

Bensozia.8071

I dont think I would wear the engi t-shirt with a picture of a bomb on it. especially in an airport.

Guardians of the Light [GOTL]
The Dragonfly Effect [Phi]
DragonBrand

Posted by: AegisRunestone.8672

AegisRunestone.8672

I want to see my asura thief made into a table-top miniature (like DnD minis). That would be great.

I think a HeroForge-like generator for a tabletop character mini would rock.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Those T shirts are ok. But I don’t feel a huge need for one of them. Now, if they ever give us the big grey/black logo going all down the left side of the shirt like they showed us in 2012 … I will likely buy several just in case something happens to one.

Posted by: arenta.2953

arenta.2953

I just looked at the Shop and there are slim pickings when it comes to merch. Aside from an awesome-looking Charr plush, we just have a few novels, an art book and a strategy guide.

I was hoping to at least find logo keyrings, pins/badges, t-shirts and hoodies.

Things could get even more exciting by taking items obtainable in-game and making them real-life. Quaggan/Charr back-packs, fuzzy quaggan hats…

To me it seems crazy that A-net aren’t monitising in this way already. Perhaps it’s not profitable enough? I seem to remember that there were a few resin figurines available a little while ago and that some YouTubers got some fancy hourglass ornaments.

So, what would you like to see in the Shop, if anything, and why?

idk how they would do this. but i’d buy SO MUCH if they did

an option to buy a figurine of your in game character.

i’d by that for 5 of my characters xD

Jade Quarry’s Tomoko Takei, Anabuki Tomoko, and Assassin Ahri

Posted by: Auralae.7482

Auralae.7482

I would buy a quaggan hat and a quaggan backpack for my kid, but only if the backpack arms and legs were wobbly like they are in the game and the hat had the big pom poms because that makes me laugh.