Lag & Subscription

Lag & Subscription

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Krighton.2138

Krighton.2138

If I pay you all $15.00 / month can I have less lag? I mean this is some high quality lag right here for free, I can only imagine how much better it would be if you all could afford to upgrade your equipment.

Let me know, debit card is ready!

Lag & Subscription

Posted by: Haishao.6851

Haishao.6851

Maybe you use that 15/month and get better connection yourself. This way you stop lagging.

Lag & Subscription

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

No lag here, I agree with Haishao.
My husband and I play together on our connection ( 2Mb )and we haven’t had lag since just after launch.

Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by Morrigan.2809)

Lag & Subscription

Posted by: Krighton.2138

Krighton.2138

Maybe you use that 15/month and get better connection yourself. This way you stop lagging.

My connection doesn’t get any better than the best. It appears this “MMO” cannot handle more than 30 players in the same area at once without pooping the bed.

Lag & Subscription

Posted by: Amadeuz.4617

Amadeuz.4617

I have no issue with Lag too.

As Haishao’s suggest. Contact to your ISP or using $15.00 / month to get better connection.

Lag & Subscription

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I see no lag in GW2, on high settings, even in events with 50+ players where there are so many particle effects that I cannot even see the boss. There may be some sort of issue with your ISP if your system is at recommended specs and you are still getting lag.

Lag & Subscription

Posted by: moirweyn.9872

moirweyn.9872

I would suggest checking your hops to the GW2 servers. Your connection speed/ping may be solid but, somewhere along the line between you and the servers could be a problem.

“There are two types of people in the world…and I don’t like them.”

Lag & Subscription

Posted by: Bluestone.7106

Bluestone.7106

I live all the way over in New Zealand, my internet never gets faster then 1.5Mbps (currently seems unable to break 0.8Mbps) download speeds, my computer is mediocre and I do not lag. Ever.

I don’t think its an ArenaNet problem.

My homeworld is Blackgate.
I am a GW2 player in New Zealand.
Check me out on the GW2 wiki.

(edited by Bluestone.7106)

Lag & Subscription

Posted by: Sokar Rostau.7316

Sokar Rostau.7316

What Bluestone said, except that I live in Australia with an equally kitteny ISP and a better computer.

The only time that lag has ever been an issue for me was a couple of weeks ago while doing Teqatl. Everybody complained about the horrendous lag and about half the people there got disconnected at one point during the fight… and the number of people there was about half of an average WvW zerg.

It’s your computer.

Dragonbrand – Reforged Vanguard [ReVa]
Kyxha 80 Ranger, Sokar 80 Necro
Niobe 80 Guardian, Symbaoe 45 Ele

Lag & Subscription

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

i experienced lag issue just once. that was terrible but after a couple of hours everything became normal (maybe I had connection problems).
And for the records you can pay your 15$ and have a crappy and laggy service as it was in WAR.

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara

Lag & Subscription

Posted by: Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Problem isn’t on the side of Anet.

Also paying a subscription doesn’t necessarily mean less lag or a better connection, service, more updates, etc..

IT’S A SWORD. THEY’RE NOT MEANT TO BE SAFE.

Lag & Subscription

Posted by: Redrumickey.9672

Redrumickey.9672

Vey very little lag .There so much that goes into causing besides the game server you paying $15 won’t fixing anything. at night around 5-6 when people get home from there a bump in lag for a hour or so which can get very bad and thats outside the game and my area have one of the fastest connection speeds in the country. I remember UO where you could lag for 1-5 mins between steps when in the city limits ! We have it so good nowadays.

Lag & Subscription

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

2mb connection, never had lag.
Improve your internet.

Lag & Subscription

Posted by: Hunterdan.4921

Hunterdan.4921

Yeah, I don’t really get any lag. I’d also be willing to bet that the servers we run on are just as good, if not better than a server for a pay to play mmo.

This thread has no purpose, other than to be a butt.

Lag & Subscription

Posted by: tarnin.1690

tarnin.1690

Yeah, I don’t really get any lag. I’d also be willing to bet that the servers we run on are just as good, if not better than a server for a pay to play mmo.

This thread has no purpose, other than to be a butt.

That’s probably not correct. Very little is in house for them, the reset is EC2 cloud crap which is known to be iffy at best. Cheap disks that constantly crap out (they just had a huge outage two days ago). While the idea is cool so we have no patch down days, the bottle necks and low disk performance with those servers is pretty evident with the culling and perma stealth thieves.

Lag & Subscription

Posted by: CC Ivonne.6782

CC Ivonne.6782

Community Coordinator

Hello everybody,
this thread is off-topic and because of that, it will be locked.
Thanks for understanding.