Lag/DCing again....

Lag/DCing again....

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: SallyStitches.4096

SallyStitches.4096

Third night in a row. What is going on with the game lately? The past three nights it’s been around the same time….

Lag/DCing again....

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

seems like LoL have this problem too, it’s probably caused by the weather

Lag/DCing again....

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

Most of my guild and I just DCed while doing guild missions. Major lag before and after too!

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Lag/DCing again....

Posted by: Sir Isaac The Great.5341

Sir Isaac The Great.5341

Same issues here. I love when I want to play and do a dungeon I can’t because THIS and only THIS game I play lags and dcs. GG anet

Lag/DCing again....

Posted by: Lucente.5071

Lucente.5071

Yeah our whole WvW Crew is experiencing the same issue right now. Cant PvP with 3 sec skill lag…

Corrupted Moneybagz – Thief / Moneyz – Warrior
[vT] Violent Tendencies

Lag/DCing again....

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

I thought I was the only one. I am randomly dying as I walk around :c

I gave up trying to play tonight. Luckily I have Tera and Skyrim to keep me company

(edited by Zavve.8205)

Lag/DCing again....

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

It’s not Anet’s fault that kitten troll is DDOS’ing again. I’m not sure if you guys understand that but it’s a 3rd party attacking Anet’s servers indirectly.

http://blogs.csoonline.com/network-security/2989/ddos-attack-cloudflare-customer-larger-spamhaus

Lag/DCing again....

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

this is really getting old.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Lag/DCing again....

Posted by: Amaterasu.6280

Amaterasu.6280

Yup…this is ridiculous.

Kuro – Thief – NA
Undercoverism [UC]

Lag/DCing again....

Posted by: AfterXII.2761

AfterXII.2761

The answer would be that the GW2 Servers, are yet again, under DDOS attack.

http://gw2shinies.com/ – A Guild Wars 2 Trading Post Service
http://gw2tno.com/ – The Nameless Ones [TNO]

Lag/DCing again....

Neural.1824

This keeps coming up, but I’m starting to wonder if that is truly the issue. You’d think that for the 3rd night in a row they’d be a little more prepared with how to stop it when it happened.

Lag/DCing again....

Posted by: Dart.1075

Dart.1075

Yep, think its awesome right around this time every night when its time for all the world events to spawn everyone gets kicked off so we can fail them all, good times. Great Job.

Lag/DCing again....

Vol.7601

This keeps coming up, but I’m starting to wonder if that is truly the issue. You’d think that for the 3rd night in a row they’d be a little more prepared with how to stop it when it happened.

That’s easier said than done.

Lag/DCing again....

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

This is getting very old, very fast.

Lag/DCing again....

Posted by: siralius.9517

siralius.9517

Yup. Either way, Anet needs to take responsibility for this. And if it is true, we have a hacker (or w/e the heck you call those bored man-boy trolls), I’m not sure what these trolls think they’re accomplishing by DDOSing. This kind of stuff only entices the governments to enact more laws to put more of a strangle hold on the internet. GG Anet and bored man-boy “hacker” troll.

I’m just going with the flow.
Let’s make it “Casual Friday” errday.

Lag/DCing again....

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

That’s easier said than done.

Stopping a widescale DDOS is kitten near impossible… you guys need to look up how a DDOS attack works… its extremely difficult, if not impossible to completely stop this kind of DDOS… best anet can do is slow it down..

IF this truely is a DDOS attack (all fingers point to it being so) than theres very little we or anet can do about it..

Lag/DCing again....

Posted by: GragorR.9768

GragorR.9768

Could we get an official response on this? Its been a few nights in a row now, i’m pretty sure Its no coincidence that major ddos attacks have been shutting down major isp’s around the same hours.

Now i’m not blaming you guys in any way, but a little ‘’we are aware of the issue and are working on finding a solution / workaround / w/e’’ would go a long way.

- BG -

Lag/DCing again....

Posted by: xInSaNex.3170

xInSaNex.3170

I’m sure you probably know this guy. https://twitter.com/DerpTrolling

‘’kitten ?@DerpTrolling 34 min
It’s not every day you launch the worlds largest DDoS attack.’’

Lag/DCing again....

Posted by: Distaste.4801

Distaste.4801

Lag/DCing again....

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Lag/DCing again....

Neural.1824

It’s a shame that the US justice system sees them as a joke, and thinks that the best punishment for their actions is to hire them and give them a salary. If they caned the kittens like they do for vandals in Singapore, it would be a better deterrent than a fat paycheck.

Lag/DCing again....

Posted by: Maximka.4128

Maximka.4128

Interesting thing is: I haven’t received any whispers from PvPb..k in a while, right when this lag started I got 2 whispers from 2 different names. It is seems like DdoS, they Ddos to go past overloaded firewalls I guess. I would change your passwords ASAP.

(edited by Maximka.4128)

Lag/DCing again....

Vol.7601

It’s a shame that the US justice system sees them as a joke, and thinks that the best punishment for their actions is to hire them and give them a salary. If they caned the kittens like they do for vandals in Singapore, it would be a better deterrent than a fat paycheck.

Have you already forgot about lulzsec?

They were the original inspiration for kitten Troll. They got caught after several months with some on probation while others were sentenced to 10 years.

One of them was actually an insider by the FBI while another was eventually given a job at an undisclosed employer.

Unfair yeah, but the FBI takes it seriously (they have different divisions for crimes)

Lag/DCing again....

Posted by: Maestria of Strat.2974

Maestria of Strat.2974

Same. I know this game does not require subscriptions but don’t kill the game…

Lag/DCing again....

Posted by: Maximka.4128

Maximka.4128

Interesting thing is: I haven’t received any whispers from I AM A GOLD SPAMMER. PLEASE REPORT ME BY PRESSING THE REPORT FLAG ICON IN THE BOTTOM RIGHT OF THIS POST! in a while, right when this lag started I got 2 whispers from 2 different names. It is deferentially DdoS, they Ddos to go past overloaded firewalls I guess. I would change your passwords ASAP.

LOL, at least their filters still works

Lag/DCing again....

Posted by: xSoul.2548

xSoul.2548

I just started this game again and now it’s D/C’ing me like nuts!

Lag/DCing again....

Neural.1824

They were the original inspiration for kitten Troll. They got caught after several months with some on probation while others were sentenced to 10 years.

One of them was actually an insider by the FBI while another was eventually given a job at an undisclosed employer.

Unfair yeah, but the FBI takes it seriously (they have different divisions for crimes)

I don’t recall anything about a sentencing, just that a bunch of them got a slap on the hand (probation is bullkitten). 10copper bets that the guys pulling this off now are former lulzsec.

Lag/DCing again....

Vol.7601

I don’t recall anything about a sentencing, just that a bunch of them got a slap on the hand (probation is bullkitten). 10copper bets that the guys pulling this off now are former lulzsec.

http://www.theverge.com/2013/11/15/5108288/jeremy-hammond-lulzsec-stratfor-hacker-sentenced

Pretty funny on his reaction.

Lag/DCing again....

Posted by: BBMouse.6510

BBMouse.6510

So this lag only happens at a certain hour but not all day. Just wondering why…

Lag/DCing again....

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

The forum performance seems to have taken a hit too. Nowhere near as bad as the one two days ago.

Lag/DCing again....

Neural.1824

http://www.theverge.com/2013/11/15/5108288/jeremy-hammond-lulzsec-stratfor-hacker-sentenced

Pretty funny on his reaction.

Note that his sentence was for a crime unrelated to DDoS attacks, but actual information theft.

I stand by my comments. DDoS attacks are ignored by the FBI.

Lag/DCing again....

Posted by: KarateKid.5648

KarateKid.5648

One does not simply STOP between 40 and 400 Gbps.

Lag/DCing again....

Neural.1824

One does not simply STOP between 40 and 400 Gbps.

Not saying that Arenanet can prevent such attacks, just seems that they would be ready to do what they can do, if anything.

Lag/DCing again....

Posted by: Eleir.9325

Eleir.9325

Arenanet can not do much about them. They themselves are not being attacked. It is the cloud storage company that they use that is being attacked. It is a very widely used company. The attack that is issued requires a lot of resources, and can only be ran for a short amount of time. Just be patient. Don’t be mad at the Guild Wars 2 team. Be mad at the “hackers”. You can be mad when you divert a pounding 400gb attack.

(Lv. 80 Necromancer)Ash Grimbane [MEAN] – DarkHaven

Lag/DCing again....

Posted by: Tsyras.5274

Tsyras.5274

If the FBI does not go after DDOS, then who does?

This affects the economy one way or another (if they are hitting a cloud storage provider then it hurts much more than Anet), and should be treated the same by the authorities.

Lag/DCing again....

Posted by: shogei.8015

shogei.8015

The same self-centered idiots that launched this attack have hit other targets. You can be sure that someone is wheedling their way into this circus and will eventually bring them down. It may take a couple of months.

Any of you who actually have a server (business or home) can help prevent this by disabling monlist or upgrading your NTP server to a version that doesn’t automatically enable monlist.

Guild warrior for life!