Lag - EUROPE servers

Lag - EUROPE servers

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Vespero.6180

Vespero.6180

As the title says, in the last days we are “almost all” experiencing lag, that makes our skill sparkle but not activate and makes us die in many horrible ways..

I’ve been asking if it was just me (and my group) but i’ve been answered by many many many many others people that things are not okay from some days…
Someone says that servers are busy because of the wvwvw new season but i doubt it’s the reason..

Obviously we already tested our connection and it was perfect (www.speedtest.net)
With someone in my guild we also tried out some other games like Blacklight and Aion and it works perfectly, no lag, no issue, while in the same time, gw2 lags.

Lag - EUROPE servers

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

As the title says, in the last days we are “almost all” experiencing lag, that makes our skill sparkle but not activate and makes us die in many horrible ways..

I’ve been asking if it was just me (and my group) but i’ve been answered by many many many many others people that things are not okay from some days…
Someone says that servers are busy because of the wvwvw new season but i doubt it’s the reason..

Obviously we already tested our connection and it was perfect (www.speedtest.net)
With someone in my guild we also tried out some other games like Blacklight and Aion and it works perfectly, no lag, no issue, while in the same time, gw2 lags.

It may be between you and the game server (which is in Dallas, TX if you are in the states). Speedtest only checks one jump not the multiple jumps it takes to get to the game server. Meaning, it doesn’t mean your connection is fine.

Use something like Pingplotter and check to account.guildwars.com you will see where your issues are. It will look something like this -

Attachments:

(edited by Dusty Moon.4382)

Lag - EUROPE servers

Posted by: Vespero.6180

Vespero.6180

I’m downloading pingplotter now, by the way, we just tried to do the guild missions as every week and it’s really impossible.. my guild just cancelled the weekly pvp tournament because of this lag…
Just try to enter the Edge of the mist or other maps and asks if the other are playing fine, they answered me that it’s the same from 3 days

PS: i’m talking about EU server

Attachments:

Lag - EUROPE servers

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Funny you say that. The last week I’ve been exsperiancing lag. At first I thought it was my FX card. I thought that there must have been some changes in the update that ment my settings where too high. But that was not the case. As it was happening even with everything set to low or off. If your in the UK there seems to be issues with Virgin Media. A lot of people in the city where I live that are on Virgin are saying there Internet it running slow or one second it’s working. And the next it’s not. So it could be that. I’ve been having problems since the WvW tornie started.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Lag - EUROPE servers

Posted by: eXeth.9134

eXeth.9134

exsperiancing

Never seen that version before.

But yea, I’m also experiencing some lag. My main problem is getting disconnected randomly.

Lag - EUROPE servers

Posted by: Mustafa.7684

Mustafa.7684

wow i was about to make a forum topic just like this. Now before i go on to complaining can you clarify couple of details.

Are you currently based in euro and play on NA servers or do you get these lags spikes in Euro Servers?

I belong to the first group and it is really annoying. I PVP, WVW, and PVE and it is soo laggy that I can physically see the difference when i push a skill to activate.

Lag - EUROPE servers

Posted by: Grevender.9235

Grevender.9235

WvW europe is currently nearly unplayable, there is a thread already in the WvW section about this though…

Lag - EUROPE servers

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

In a meeting earlier today, this was a topic of conversation. The best way to help the devs kitten these situations is to create one thread that everyone can join to give details.

If you can post here that would be super.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Lag - EUROPE servers

Posted by: bradldz.3728

bradldz.3728

In a meeting earlier today, this was a topic of conversation. The best way to help the devs kitten these situations is to create one thread that everyone can join to give details.

I’m sorry I just found it amusing how you seem to have got caught by the awesome gw profanity filter xD kinda curious what it was supposed to say

Lag - EUROPE servers

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I’m sorry I just found it amusing how you seem to have got caught by the awesome gw profanity filter xD kinda curious what it was supposed to say

Probably (ass)ess

without the parentheses.

Lag - EUROPE servers

Posted by: Oenanthe.6549

Oenanthe.6549

I might as well add to this. I am based in the UK, use Virgin Media, and my home world is Piken Square.

Over the last month or so I have been experiencing both lag and disconnects at random intervals. Sometimes its just a case of light up the buttons and wait and see whether you or the mob is dead, lasting several seconds, or the teleporting character or mob when you or the mob suddenly appear back where you were a second a go.

The dc is slightly more odd, sometimes it dcs back to the character select screen after a longer lag period, other times it closes the program down completely, not even back to the login page, with or without an error message, and no warning of something being wrong.

My husband also plays and we can be playing at the same time but on different maps and one will have a problem while the other carries on fine. If we are running together, however if one lags or dcs, the other lags or dcs, seeming to indicate that the problem might be linked to the megaserver we are on.

Neither of of PvP or do much WvW so I can’t comment on those areas.