Last patch ruined Fotm Chests esplly Jade Maw

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: DKNS.2135

DKNS.2135

I tried it again and again but all i have been getting are blues and greens from the Jade Maw chest. Even Cores are very rare now let alone lodestones. The chests at the events give much better loot than this. So it has become completely nonsensical to run fractals except for the fun of it which ain’t much after you have run like 297 fractals. I don’t understand whether its a bug or what but it makes no sense. Its like Anet doesn’t want us to do fractals but go camp at the dragons. Please write your post-patch experience with the fractal chests below. It needs to be fixed otherwise there is absolutely no point in wasting 1.5-2 hours on it imo.

BG LA Best LA !!!

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

It wasn’t this patch, but the Jan 28 patch that did FOTM chests in. It has been crap ever since. I quit running FOTM for this reason. No reason to run them for relics/pristine relics because they are useless now. Nothing to purchase with them.

But the official response is nothing was done to effect FOTM chests once so ever. Just bad RNG.

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Non sensical to run fractals?
-Fractal weapons
-Backpiece
-Slots
-Loot

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

DKNS.2135

It wasn’t this patch, but the Jan 28 patch that did FOTM chests in. It has been crap ever since. I quit running FOTM for this reason. No reason to run them for relics/pristine relics because they are useless now. Nothing to purchase with them.

But the official response is nothing was done to effect FOTM chests once so ever. Just bad RNG.

I was still getting decent loot but after the last patch it was been far from good. I mean its really really bad. And yes, i have noticed a really big decline in the number of lfg/lfm posts over the past few days as well.

-Fractal weapons
-Backpiece
-Slots
-Loot

Did you read what i wrote, the loot is abysmal as of now, completely rubbish. The mobs seem to have been nerfed too. Backpiece is not a big deal. Only reason i imagine people running it is for fractal skins.

BG LA Best LA !!!

Posted by: Blackwolfe.5649

Blackwolfe.5649

Im seeing the opposite. Ive been getting better loot from fractal chests lately.

Colin Johansen casts – Working As Intended
Colin Johansen hits you for 239407889 damage
Game over

DKNS.2135

Im seeing the opposite. Ive been getting better loot from fractal chests lately.

What level do you run and have you run it after the last patch ?? Because i haven’t made this post just on my experience. Every party i run with has complained of getting rubbish loot from the Maw chest.

BG LA Best LA !!!

Posted by: Blackwolfe.5649

Blackwolfe.5649

10, several times. But it might just be luck. Used to have mostly bad drops pre-patch while the people I run with got good drops alot of the time. Though only reached 10 in reward level last time I ran it so I cant speak for the daily chest reall .

Colin Johansen casts – Working As Intended
Colin Johansen hits you for 239407889 damage
Game over

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

-Fractal weapons
-Backpiece
-Slots
-Loot

Fractal weapons: Only if you want one, or want the skin. Otherwise, moot.
Backpiece: If you are at the fractal level where you can get fractal weapons, you better have that backpiece already. Moot.
Slots: What?
Loot: Get this from…dragon chests?

I have noticed less people running fotm lately(yay). Couldnt quite put my finger on why. Interesting though.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Mad Rasputin.7809

^ What he said. Fractal weapons skins is the only reason to run higher level fractals. You should already have your backpiece. You should already have your 20 slot boxes maxed out. And if the loot is not good for you, there is no other reason to run them.

Other than fractal skins, loot is the only other thing enticing anyone to fractals.

Posted by: Bartas.4908

Bartas.4908

Not only fractals aren’t worth doing anymore but also most dungeons. I mean, why bother with a dungeon when I get 10x better loot from DE’s/Temples/Dragons? Most of my guildies agree with it that only reason to do dungeons now is to get some skins/tokens and that’s it.

Proud member of [BOO]
Thief/Necro/Guardian/Mesmer/Elementalist of SFR EU

Posted by: Dreamslayer.7659

Dreamslayer.7659

I’m at fractal 32 and I still don’t have my back piece. I need about 100 more relics but even without it. you can get 25AR with 2 rings and an amulet.

Posted by: Reymis.2158

Reymis.2158

I have been getting much the same loot from FoTM, rares cores and the occasional lodestone, even exotics. I think you are just on the RNG naughty list as of now. It has happened to me as well. I salvaged 19 rares to get 1 ecto with BL kits the other day.

Posted by: Hawkian.6580

Hawkian.6580

Why isn’t anyone mentioning Ascended rings for alts? Even if loot were nerfed to be nonexistent (it hasn’t, I fear you’re just having a spate of bad luck :[), you’d still be able to do that.

edit: Also, easy 20 slot boxes for alts- best thing about fractals in my personal opinion.

As to the other dungeons… they’re a better source of everything besides loot than basically anything else. Gold, XP, karma, and tokens of course for skins you can’t get anywhere else (or, if it suits you, more rares/exotics to pile onto your ever-growing stack to salvage for ectos).

You’re free to think that pursuing only the loot from the chests at World Events is the best use of your time, but if you really wanted to “maximize your gains” you’d do a mix of those and other content… which is exactly the way it should be.

And a final note… better than anything is just doing what you enjoy. I mean, it’s possible to run Fractals or a dungeon primarily for the gameplay experience rather than the reward. But I know that’s not the topic of this thread, so hopefully the raw info in the first three paragraphs will be a little helpful.

Posted by: oruma.4092

oruma.4092

^
nope was stated that fractal loot didnt get nerfed but it was

i ran fractals mainly because it was the only decent loot, now with 2 minute lagfest events i wont bother anymore 1-3 rare for 2 minute work thats like the same amount i get from fractals which take like one hour or more 30/40+

350 fractals done tons daily got 3 skins and an alt full of rings

and yes you get sometimes decent loot from fractals, but its too much rng to legitimate the time invested

Posted by: Hawkian.6580

Hawkian.6580

What do you mean “was stated that it didn’t get nerfed but it was”?

Posted by: void.6705

void.6705

I have also noticed a drop in rare’s, exo’s and cores from FoTM we run 22-30 a lot. Now maybe its some bad luck with RNG, but since the change in the World Events I have noticed a drop in fractal rares, exotics and cores.

Posted by: Rhaps.8540

Rhaps.8540

I have no doubt that people saying the loot is bad are telling the truth. But when I tested it today I got a charged core and two rares from the maw chest along with 2 more rares from the chests in the other fractals.

It’s possibly linked to DR as this was the first fractal I’ve done in about a fortnight.

Seafarer’s Rest – Guild Leader The Deamon Army [TDA]

Posted by: Uncle Salty.6342

Uncle Salty.6342

Even though I’m not a fan of Anet at this juncture, my opinion is, FOTM was made a challenge.

Where you get to higher levels, things get harder and completion equates to satisfaction. Not every instance nor any was designed with farming in mind.

Once you get that right, the redundance of this thread might seem a little more prominent.

Posted by: Lafiel.9372

Lafiel.9372

I get 2 cores minimum from the last chest in my last 10 fractal runs. Observed anecdotal reports are bias.

Mad Rasputin.7809

I disagree with completion equates to satisfaction. It has been said by the devs that the higher the level of fractal you do, the better your chance at better loot.

My loot drops have appeared to have declines since January 28 patch. Could just be RNG, but I’ve ran enough FOTM since the patch to garner an opinion.

Of course, it was said for months that nothing was wrong with loot drops in general even though there were many vocal people who claimed just the opposite. And, weirdly enough, there actually WAS something wrong with the loot drops.

Uncle Salty.6342

I disagree with completion equates to satisfaction. It has been said by the devs that the higher the level of fractal you do, the better your chance at better loot.

My loot drops have appeared to have declines since January 28 patch. Could just be RNG, but I’ve ran enough FOTM since the patch to garner an opinion.

Of course, it was said for months that nothing was wrong with loot drops in general even though there were many vocal people who claimed just the opposite. And, weirdly enough, there actually WAS something wrong with the loot drops.

3 toons.

3 weeks. 1 in mid 30s. 2 in 10s and 20s.

400 fractals completed achievement.

This isn’t bragging but emphasising the intensity I’ve been doing fractals in a short period of time. If you wish to compare duration/statistics as a basis of accuracy of opinion then mine is better/bigger than yours. (said in jest, mostly)

It’s just rng. Loots are fine.

Mad Rasputin.7809

You definately have better numbers than me.

But I’ve done somewhere around 400 fractals between Dec-Jan. I have done some since also. 1 toon. Level 29. I was doing Fractals pretty intensely there for a while too.

I’m just saying, I didn’t just have one or two bad runs and thought the system was off. I do believe I have ran enough in a span of time to gather an opinion on whether or not the drops have gone to crap for me. And they have.

Just like a lot of other people with the open world loot bug, I had issues where there were numerous other reports of people not having any problems at all. I have no doubt you or numerous other people are not experiencing this issue. But as history has proven, that doesn’t necessarily mean there is not an issue.

Even though DR isn’t supposed to touch fractals, I have a weird feeling that DR is responsible for a LOT of the current issues in the game.

Posted by: oruma.4092

oruma.4092

3 toons.

3 weeks. 1 in mid 30s. 2 in 10s and 20s.

400 fractals completed achievement.

This isn’t bragging but emphasising the intensity I’ve been doing fractals in a short period of time. If you wish to compare duration/statistics as a basis of accuracy of opinion then mine is better/bigger than yours. (said in jest, mostly)

It’s just rng. Loots are fine.

u done 400 fractals but havent passed 35?

so please u got only an opinion aswell, its always the same some people get lucky and some not. reminds me of the loot disaster after karka event and people like you say its ok so half the people dont know what to think.

accomplishment is fine but if you get same loot above 30/40 its not

because u got lucky with rng doesnt make it fine or right, neither my experience

Posted by: Ayoe.2136

Ayoe.2136

I have to agree on this..I also gave up on Fractal. The last 3 Fractal runs i did, i got 1 rare in each run., and that was Fractal level 30, so i thought, why waste time on that, when Anet are goin to punish you for playing Fractal.

Posted by: Felicela.2810

Felicela.2810

RNG at its best, I am still pulling a Rare almost every chest, and gotten more exotics from FotM in the past 2 week than I have since launch of FotM

Posted by: phantom.8426

phantom.8426

guardian lvl 50, doing constant 38 and 48 daily and what I can say is that loot is very bad, try do to the shaman at 48 and see how much skill it takes and after all that you get a blue or at best a rare.

I am very dissapointed, no brainers camp dragons and spam autoattack and get 2-3 rares or even exotics, I spend 2-3 hours and get most of the times nothing.

Yes i do get skins from time to time, 99% of them I can’t use… and i can’t sell them, i can’t forge them… and yes i get from time to time exotics from chest… ACCOUNT BOUND…. imo something is wrong, there should be at least guaranteed 1-2 rare loot per chest.

Posted by: lekyii.9856

lekyii.9856

in some time a Dev will say that is RNG.

Now fractals right now it sucks, theres no reason to keep doing fractals after 20+ because the gear is the same.

We cant infuse Amulets and probably accessorys because they dont drop in fractals and thats is stupid.

Most of us have 30+ rings in the bank doing nothing and 5000+ relics and 100+ Pristines in the bank and right now we cant do nothing with them and thats a shame this could be alot of potencial.

And for last is really stupid give a better reward(-100% to get a rare) at lvl 11 event that take 5minutes to complete(Fire elemental/Maw etc) and give BLUES and GREENS for doing a Fractals that take atleast 40m i just dont do 40 in fractals because of that, and yes you can do 40+ even 50 or 60 with 35ar.

And can some Dev tell me how hard it is to make ascended gear salvage and how hard is to introduce new ascended gear(amulets/accessorys) in the daily chest and in the fractals vendor? Really how hard could it be.

(edited by lekyii.9856)

Posted by: Tinboy.7954

Tinboy.7954

RNG is RNG. I’ve been doing lvl 10 daily fractal everyday and sometimes I get 5 rares + several exotics. Sometimes I get 0 rares. Sometimes 1 rare. It is RNG. Also, I’ve been getting cores pretty much on most of my runs.

Posted by: Miss Pink Floyd.9730

Miss Pink Floyd.9730

Same thing yesterday, all greens and blues

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

I agree with the OP fractal loot is now the worst in the game, the only reason to run them is for ascended items.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

Open world chest reward loot is better now. Everyone out of FotM and into open world.

morrolan.9608

Open world chest reward loot is better now. Everyone out of FotM and into open world.

Why not simply make everything the same?

Jade Quarry [SoX]

Posted by: critickitten.1498

critickitten.1498

Well, see, they can’t have you making money. That would go totally against their anti-grind philosophy, you see. That’s also why they capped World Boss chests to one per day. They’ve said they don’t want players repeating events over and over to farm them.

Of course, what this perspective fails to understand is that there’s nothing inherently wrong with people farming if it’s something they enjoy doing. I, for example, like killing the Shatterer, but now that he doesn’t properly reward me, I don’t waste time killing him at all any more. Same thing happened to Fractals: I liked the experience and I felt rewarded for my time. Now, not so much, so I haven’t run Fractals in a while. Instead of encouraging me to “mix it up”, they’re driving me away from content that I previously found rewarding and fun to play.

They don’t want people farming (even if they enjoy doing it), so they’re setting strict limits on how often you can do anything in their game and significantly reducing the amount of loot you can earn when you play. Setting daily/weekly limits on content, loot table adjustments, diminishing returns, etc.

I think that GW2’s devs need to talk to the original devs of FF14. FF14 employed something called a “fatigue system” whose primary goal was to punish you for playing extended periods of time in the game by giving you lower experience and poorer loot drops. Sort of like how GW2 is becoming increasingly about limiting the repeatability of content and the rewards provided by that content. I wonder how that worked out for FF14? Oh, right….

Well, maybe lightning won’t strike the lightning rod twice?

Remember when our developers talked about “strengthening the core game”?
How’d that work out for us so far?
Now let’s try some ideas that will really work.

DKNS.2135

Just did another lvl 20 and got only rare in entire run; Maw chest was full green and blues….

BG LA Best LA !!!

morrolan.9608

Well, see, they can’t have you making money. That would go totally against their anti-grind philosophy, you see. That’s also why they capped World Boss chests to one per day. They’ve said they don’t want players repeating events over and over to farm them.

Of course, what this perspective fails to understand is that there’s nothing inherently wrong with people farming if it’s something they enjoy doing. I, for example, like killing the Shatterer, but now that he doesn’t properly reward me, I don’t waste time killing him at all any more.

I actually like the way open world loot works now, I can farm each dragon on alts I can go to each events that spawns a chest and get similar loot from each, I can farm higher level areas and get reasonable drops…… Dungeons are also great being able to farm them on alts now. WvW is also much better for loot. The odd one out is fractals.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

Posted by: FateZero.8536

FateZero.8536

Because you can’t get 30+ Heavy Miner’s Bag from dragon which sells for 2 silvers each and also you can’t get 10+ powerful blood from dragon which sells for close to 20 silvers each. Dredge, Grawl, and Uncategorized fractals ftw. Also, I get 5-8 rares and many green/blues from Ascalonian fractal, beats camping and lagging at dragon for 1 guaranteed rare. That beats dragons anytime.

Uncle Salty.6342

So what are you lot whining for?

More exotic drops? Guaranteed multiple rares in FOTM?

What constitutes as “fair loots”. If you can’t have a straight answer off the top of your head which is what I’ve yet to see on this thread. As it is obvious solutions has Anet in a bunch and now you want them on more balancing issues. Really now. Big picture.

Don’t keep mentioning dragon chests as a precedence and ride the wave just hoping for more loots.

Posted by: hharry.1967

hharry.1967

We need fractal skins with relics, pristines or w/e, or make them tradeable.

LEGENDARIES! are tradeable who in bloody hell thought fractal skins with a 1/190 chance of getting the one you want running an endless boring fractal should be ‘more important’ than a legendary?

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

Why not simply make everything the same?

Because Anet. That is why!

Posted by: Lalangamena.3694

Lalangamena.3694

this one, ^

since the patch i get at least one core (sometimes two) in the last chest and half the time rare item.
I run zero to 22 (whatever on the boon duration food…) magic find.

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

this one, ^

since the patch i get at least one core (sometimes two) in the last chest and half the time rare item.

same here

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

the issue is:
Once you get your ascended equip, you are done with the potentially rewarding content if you need gold.

From fotm you just get:
ACCOUNT BOUND exotic without sigils (i.e. worthless)
The same amount of rares you usually get from a single dungeon run
Potentially an account bound statless skin (that is cool but doesn t woth anything) or an account bound ring :|

You get more gold from farming events, from dungeons (not only cof) etc..

Actually the least rewarding activity in game…..
I was an avid fotm runner but for the dredge issue (they should ve balanced it before removing spykits) and for the fact we NEED to get an insane amount of gold for “progression”, i m doing those every day less :|

P.S: i don t think LAST patch ruined fotm rewards…..2 Patches ago was hugely reduced while the rest of the world rewards was increased…..i see the usual nerf pattern by anet of overnerfing just to be sure -.-

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

(edited by LordByron.8369)

Posted by: Chickenshoes.6250

Chickenshoes.6250

I think the loot itself from fractals is fine. Every other chest I get a rare something. That’s good enough.

The messed up part is that world event chests give about 4 times better loot. There is no point to do fractals for chest loot by getting 4 other people together, knowing your stuff, equipping agony resistance, and having enough time set aside to do it all when auto-attacking the world loot pinata gives better stuff.

It’s shameful.

Posted by: phantom.8426

phantom.8426

from reading this thread I’m starting to realize that you get better drops at levels 0-10 and 10-20 than 40+

Posted by: courin.2314

courin.2314

Admittedly, I’m sitting at level 15 FOTM and have done maybe 2 runs in the last few weeks (just been really busy), so I have no first hand opionion, but from what I’ve read here, it seems to me that with the new rates of drops from dragon chests, they are better in that they guarantee a rare but they are worse in that they guarantee you won’t get an Ascended item. Maw chest at least gives you the chance.

So, it’s like selling your rares or forging them. You can sell them for around 80 silver (the guarantee) or you can chance getting an exotic or even a precursor.

Just seems like RNG in a different format.

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

I also noticed a lack of loot in fotm. But only slightly. Where before I was guaranteed a rare or two in every 3 runs, now there are few instances where I get no rare or exotic drop or chest. But I still think there’s a point to running fotm at least lvl 10 = for the asc rings. This is the reason why I’m putting off buying cleric rings for my alt, as I can hopefully get a drop or get enough relics to buy them from the npc.

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

If you dont hit an overflow

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

I have all-but quit running fractals after getting to the 40s. The changes they made to scaling so anyone can run any level have ruined most of the fun for me. The experience level of fellow players in the 30s went through the floor, and it’s nearly impossible to find a group that can successfully complete lvl 40+. Too many noobs or undergeared players running fractals they’re not really ready for.

The loot is “OK,” if there was a way to actually complete the things without pulling your hair out anymore. They should have left the scaling as it was. As it is….it’s horrible.

Posted by: critickitten.1498

critickitten.1498

What constitutes as “fair loots”. If you can’t have a straight answer off the top of your head which is what I’ve yet to see on this thread. As it is obvious solutions has Anet in a bunch and now you want them on more balancing issues. Really now. Big picture.

Don’t keep mentioning dragon chests as a precedence and ride the wave just hoping for more loots.

Okay.

Veteran: Fine drop (or better)
Champion: Masterwork drop (or better)
Legendary: Two Masterwork drops (or better)
Regular chests: Three Fine-level drops (or better) + 1 gemstone
Large chests (like World Boss chests): Three Masterwork drops (or better) + 2 gemstones

There ya go, that’s my answer to your question. Please, go ahead and explain to me why my suggestions are unreasonable. Because it’s my opinion that, as things stand, people don’t feel all that inspired to bother with champion mobs because they don’t offer very good rewards. If they offered at least green drops, people might be more willing to tackle them.

Remember when our developers talked about “strengthening the core game”?
How’d that work out for us so far?
Now let’s try some ideas that will really work.

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

Okay.

Veteran: Fine drop (or better)
Champion: Masterwork drop (or better)
Legendary: Two Masterwork drops (or better)
Regular chests: Three Fine-level drops (or better) + 1 gemstone
Large chests (like World Boss chests): Three Masterwork drops (or better) + 2 gemstones

There ya go, that’s my answer to your question. Please, go ahead and explain to me why my suggestions are unreasonable. Because it’s my opinion that, as things stand, people don’t feel all that inspired to bother with champion mobs because they don’t offer very good rewards. If they offered at least green drops, people might be more willing to tackle them.

Regardless what anet says, I don’t think any mob has any higher chance of dropping better materials than the next…regular mob, vet, champ, etc. Its all the same to me. I honestly cannot tell the difference.

Therfor, I do not see value in farming vets, or champions. They drop blues. Big whoop. Fix this please.

However, for the first time ever in this game, I see a difference between dragon chests and jumping puzzle chests/random chests in the world. I do think JP puzzle chests need to be upped a bit with chances of rares, etc. sometimes you can spend a good 5-10 minutes on a puzzle, even more (if you arent watching a vid on youtube). Thats the same amount of time that you would spend on a dragon.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.