Laurel refund for "Gilded Infusion"?!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Vennie.8341

Vennie.8341

How horrible for you guys.

I bought magic infusion and the full set of magic-find ascended gear; the ascended fractal backpiece, 2 infused rings, 2 trinkets, and a full set of Inquest that will all likely be replaced by a lame stat combination nobody asked for like Healing/crit damage/sprint duration.

But seriously you can only use gold find on all the mobs? that’s some kinda bull

First of all, I really hope you didn’t use that in dungeons. Second of all, I’m sure you’ll get some of the items that give you account wide magic find when they change it.

Posted by: FrankieBonez.8361

FrankieBonez.8361

Stuff become obsolete over time. Get. Over. It.

Overlord Sorin | Sorin Rising | Ansorin
Elephant Ambush [EA] | Dragonbrand | GW2 YouTube!

Posted by: Vennie.8341

Vennie.8341

Stuff become obsolete over time. Get. Over. It.

Don’t tell us how to live our lives! You’re not our real Mom!

But in all seriousness, it’s just the waste of laurels that annoy people with the infusion. Yes, people made money, but you can’t buy laurels.

Posted by: Surbrus.6942

Surbrus.6942

Why does this “it isn’t an exploit” argument stop with that? It still works exactly as advertised, so why does anyone need a refund? They did not remove coin drops from game. The infusion still functions. Nowhere on the infusion description does it say “maximizes dungeon coin drops” or “spam Cof with this infusion”. A refund implies the infusion does not work. If a refund is wanted on an item that still does work exactly as described, then any bonus gained during the course of its usage should also be retrospectively taken away as part of the refund.

CoF farmers had your fun, made your coin, spammed it enough that it got changed and noone can do it anymore, and are left with infusions that still work anywhere else. Refund of infusions would be ridiculous.
Nothing against those of you who did it, but it comes off as extreme greed to ask for a refund back for an item you used to your advantage that still functions today as it did when you first bought it.

This isn’t about CoF, this is about dungeons in general, and laurels.

If you cannot see how the dungeon reward rework now means that those laurels investment is now almost useless, I suggest you actually read the arguments ITT, or perhaps work on your reading comprehension and just don’t bother respond. Laurels are already bad enough, as they mean that many people will never be able to gear up their alts, or have multiple gear sets for characters. This is just adding insult to injury for people with alts.

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

I want a laurel refund for all those unidentified dyes i bought and got nothing out of. :-P

Posted by: Gummi.4310

Gummi.4310

The dungeon rework makes it a waste of a slot essentially. On the same boat as the MF gear. Would not have invested my time-gated laurels in Gold and Magic Find things if I’d known that they’d be useless 6 months down the road. Low ROI with my playstyle

Was also worried about my utility slot amulets becoming obsolete; but luckily they did cover that with the versatile omni-infusions.

(edited by Gummi.4310)

Posted by: Serenity.6149

Serenity.6149

1. Don’t assume everyone who purchased Gilded Infusions ran the heck out of CoF and benefited from the purchase. I’m sure there are people like me who bought it as a long term investment. Would I be willing to return what benefit I’ve derived? Certainly! I’m not sure I even got 1 gold extra from using it (I have a lot of alts, and barely play any of them), but whether we’re willing to return our gains is irrelevant. Those who purchased the experience or karma infusions will continue to benefit, so why is a special exception being argued for the MF or gold infusions, beyond petty jealousy?

I’m not asking necessarily for a refund, but some of you make the idea of a refund sound like it would be so terrible. If you put aside the jealousy, you’d realize that allowing people to swap the infusion for something else would provide no unfair advantage over someone who purchased the karma infusion. We’re still only receiving one benefit the entire period of ownership/expenditure. The argument would be the same if healing gear, tanky gear, direct damage gear or condition damage gear was obsoleted somehow. Would people be arguing that you already received enough benefit from the extra survivability or quicker kills, while people who chose the non-obsoleted gear continued to benefit? It’s a terrible argument.

2. Beyond the issue of what to do for those who purchased an affected infusion, there’s also the issue of what to do with the existing infusions and their price structure. The MF infusion will probably be removed (unless they decide that’s one of the MF items they want to allow). That leaves the gold infusion for 20 laurels, and the karma and experience infusions for 10 laurels each. Clearly, something needs to change here. With the change to champions, I’d argue that the gold infusion isn’t worth even ONE laurel. Gold (or should I say, copper) drops from mobs are pretty kitten rare, and sometimes, it won’t even affect the drop. Imagine 1 copper and 2 copper drops being boosted by 20%… exactly.

3. As someone who accepted the reason why people farmed CoF, but also wanted it changed, I think it’s utterly silly that people are trying to frame this issue as a necessary one for the betterment of the game. Yes, something needed to change to move this game away from CoF Wars, but penalizing the entire class of purchasers of Gilded Infusions is merely a symptom of the latest attempt to balance the game, and not the goal (hopefully). There’s a reason why it, as well as the MF infusion, cost double compared to the other two utility infusions, so the claim that it was used to exploit dungeons is absurd, as is this “all or nothing” attitude. Why can’t we balance the game, while also addressing the huge impact the changes have had on Gilded Infusions?

Posted by: Serenity.6149

Serenity.6149

I want a laurel refund for all those unidentified dyes i bought and got nothing out of. :-P

That’s not even a proper analogy.

Your purchase afforded you the gamble for a valuable dye. You were affected by probability, not by your gamble being obsoleted.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

1. Don’t assume everyone who purchased Gilded Infusions ran the heck out of CoF and benefited from the purchase. I’m sure there are people like me who bought it as a long term investment. Would I be willing to return what benefit I’ve derived? Certainly! I’m not sure I even got 1 gold extra from using it (I have a lot of alts, and barely play any of them), but whether we’re willing to return our gains is irrelevant. Those who purchased the experience or karma infusions will continue to benefit, so why is a special exception being argued for the MF or gold infusions, beyond petty jealousy?

I’m not asking necessarily for a refund, but some of you make the idea of a refund sound like it would be so terrible. If you put aside the jealousy, you’d realize that allowing people to swap the infusion for something else would provide no unfair advantage over someone who purchased the karma infusion. We’re still only receiving one benefit the entire period of ownership/expenditure. The argument would be the same if healing gear, tanky gear, direct damage gear or condition damage gear was obsoleted somehow. Would people be arguing that you already received enough benefit from the extra survivability or quicker kills, while people who chose the non-obsoleted gear continued to benefit? It’s a terrible argument.

2. Beyond the issue of what to do for those who purchased an affected infusion, there’s also the issue of what to do with the existing infusions and their price structure. The MF infusion will probably be removed (unless they decide that’s one of the MF items they want to allow). That leaves the gold infusion for 20 laurels, and the karma and experience infusions for 10 laurels each. Clearly, something needs to change here. With the change to champions, I’d argue that the gold infusion isn’t worth even ONE laurel. Gold (or should I say, copper) drops from mobs are pretty kitten rare, and sometimes, it won’t even affect the drop. Imagine 1 copper and 2 copper drops being boosted by 20%… exactly.

3. As someone who accepted the reason why people farmed CoF, but also wanted it changed, I think it’s utterly silly that people are trying to frame this issue as a necessary one for the betterment of the game. Yes, something needed to change to move this game away from CoF Wars, but penalizing the entire class of purchasers of Gilded Infusions is merely a symptom of the latest attempt to balance the game, and not the goal (hopefully). There’s a reason why it, as well as the MF infusion, cost double compared to the other two utility infusions, so the claim that it was used to exploit dungeons is absurd, as is this “all or nothing” attitude. Why can’t we balance the game, while also addressing the huge impact the changes have had on Gilded Infusions?

Okay, you convinced me. I think they should allow people to exchange it.

Posted by: danbuter.2314

danbuter.2314

This really needs to be done. It took a LOT of dailies to get that infusion, and now it’s worthless. Heck, I’d be happy to have only half the laurels refunded, as I did get some use out of the infusion before this patch made it worthless.

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

Why refund it, you still get +20% Gold from monsters. I don’t see why we should refund something when it does the exact same thing you did before.

I want all my 9 pieces of my ascended gear refunded if that is the case. They nerfed my defensive spec! I wanna switch my gear to berserkers now!

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

Hickeroar.9734

That’s not even a proper analogy.

Your purchase afforded you the gamble for a valuable dye. You were affected by probability, not by your gamble being obsoleted.

It wasn’t an analogy. It was a joke and me expressing grief at buying them.

Posted by: wolfpaq.7354

wolfpaq.7354

If you weren’t using this infusion to exploit dungeon rewards then you weren’t impacted by any changes made in this most recent patch. If you were then, why should you be refunded for exploiting?

Hickeroar.9734

If you weren’t using this infusion to exploit dungeon rewards then you weren’t impacted by any changes made in this most recent patch. If you were then, why should you be refunded for exploiting?

It’s not exploiting in the “illegal” sense. We all legitimately exploit the features of this game every day. I believe ANet should allow any user who is getting their bought and paid-for gear nerfed to trade it in for any other type of gear.

They should introduce a vendor that takes all the gear affected by the change and dishes out all other kinds of gear in a 1:1 trade. It’s not fair to blanket replace what players have intentionally spent their gold/effort on with something they may not want at all, and would never have spent their gold/effort on.

Caveat: I have no gold booster or MF gear at all. Regardless of people “hating” it (which I always have), it doesn’t make sense at all for ANet to blatantly punish players for using a legitimate piece of gear that they themselves added to the game.