Largos as a playable race?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Akira.2598

Akira.2598

Has Anet considered making Largos a playable race? I think they would be pretty cool. Though I understand a lot of effort will be needed to create a new playable race, but I sincerely hope Anet would seriously considered this and even make it happen.

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

those dudes are mostly water creatures and are meant to be mysterios… to make em a playable race would sorta take that mystery away from them big time. Also largos avoid land dwellers on purpose…they dont even trade or stuff like the tengu do. Id say…meh.. nah.. lets keep em mysterios. (though i wouldnt complain at all if they would add some armor in their style..cause that stuff is kitten)

Posted by: OMNIBUS.2913

OMNIBUS.2913

Would def make a largo if they made them playable. Also still hoping for tengu one day.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Imagine all the clipping …

Posted by: BenjaminK.8792

BenjaminK.8792

Hi everybody,

i would definitively like the Largos as a playable race. Since they ARE indeed a mysterious people, it would be crucial to create a good story or open with a “big bang” moment to bring them into play/force them to interact with Tyria´s other races.
I am convinced that they have a huge potential and that a lot of people don´t like them for gameplay reasons (fear of clipping, limited customization, underwater combat etc.)… but story- and lorewise they would be great!
Including them into the game would add new topics, environments, plotlines and of course “bubbles”. So thumbs up that we will get them some day!! ;-)

Best regards to all players and ArenaNet
Benjamin

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

They are special because they are mysterious.

Lose the mystery – lose the value.

All you would be left with is a human with wings. Their lore isn’t THAT interesting.

Posted by: Alga.6498

Alga.6498

They look pretty kitten, although we haven’t seen that much of them, only in the storyline and you can find enemies of them somewhere in the water in the Orr.
Anything new added race would be good.

|GW1 2008~|GW2 BETA player|Separatist|Nightmare Court|Ebonhawke|Ascalon|White Mantle|71 characters|

Posted by: Shinya.2598

Shinya.2598

If there’ll be a new race, it’ll be tengu, not one of these races with only one look

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Hopefully not. I can understand the some people might like them, seeing as they are a pile on cliches badly glued together, but for me it’s a definite turnoff.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Filaha.1678

Filaha.1678

You want to know why they don’t?

Two words: Largos Engineer.

Wings + Hobosack? No.

And to a lesser degree, every single back item and back-mounted weapon ever. If you thought people complained about Charr tail clipping…

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

I don’t know how they would balance the fact that they can be permanently invisible with the other races in WvW and PvP. Doesn’t seem likely that they would use this race for PCs.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Posted by: Anyandrell.6238

Anyandrell.6238

I’m rooting for Largos as a playable race more than for any other race. Thief Largos. Racial stealth. drifts off dreamily

Posted by: nGumball.1283

nGumball.1283

Largos would be an option when Anet shifts their focus to underwater-gameplay (which doesn’t seem to be happening soon). When Anet improves their underwater-gameplay then there is the possibility of introducing Largos as GW2’s first race with a home-city underwater.

Posted by: Xander.9024

Xander.9024

Largos would be an option when Anet shifts their focus to underwater-gameplay (which doesn’t seem to be happening soon). When Anet improves their underwater-gameplay then there is the possibility of introducing Largos as GW2’s first race with a home-city underwater.

I’m thinking that if we ever get to “Bubbles” maybe that would open up the their home zone to us. Hopefully by then underwater combat will have a bit more tlc added.

Posted by: caveman.5840

caveman.5840

can i play a race like the monkey king .
and can i have a class that fights with a staff like Jackie chan

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

can i play a race like the monkey king .
and can i have a class that fights with a staff like Jackie chan

They’re probably developing this and more for the new Chinese overlords :p