Latest 2 patches slow down game?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: UnderworldSkull.1863

UnderworldSkull.1863

Q:

Has anyone else experienced this? Both a friend and I have lost an average of 5-10 FPS drop since the last two updates.

Are we the only ones?

Posted by: Ryth.6518

Ryth.6518

A:

I have a GTX670 OC and my friend and I usually get 90-100 FPS. Last night, inside LA and WvWvW, our FR were in the 40s…something is definitely going on that is affecting Framerates.

Posted by: Gord.8654

Gord.8654

I have a Crossfire X setup in my computer and I was enjoying up to 150 fps after the AMD fix but after the 10/11 update I noticed a considerable loss of fps mainly in LA and WvW when I first enter the map doesn’t bother me much but it is there

Host of SOTD Podcast www.sotdpodcastblog.wordpress.com

Posted by: Rise.9702

Rise.9702

In some places yes, I get reaaaally low FPS going into some house/inns.
Need to Optimize the stuff again.

You sir are a Scholar and Gentlekitten.

Posted by: Millenx.7905

Millenx.7905

a few people I have spoken to have noticed an increase in load screen times as well.

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

Well it’s really inconsistent depending on where I am. But I’m not sure I noticed a difference with the patch. Some areas like a town with no one around I could be getting like 16-20 FPS, other areas even WITH people around, get 40-50 FPS (In the same zone).

And yeah as said above, loading in some areas seems longer than it used to. But I don’t have any solid proof.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Load screens are much longer now, its noticeable because I have an SSD and I am used to fast loading.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: UnderworldSkull.1863

UnderworldSkull.1863

Although this is sad news, I’m glad to hear we’re not the only ones. It really sucks because I was getting by with 20-25 FPS on all low settings. Now with the frame drops, my game is unplayable. It’s very very frustrating…

Posted by: Gibbel.5734

Gibbel.5734

You guys with 40 FPS in WvW what cpu are you running :S

Noticed a wierd bug when i had like 30 fps… and switching sampling would bring it back to the normal 60 cap…
running HD6870 crossfire, phenom II 4ghz

Posted by: Fiontar.4695

Fiontar.4695

I have a Phenom 2 X6 @ ~4Ghz and a GTX570. I haven’t noticed a frame rate drop, but I haven’t been looking at the numbers, that’s just based on not experiencing any sensation of frame issues.

However, yes, load screen times? 2-3 times longer than at launch and worse after the latest patch, but they’ve been getting worse for weeks now.

I did notice that some of the flashing terrain issues have returned for me this week as well, though they had disappeared completely by the end of the first week.

Someone is messing with something and it’s been for the worse, not the better.

Posted by: Telljer.5469

Telljer.5469

This is because of the fixed invisibility afaik. Since everyone complained about enemies, mobs and NPCs being invisible aNet fixed that with the Oct 11th patch. The downside to this is that the game requires a lot more data transfer than earlier making your game… slower. This is now probably only a computer problem and not the servers.

Redmist Warband [War]
Northern Shiverpeaks
Sembol Dawnbringer