Lag - a solution ?

Lag - a solution ?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: toothless.1429

toothless.1429

As a preface I should state that my thoughts can be instantly disregarded as I am playing on a minimum spec machine.

We all have experienced that video/network lag when large numbers of players are in close proximity. Beit an open world event or in WvW.

I am sure they are already working on rendering priorities, for example; world, self, party, npcs, mob, guild, etc.
Sure I read somewhere also that we are to have options that we ourselves can customize to suit our preferences.
I would like to propose three further options which would help improve me fps and loading times.

Quaggans and Rabbits
It seems to me that a lot of the strain on my fps is the loading of character models.
I propose we have the option to use quaggans and rabbits.

In the PVE world, npcs could be rabbits and other players could be quaggans.
In WvW, enemy servers could be different coloured quaggans.

This cuts down on loading different character models, different armour, different profession/race animations, etc.
All my lowly laptop would have to load is a one quaggan model with all the appropriate (skill) animations.

Also has the bonus incentive of doing WvW as I would be killing quaggans. Win/win.

Particle effects and Shinies.
Give me the option to reduce spell effects, whether it be mine or another players. Of course combo fields and red circles are important, but you get what I mean.

Vanity items generally have fancy graphics which are exactly that; vanity.
Give me the option of not seeing someone’s legendary, not seeing a weapon’s or armour’s particle effects, hell I don’t even want my fps to suffer with foot prints on the ground. Sounds like another win/win to me, especially as they would be a generic quaggan anyway.

I hate parties and don’t like grouping.
Of course that is not me, but I read that others do like to play this MMO as a single player experience.
Give them the option of not rendering any players at all. Win.

;TLDR
Ignore the above as I am running on minimum spec, and I’m sure ANet have it all under control. Oh, and please read the above with a

Lag - a solution ?

Posted by: HierUndDa.9235

HierUndDa.9235

Me totally agrees with above solutions!
Killing cute Quaggans is always fun.

Another win will be that prices for legendaries will go down drastically as most players only buy/get them to pose for other players. If one could just turn off legendary skins most ppl won’t care about legendaries anymore!

Lag - a solution ?

Posted by: gillius.2856

gillius.2856

yea hide others spell FX , would be great , when there are so many people attacking one thing all i can see is a ball of light…:)

Lag - a solution ?

Posted by: MrMacAndCheese.3907

MrMacAndCheese.3907

Lag - a solution ?

Posted by: Hellkaiser.6025

Hellkaiser.6025

+1 internets

here is your coupon, be sure to click the link below and carefully remove the portion of the screen with SAFETY SCISSORS, we don’t want any accidents now

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/034/706/winternet.jpg?1318992465

Irony…. xD

Lag - a solution ?

Posted by: Huck.1405

Huck.1405

Particle effects and Shinies.
Give me the option to reduce spell effects, whether it be mine or another players. Of course combo fields and red circles are important, but you get what I mean.

Vanity items generally have fancy graphics which are exactly that; vanity.
Give me the option of not seeing someone’s legendary, not seeing a weapon’s or armour’s particle effects, hell I don’t even want my fps to suffer with foot prints on the ground. Sounds like another win/win to me, especially as they would be a generic quaggan anyway.

This, I agree with. The spell effects at large boss fights, Maw for example, are insane! One cant even see anything EXCEPT the spell effects. And while I have a great comp those effects lag me up, not badly, but being able to reduce those graphics would be nice. Hell, it’s all eye candy anyway so there should be a option to reduce them.

“You can teach ’em, but you cant learn ’em.”