Lacking Terror Music

Lacking Terror Music

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: pupi.2465

pupi.2465

You know, that are some scary places in the game, like that manor in a haunted woods in Iron Marches, or Orr itself… but there is no actually “scary” music…

I know Devs must focus on “important” things, but music is a factor that impact the scenario, i dont wanna bring here the name of another MMO out there, that even on cartoonish graphics, had very good terror music in Undead scenarios.

It would be cool to see… uhh, hear this in GW2 too.

Just a thought.

Lacking Terror Music

Posted by: Etien.4601

Etien.4601

I would lmao if we get that hardcore metal asian music. Like in Street Fighter or Cabal Online. Even Aion has some It was awesome.
And here we got fluff only. Not even a real night time. Girly Wars 2

Drop Acid Not Bombs (Richie Hawtin)

(edited by Etien.4601)

Lacking Terror Music

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

Oh, it’s scary music you want do you?

http://youtu.be/Uq734_nZ7Eo?t=14s

Lacking Terror Music

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Bah. Almost as bad as being rick-rolled lol

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Lacking Terror Music

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

This game is missing intense music that will make you feel pumped,its all so soft and fluffy and although it does sound good it just doesnt pump you up.
Just for example,imagine the below song while doing any of your favorite bosses,dragons w/e.

Finish the song fully,its Nobuo uematsu,so it wont dissapoint..Its just an example of fitting pumping music in a game.

(edited by Caedmon.6798)

Lacking Terror Music

Posted by: Dean Calaway.9718

Dean Calaway.9718

wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Customized_soundtrack

Victoria Cross [VC] – Desolation [EU]

Lacking Terror Music

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

The game kills totally immersion with this everywhere same-music concept and the parts of the worlds that don’t feel big and epic. I recently palyed a Beta of another game (many may know what this was) and it felt so much more immersive because a) there are many different areas in a huuuuuuge zone and all those areas have music that fits and changes. And the fact that all the zones are not so big and aren’t even interconnected (different instances) kills the immersion even more.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Lacking Terror Music

Posted by: CathShadow.9507

CathShadow.9507

Bah. Almost as bad as being rick-rolled lol

!!!! It’s WORSE than being rick-rolled!

Hounds of Hades [HH] – Contact us for raid training!

Lacking Terror Music

Posted by: stale.9785

stale.9785

where’s something like THIS.

Lacking Terror Music

Posted by: Lydell.8713

Lydell.8713

I love the music as is. Going beyond the usual clichés of in-game music heavily underlining what’s happening on screen to the point of being obnoxious. The subtle touches style we get here is nice and refreshing. Maybe not catering to some (young) folks who feel nothing if it’s not loud, but you can’t cater to everybody.

There’s a solution for you guys, though. Music volume to zero > push play on your favourite music player. Black Sabbath, I find, works wonders in Orr.

-Blackgate-

Lacking Terror Music

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

You mean songs, like this:

this

or perhaps more like that

or are you searching more for somethign like this?

Together with the feature of makign customized playlists, everybody should be able to make for themself scary creepy wicked songs to play for the right moments

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Lacking Terror Music

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

I believe that there should’ve been some software developed by ArenaNet to custom playlists or record machinima in-game. At the moment, custom playlist are clunky, hardly effiecient (there’s no randomize option) and requires a lot of work in the game files.

I don’t call for it as the biggest priority, but music and it’s placement is a problem indeed.

And it’s hard to hit the taste of every player. It would take a lot of money to hire multiple composers for every part of the game. Jeremy Soule’s music is good indeed and was in first game too, but it’s quite the same tune often.

Some like very “hero-ish” music like Two Steps from Hell or similar, some love more “dark” themes and ambient music like the Witcher or Gothic series (me!) which sound more adult, finally there are also guys who like weird asian metal music or dubstep when playing the game.

It’s much easier to hit the tastes of gamers when you release a game aimed at specific kind of people (like Witcher) than to create it for an MMO which lacks some strong aim in music in general by default.

That’s said, allowing players to truly customize their soundtrack in certain areas would be a major improvement

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Lacking Terror Music

pupi.2465

Exactly, the problem with customizing soundtrack, is that the game doesnt have a “area” start and end location on that specifc soundtrack, i already tried to do, its impossible to do it on GW2 because devs only made this happen on intense Battles.

Anet already hired a very famous and talented musician and his orquestra to work on GW2, i understand that this is expensive, but to include this feature would be no hard work at all.

Lacking Terror Music

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

I believe that there should’ve been some software developed by ArenaNet to custom playlists or record machinima in-game. At the moment, custom playlist are clunky, hardly effiecient (there’s no randomize option) and requires a lot of work in the game files.

It’s hardly clunky, and if you want to randomize, the wiki article linked (iirc) specifically states to place a short, silent audio file at the top of the playlist to randomize it, as playlists are randomized after the first song.

Lacking Terror Music

Posted by: LumAnth.5124

LumAnth.5124

I like then new songs Anet is coming up with (Battle at the Breach Maker especially, along with Origins of Madness)

I’m sick of “terror music”

Want “terror music?” the play Silent Hill Homecoming, (coincidentally called) the Scarlet Doll boss. At night. Oh I and I was also alone by myself too when I fought her.

Sorry for the typos….
I’m usually typing on my phone

Lacking Terror Music

pupi.2465

I like then new songs Anet is coming up with (Battle at the Breach Maker especially, along with Origins of Madness)

Want “terror music?” the play Silent Hill Homecoming, (coincidentally called) the Scarlet Doll boss. At night. Oh I and I was also alone by myself too when I fought her.

So you like your game being “fluffy” at all time? If you dont want terror music in themed scenarios turn off your sound options, I, do love GW2, i wanna only to seek improvements to the game, and specifc music fitting its scenarios its a must for game immersion.

This would only make the game better, stop with the denial for such details and suggest something instead of being a jerk.

Lacking Terror Music

Posted by: Blur.3465

Blur.3465

I very much agree with this and this is one of the things which really bug me about immersion…I play without in-game music on…I just can’t stand it anymore. Too ’’fluffy’’ too heroic, no immersion at all and it keeps repeating. There is no distinctive soundtrack on which I can point finger at and say “Oh hey, I hear this when I am in xx area!” – It is truly one of the things which definitely needs to be looked at…I love the new tracks they made. The one in Southsun Cove and Nightmare Tower really had some immersion and personality.
I just think that Jeremy Soule did not pull this one out…however, more room for new composers to jump in and work on their career.

Feanor

Lacking Terror Music

Posted by: nullixin.9462

nullixin.9462

Aha, nice thread. I enjoy this song when in Orr: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ine3_jdQIIs (+1 to Nobuo Uematsu).

Come feed the rain, come further in

Lacking Terror Music

Rym.1469

I do admit, I haven’t seen that “randomizing” much. It mostly follows the playlist I’ve created and it’s order, favorising (for some reason) default songs, placed in the end of the list.

Anyway, as it was stated, a software which lets you bound specific ambient sounds/battle music/songs with certain places, bosses, NPCs would be a true step foward.

Lacking Terror Music

Orpheal.8263

Aha, nice thread. I enjoy this song when in Orr: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ine3_jdQIIs (+1 to Nobuo Uematsu).

Nobuo Uematsu has nothing to do with Chrono Cross, he hasn’t composed anything from the Soundtrack.

Uematsu has only partwise composed Songtracks from the Prequel Chrono Trigger, due to the real Main Composer of the Game – Yasunori Mitsuda being at that time in the past not able to finish his work due to a stomach issue/illness whatever, so Uematso got asked to finish the work for Squaresoft, when the company had at that time still that name and didn’t fused with Enix.

Mitsuda was for Chrono Cross fully to 100% responsible. I own the OST of Chrono Cross physically and I also have played through Chrono Cross several times (what is needed if you want to have all 40+ playable Characters on 1 Save File, as i own also still the PS1 game as its one of my rare trophies of the old PS1 era)

However, hearing that song again reminds me about how superior alot of console game OSTS are in my opinion over mostly always PC/MMORPG Songtracks, as if game developers of console games would have always like triple to quadrupple as much budget money for creating good songtracks.
But thats just my personal opinion.

Lacking Terror Music

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

Music is good, the soundtrack plays fine by itself, but I do miss how in Guildwars 1 locations in the world had their own themes and even now when hearing these themes will bring me back to those places.

Lacking Terror Music

Posted by: nullixin.9462

nullixin.9462

@Orpheal.8263
Oh, wrong name >.> Well, one or the other, I didn’t really play the FF series and I mixed up some Japanese names, that’s all!

Come feed the rain, come further in

Lacking Terror Music

Posted by: mricezombie.4560

mricezombie.4560

i completely agree that there needs to be specific music to areas and more terror music just like Orpheal posted

Lacking Terror Music

Orpheal.8263

My personal most creepy music will always this

However for GW2 would it be totally unfitting xD unless maybe for Halloween, if Anet would get ever so far to let us all run around on next Halloween as total scary zombies and under a living story lets us kill tons of zombies “g” in the mists in a new map full of zombies “gg” thats extra made to scare the crap out of us ^^

Lacking Terror Music

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

really simple, buy the OST of skyrim and make a good selection of playlists for custom music.
i did it my self, skyrim music actually makes the game seem more immerse then the GW2 OST.

i do have to say that it would be nice if we could make a playlist for different areas, music in queensdale doesn’t fit in orr.

Lacking Terror Music

Posted by: LumAnth.5124

LumAnth.5124

So you like your game being “fluffy” at all time? If you dont want terror music in themed scenarios turn off your sound options, I, do love GW2, i wanna only to seek improvements to the game, and specifc music fitting its scenarios its a must for game immersion.

This would only make the game better, stop with the denial for such details and suggest something instead of being a jerk.

Lol it seems I struck a nerve.

Where did it say I like fluffy music hmmm?

So Origins of Madness and Battle at the Breachmaker is “fluffy”?

And I’m a " jerk" because I stated my opinion? And that you like yours better? Hypocritical much…

This would make the game better for you. But what if the other people? I love “terror” music and all, but when it turns to bad metal/screamo music then that’s when it stops being terror.

Real terror music is something that’s completely unnerving. Have your heard the SH:HOME Scarlet music?

Sorry for the typos….
I’m usually typing on my phone

Lacking Terror Music

Rym.1469

Maybe not only Asian composers, we already have nice ones in Europe.

Kai Rosenkratz (The one responsible for Gothic 1-3 spundtracks) is a true master of ambient music. You can search for his work done for Gothic series and listen to it in any RPG basicly. His music is very subtle and fits everywhere. Who said that we have to have songs?

Another example would be trio of Pawe? B?aszczak, Adam Skorupa and Krzysztof Wierzynkiewicz. They’ve made the best soundtracks for the Witcher series. Their music can be very, outstandingly atmospheric and dark, creepy. Songs from the first game are masterpieces. They’re not “terror” music, but build such climat that you want to look behind after every three steps and follow the road.

Lacking Terror Music

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Maybe not only Asian composers, we already have nice ones in Europe.

Kai Rosenkratz (The one responsible for Gothic 1-3 spundtracks) is a true master of ambient music. You can search for his work done for Gothic series and listen to it in any RPG basicly. His music is very subtle and fits everywhere. Who said that we have to have songs?

Another example would be trio of Pawe? B?aszczak, Adam Skorupa and Krzysztof Wierzynkiewicz. They’ve made the best soundtracks for the Witcher series. Their music can be very, outstandingly atmospheric and dark, creepy. Songs from the first game are masterpieces. They’re not “terror” music, but build such climat that you want to look behind after every three steps and follow the road.

Oh man i forgot about the witcher,that music is enchanting.

These two are stilll my favorites.

Regicide
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBM4fTmISW0

In Temeria
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xK5taRQWJbM