Lawsuits, refunds, class action.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

Don’t make a fool of yourself. You can’t get a refund, most of the things claimed are not ground for a class action and whatever changed you agreed to up front with the EULA.

You can get your money refunded through your credit card company. Do note, however, that this WILL get your card flagged as fraudulent along with all other bounced credit cards used by bots. You may be in for more trouble than it’s worth and without the capability to pay for anything.

Third. If you think you have ground for a lawsuit or class action…. first and foremost contact your lawyer. Most will give you free advice whether or not a class action is feasible. Most will tell you there’s absolutely nothing to base a case on. If you do get a lawyer willing to file a case that’ll be dropped anyways, go to court, don’t post on the forums.

I do not agree with everything a.net did, but I do laugh every time someone claims he’s going to get a refund. Don’t make a fool of yourself.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Posted by: veritech.1048

veritech.1048

You should probably be aware of how the law works outside of your country before making small-minded comments.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Sadly people are getting refunds. No matter how wrong we think it is ArenaNet does seem to still give them their money back even after playing for several months.

I understand what you mean however and I find it quite funny that people keep shouting about ArenaNet breaking laws and such and yet when telling them to sue them (since clearly you would win if ArenaNet had indeed broken laws) they tend to get very quite.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: mcwurth.2081

mcwurth.2081

i laugh too each time someone claims to ask for a refund. those claiming it are probably spamming LA with : LFG FOTM LVL 23!!!

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Don’t make a fool of yourself. You can’t get a refund, most of the things claimed are not ground for a class action and whatever changed you agreed to up front with the EULA.

As said many many times your ignoance in laws is astonishing.

EULA has no legal validity…at all

Manifesto has (in europe for sure).

Its called false advertising…….

again misinformation and personal attacks from patch defenders…

Almost 100% of their posts are like this..

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: Gwartham Haldane.8459

Gwartham Haldane.8459

You can get your money refunded through your credit card company. Do note, however, that this WILL get your card flagged as fraudulent along with all other bounced credit cards used by bots. You may be in for more trouble than it’s worth and without the capability to pay for anything.

Umm….Waaaaaat?

If I contact my CC, and they end up reversing my charge, this has no impact on me, or my card, with anyone else but Anet.

Doesn’t put me on some international blacklist or anything lol. If anything its quite the opposite, if enough people did get money charged back, it impacts Anet, because then CC companies start to blacklist charge attempts by Anet.

As someone who handles fraud and chargebacks as part of my job, I kind of find the dont make yourself look like a fool part of post very amusing…..

(edited by Gwartham Haldane.8459)

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

we live in a litigious world

incidentally, when I revisited the manifesto, I couldn’t actually see anything concrete that’s failed

Posted by: xiv.7136

xiv.7136

Class action lawsuits are for people whose children have been poisoned by tainted water supplies, or soldiers who got radiation poisoning.

Stuff like that.

It is simply childish and incredibly sad that some people think 3 slots of ascended gear in a video game is grounds for a class action lawsuit.

It’s ridiculous.

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

well it would be a good point..but VG media seems to see the incoherence and having written about it could be a strong point infavor of the infraction of the manifesto….

On the other side the fact that “you” don t see any incoherence…its a little weak as point ._.

Expecially since we don t know who “you” are and your competence in the matter, nor you posted logic behind your reasoning.

Also note another posts of personal attacks up there as i said most patch defenders have no facts and rely on those tricks….

Just to say class action are really good because they gives protection for internet customers…

Thus they are a blessing (proved) for E-sales.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

(edited by LordByron.8369)

Posted by: Galen Grey.4709

Galen Grey.4709

As said many many times your ignoance in laws is astonishing.

EULA has no legal validity…at all

Manifesto has (in europe for sure).

Its called false advertising…….

again misinformation and personal attacks from patch defenders…

Almost 100% of their posts are like this..

Of course you’re ignoring a cructial thing that is what was intended with the manifesto is subjective!

The manifesto essentially said that you shouldnt have to play long time to be on par with anyone else. Did they break that promise? in PvE it doesnt apply because there is no compentition in sPvP it doesnt apply cause everyone gets the best gear. In WvW you might have a problem but then they clearly stated time and time again that WvW is intentionally unbalanced (and they are right your armor plays an insignificant part in the grand scheme of things in WvW)

I for one dont agree with ascended armor having better stats, but honestly for me they didnt break the manifesto! nothing they did makes anything said false, for me!

Its not that easy to proof in court as you think in my opinion!

anyhow Sony with the playstation 3 removed a whole feature the ability to run linux
they were taken to court and still won!

Posted by: McSlappy.1372

McSlappy.1372

Not gonna happen. Yeah ANet sucks as a company but that’s about all your gonna get. You’d have to prove damages. Good luck. If AN is providing refunds cool. That is their choice. EULAs are debatable if their enforceable or not. Their agreed to after point of sale and can be ruled against as has past cases ruled depending on the circumstances. However some recording by the Devs talking about their vision for what the game may or may not be is not grounds as false advertising. Especially when that was published while the game was in development.

All in all you think you have a chance at a case? Go for it! Let me know how that turns out for you.

Posted by: Gwartham Haldane.8459

Gwartham Haldane.8459

Look, there are no grounds in my opinion at all for any type of litigation or refunds or anything when it comes to this situation.

They are offering refunds purely out of convenience and goodwill.

Offer you a refund, and you might come back later or for another Anet title. Also it costs most companies around 25bucks above and beyond the revenue they lose from the chargeback, hence why if you push hard enough, most companies will give you the refund.

Also, they have to pay someone to take your complaint, refund request, whatever as well, cheaper to give people the refunds instead of fighting it.

Posted by: CC Ivonne.6782

CC Ivonne.6782

Community Coordinator

Hello everybody,
thanks for all your comments. However, this thread has derailed and it will be locked.
Thanks for understanding.