Last 2 updates worth of an expansion?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: kishter.9578

kishter.9578

i have the right to say this guy ColinJohanson, I dont like him! why? well
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35BPhT-KI1E. i dont like to be lied. and thats my opinion. i keep attached to this game just for the nostargia i have from GW1, you guys should learn about those past game.

We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2. No one enjoys that.

Posted by: schizandra.4587

schizandra.4587

Have they pulled the GW1 servers and I didn’t hear about it? What’s with the nostalgia?

Posted by: Goettel.4389

Goettel.4389

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35BPhT-KI1E. i dont like to be lied. and thats my opinion. i keep attached to this game just for the nostargia i have from GW1, you guys should learn about those past game.

Nobody lied to you, get a grip dude.

Send an Asura who knows math. Problem solved.

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Have they pulled the GW1 servers and I didn’t hear about it? What’s with the nostalgia?

No, the servers are still active, I was on them last night. It’s just that there’s much fewer people playing.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: Kingfisher.7213

Kingfisher.7213

I don’t know what expansions they’ve played, but this is hype at best. This is not expansion worth of depth and systems.

From his response earlier, it sounded like a Marketing driven idea to say those things:

Saying something like “expansions worth of content” means different things to everyone, and is nearly an impossible goal to meet expectation wise since everything expects something different, which is a big part of why marketing stepped away from that plan very quickly after asking us to use it when speaking to the press/fans.

It doesn’t sound to me like he agreed with their idea.

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I don’t know what expansions they’ve played, but this is hype at best. This is not expansion worth of depth and systems.

From his response earlier, it sounded like a Marketing driven idea to say those things:

Saying something like “expansions worth of content” means different things to everyone, and is nearly an impossible goal to meet expectation wise since everything expects something different, which is a big part of why marketing stepped away from that plan very quickly after asking us to use it when speaking to the press/fans.

It sounds as though marketing got pulled aside by some developer(s) and . . .

. . . got a patiently and well-reasoned explanation of why this was probably way too much to suggest for them to work on, and that maybe they should reconsider it.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

kishter.9578

Nobody lied to you, get a grip dude.

skip to 1:32 and this time HEAR what he say, and i dont know. tell me! What is COF1 and FOTM?

Posted by: schizandra.4587

schizandra.4587

I was going to mention this. If I had to guess, I would say that was probably an NCSoft call.

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Skip to 1:32 and this time HEAR what he say, and i dont know. tell me! What is COF1 and FOTM?

One really ugly option which has a couple frustrating moments, and the other seems to have the Swamp Fractal queued up just for me, every time I play it. So, well, I don’t do one and I do the other with guild members so we can laugh about “great balls of fire” and assorted puns.

Also, seems to me he’s talking about combat being boring and “I stand there and swing like it’s a pinata”. Aaaaand that’s usually a good way to get flattened. So no, they don’t want you doing that. No lie, move along.

kishter.9578

I was going to mention this. If I had to guess, I would say that was probably an NCSoft call.

are you telling me someone have pulled the strings?

Skip to 1:32 and this time HEAR what he say, and i dont know. tell me! What is COF1 and FOTM?

One really ugly option which has a couple frustrating moments, and the other seems to have the Swamp Fractal queued up just for me, every time I play it. So, well, I don’t do one and I do the other with guild members so we can laugh about “great balls of fire” and assorted puns.

Also, seems to me he’s talking about combat being boring and “I stand there and swing like it’s a pinata”. Aaaaand that’s usually a good way to get flattened. So no, they don’t want you doing that. No lie, move along.

well im better chill out, i have to work, in some words you have the true, but have to say i dont feel happy.

(edited by kishter.9578)

Posted by: Gord.8654

Gord.8654

Why do people waste their time analyzing and debating over every word that comes out of the Anet devs mouth? I could understand it if we paid a sub fee but we don’t and tbh I am quite impressed for the amount of changes that went into this game from launch.

Everyone complained that there was no guesting now everyone is complaining that they can’t do dragons because everyone is guesting lol it makes my head spin! Stop spending your time looking for the conspiracy and just play the game!!!

Host of SOTD Podcast www.sotdpodcastblog.wordpress.com

Posted by: Flamenco.3894

Flamenco.3894

If I see anyone linking that manifesto AGAIN I will swing my sword not twice but

thrice.

Prince Rurik and Lady Althea. Anyone else see the incompatibilty here?

Posted by: Sovta.4719

Sovta.4719

I could understand it if we paid a sub fee but we don’t and tbh I am quite impressed for the amount of changes that went into this game from launch.

I’m also impressed by the amount of changes, now bring back the original idea for GW2!

Tobias Trueflight.8350

If I see anyone linking that manifesto AGAIN I will swing my sword not twice but

thrice.

No, I’d love them to, seeing it where things are taken out of context is fun to poke holes in.

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

Im least focused and concerned about “an expansions worth of content for free” and more concerned about how with every patch, the game veers further away from what most of us thought the game would turn out to be(from interviews, webcasts, etc). Then an arenanet employee comes here and says they do not think they went back on their original goals, missions or philosophies at all, yet a lot of the playerbase feels this way. Perception is reality.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Posted by: Geikamir.6329

Geikamir.6329

I’m just wondering when we will be more armor sets with these updates (if ever).

I’m so tired of trenchcoats and butt skirts that I’m about to start WvW’ing naked.

Toons: Foreseer, Geikamir, Rapscallion, Specimen, Scythian, Zeau, Ärtifact, and Replica.

Posted by: Goettel.4389

Goettel.4389

skip to 1:32 and this time HEAR what he say, and i dont know. tell me! What is COF1 and FOTM?

They are elements in a much larger game that you evidently choose to run again and again, not because you’re having fun doing it, but because you’re chasing the gear dragon (no pun intended). The point you’re not getting is that it sounds pretty crazy to more rational folk that you would force yourself to spend time not having fun, then afterwards spend more time complaining about your choice.

Again, you weren’t lied too, and your argument is weak.

Send an Asura who knows math. Problem solved.

Posted by: kailin.4905

kailin.4905

If the March patch revitalizes WvW a bit, adds some more of the necessary features to tpvp, and they continue to revamp the current dungeons I would consider the trifecta of patches to have delivered an expansions worth of content. Now before you label me fanboy let me say I still think the game is completely imbalanced and half of the content they did add is grindy and gated. Still they didn’t exactly lie about what was coming, they just conveniently left out the details.

Posted by: bluejay.6739

bluejay.6739

It’s pretty obvious they are behind on their schedule and that they did not release the content they planned to.

Stuff happens…

Posted by: Recycle.5493

Recycle.5493

Shouldn’t people learn by now that Anet is good at making false advertisement and empty promises? Major bugs like culling and connection lag/DC have been complained since launch, and the problems have only gotten worse. What about that promise to make ranger in line with other professions? Ranger got a huge nerf on spirit greatsword in BWE and a nerf to short bow for “not fun.” Seriously, the two class balancing dudes(who shall not be named but we all know who they are) balance weapons for reasons like “we don’t think it’s fun.” And now trap ranger counters bunkers in PvP, they’re gonna nerf traps just because of that. Of course there’re pretty talks of “we’ll bring other skills in line” and “not completely destroy the build”, but after spirit greatsword nerf in BWE, we know this cannot be trusted either.

Posted by: DreamOfACure.4382

DreamOfACure.4382

In the last two months (in PvE alone)…

• New Dailies tasks
  • New reward system (Laurels)
  • Res-rush eliminated
  • Guesting fixed and implemented
  • Rare-item drop rate fixed to chests – Balancing income between Open-Worlders and Dungeon-runners
  • Guild Missions —> Player-generated dynamic events
  • Achievement tracking

Definitely not an expansion’s worth of content, but better then a normal patch’s worth.
They’re definitely overhyping, but I’m not dissatisfied, so I’m learning to ignore the hype.

“Bleeding, Poison, Confusion, Torment, they all look delightful on you.”

Lv80s: Guard, Thief, Necro. Renewed my Altaholic’s card on the HoT Hype-Train. Choo choo~

Posted by: Wretchedscar.4796

Wretchedscar.4796

I think a lot of this is simply people hearing what they want to hear, and then when what they wanted didn’t happen, start claiming that the sky is falling. These Living story things are clearly build ups to something larger, the guild events seem to be large scale coordinated pve that the game was clearly missing. Every month since launch they have shoveled content at us. Latching onto one phrase (Expansions Worth of Content) and deciding that means an actual literal expansion and then calling them liars is silly. They are obviously dumping tons of effort and depth and content into the game. Just because you imagined cake and it wasn’t served doesn’t mean they stole your cake.

Posted by: Kojiden.8405

Kojiden.8405

How convenient that you forget guild missions..

With such an insanely high amount of influence you need to get guild missions.. it might as well not be mentioned.