Laurels

Laurels

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Runcore.5107

Runcore.5107

I hope that getting ascended items from laurels will be at least same hard as on fractals. You said that its so easy to get ascended items from fractals but its not truth. For ascended back you need 1.850 fractal relics and its very long way to get it + ring MAYBE drop after 10+ and do you know that you need some Agony resistance before you enter 10+? If ppl dont have Agony resistace and everybody go there withou it, you will end soon. Its not so easy how you think and is visible that you are not going fractals because you dont know what are you speaking about. For me it was for example 210x simple fractals to get ascended back and you think that it is easy? It took much time and exactly same time should take collecting laurels for ascended items.

Is good to know that ppl will have ascended items in few day while other ppl spent weeks on getting same items from fractals.

(edited by Runcore.5107)

Laurels

Posted by: kRiza krimos.1637

kRiza krimos.1637

And i ask you same question. Why should those of us who arent interested on grinding and collecting materieal be forced to do it to get legendary weapon? We are not lazy, thats just not what we want to do in-game. ANet has said that GW2 should be about “playing the game your way,” so limiting a tier of equipment to only one activity goes against that philosophy. Agree? Its same care but legendary weapons are real hard work and not daily/monthly relax game.

Yes and GW2 become game, where everybody has everything, everybody has best items and only for relax playing. I think that it not only my opinion that game where everybody has everyting is not dream of all players. Some players, who play more and do more ingame events/dungeons and spend more time on game, want have better reward for their effort and no that player A play it more time, do more events/dungeons and has ascended item and then come player B which play relax style of game and play about 30 min/day and have exactly same ascended item like player A. It is not fair style.

You spoke about real work and how much time you spend there and here it is same. I think that you will not be happy if you worker A spend 8 hours/per day on work and get for example 50 euro and worker B spend only 30 minuts per day on work and get 100 euro. I think that you want better reward for your work and time.

Just wait some time and you will see that I was right. Mesmer portal for another classes, now ascended items for all….if Anet continue this style everybody will have everything, legendary weapons will be almost for free and everybody will be legendary with best items and no matter if he play 4 hours per day or 4 minutes per day.

Players who play more will have more rewards not better rewards and that is how its intended.
I have no idea what you are talking about mesmer portals and stuff, but seems to me that you have no idea what you are talking either. Also draging legendarys into this discussion is grasping for straw if you ask me. Preaching doom prophecies is getting old, considering how many world endings we survived

p.s. Your example of workers A and B is how things actually are, you might know that if you werent in fractals all day, every day.

You dont know what Im talking about? I will try explain it to you. I think that you now that mesmer portal will be given to some another classes and same ascended items will be easy to get for all and no matter how much time they spend on game and this is exactly what im speaking about. This game is going to part where everybody will have everything. There will be no differences between players and characters who spend more time on game and those who spend only 30 min per day. I was speaking with friend and he told me that he played some game where was very hard to get mount animal, he was hardly playing about 3 months to get it and then (after children was crying on forum how it is hard) game designers make this mounts almost for free and everybody have these mounts. This mount was sign of hard work he did on game and it was thing which distinguished him on game from occasional players and now? On this game have everybody mounts even players who almost dont play. He spent 3 months of hard playing to get it, children cried and now his work is ruined. And exactly same thing will happen here on GW2. After one year everybody will have legendary weapons which will drop from mobs or something like this and everybody will have everything. This is game of your dream??? My not.

And I hope that it will take about 2/3 months to get enough laurels for ascended items. Ascended items are near legendaries so it will not have everybody for some daily only.

I would like some proof of what you are saying. Saying mesmer portal is going to be given to another classes? Where did you hear that? Pulling things out of your kitten and stating them as facts does not make them true. You explained me nothing with wall of text written in really bad english.
I also find it hilarious that you are mentioning children crying on forums! ROFL! And FYI sign of hard work is worn-out face or pain in muscles but certainly not pixel pony.
So you want to be elite because you can live in-game 24/7? Im sry that is not how things work in gw2. But i do wish you luck in finding game of your dreams! LOL

Laurels

Runcore.5107

You want proof? Here you are:

ppl are speaking about it on forum:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/Mesmers-will-not-be-the-only-portalers/page/2#post1242421

+ read transcriptions of interview with Anet developers. You think that I imagine things here only to make my post more interesting or what?

And if you dont understand what Im saying on this post its your problem. Other ppl maybe understand it because i dont see any problem to understand that is problem that all ppl on game will have all and doesnt matter how long their play or what they do. All for all for no work is not good way for game.

(edited by Runcore.5107)

Laurels

kRiza krimos.1637

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/Mesmers-will-not-be-the-only-portalers/page/2#post1242421

+ read transcriptions of interview with Anet developers. You think that I imagine things here only to make my post more interesting or what?

People saying it on forums makes it a fact? Please. And i have been reading and watching every interview with ANet representatives, still havent seen that mentioned anywhere. If you could be so kind to link interview where they said it plz?

Laurels

Runcore.5107

Maybe ppl took it from transcript from dulfy.net? Last week we all was reading it, where you was? I have enough. It like speaking with stone. You will never change your mind and I will never change my. You are happy that you will get ascended for nothing and no work and Im angry that I got my ascended with a lot of time spent on fractals and everybody will now get if for free.

(edited by Runcore.5107)

Laurels

kRiza krimos.1637

Maybe ppl took it from transcript from dulfy.net? Last week we all was reading it, where you was?

Then it shouldnt be a problem for you to link it as proof. If you must know, i was busy living my life not stressing about pixel ponys.

Let me help you there: “we were all reading it” and “where were you”

Laurels

kRiza krimos.1637

Maybe ppl took it from transcript from dulfy.net? Last week we all was reading it, where you was? I have enough. It like speaking with stone. You will never change your mind and I will never change my. You are happy that you will get ascended for nothing and no work and Im angry that I got my ascended with a lot of time spent on fractals and everybody will now get if for free.

FOR FREE! For the lulz! TY!

Laurels

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

Developers are planning to raise stats of legendary weapons so its only matter of time so my comparison is right. I count with fact that legendaries will be strongest weapons on game.

Legendary weapons are BiS alongside Exotic, and soon to be Ascended.

Legendary weapons won’t be raised to be stronger than Ascended.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Laurels

Posted by: Awesome.6120

Awesome.6120

You spoke about real work and how much time you spend there and here it is same. I think that you will not be happy if you worker A spend 8 hours/per day on work and get for example 50 euro and worker B spend only 30 minuts per day on work and get same 50 euro. I think that you want better reward for your work and time.

This is really funny because it’s exactly how real work is except the other guys are often making even more than you, not just the same. Runcore, be honest, are you like 14 years old?

[SFD] – Maguuma

Laurels

Posted by: Michael.7943

Michael.7943

I hope that getting ascended items from laurels will be at least same hard as on fractals. You said that its so easy to get ascended items from fractals but its not truth. For ascended back you need 1.850 fractal relics and its very long way to get it + ring MAYBE drop after 10+ and do you know that you need some Agony resistance before you enter 10+? If ppl dont have Agony resistace and everybody go there withou it, you will end soon. Its not so easy how you think and is visible that you are not going fractals because you dont know what are you speaking about. For me it was for example 210x simple fractals to get ascended back and you think that it is easy? It took much time and exactly same time should take collecting laurels for ascended items.

Is good to know that ppl will have ascended items in few day while other ppl spent weeks on getting same items from fractals.

If you want to be the 1% with the best gear there’s always other games, but guild wars should always be skill>gear.

Laurels

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

People saying it on forums makes it a fact? Please. And i have been reading and watching every interview with ANet representatives, still havent seen that mentioned anywhere. If you could be so kind to link interview where they said it plz?

From the transcript:

Q: Do you find any profession to be out of balance like Ele bunker, roamer, thief one shot combo, mesmer portal?
Ele bunker is really strong, on our watchlist
Mesmer portal is giving us problems –giving that tool onto other classes maybe?

source: http://dulfy.net/2013/01/17/gw2-dev-livestream-jan-17-transcript/

That’s the problem with adding new gear tiers on all MMORPGs, a problem that wasn’t supposed to exist in Guild Wars 2 but unfortunately it does.
Getting Ascended Rings in Fractals isn’t very hard… running level 10 fractal 10 times will net you one ring of your choice in 10 days, plus if you are lucky, some other rings from the daily reward.
We have to wait and see how it plays out with the Laurels. The real question now is, how much should a Ring cost in Laurels?
How much “harder” is, doing a single level 10 Daily in FotM, compared to doing a daily achievement? Let’s make a “quick” comparisson:
First, doing the level 10 Daily in FotM requires the “overhead” of doing the levels 1-9 first, Dailies require nothing before you start doing them.
Second, the level 10 Daily is doable by level 80 characters with some care in gear, you can’t do them naked (unless you are a very good player), on the other hand, a level 1 can certainly do all Dailies, maybe even easier than a level 80, there are more events at the lower levels, and more mob variety in zones like Queensdale and Wayfarer Foothills than the higher level zones. On the minus side, gathering materials on lower level zones isn’t optimal in terms of money.
Third, Dailies can be done easily solo, while doing the level 10 Fractals is impossible to solo and you need a group, and need to find a group each day, unless you have a dedicated party.

Overall, it’s obvious that getting Laurels is a lot easier than getting Pristine Relics, but… is it actually faster? A good group can do FotM level 10 in very little time, can you actually do everything in a Daily in the same time frame? That’s another aspect to consider.

Laurels

TheDaiBish.9735

Correct me i’m wrong, but didn’t they say they’d be looking into giving other professions utilities to use in WvW on par with portal? I only read the transcript, didn’t watch the livestream.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Laurels

Posted by: Halanna.3927

Halanna.3927

What do you think of the Laurel system?

I personally always complete the daily/monthlies so I’m looking forward to finally being able to progress towards ascended gear without having to do FoTM.

I think it’s great! A big thumbs up. As long as they continue to provide alternate paths of progression toward the same gear/rewards, they’ll keep me as a gem paying customer.

Laurels

Posted by: Anjhouli.7049

Anjhouli.7049

Overall, it’s obvious that getting Laurels is a lot easier than getting Pristine Relics, but… is it actually faster? A good group can do FotM level 10 in very little time, can you actually do everything in a Daily in the same time frame? That’s another aspect to consider.

And, in addition, while doing FotM level 10 daily, you get quite a bit of your “Laurel Daily” done, if the new Dailys are anything close to the old ones.

Laurels

kRiza krimos.1637

From the transcript:

Q: Do you find any profession to be out of balance like Ele bunker, roamer, thief one shot combo, mesmer portal?
Ele bunker is really strong, on our watchlist
Mesmer portal is giving us problems –giving that tool onto other classes maybe?

source: http://dulfy.net/2013/01/17/gw2-dev-livestream-jan-17-transcript/

Ty for link. They still say “maybe” its not set in stone, like Angry poster stated. Plus, i highly doubt they can copy portal skill with different flavor onto any other class since there is too many obstacles lore-wise, perhaps necro and ele could be fitted with that sort of skill, but then again giving ele more power would be insane.

Laurels

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

You spoke about real work and how much time you spend there and here it is same. I think that you will not be happy if you worker A spend 8 hours/per day on work and get for example 50 euro and worker B spend only 30 minuts per day on work and get same 50 euro. I think that you want better reward for your work and time.

Well in a work situation that’s correct. However, a game is not work. It’s a past time. I would be pretty annoyed if Tiger Woods got a handicap because he plays golf more than me. I would be kitten if Kasparov got 5 queens because he played chess more. I don’t want to run bare footed against Usain Bolt because he runs more than me. I want us all to be on an even footing when we go into a relaxing past time, exactly what Guild Wars 2 is supposed to be.

When I go into a triathlon competition, I’m allowed to play by the same rules as everyone else. They buy a better bike, so do I. The only thing separating us, is skill. And the one without skill, gets a head start. Apparently, you’re not fine with that. The only thing I can get from that is that, despite all your time playing the game, you want a head start because you’re less skilled?

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Laurels

Posted by: Silver Halliwell.4735

Silver Halliwell.4735

It is always the no life losers and lucky RNG people that kitten me off beyond recognition. You get a lucky drop and progress farther than others…good for you. Don’t sit there an preach that people don’t work for it. Back when Aion was somewhat popular, I ran Besh over 500 times (and you can could only do it once every 24 hours) and never got an entire set of gear from the dungeon. For those of you that don’t want to do math, that is over a year and a half. I had enough time to get on and do my dailies there and run one run through Besh ~2 hours a night. So, what you are saying is that I did not work for it? What exactly was I expected to do? I could only run it once a day. Some people, on the other hand, got the full set in less than a month. They worked so much harder than I did at it, huh? I believe they now have a dungeon system similar to GW2 where if you run it X amount of times you can buy a piece of gear…as it should be. No one can ever say that I didn’t work for my gear in that game….ever!

Laurels

Posted by: azurrei.5691

azurrei.5691

Developers are planning to raise stats of legendary weapons so its only matter of time so my comparison is right. I count with fact that legendaries will be strongest weapons on game.

That is mostly correct

Ascended=Legendary>Exotic once Ascended weapons are introduced.

Laurels

TheDaiBish.9735

That is mostly correct

Ascended=Legendary>Exotic once Ascended weapons are introduced.

Totally meant that. I just worded it rubbish

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Laurels

Posted by: Beaverlover.9015

Beaverlover.9015

We shall see how much of a bonus it is when the final cost of items is released.

It’s just another gated system that funnels players into the gem store.

ArenaNet is giving us more ways to get stuff in-game so that more people will turn to the gem store?

That’s devious…

It is, perhaps I am to negative, but so far anets track record has been rather disappointing.

(holds head down in disappointment) Why play a game you dislike? One answer, cause you don’t dislike it. Laurels are a bonus to dailies. I am not a FOTM person and I hate PvP with a passion. ANet will never be able to please any of you and quite frankly, they shouldn’t. Notice, out of the 10mil+ people who play, only (guessing) 100,000 post to forums to complain. 1% is what everyone on here is. Just remember that.

Laurels

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

What do you think of the Laurel system?

I personally always complete the daily/monthlies so I’m looking forward to finally being able to progress towards ascended gear without having to do FoTM.

Does anyone know how much it takes to get a ascended ring? We can see in the preview that is costs ~100 for a cat tonic, 5 for 10 uid dyes, and 5 for ‘class gear’ (yellow).

I think that getting ascended items for laurels is not fair to ppl who spent a lot of time doing fractals of the mist up to now. I spent a lot of time on fractals (over 250+ fractals) to get some ascended items (and im still now somewhere on middle of my way) and now everybody can easily buy it just for doing daily and montly and this is not right. Lazy ppl who dont work for their ascended on fractals should not get this ascended items. You want ascended? Then go hard work to fractals like other ppl and not only do daily/monthly. If I remember good Anet said that ascended items are items between exotics and legendaries with corresponding difficulty of getting it and what we see now? Ascended items for daily/monthly. Are you normal Anet? What will be your next step? Legendaries for daily/monthly? Let ascended item only for those who did hard work on fractals and deserve it and not for all. Ppl doing daily/monthly dont deserve ascended items. I hope that at least ascended will need 3+ months of daily/monthly to buy it.

I don’t think it’s fair they added a type of gear that could only be obtained by people who sit in lions arch all day running fractals. It excluded all the WvW players who spend time and silver defending your server and getting you bonuses that you did not help earn.

It’s sounds just as condescending and asinine when I say it too doesn’t it? No one aspect of the game is more important then anouther and should never be treated as such. Anet still needs to add a path to ascended gear thru wvw (hopefully next month) and then it will all be covered (minus crafting but maybe that will come?). If anything bringing out a tier of gear that was only obtainable thru one method was a mistake and was asking for comments like yours when it was finally changed.

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

Laurels

Posted by: Kandrick.8054

Kandrick.8054

The problem you have is that you picked the wrong activity for your playstyle. If you wished to grind hard in order to get the best reward your activity should have been legendary not Ascended.

Seriously, this game was never intended to be time played = elite gear/status. The philosophy was that you could fairly easily attain max statted gear with different playstyles. Karma, dungeons, crafting, dragons etc all lead to the same exotic gear (OK it should be dragons).
Within a week of releasing fractals they held their hands up and said it was a mistake only making ascended items available using one method and that they would rectify that mistake over time – I give you laurels.
So it has always been the case and generally known that ascended items would become more easily available and I further expect other ways to be introduced in the future.
A lot of players who did not like fractals saw this and opted to wait for the new methods of gaining these items and will now get their payoff.

I think it is a great system. For example I pretty much burned out by December playing too hard too long in WvW since release so took December off pretty much completely. I came back this month and guess what – I wasn’t behind the curve like I would have been in WoW. I could log my character in and jump straight back into current content just like I never left.

Legendaries – Covered in the – If someone really wants to grind then … statement. They are covering all playstyles including the grinder. You picked the wrong activity for your preferred playstyle.

Laurels

Posted by: gillius.2856

gillius.2856

its terrible how can we have laurels without hardys….

joking aside i think its something else to work for and that will come with normal gameplay i like em…

Laurels

Posted by: Kandrick.8054

Kandrick.8054

It also still makes sense in running fractals as it’s easier to get rings that way than to spend laurels on them in most cases. People will really be wanting amulets for their main and their alts which is many dailies and monthlies worth depending on the amount of alts you run. To also get rings for alts would take forever using laurels so it still makes sense to pick the rings up through fractals.
Also your time hasn’t been wasted, nobody is going to take the ascended items you already earned away from you. You have a headstart on maxxing over most as you will already have ascended rings and packs for your characters and can concentrate on getting them kitted out with amulets immediately. You are closer than most to the ultimate goal of owning Chauncey Von Snuffles III.