Last Stand Shelter chock full of bots.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: RLD.7439

RLD.7439

A few dozen bots, yes, a few dozen! In Last Stand Shelter, Fields of Ruin Sanctum of Rall server.
They are making it completely impossible to do the event. I would call this a priority matter.

Where do we report these actions?

“If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.” -CS

Posted by: Fiennes.9568

Fiennes.9568

Select them, right click their portrait – Choose “Report”, select “Botting”, Click “Okay”, Move on.

Posted by: Polaritie.4851

Polaritie.4851

Yeah. Probably because it’s kind of out of the way, and people never go through unless doing that particular heart.

Posted by: Voqar.2349

Voqar.2349

Um, I don’t have the time to report all those bots every time I see them. There are so many kittening bots in cursed shore that you could spend all day reporting them.

At some points like Shelter, there are so many bots piled on top of each other that you can’t even select them all individually to report them. There are 10-15 bots there on Maguuma, and at many other places I’ve seen, all thru the game, in every zone I go to.

On top of the bot gangpiles at spots like that, there are groups of romaing bots running around in circles mowing down trash 24/7 all over the kitten map. I cannot do a single gathering run thru that zone (the only reason to be there unless you ARE a bot or having done zone completion yet) without seeing bots by the dozen.

Plus, ANet isn’t doing a kittening thing about the bots. We report them day in and day out and they are there, every day, 24/7, going, going, going.

Instead of dealing with bots ANet does random kitten that kittens over players, like altering repop timers on T6 gathering nodes so that actually PLAYING the kittening game becomes more miserable and less fun, and it doesn’t do jack kitten to bots that run 24/7 and don’t give a kitten.

Let’s see what altering repop timers on T6 nodes does. It makes gathering in those kitteny zones even more miserable. It makes people more inclined to just cheat and buy gold since the gold you earn via gathering or crafting is kitteny anyways, it doesn’t affect bots at all since they can log in all day and night forever and ANet doesn’t do kitten about them anyways.

More and more I feel like ANet are amateurs and this game isn’t worth playing. It makes me sad since the game seemed to have so much potential early on. One can only level so many alts no matter how good the content is, and even leveling content is so buggy at times and every zone has so many bots that it just makes one miserable EVERYWHERE.

They don’t change the content to make it less bot prone. They don’t do anything AT ALL about bots that are reported. I’ve been reporting the same bots in cursed shore and watching them go for weeks now.

Every zone has broken skill point challenges. Every patch says it fixes them but it doesn’t, just bouncing the game does, for a few hours. So I might think, well, I’ll just play an alt and do a zone comletion. No, I won’t, because every zone has 1-2 broken challenges and server bounces are so infrequent now that you’re stuck waiting for a bounce to finish a zone.

ANet seemed highly committed for the first 2 weeks, now they seem to be on an 8-5 M-F sched doing as little as humanly possible. Counting up the cash maybe? Zero announcements of more content of any type coming except maybe some idiotic holiday nonsense fluff.

It’s pretty sad when bliz is already announcing a content patch for kung fu panda, which came out after GW2, and nothing from ANet. When bliz is outdoing you for content, you are failing, because bliz has only been in it for the money for years now and kitten all over their subscribers. I expect to pay more for more content with ANet, which is fine, but there’s not even any word of new paid for content yet. Understandable since they can’t even get what they have working correctly, broken stuff everywhere, and they can’t even manage to deal with blatantly obvious bots that get reported hundreds of times for weeks on end.

Posted by: Rukia.4802

Rukia.4802

This thread is new and exciting.

“I find this rain quite pleasant, it feels as though raindrops are blessing our victory”

Posted by: Threat Level Zero.8052

Threat Level Zero.8052

I’m also on Rall and reported them all two days ago when I was there helping a friend level. I went back to see after reading this and certainly enough the same ones were there but they also seemed to have multiplied. Maybe I should stop reporting them it only seems to make them spread!

Posted by: Natjur.4017

Natjur.4017

Any place that is out of the way and has an event that can be triggered by X number of people, is current a bot haven.

Would be nice if the ‘hot spots’ where monitored by a human GM. I understand they can’t monitor it all, but the hot spots should stand out a mile away!

Posted by: LOCO.1785

LOCO.1785

The sad thing is everything ANet has tried thus far to stop bots has only impacted legit players negatively while the bots thrive and multiply.

I don’t have much faith left in ANet. Their lack of communication on the issue doesn’t help either.

Posted by: Unfortunately.5940

Unfortunately.5940

In before “please post in the official bot thread that we don’t look at” & lock.

Differently/Sixtysix Sixes – Fort Aspenwood

(edited by Unfortunately.5940)

Posted by: Ghoest.3945

Ghoest.3945

Im guessing most of the charaters you think are bots are actually real players.

I often just stand and wait the shelter for events. The go afk while I wait for the next one. I see many other people doing the same.

Posted by: BlowFish.5174

BlowFish.5174

Situation is dire. Most games with this level of botting never recover there reputations. The bots are so absurdly crude they are trivial to identify. I’m staggered Anet is allowing them to proliferate. It is currently deterring me from playing currently (along with the new torchlight and borderlands)

Posted by: Natjur.4017

Natjur.4017

I often just stand and wait the shelter for events. The go afk while I wait for the next one. I see many other people doing the same.

All depend if you go AFK with auto fire on using a programmable keyboard so if the event does trigger you get the reward.

AFK botting (stand and fire) is still botting.

Posted by: Mars.6319

Mars.6319

Coming from someone who now plays on Kaineng, a few dozen bots in any location would be a large reduction.

Posted by: Zeivu.3615

Zeivu.3615

I see a lot of naked people going around farming ore and wood and then they disappear. I don’t think they are all well-behaving players.

Posted by: Ghoest.3945

Ghoest.3945

All depend if you go AFK with auto fire on using a programmable keyboard so if the event does trigger you get the reward.

AFK botting (stand and fire) is still botting.

Stop making up crap about other posters.
I clearly said I was afk while waiting for events.

And thats what most of the other people you see standing there are doing too.