Laurels system sounds great

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: edjahman.9104

edjahman.9104

Thank you ANet for making it possible to gear up without having to run dungeons until my eyes bleed.

The new Laurel system sounds great!

Posted by: Krosslite.1950

Krosslite.1950

and is not a cuss word to some folks like “crowns” appeared to be

Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or hold sacred

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Thank you ANet for making it possible to gear up without having to run dungeons until my eyes bleed.

Um, what did you see in the sample list of rewards that makes you say that?

I see boxes of random rare (yellow) quality items. Thats not going to displace Dungeon-farmed exotic (orange) armor for a heartbeat.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

edjahman.9104

Ascended gear. It’s in the notes. Also, it was mentioned in other threads…Ascended gear being able to be purchased with laurels. Rings and Amulets and possibly back items.

So you are saying Ascended gear is rare quality?

(edited by edjahman.9104)

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

Ascended gear. It’s in the notes. Also, it was mentioned in other threads…Ascended gear being able to be purchased with laurels. Rings and Amulets and possibly back items.

So you are saying Ascended gear is rare quality?

That’s funny. You think that by doing a few dailies you’re gonna have a ton of ascended gear. I imagine the prices will be ludicrous for ascended gear.

Posted by: SamD.5127

SamD.5127

I swear i saw somewhere that these may also possibly help with precursors? I know that it won’t be direct in any shape/way/form…but i’m pretty sure i read it in one of collin’s posts?

Mya Clearwater – 80 Guardian
Pinkiy – 80 Warrior
Stytch – 80 Mesmer

edjahman.9104

A step in the right direction….good enough for me. I’m in no hurry.

TehPwnerer.7215

I swear i saw somewhere that these may also possibly help with precursors? I know that it won’t be direct in any shape/way/form…but i’m pretty sure i read it in one of collin’s posts?

I don’t think so. They have no current dev schedule for revamping the way precursors are acquired. They’d like to in the future, but I think for now all he said is that they’re making playing the game and exploring the world (events and such) more rewarding. Whatever that means.

I could be wrong and maybe I’m missing something, but as far as I recall they never mentioned this being beneficial to legendary weapon progression.

TehPwnerer.7215

A step in the right direction….good enough for me. I’m in no hurry.

Same. Patience is a virtue and more players need to think like that.

Posted by: SamD.5127

SamD.5127

I don’t think so. They have no current dev schedule for revamping the way precursors are acquired. They’d like to in the future, but I think for now all he said is that they’re making playing the game and exploring the world (events and such) more rewarding. Whatever that means.

I could be wrong and maybe I’m missing something, but as far as I recall they never mentioned this being beneficial to legendary weapon progression.

Collin’s post in another thread

He hints that it may be somewhat possible. “adding new ways you can earn precursors as rewards via new reward systems taking advantage of our open persistent world.”

I’m hoping it is…

Mya Clearwater – 80 Guardian
Pinkiy – 80 Warrior
Stytch – 80 Mesmer