Laurels for mystic clover/obi shard

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Johnathan Ralston.5871

Johnathan Ralston.5871

Can we get faster way to farm obsidian shards as well as a definite way for mystic clovers?

1 Laurel = 1 Mystic clover

1 Laurel = 3 Obsidian shards
This would be nice so that I do not have to spent 350 obsidian shards again for only 77 mystic clovers. I forgot to mention the additional 250 for the Gift of Mastery.

Posted by: Getefix.9150

Getefix.9150

its already 3 laurels for 3 obby shards – post patch you’ll be able to use pvp as a slow but free way to ‘farm’ clovers

“Nothing is true, Everything is permitted”

Kiel Replacement Movement

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

Wait what? We can now farm clovers in PvP? I had gotten to rank 10 in PvP, but not played too much as I lacked a team. I’d definitely play it more if I got some reward for me PvE character too.

Posted by: Fasalina.6571

Fasalina.6571

They way of obtaining mystic clovers is fine atm. 1 Mystic clover per laurel is not balanced AT ALL. In order to obtain a MC you need 1 Obi, 1 coin, 1 ecto and 6 philospopher stones and you want all that to be worth 1 Laurel? It’s not going to happen.
If you really want another way then it should be somewhere between 10 and 15 laurels per mystic clover.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

They way of obtaining mystic clovers is fine atm. 1 Mystic clover per laurel is not balanced AT ALL. In order to obtain a MC you need 1 Obi, 1 coin, 1 ecto and 6 philospopher stones and you want all that to be worth 1 Laurel? It’s not going to happen.
If you really want another way then it should be somewhere between 10 and 15 laurels per mystic clover.

I had the same reaction as you at first but no. 1 laurel per clover seems fine considering you can only get 1 per day plus 10 from the monthly. That is around 2.5 months to get the 77 required. Maybe 2 per clover but 10 is in the “why even bother putting this into the game?” category.

Posted by: Xbon.9086

Xbon.9086

I had the same reaction as you at first but no. 1 laurel per clover seems fine considering you can only get 1 per day plus 10 from the monthly. That is around 2.5 months to get the 77 required. Maybe 2 per clover but 10 is in the “why even bother putting this into the game?” category.

3 obsi shards per 3 laurels already says that you’re getting 1/4 a clover per laurel, so if anything 1 clover = 4 laurels.

otherwise, what purpose would you buy obsidian shards? maybe even inflate it a little bit so 5 laurels 1 clover so that people still buy obsidian shards.

Posted by: William Bradley Knight.2609

William Bradley Knight.2609

3 obsi shards per 3 laurels already says that you’re getting 1/4 a clover per laurel, so if anything 1 clover = 4 laurels.

otherwise, what purpose would you buy obsidian shards? maybe even inflate it a little bit so 5 laurels 1 clover so that people still buy obsidian shards.

I agree. Why would anyone see a problem with shards/clovers? Shards are readily available for karma. Spending 350 to get 77 clovers like the OP suggested doesn’t seem at all unreasonable.

Posted by: Allaraina.8614

Allaraina.8614

I’d be thrilled with swapping my laurels for clovers, rather than dump gold on the tp and wait for mats. Especially given the icky drop rate for t6 stuff, plus the nerf to farming.

:)

My 18 characters are waiting for outfits from GW1 like Tuxedos! WE GOT DWAYNA! =D
http://asuratime.tumblr.com/

Posted by: Nabrok.9023

Nabrok.9023

Wait what? We can now farm clovers in PvP? I had gotten to rank 10 in PvP, but not played too much as I lacked a team. I’d definitely play it more if I got some reward for me PvE character too.

With the patch today, you will be able to gain mystic clovers as PvP rewards (it’s in the new reward tracks).

This will be the only guaranteed method of getting clovers in the game (though the RNG in the forge for clovers is not bad at all).

You’ll want to check out PvP again in general as all rewards are now unified between game modes and there’s a lot you’ll be able to use (transmutation charges).

“I’m not a PvE, WvW, or PvP player – I am a Guild Wars 2 player”
Tarnished Coast – Dissentient [DIS]
All classes

Johnathan Ralston.5871

1 clover for 1 laurel seems fair

Posted by: Xbon.9086

Xbon.9086

1 clover for 1 laurel seems fair

It is not. as I stated before, you use 3 laurels to get 3 obsidian shards, 1 obsidian shard = 1/4 a clover, the minimum a clover should be is 4 laurels.

Posted by: Fermi.2409

Fermi.2409

Shards are readily available for karma.

To be fair, it can take a while to build the karma required for 450-500 shards. You’re looking at ~1m.

HAF 912 | i7-3770k @ 4.5 GHz | MSI GTX 1070 GAMING 8GB | Gigabyte Z77X-D3H
EGVA SuperNOVA B2 750W | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | Acer XG270HU | Win 10×64
MX Brown Quickfire XT | Commander Shaussman [AGNY]- Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: Shufflepants.9785

Shufflepants.9785

I’d be more interested in this trade in the other direction, one clover for one laurel.

Posted by: IncognitoP.1648

IncognitoP.1648

To be fair, it can take a while to build the karma required for 450-500 shards. You’re looking at ~1m.

i think thats kinda the point.
it takes a while to farm the karma because its a legendary item lol……

arena net never makes getting legendaries easier, just harder
remember when dailies gave jugs of liquid karma? and monthlies gave 10 jugs? that was pretty much 7k per day just by doing dailies.
What is it now? nerfed —> 600 karma for doing dailies
cursed shore event chains? —> nerfed
the best way to farm karma now is fractals and wvw trains
t6 mat drop rates/farming in general?-→ nerfed

1 clover for 1 laurel right now is hilariously easier than the current method and they wont go through with it.

Posted by: Anesthesia.4652

Anesthesia.4652

“obi”….. cringe
Still not as cringe-worthy as “cheevo” tho

Posted by: Reeko.1386

Reeko.1386

I think this is not a good idea.
If you make Mystic Clovers in the Mystic Forge with the known recipe, and you fail makin the clover, then you get nice amounts of T6 materials. So just simply buying the Clovers for Laurel is just wasting Laurels. But that is just my opinion

Johnathan Ralston.5871

unless you are me who needs 700 obsidian shards for a single legendary

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

I’d be more interested in this trade in the other direction, one clover for one laurel.

Same.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Posted by: Reeko.1386

Reeko.1386

I’m making my second legendary now. Wich means almost 1.1M karma AGAIN.
Until May 30, there is the 2014 Spring WvW Tournament: lot’s of ppl on WvW now. Get a karma booster and couple hours u can make around 50-60k karma. And you’ll get shinies and fun time as well! ohoh, and if you finish the meta, U’ll get nice shinies when the Tournament ends!

edit: and 2 of the achivements give 25-25 Obs shards.

(edited by Reeko.1386)

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

EoTM karma train says hi

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg