Laurels

Laurels

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Michael.7943

Michael.7943

What do you think of the Laurel system?

I personally always complete the daily/monthlies so I’m looking forward to finally being able to progress towards ascended gear without having to do FoTM.

Does anyone know how much it takes to get a ascended ring? We can see in the preview that is costs ~100 for a cat tonic, 5 for 10 uid dyes, and 5 for ‘class gear’ (yellow).

Laurels

Posted by: Nappychappy.7046

Nappychappy.7046

Costs are still being tested I think they said.

As far as Laurels, I’m skeptical. The way Arenanet approaches cost and limitations, I’m actually a bit worried. Most of the time I feel cheated for even trying.

You are using 21 of 100 infractions ermm, PMs.

Laurels

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

Can’t really feel cheated, laurels are a pure bonus on top of the normal daily reward.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Laurels

Nappychappy.7046

Can’t really feel cheated, laurels are a pure bonus on top of the normal daily reward.

We shall see how much of a bonus it is when the final cost of items is released.

It’s just another gated system that funnels players into the gem store.

Laurels

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

We shall see, but I’m not holding my breath, they’ve already wasted any benefit of the doubt I might have been willing to give on other things.

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Laurels

Posted by: Soeki.9643

Soeki.9643

I guess it would be logical that upon completing the monthly alone you should be able to buy at least one ascended gear. I mean a month’s work worth at least one right?

Laurels

Posted by: Astraea.6075

Astraea.6075

We shall see how much of a bonus it is when the final cost of items is released.

ArenaNet is giving us more ways to get stuff in-game so that more people will turn to the gem store?

That’s devious…

Laurels

Posted by: Awesome.6120

Awesome.6120

maybe the monthly plus every daily for that month.

[SFD] – Maguuma

Laurels

Nappychappy.7046

ArenaNet is giving us more ways to get stuff in-game so that more people will turn to the gem store?

That’s devious…

It is, perhaps I am to negative, but so far anets track record has been rather disappointing.

Laurels

Posted by: nethykins.7986

nethykins.7986

I like the system, but nothing about it makes me feel that it’s going to drive players to older areas again at a consistent rate.

They’ll pound out their chosen dailies (as they’ve been doing for ages) and then run fractals till their fingers bleed.

Laurels

Michael.7943

Well I suppose I’ve forgotten the new dailies which is of the most concern to me, hopefully it’s nothing that’s too time consuming. New dailies each day of the week, then later they’ll add 4 out of 6 you’ll need to complete. Thoughts?

Laurels

Nappychappy.7046

Well I suppose I’ve forgotten the new dailies which is of the most concern to me, hopefully it’s nothing that’s too time consuming. New dailies each day of the week, then later they’ll add 4 out of 6 you’ll need to complete. Thoughts?

I don’t even want to complete 1 daily 99% of the time, World of Warcraft ruined daily activity for rewards many moons ago for me.

I don’t much like the constant control anet has on players, and then to mask the control they add systems that are even more controlling.

Can’t farm, nope, but here you can repeat this task every day for a cookie and after you have 500 cookies you can trade it for something small. If you don’t like it push “O” and have a nice day.

Laurels

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

I think it may potentially be good. Considering the items we may be able to get along with the new ascended pieces it will be a nice daily go-to task. Something to get people to log in every day. From what it sounds like, it sounds like something I could get into. But I imagine the rewards outside of the ascended stuff is just fluff, didn’t see much in the screenshot they showed before except a mini pet and some boxes.

I just hope they don’t require daily dungeons every day or anything too seriously time consuming. We shall see. I don’t mind jumping puzzles, and other solo things. I like the tasks we get already for dailies, so I hope they remain. >.< Dailies should be able to be completed solo imo.

I also hope they get rid of WvW for the monthly pve achievements. That bugs me so much worse then anything else. Especially since they made a pvp monthly.

Laurels

Posted by: Fyrebrand.4859

Fyrebrand.4859

I really like how it looks, so far. It gives me some more goals and rewards to work toward, without forcing me to grind any single aspect of the game or run through the same dungeons over and over. And it sounds like the daily/monthly achievements are going to give us more elbow room as well, so that’s even better.

Laurels

Posted by: FateOmega.9601

FateOmega.9601

I try not to get too excited by this. For all you know, it may take 6 months worth of dailies/monthies to get the ascended amulet.

Laurels

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

I try not to get too excited by this. For all you know, it may take 6 months worth of dailies/monthies to get the ascended amulet.

6 monthlies = 60 Laurels
6 months worth of dailies = 30 (ave) x 6 = 180 Laurels

Total = 240

Oh God, I hope you’re wrong.

Although…they did say they’ll be adding a new system for Achievements soon, didn’t they? Not with this patch, granted.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Laurels

Posted by: FateOmega.9601

FateOmega.9601

I wish i would be wrong too. But i have no faith in Anet pricing ability.

Laurels

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

Short term these prices may sound crazy, long term they will make for a healthy game. The prices for gold coins in GW1 were crazy yet that meant people played for a long long time before they got what they wanted. Win.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Laurels

Posted by: Runcore.5107

Runcore.5107

I personally always complete the daily/monthlies so I’m looking forward to finally being able to progress towards ascended gear without having to do FoTM.

Does anyone know how much it takes to get a ascended ring? We can see in the preview that is costs ~100 for a cat tonic, 5 for 10 uid dyes, and 5 for ‘class gear’ (yellow).

I think that getting ascended items for laurels is not fair to ppl who spent a lot of time doing fractals of the mist up to now. I spent a lot of time on fractals (over 250+ fractals) to get some ascended items (and im still now somewhere on middle of my way) and now everybody can easily buy it just for doing daily and montly and this is not right. Lazy ppl who dont work for their ascended on fractals should not get this ascended items. You want ascended? Then go hard work to fractals like other ppl and not only do daily/monthly. If I remember good Anet said that ascended items are items between exotics and legendaries with corresponding difficulty of getting it and what we see now? Ascended items for daily/monthly. Are you normal Anet? What will be your next step? Legendaries for daily/monthly? Let ascended item only for those who did hard work on fractals and deserve it and not for all. Ppl doing daily/monthly dont deserve ascended items. I hope that at least ascended will need 3+ months of daily/monthly to buy it.

(edited by Runcore.5107)

Laurels

Posted by: John Widdin.9618

John Widdin.9618

Fractals aren’t really difficult until 20+, man. This is to provide a means for people who play WvW to get those items. Can’t have those PVE only guys getting any small advantages, now can we?

Those people defending your world matter too.

(There’s also the chance they will cost a lot. Getting a fractal ring takes a minimum of 10 days. Laurel rings could take upwards of a month for all we know.)

Zachary ~ Mesmer/ John Widdin ~ Warrior/ Zazmataz ~ Engineer
Maguuma – [TriM][DERP]

Laurels

Posted by: Fozzik.1742

Fozzik.1742

Everyone knew that additional methods of acquisition were coming since the AMA just after FoTM was released.

I think 40-60 laurels for a piece of ascended gear would be reasonable. I’m not holding my breath, though. I’m guessing ArenaNet will make it prohibitive…the type of price where you really aren’t sure it’s worth it. If it’s over 200 laurels for one piece, I’m going to be pretty unhappy.

Many players (like me) have multiple characters, and have to share the pool of laurels between them. If it takes more than a month or two for one character to get one piece of gear, it makes the acquisition pointless. There will be better gear released before my characters were fully outfitted.

(edited by Fozzik.1742)

Laurels

Runcore.5107

Im on fractals every day and whole day so i know how difficult fractals can be and this is main reason why only those ppl who did hard work there should get ascended only. No work, no ascended. Do daily is not hard work enough to get ascended item. Try imagine how now feel all these ppl who did on fractals really hard work with hundreds hours on FotM and now they know that all can easily earn ascended through daily/monthly. I really want know if Anet give to these players some compensation or bonus for this nonsense step with ascended for laurels and I hope that it will cost months and months of daily/monthly for one piece of ascended for laurels.

Many players (like me) have multiple characters, and have to share the pool of laurels between them. If it takes more than a month or two for one character to get one piece of gear, it makes the acquisition pointless. There will be better gear released before my characters were fully outfitted.

You want to be fully outfitted? Go to FotM and make ascended rings and back like other industrious ppl and dont wait until Anet make unfair shortcuts for lazy players who want best items without work.

(edited by Runcore.5107)

Laurels

Posted by: John Widdin.9618

John Widdin.9618

Im on fractals every day and whole day so i know how difficult fractals can be and this is main reason why only those ppl who did hard work there should get ascended only. No work, no ascended. Do daily is not hard work enough to get ascended item. Try imagine how now feel all these ppl who did on fractals really hard work with hundreds hours on FotM and now they know that all can easily earn ascended through daily/monthly. I really want know if Anet give to these players some compensation or bonus for this nonsense step with ascended for laurels.

The people who worked hard in fractals and had the luck of the RNG gods, show it off with Fractal Weapons. The Ring are just a means of surviving the upper levels.

Zachary ~ Mesmer/ John Widdin ~ Warrior/ Zazmataz ~ Engineer
Maguuma – [TriM][DERP]

Laurels

TheDaiBish.9735

Im on fractals every day and whole day so i know how difficult fractals can be and this is main reason why only those ppl who did hard work there should get ascended only. No work, no ascended. Do daily is not hard work enough to get ascended item. Try imagine how now feel all these ppl who did on fractals really hard work with hundreds hours on FotM and now they know that all can easily earn ascended through daily/monthly. I really want know if Anet give to these players some compensation or bonus for this nonsense step with ascended for laurels and I hope that it will cost months and months of daily/monthly for one piece of ascended for laurels.

You want to be fully outfitted? Go to FotM and make ascended rings and back like other industrious ppl and dont wait until Anet make unfair shortcuts for lazy players.

Have Ascended from Laurels only have Ascended Stats. If they want to upgrade for a slot, make it require a Gift of Ascension.

Have Ascended from Fractals have Agony Resistance and an Infusion Slot.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Laurels

Posted by: DreamyAbaddon.3265

DreamyAbaddon.3265

I think that getting ascended items for laurels is not fair to ppl who spent a lot of time doing fractals of the mist up to now. I spent a lot of time on fractals (over 250+ fractals) to get some ascended items (and im still now somewhere on middle of my way) and now everybody can easily buy it just for doing daily and montly and this is not right. Lazy ppl who dont work for their ascended on fractals should not get this ascended items. You want ascended? Then go hard work to fractals like other ppl and not only do daily/monthly. If I remember good Anet said that ascended items are items between exotics and legendaries with corresponding difficulty of getting it and what we see now? Ascended items for daily/monthly. Are you normal Anet? What will be your next step? Legendaries for daily/monthly? Let ascended item only for those who did hard work on fractals and deserve it and not for all. Ppl doing daily/monthly dont deserve ascended items. I hope that at least ascended will need 3+ months of daily/monthly to buy it.

“Hard work”?
People don’t play this game for hard work. They play the game to have fun.
ArenaNet is doing this so people can play the game the way THEY Want to.
If you happen to get your ascended items quicker from FotM then fine, your reward is getting it faster. But being forced into doing content some of us dont want to do in order to get Armor with stats to keep up, is only going to break the game.

Dont tell people how they should play their game.
We play the game the way we want. How we want. And if you enjoy FotM then great, do it. You want to grind? Fine. But there are people who just want to play for Fun and want to progress by having fun. We are in No Rush.

Good day.

Laurels

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

I hope they split the ArenaNet account points from the laurels, so we can finally see how many different things people have done without the infinite points inflating the point.

I’ve seen players with over 9000 points!

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Laurels

Posted by: Kinglette.4906

Kinglette.4906

You want to be fully outfitted? Go to FotM and make ascended rings and back like other industrious ppl and dont wait until Anet make unfair shortcuts for lazy players who want best items without work.

Or how bout i get to continue to WvW and have access to the same gear?
No one is making players come into WvW for max stats why should i have to pve?

80 Guardian, 80 Warrior, 80 Thief
[AVTR] FA

Laurels

Posted by: Gandolfi.1507

Gandolfi.1507

Hmmm – you tell us you spend all your time playing a video game and then use terms like ‘industrious’ and ‘lazy’. It makes it difficult to take your statement seriously.

Granted – you may have personal problems which prevent you from working, in which case you have my sympathy. You may be financially independent and do not need to work – in which case you have my congratulations (and a little envy).

Either way, you’re not really a typical player, and while I respect your commitment to the game and your single-minded determination to go after your goals, I don’t think Anet should calibrate its reward system on your example.

In particular, the problem with fractals is that is has encouraged players to focus on this one area of the game to the detriment of other areas. I’ve enjoyed playing fractals but I don’t want to have to spend all my limited gaming time doing this one activity.

Legendary items are supposed to be the ultimate reward, and these should take commitment and ‘hard work’ to get, so as not to cheapen the emotional reward of achieving this goal.

Ascended items – not so much. I think being able to pick up one item a month through regular play (and don’t forget that consistently getting daily and monthly rewards is not trivial for many players with jobs and families) is reasonable, bearing in mind if you were only doing it this way you’d need about a year to completely gear up a single character with armor, trinkets, weapons etc. Those non-lazy entrepreneurs with the drive to grind fractals will get the reward of being able to kit out several characters far more quickly.

Godrik Gandolfi – human warrior; Lucius Foestabber – charr reaper
The Path Least Travelled, Gunnar’s Hold

Laurels

marnick.4305

Im on fractals every day and whole day so i know how difficult fractals can be and this is main reason why only those ppl who did hard work there should get ascended only. *No work, no ascended. *

I don’t get that statement, may be my English. I have a job, I support a family while you obviously don’t work since you’re in fractals every day, whole day long.
So no work, no ascended clearly is a statement about you. By extension, I should have access to ascended and you shouldn’t. I don’t see how a.net could properly balance that out without breaking it for people without a job.
Would you agree with diminishing returns in fractals and extra high drops on the first run daily so people who work get ascended easier?

Am I missing something? I don’t speak English that well.

Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Laurels

TheDaiBish.9735

Im on fractals every day and whole day so i know how difficult fractals can be and this is main reason why only those ppl who did hard work there should get ascended only. *No work, no ascended. *

I don’t get that statement, may be my English. I have a job, I support a family while you obviously don’t work since you’re in fractals every day, whole day long.
So no work, no ascended clearly is a statement about you. By extension, I should have access to ascended and you shouldn’t. I don’t see how a.net could properly balance that out without breaking it for people without a job.
Would you agree with diminishing returns in fractals and extra high drops on the first run daily so people who work get ascended easier?

I speak English, and I will say it’s his wording, not your understanding

From my understanding he’s trying to say he’s in FotM ‘every day, all day long’.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Laurels

marnick.4305

I speak English, and I will say it’s his wording, not your understanding

From my understanding he’s trying to say he’s in FotM ‘every day, all day long’.

That’s what I understood too. That means he doesn’t work and therefor should not have ascended gear? Do I understand correctly?

Laurels

Runcore.5107

“Hard work”?
If you happen to get your ascended items quicker from FotM then fine, your reward is getting it faster. But being forced into doing content some of us dont want to do in order to get Armor with stats to keep up, is only going to break the game.

We play the game the way we want. How we want. And if you enjoy FotM then great, do it. You want to grind? Fine. But there are people who just want to play for Fun and want to progress by having fun. We are in No Rush.

Good day.

Ok, but then I want legendary weapons too only for fun without grind, ok? I dont want grind materials for legendary weapon and only want play for fun, but there is no other way only grind or invest huge money and buy it. If there is easier way for ascended, there should be easier way for legendaries too. I dont want to be forced to do some content which i dont want to do but I must if i want legendary weapon.

As you said: You want to grind? Fine. But there are people who just want to play for Fun and want to progress by having fun. We are in No Rush.

Exactly same with legendaries. If you want legendary weapon you must HUGE grind or invest HUGE amount of money. Ascended are very close to legendaries and should be too very hard to get them and not only do daily/monthly. If you want play only for fun and relax then stay on Queensdale with blue set and kill bandits for fun but if you want better/best items you should do something more than only wait when Anet make shortcuts for lazy ppl.

playing for fun ===> worse items but fun

harder playing and lot of work===> better/best items

I really want to see owners of legendaries if Anet now say that legendaries will be for laurels from daily/monthly and everybody have legendary weapon in 3-4 weeks. I think that they would be 1000 more times angry than me now. Best items are reward for good work on game and not for relax playing.

(edited by Runcore.5107)

Laurels

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

If Ascended gear requires few Laurels, it will be bad, the Exotic Ring/Amulet economy will crumble, players of really low levels will already have Ascended gear before they are even 80, Dailies are never hard, neither they take time. It will also make all the hard work to get those exotics go to waste (for example Triforge), something common in other MMOs, but something I never wanted to see in Guild Wars 2.

On the other hand is Ascended gear requires a lot of Laurels, it will be bad for veterans and those who’ve been playing the game for a while, as they would have to “grind” daylies for months to get something new. Assuming those veterans are already in full exotics of course. Also, having high prices will defeat the purpose of any novelty-fun items, as most players will simply hoard the laurels to get their loot.

There is a sweep spot somewhere, that won’t satisfy anyone, but at least will keep both sides equally annoyed. I just don’t know “where” it is.

Laurels

marnick.4305

But you don’t work. You have fun playing the game all day long while I sit in the office for 10 hours a day, working hard to support my family. So I should get the best items? Should best items only come from gem store so people who work are rewarded more?

Laurels

Posted by: kRiza krimos.1637

kRiza krimos.1637

“Hard work”?

Good day.

Ok, but then I want legendary weapons too only for fun without grind, ok? I dont want grind materials for legendary weapon and only want play for fun, but there is no other way only grind or invest huge money and buy it. If there is easier way for ascended, there should be easier way for legendaries too. I dont want to be forced to do some content which i dont want to do but I must if i want legendary weapon.

As you said: You want to grind? Fine. But there are people who just want to play for Fun and want to progress by having fun. We are in No Rush.

Exactly same with legendaries. If you want legendary weapon you must HUGE grind or invest HUGE amount of money. Ascended are very close to legendaries and should be too very hard to get them and not only do daily/monthly. If you want play only for fun and relax then stay on Queensdale with blue set and kill bandits for fun but if you want better/best items you should do something more than only wait when Anet make shortcuts for lazy ppl.

I really want to see owners of legendaries if Anet now say that legendaries will be for laurels from daily/monthly and everybody have legendary weapon in 3-4 weeks. I think that they would be 1000 more times angry than me now. Best items are reward for good work on game and not for relax playing.

Whats next? You will ask paycheck for your devoted time in fractals?

Nobody is forcing you to live inside fractals. Nobody is forcing you to do anything in-game its all optional. On other hand, demanding things you are is immature to say in least.
Fractals are available to everyone, so will be laurel rewards. That includes you. But on other hand, nobody pointed gun to your head and said grind fractals. It was your own will.

Laurels

Runcore.5107

Yes and GW2 become game, where everybody has everything, everybody has best items and only for relax playing. I think that it not only my opinion that game where everybody has everyting is not dream of all players. Some players, who play more and do more ingame events/dungeons and spend more time on game, want have better reward for their effort and no that player A play it more time, do more events/dungeons and has ascended item and then come player B which play relax style of game and play about 30 min/day and have exactly same ascended item like player A. It is not fair style.

You spoke about real work and how much time you spend there and here it is same. I think that you will not be happy if you worker A spend 8 hours/per day on work and get for example 50 euro and worker B spend only 30 minuts per day on work and get same 50 euro. I think that you want better reward for your work and time.

Just wait some time and you will see that I was right. Mesmer portal for another classes, now ascended items for all….if Anet continue this style everybody will have everything, legendary weapons will be almost for free and everybody will be legendary with best items and no matter if he play 4 hours per day or 4 minutes per day. I know that it sound hard but my opinion is that player, who dont have time to play GW2 and play only about 30 min per day, should not have better/best items if dont invest enough time. Games are about competing and every player want to be better than other players but on GW2 we all will be equal no matter how much time you play. Its really nice work.

(edited by Runcore.5107)

Laurels

kRiza krimos.1637

Yes and GW2 become game, where everybody has everything, everybody has best items and only for relax playing. I think that it not only my opinion that game where everybody has everyting is not dream of all players. Some players, who play more and do more ingame events/dungeons and spend more time on game, want have better reward for their effort and no that player A play it more time, do more events/dungeons and has ascended item and then come player B which play relax style of game and play about 30 min/day and have exactly same ascended item like player A. It is not fair style.

You spoke about real work and how much time you spend there and here it is same. I think that you will not be happy if you worker A spend 8 hours/per day on work and get for example 50 euro and worker B spend only 30 minuts per day on work and get 100 euro. I think that you want better reward for your work and time.

Just wait some time and you will see that I was right. Mesmer portal for another classes, now ascended items for all….if Anet continue this style everybody will have everything, legendary weapons will be almost for free and everybody will be legendary with best items and no matter if he play 4 hours per day or 4 minutes per day.

Players who play more will have more rewards not better rewards and that is how its intended.
I have no idea what you are talking about mesmer portals and stuff, but seems to me that you have no idea what you are talking either. Also draging legendarys into this discussion is grasping for straw if you ask me. Preaching doom prophecies is getting old, considering how many world endings we survived

p.s. Your example of workers A and B is how things actually are, you might know that if you werent in fractals all day, every day.

(edited by kRiza krimos.1637)

Laurels

Posted by: Genevra.6318

Genevra.6318

I’m looking forward to the laurels too. I usually try to do the dailies whenever I’m in-game (the monthlies need to be fixed to not force people into FotM or WvW), and I think it’s great that we’ll be able to use them to earn new stuff. I’m also excited for the different daily requirements throughout the week and the upcoming ability to pick which 4 out of 6 (or whatever the actual numbers turn out to be) activities you want to complete. I hope this gets applied to the monthlies as well, since that would fix my previously-mentioned issue with them.

How exactly is this going to funnel people to the cash shop? The laurels are an extra benny to earn doing what should be your normal activities (at least for the dailies), and I don’t see how anything in the cash shop, including more gems/gold, is going to improve your ability to earn them. I get tired of people trying to make everything into some conspiracy by ANet to force people to spend money.

Why should those of us who aren’t interested in FotM be forced to do them to get the same level of gear? We’re not lazy, that’s just not what we want to do in-game. ANet has said that GW2 should be about “playing the game your way,” so limiting a tier of equipment to only one activity goes against that philosophy. You don’t know that it’s going to be “easy” to earn ascended items via laurels since we don’t know what the costs will be. And no one forced you to do 250+ fractals. You should have done them because you think they’re fun, and that should be a good part of the reward of doing them—or doing anything in this game.

Laurels

kRiza krimos.1637

And i ask you same question. Why should those of us who arent interested on grinding and collecting materieal be forced to do it to get legendary weapon? We are not lazy, thats just not what we want to do in-game. ANet has said that GW2 should be about “playing the game your way,” so limiting a tier of equipment to only one activity goes against that philosophy. Agree? Its same care but legendary weapons are real hard work and not daily/monthly relax game.

Legendarys are exotic tier atm and to get exotic tier equipment you are not forced to grind. Also, only purpouse legendarys have is to elongate kitten of its owner, and you are by no means obligated to have legendary to be able to enjoy any content.

I would also like to remind you that legendarys have nothing to do with laurels and topic of discussion, why you are constantly trying to prove your point using them is beyond me.

Laurels

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

Fractals of the Mists does not equal Guild Wars 2.
It is just one part of the game. Playing other parts is no less or more lazy. It is just a preference.

Ascended gear comes with better stats. That affects people coming in contacts with others for example in WvW. Everyone deserves to have access to the same stats. (Not having the inbuilt agony resistance in laurel rings is fine as we do not need that if we don’t care to play FotM.)

Legendaries are ‘pretty things’. They are not any better than other weapons of the highest tier. You do not need a legendary to play the game at an equal footing with others. If you need one it is only to show it off.

Laurels

Posted by: Anjhouli.7049

Anjhouli.7049

I really try to ignore the forum most of the time. Sometimes I just can’t – shame on me.

Did I really read that “only hard working fractal players” should get ascended gear? In what state of mind has a person to be to write something like that? If a game starts to be work, do yourself a favour and quit it.

I enjoy fractals, I got my ascended stuff for two alts finished, probably gonna get the items for a third next. I like fractals. Not hardcore, not everyday, but quite often. I only once encountered a “rage quit” while doing fractals with pugs, so I was pretty lucky or rather choose even pugs not while brain-afk. Btw, I don’t make other people link me their gear either
Still, there are lots of people who just don’t like fractals. Surprise, surprise! I really really hope, that the laurel-ascended items won’t be crazy expensive. 15 days max for the (non infused) rings. Why? Because getting those in fractals takes 10 days max, + a little for leveling up – and a level 10 daily really isn’t hard.

Laurels

Runcore.5107

And i ask you same question. Why should those of us who arent interested on grinding and collecting materieal be forced to do it to get legendary weapon? We are not lazy, thats just not what we want to do in-game. ANet has said that GW2 should be about “playing the game your way,” so limiting a tier of equipment to only one activity goes against that philosophy. Agree? Its same care but legendary weapons are real hard work and not daily/monthly relax game.

You spoke about real work and how much time you spend there and here it is same. I think that you will not be happy if you worker A spend 8 hours/per day on work and get for example 50 euro and worker B spend only 30 minuts per day on work and get 100 euro. I think that you want better reward for your work and time.

Just wait some time and you will see that I was right. Mesmer portal for another classes, now ascended items for all….if Anet continue this style everybody will have everything, legendary weapons will be almost for free and everybody will be legendary with best items and no matter if he play 4 hours per day or 4 minutes per day.

Players who play more will have more rewards not better rewards and that is how its intended.
I have no idea what you are talking about mesmer portals and stuff, but seems to me that you have no idea what you are talking either. Also draging legendarys into this discussion is grasping for straw if you ask me. Preaching doom prophecies is getting old, considering how many world endings we survived

p.s. Your example of workers A and B is how things actually are, you might know that if you werent in fractals all day, every day.

You dont know what Im talking about? I will try explain it to you. I think that you now that mesmer portal will be given to some another classes and same ascended items will be easy to get for all and no matter how much time they spend on game and this is exactly what im speaking about. This game is going to part where everybody will have everything. There will be no differences between players and characters who spend more time on game and those who spend only 30 min per day. I was speaking with friend and he told me that he played some game where was very hard to get mount animal, he was hardly playing about 3 months to get it and then (after children was crying on forum how it is hard) game designers make this mounts almost for free and everybody have these mounts. This mount was sign of hard work he did on game and it was thing which distinguished him on game from occasional players and now? On this game have everybody mounts even players who almost dont play. He spent 3 months of hard playing to get it, children cried and now his work is ruined. And exactly same thing will happen here on GW2. After one year everybody will have legendary weapons which will drop from mobs or something like this and everybody will have everything. This is game of your dream??? My not.

And I hope that it will take about 2/3 months to get enough laurels for ascended items. Ascended items are near legendaries so it will not have everybody for some daily only.

(edited by Runcore.5107)

Laurels

Posted by: Genevra.6318

Genevra.6318

I don’t have any characters of high-enough level yet, so I don’t know personally what it’s like to try to earn a legendary. But of course I agree in principle. But from what I understand, the legendaries aren’t any more powerful than other items, they just have a unique appearance. So you don’t have to have one, and if you don’t want to grind to collect the materials for it, don’t do it.

Plus, I don’t know if your comparison is valid. Though as I mentioned I’m not speaking from personal experience, it doesn’t seem like you’re limited to only one type of activity to earn the materials for a legendary—you should be able to earn them whether you do PvE, WvW, FotM, etc. Whereas according to your original argument, we should only be allowed to earn ascended items (which do give a stat bonus, not just cosmetic like legendaries) through FotM.

You keep on arguing that earning ascended gear through laurels is going to be “easier” than through FotM. Yet you don’t know that, since you or anyone doesn’t know yet how much ascended items will cost in laurels. It could very well be that to earn one, you have to spend just as much time in-game doing your daily/monthly achievments as you would have to doing fractal runs. And since there is a limit on how many laurels you can earn in a day, while there isn’t a limit to how many fractals you can do in a day, it may actually take longer in real-time to earn an ascended item through laurels. I would respectfully suggest that you wait until we have more information on the costs before getting upset.

Laurels

Runcore.5107

Developers are planning to raise stats of legendary weapons so its only matter of time so my comparison is right. I count with fact that legendaries will be strongest weapons on game.

Laurels

Michael.7943

People who are championing FoTM grinding should realize that the devs first intended for max gear to be easy to obtain.

Laurels

Runcore.5107

Ok but if devs first intended for max gear to be easy to obtain, why legendaries are so much hard to obtain? Legendaries ARE max gear on game with best stats on future.

Laurels

Posted by: Ganzo.5079

Ganzo.5079

Maybe laurel sistem can be a good incentive to explore the world, but i think they are adding too much things for reward… the game is becoming messy.

Gold, gems, karma, 1 type of badge for every dungeons, and one type for WvW, now laurels. And they are thinking about something new for WvW too.

Now im happy because they are trying to address the problem created by fractals and the ascended tier, But i hope they dont forget about crafting and old dungeons.

Because, like Guild Wars before it, GW2 doesn’t fall into the traps of traditional MMORPGs.
It doesn’t suck your life away and force you onto a grinding treadmill"
LOL

Laurels

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

It has already been said many times. Legendaries aren’t any better (powerful) than other max weapons. They are just a symbol of wanting to put all that work (or a lot of money) into it.

Laurels

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Hopefully not many. Fractals have really bad design.

Laurels

Michael.7943

Ok but if devs first intended for max gear to be easy to obtain, why legendaries are so much hard to obtain? Legendaries ARE max gear on game with best stats on future.

Cosmetic items rather that max stats, the only reason they’ll always be max is because of the insane grind required to earn them. Up until people realized that the dungeons were lackluster exotic pieces were easy to obtain through tokens. Now we have mini dungeons and the only way to obtain ascended gear was to grind the ‘new end game’ until they fixed dungeons. Now on Monday things may change, and others might finally be able to have some new shiny pink rings.